Old 02-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Nicole- Congrats on the grandbaby. I know its not great timing with your daughter being so young, but God doesnt make mistakes. Theres a reason this baby is supposed to be here. All I can say is that baby is gonna have one sexy grandma!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #17  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Well, I am glad to see that everyone is not feeling too guilty about the SB cheats! At least you all had fun! I too was glad to se the Giants win last night! I wasnt really rooting for anyone at first, but after the Samuels guy made the arrogant gesture after blocking that (would have been) touchdown pass, I jumped on the NY bandwagon.

I was good, believe it or not! I factored in a few tortilla chips and salsa, but that was the furtherest I went off plan yesterday. YAY!

Valentines day is a week and a half away, What is everyone planning on doing?
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #18  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning my buddies!!

Well, I guess I did things backwards from everyone else. I really messed up last week, then did really well over the weekend. We stayed home to watch the game and had a good OP dinner. DH did BBQ chicken on the grill...yummm.

Because of my slip up during the week, at WI this morning I'm just spinning my wheels...no loss, but no gain.

I need some advice from the color plan gurus. When I was going to a COD three years ago I was on Gold w/lites. Now that I'm doing this on my own and don't want to do the lites I put myself on Purple w/no lites. Is this the right plan for me??

Have a great POP day!
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #19  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all,

I had 4 birthday parties to attend this weekend. I did great at all of them. It was making the cake for my niece that I messed up on. You know that icing and fresh cake taste great. I only had a couple bites. It was just to tempting after cutting off the cake to level it out and then having extra icing. I am the only person that I know that tries to lose weight while making and decorating everybody's cakes. Oh well, I too am on a strict diet this week. I really want to make my Valentine's goal.

I went to WI this morning and was down 3/4 of a lb from Friday. So, not to bad. Well, my DS has a play date so I better go.

Nicole- I don't think I have told you yet, CONGRATULATIONS on the grandbaby. Your daughter is very lucky to have you support her. And as has been said here before GOD doesn't make mistakes.

Everyone stay POP.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:52 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Paula, Yes I think Purple would be the plan for you if you want to skip the lites.

Dan, Sorry about the fender bender. Actually when you think about it, we are all lucky it does not happen more often.

To all those who like me had a bad weekend, well today is a new day and we'll just get right back with the program. I did have some birthday cake, and also I had some wine (more than I should have). Yesterday I was not too bad, but we did a 90 minute spin class, and I ate a bit extra...

I better run to the meeting (the one I call the super boring monday meeting)
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #21  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Paula- I am still on red w/ no lites, and still was even in the 160's.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #22  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Barbara- How was the company party?

Dionne- Sounds like to did pretty darn good considering.

Kimberly- I don't know about Valentines day. We always go to Jackpot, NV for a couple of days over Presidents Day weekend, so Valentines day gets kind of thrown over.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Dionne i decorate cakes sometimes too. When i did the diet the 1st time around i was taking decorating classes and i made cakes every single week. I dont kow how i lost 40lbs. LOL. It is very hard to resist the part you cut off from leveling, thats the best part to me. How long have you been decorating? I dont do it too often now, no time.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #24  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

thank you all for your kind words about Grandbaby and DD

Dan........I have to admit, I chuckled a teensy tiny bit when I read about your fender bender. DH says I'm sick like that.......but I guess I just choose to laugh instead of cry It does suck though........new cars are like accident magnets......

you guys are KILLING me with the cake talk. maybe some of you don't know it yet, but I LOVE CAKE..... I, too, used to decorate cakes. I rarely do now, and that is partly cuz I don't live by my mama anymore. We were kind of a team with cake deco. She is much neater than I am......and I am more daring than she is.......so we made some awesome cakes together. Good times, good times.

Kristen..........where are you dear?

Paula.....I agree, purple w/o lites........however, if you have a hard time with that, I would switch to red w/o lites like Katie mentioned. Not doing lites can be a tough change, and they are quite a few more calories than one veggie and a half of a protein, or whatever the difference is between gold and purple.

ok, have to run.........sorry I didn't get to everyone......scatter brained today
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #25  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

I took classes also last year when I was trying to lose weight by myself. I lost 30 lbs not sure how either. However, it found me again later. HAHA. The cakes every week were torture. My husband would take them to work every week to get them out of the house. His co workers didn't like it when my class ended. I have been decorating for years. My first class was last year. I would just mess around with the decorating part. I want to go back and take the classes for fondant classes. I hope to do that soon.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #26  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Dionne......do you think fondant tastes good? We pride our pretty cakes on their fab flavor Also, do you ever watch Ace of Cakes?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #27  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Being you all are talking about cakes, I have a non-diet related question. For my DD’s first b-day I want to try to make a red velvet cake, her b-day is on Valentine’s Day so I thought it would be fitting, but do any of you have a good recipe for this? I’ve been searching the internet and reading tons of reviews, but I can’t decide on one to try. I’m planning on experimenting this coming weekend but I thought that maybe some of you “professional” cake bakers have some advice or a recipe. If not, that's okay, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Nicole - sorry about all the cake talk. i'm going to start craving some soon. Sounds like you and your mama made some pretty cakes. I never dared to try the premade fondant but marshmellow fondant is yummy, i made it at home. I'm not good at working with fondant tho.

Dionne - I also wanted to go back and do the fondant class but with the little men around i have no time especially since my youngest is attached to me (literally). I always sent the cakes with DH to work so i wasnt tempted and now they asked for cake at every occasion. They love my cakes, or maybe they just love free cakes

Dawn i'll do a search and see what i can find for you on the red velvet.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Katie, The company party was very nice. It was a dinner where they just plunk the food down in front of you, so I didn't do as well as I would have hoped. The salad came swimming in dressing already. They put the dessert in front of me, and I ate it. I felt that I looked great though. They had pictures from company events from years and years, and oh my... I was so fat before. I was shocked at old pictures of myself.

Dawn, First birthdays are so much fun. I've never made red velvet cake, so I am not much help there. I made my daughter a very small cake all for her for her first birthday. I think it may have been maybe 5 inches across. Of course she got more on her than in her. My DD turns 19 on Wednesday. Time flies.

I don't think I could take cake decorating class and actually lose weight! You guys have more self discipline than me.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Dan - this one is for you....... This weekend my teenagers had a scavenger hunt with their church group. They broke up into teams and had to find the things on their lists. Then they had to take pictures of them and get back to the church. Things like ... get someone to sing the Oscar Meyer weiner song....a picket fence...... a church member wearing overalls and a hat... but no shoes pushing a wheel barrow with all the teens in it..... well the team with my kids stopped by the house and since my husband wasn't home I got to be the one in overalls, etc. after that picture they needed one of them all in a tree. We have 12 acres of woods so that was not a problem either. so they headed to our valley to one of the better climbing trees..... well their youth leader said, "Amber.... why don't you drive my truck down there." that would be my 15 y/o DD...... I thought.... hmmmm that doesnt' sound like a good idea... but said nothing. well she ended up side swiping a tree, giving his newer pick up a nice big dent and removing the side mirror. He was very nice about it and told her not to be upset. She told him she would pay for it and he said, no, no,no don't worry..... But now I am wondering what is my responsibility..... I was back in the house when it happened. and didn't even hear about it until they had left, finished their hunt and had come back home....... so I never even spoke to their leader. I dont' have the money to fix it. and he should not have had an unlicensed teen drive his truck......... grrrrr. I wanted my husband to handle it, call the guy and talk with him...... but he was just mad that the guy let her drive his truck anyway.

I didn't enjoy work today. and am really wondering why I am working instead of being at home and doing the things I need to do there....... I need to just hold on til summer, then I will have 3 months off. maybe I will be ready to go back in the fall.

there is a girl at our church that is pregnant, and is already looking for someone to watch her baby when she has it. I thought that might be fun. but I don't know.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote