Old 01-04-2005, 08:17 AM   #76  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey Chicks,
I told my counselor last week that I wasn't going to buy anymore LA Lites becuase I just couldn't afford them and didn't want to put them on my credit card as I did in the past. She said they would have to put me on another plan.
So, I'm on the Gold Plan now. What plan would be the next one up and how much more protein would that plan have?
I also bought 5 more weeks of WL, becuase I had only 4 weeks left and 14 lbs to get to my goal. At least they were on sale for $5 per week.
I wish they would let you buy the lites on a smaller scale like they do everything else. I am constantly purchasing Jet Start, they keep me from drinking my Starbucks!
Anyway, I'm not happy about being put on another plan. She told me that the WL would be slower. UGHHGHH!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:54 AM   #77  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Tammy...What plan were you on before. I don't think I could do the gold plan without the bars. I would starve to death.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:58 AM   #78  
One meal at a time!

Oh, and about the other thread with the Thin for Life thing. They are starting to read the book and discuss it in the maintainers forum. It will have it's own thread starting January 10th. They just said it was good for weight loss. I'm not sure what it's all about. I think it was Fiona who first mentioned it.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:06 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

The Book Club in the Maintainers forum is going to be a discussion about a book on maintainance. Basically the book is by an author who interviewed a ton of people who have lost at least 20 pounds *I think* and have kept it off for at least a few years or more.
The goal of the book discussion is to find out what things the people have done to KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF after making goal-and not end up gaining it back a year or two later.
You can get the info on the thread about it at the top of the General Diet Plans forum-and order the book at Amazon.com.
I think they are going to read a chapter a week-and discuss each chapter.
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:16 AM   #80  
One meal at a time!

Is there anyone else not doing the bars. I would just like to know what plan they have you on. Wouldn't it have to be one with more food?
Old 01-04-2005, 09:20 AM   #81  

It should be by all means-or you are going to be starving. I mean that is over 300 calories a day missed! Go buy Luna bars-they are cheaper than LA Lites-and I think the Lunas taste pretty good-especially the Peppermint Stick ones-they taste like Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:26 AM   #82  
191.8/168.2/160

I told my counselor that I would buy Luna Bars and she said that becuase I am not "listed" as buying Lites, that I would be moved to another plan.

I am still on the Gold Plan. She hasn't moved me yet, as I have 2 more boxes left.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:34 AM   #83  

Tammy - The next plan up from Gold is Blue - it is 1/2 more protein and 1 more starch.

Hi All you chicks!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #84  

Kristi,

I just looked in the Restaurant Guide in the LAWL plan. I remembered seeing Olive Garden listed in there. There are 4 menu items on the list:

Chicken Ceasar Salad - 2 veg, 1 protein
Garden Fresh Salad - 2 veg, 1 starch
Grilled Salmon with roasted veg - 2 veg, 1 protein
Minestrone Soup (8 oz portion) - 1/2 protein, 1 starch

I'm on the Blue Plan - not sure if the selections are different between the plans. I hope this helps if you go to Olive Garden tonight.
lisalutzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #85  
191.8/168.2/160

See, I don't need the extra starch! That would just mean trouble for me. I may have to just buy the Luna bars and "fib" on my diary!
Old 01-04-2005, 09:48 AM   #86  

Tammy - I would guess that if you were on gold and they were going to move you up, it would be to purple. I think the difference is one more veggie and a larger serving of protein?

I almost gave myself a heart attack this morning! You all know about my scale obsession, so no comments, please, on the fact that I weigh myself twice in the mornings! (lol) Sometimes I can get the scale to drop an extra .4 or so after I move around a little bit but before I eat breakfast. Anyway, when I weighed myself first thing, it said 208 (woo hoo!) then when I weighed again it said 209.2! I stood there on the scale for a whole minute before I realized the problem - I had gotten dressed. DH laughed and laughed at that one.

So anyway, I'm down 1.6 from yesterday (I think I will pass on BL this week too, what with the TO and all). I know the juice isn't magic and a pound and a half a day loss isn't sustainable, but sometimes I wish it was! I would drink this goofy juice every day for the next 43 weeks if it would make me not want to eat the things I'm not supposed to eat! But I suppose we all do at some point, right?

Have a good morning - I have some stapling and folding to do!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #87  

If they want to change your plan because you did not buy Lites from them-tell them you just got a bunch of LA Lites from a cousin who just went off the plan who gave them to you...or that you got some off Ebay-or anything you want. FIB!!!

The reason they are changing your plan if you are not buying LA Lites from them is to KEEP YOU THERE LONGER. They will add more food to your plan to keep you paying for more weeks by slowing your loss. They are going to try to get more money out of you one way or another. That is their goal. They can't "make you" change your plan. You just have to go in with a firm attitude-they are like wolves-they can smell weakness.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #88  

Tams-
Try Target if there is one close. When the bars are about a month from expiry the Target here puts them at clearance prices on an endcap. I have bought luna and balance bars like that. Eating two a day, I get thru them before the expiry and I only spend about $0.50 each. Downside....dont get much flavor choice. hehehehe Variety is the spice of life right??
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:50 AM   #89  

Morning chicks!

I have seen lots of posts referring to Luna bars. I was at a local store over the weekend and saw Luna bars for the first time (I've been looking for them everywhere). Anyway, they were on sale - the sale price was $1.30 per bar. Since I haven't been able to find them anywhere else, I was unable to compare prices and had no idea if that was a good 'sale' or not. I also was not able to find out what the 'regular' price was at that store. At that price, the Luna's cost about the same as I spent when I bought the LA Lites in bulk at the beginning of my plan.

When I started, I bought enough LA Lites to have 2 per day through weight loss and stabilization and then 1 per day through a year of maintenance. The counselors keep trying to get me to buy more so that I can have 2 per day in maintenance. I found it kind of funny. They were having a 'sale' on Lites a few weeks ago - $8/box. They asked if I wanted to buy enough to have 2 per day in maintenance and I said no. They asked why and I told them it was too expensive. The response was, "Well, at $8/box, another 52 boxes would 'only' be $416." Yeah, 'ONLY'...

In any case, I found Knudsen's juice at the same store as the Luna bars. I bought a bottle of the Morning Blend because I remembered reading here that some of you have used that one in place of the LA TO juice. There were a ton of other flavors there, has anyone used any of the other flavors in place of TO juice? There was a BIG difference in price on the juice $3 for Knudsen's compared to the $15 I paid for the LA juice (and I think that might have been a 'sale' price)!
lisalutzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:55 AM   #90  

Tammy - Is that the baby in your old picture? What a cutie he is....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote