Old 01-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #91  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all

Day 2 of TO....i'm feeling good, but I forgot my lunch on the counter. So i think i'll go home at lunch to get it and have lunch quick. I didn't have trouble making my 2 eggs this a.m. even though i was running a little late. Last night i felt a little hungry, but i had a cup of FF/SF coffee (Decaf too), it satisfied me and I feel that I slept better. That may be because I have physical therapy for my back and i worked hard on the circuit. I did the whole circuit in about 30 minutes.

I haven't had the bar talk yet, and not looking forward to it.....i don't think i want any of that stuff. But i'll be open to it and see what they have.

Have a great day!!
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:59 AM   #92  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

I just bought some Luna bars off Ebay. I got 2 boxes of 15 bars each for 21.20. That was 9.95 for the bars, 9.95 shipping and 1.30 insurance. I have done this twice now. Then I have a luna bar in the morning and save my LA lite for at night.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #93  
191.8/168.2/160

Star - yes that is my "little man". I still could just "eat him up1"

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I looovvvveee the lites, but just can't afford them.

I will tell them about the Ebay thing. Whatever, I am not moving up a plan.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:02 AM   #94  

Michelle - Personally I think the bars are worth it. I've been "barless" (lol) for about two months now, and I really miss them! Also at my center (franchised), they had different levels of discounts based on how many boxes you bought - you didn't HAVE to buy your entire program's worth up front. You have to stand firm, though! I bought 20 boxes because that was the amount of money I felt comfortable spending right then. I'm currently analyzing my budget to see where I might have some padding so that I can buy more when I go back this week!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #95  

I could not be on this plan without the Lites - I'm totally ADDICTED to the chocolate crunch and double chocolate. Matter of fact, Tammy could you tell me how I could legally fit in three lites a day and how to count them? I will pawn family airlooms (sp?) to get them......lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:18 AM   #96  
191.8/168.2/160

Star - You could probably knock out a "starch" and get by with eating 3 if you like them that much and could do w/o a starch.

But the Gold plan only has 2 starches, so that may be tough.

The counselor did tell me one time if I indulged in a "sweet tooth" to go w/o my fruits that day.

So maybe you could alternate days with fruits and lites!
Old 01-04-2005, 10:21 AM   #97  

Aphil: I agree, some of them centers do have wolves.

Tams: You are too close to goal to listen to that person at the center. If you are on the gold and want to buy the Luna's - just ask them to write on your folder 'DO NOT SELL' so they stop asking you. Man, if you can do this at the beginning - who are they to tell you what you can do? And, they may switch the plan, but continue eatting per the Gold Plan. I don't think they will pay that much attention this time of year and if they do, face the music and tell them off.

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:29 AM   #98  

Tammy - Your right,I don't know if I could give up a starch - they are few and far between on Gold. Fruit, on the other hand, I could probably live without in exchange for a Lite.......hum - I knew you would have the answer - Thanks!
You know I thought about making my New Years Resolution #10) Next time a counslor at LA pi_ _ ed me off to punch em' out.......lol
Sy - Great advice to our resident exchange counter!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #99  
191.8/168.2/160

Talking

Sy- Man, I like your attitude . I will definitely stick with the Gold Plan, I've got it down pat and don't want to change

Hey, I've fibbed before on my diary, why stop now
Old 01-04-2005, 11:01 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 205/153.8/140

My you ladies are chatty this morning! Well, yesterday morning my scale said 165, today it was 162.2!!! Amazing what a day of being OP can do for you! I also did not fit in all my foods yesterday. BF and I are going through some things and the thought of food made me ill. (hmm, maybe this does have a bright side!) However, I also am not going to participate in BL this week. I have to start eating more carbs and drinking a lot of Gatorade (ohh, the counselors would LOVE to hear that!) in order to prep my body for the 1/2 marathon. I am going to finally go in and weigh in tonight. But then I know I won't be back to WI again until next Wednesday. Oh well, I paid for the extra weeks, I can go in as I please!

Tams, I agree with everyone else! You know your body and what works for you better than any counselor. Stick with what works for you! I don't know what I would do without the lite. My favorite is the caramel. When they moved me up to the Red plan, due to the running they tried to tell me to do the Shake LA Lite once a day and one bar. Apparently the shake has less calories. But I don't do that on a normal basis.. I like my bars too much! Honestly, I need the calories. However there are some days that I don't run, and I will occassionally have a shake instead of a bar on those days.

Star~ Loving your resolutions. Mine is to run that Marathon on April 30th. And to cross the finish line with a smile on my face. When that happens I know I will be in the best physical shape of my life, no matter what the nasty scale says. They say when you train for a marathon you gain weight.. I hope to prove them wrong!

Good morning to all you other chicks! Here's to a POP day!!
Meegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:13 AM   #101  
One meal at a time!

This is what was posted by Suzanne 3FC about the book discussion:

Coming Jan 10 -Learn how to lose the weight AND keep it off!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming January 10, 2005! We're putting together a book discussion group to study the revised edition of Thin For Life by Anne Fletcher. From Amazon.com:

Quote:
What a novel idea: if you want to know how to successfully lose weight, study the real experts--the people who have done it! Registered dietician Anne Fletcher did just that. She surveyed 160 "masters" who succeeded in losing at least 20 pounds and keeping the weight off for at least 3 years. This was the minimum; most lost far more weight--an average of 63 pounds--and more than one-third have kept the weight off for a decade or more.

How did they do it? Thin for Life presents their success stories, strategies, motivation, inspiration, and tricks. Most had tried "many times and many ways" to lose weight before discovering what worked for them and how to prevent and recover from relapses. Some techniques worked for many--such as keeping a food diary and increasing exercise. Others were highly individual and will spur you to do your own creative thinking. Fletcher compiles the "10 keys to success" that emerged most often, lets the masters speak for themselves throughout the book, and fills in additional, valuable information and resources. Whether you have 10 pounds to lose or 100, this book will help you do it--safely, effectively, and permanently. Highly recommended.

It's our favorite book in the Maintainers Forum because it focuses on permanent, sustainable weight loss. So grab your copy of Thin For Life - or put it on your holiday wish list - and look for us in the Maintainers Forum in January!

And did you know that everyone's welcome in the Maintainers Forum? Even if you're not anywhere near goal? Maintenance is something that's going to affect every one of us so stop by and check out some great discussions!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #102  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Morning ladies!

I will ask tomorrow when i go in about the carb cravers. Like i said they have never mentioned it to me before but then again i have filled them in on stuff already lol. Well i didnt get to do my exercises last night because i ended up going to a business dinner but i was POP. I had a nice little breakfast here at the office this morning. 1 piece of diet toast with i cant believe its not butter spray, a cheese stick (string cheese) and a mini omelet 1egg made in the microwave i was impressed lol. Very easy to make so im glad that im able to stay on plan this way so simple.

Im glad to see that everyone is doing well.

~Tammy
your little one is so cute. I dont blame you i would stay on the gold plan its what your body is used to and get the luna bars my target has two different flavors by the box and more flavors that you can get individually however get this you can get them cheaper if you get them individually than by the box cause they are 99cents eachand the box is 5.99 for 6 every penny counts right lol.

I have to say that i really enjoy the bars a lot! Now i have missed a bar here and there but it doesnt happen often and it has to be something like im sick or just not hungry for me to miss them. dang! speaking of that i just realized i left my bars at home! Thats not good. Guess i will have to make a quick run to walmart and pick up two bars.

Ok i guess i better run for now ill check back in later.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #103  
191.8/168.2/160

Thanks guys for all the encouragement! I will definately stand my ground and check out the Luna bars.

Does anyone else love the Jet Start as much as I do?
Old 01-04-2005, 11:33 AM   #104  

Karen: Thanks for the info on Thin for Life. Also liked your idea of using a Luna bar in the morning and LA Lites in the evening. Why didn't I think of that? LOL! My sister is trying to get my niece to go to LA - and I will make that suggestion to her as she is short on funds due to her separation and/or pending divorce.

Megs, good luck on the marathon in April. If your anything like me, I cried my eyes out from the excitement and accomplishment when I did the MS 150 bike marathon a couple summers ago. I was smiling inside. LOL!
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:36 AM   #105  
One meal at a time!

Can you refresh my memory on the Jet Start. I can't seem to remember what it is.