Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Meg,
Your outfit sounds adorable. I hope your seamstress can take the size 10 skirt down to fit. Is there anyway she can sew a big bold "4" in the label too? Clothes are the number one motivator for me, too. I love my jeans and shorts and slacks and all my cute tops. I'd be sick if they didn't fit me. Plus I got rid of all my larger stuff so I really will hae nothing to wear if I gain weight. And there is no way I could rationalize money out of our budget to buy larger clothes again!
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #77  
Meg

LOL on the size 4 on the label, Pam. Like jeans with the size on the big back label? I never understood that! Fortunately my wonderful seamstress said that she can fix the skirt by taking in two inches on each side and resetting the waist band. The whole skirt fell down when I tried it on for her this morning, even though it was buttoned and zipped!

I got rid of every bit of my big stuff too, so I'd have absolutely nothing to wear if I even gained ten pounds. And I'd be so sad to look at all my pretty clothes and not be able to fit into them! Yay for clothes motivation!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #78  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

I've actually had several good finds myself since I got to clothes shopping for my much slimmer body.

- a designer shirt marked down from $255 (whoa!) to $35
- nice fitting Lucky Brand Jeans 28" - half off so ~ $60
- 2 size Small vintage T-shirts - marked down from ~ $60 to $10
- Hugo Boss jeans 29" - marked down from ~ $150 to $35

So yes, sample/warehouse/seasonal sales are fun!
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #79  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Meg that sounds really, really nice. I don't think I would have thought to buy something so large and have it altered. Which is silly, because that's what I've been doing with some of the items that I purchased and loved from just a few months ago. My tailor loves me, probably because I give her so much business. She's always asking me how much I lost and what I'm eating.

I too got rid of every single item. Well that's not true. I did keep a few items. Just to see how far I've come and for taking that picture where it fits around you twice.

Not only did I get rid of my clothing from the beginning (except for those few pieces) I just got rid of my clothing from even a couple of months ago. There really is no turning back for me. I would also have nothing to wear if I were to gain 10 lbs. So I had best NOT gain. I simply refuse to yo-yo (you hear that, self?).

I absolutely adore my clothing now. Clothing has definitely become one of my biggest motivators.

Aquawarlock, you did real well!! Especially with the jeans.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #80  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I bought my new walking shoes today at a sports store and I have went down from size 9 to 8. They feel really comfortable and the real test will be tonite when I go for my long walk.

I went to Old Navy and looked at new shirts. They all come halfway to my knees or look like maternity shirts. I don't need to cover my hips and thighs (heck, they are what looks great on me, LOL). I'm definitely not wearing anything that makes me look fat or pregnant. DUH, I lost too much weight to look fat or pregnant. Seriously, I can't think of anyone that these new clothes would make their figure look better. I did find a double breasted khaki jacket that I like and may go back and get. The size medium fit me perfectly. Next week I'm taking Lacy and Shelby school clothes shopping at the mall. I hope to find some new shirts that I like. I did buy me 2 size medium polo shirts today.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #81  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

We're done with school clothes shopping now. I bought me some Aeropostale jeans that were on sale for $20.00 off. They fit nicely and make my flat butt look rounder and my legs look really "skinny" in them. I also bought 3 casual shirts for myself. (I didn't try on the shirts, I actually only like 1 of them so may take the other 2 back). The other 2 look too tight across my dang "linebacker shoulders".

I don't know why, but every time I look for ladies polo shirts , I end up liking the men's style better. I don't buy them, but they do look cuter. I guess it's the little capped sleeves that I hate on the ladies. I'm just so self-conscious of my flappy upper arms.

Lacy actually enjoyed the shopping this time and didn't complain about buying size 5's. She is 5'8 now and is really looking taller and more slender now. Plus she was really excited that she went from an A cup to a B cup in her new bras. Shelbey has been giving Lacy a hard time and calling her "flatchested". But, Lacy got her revenge when Shelbey had to buy size 12 jeans. Aww, sibling rivalry, what fun.

Last edited by lilybelle; 08-04-2007 at 03:49 PM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 AM   #82  
Meg

It's August, so let's start a Fall Clothes Shopping thread.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote