Old 02-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #76  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning! Either I'm early or the rest of you are dragging this am....or maybe just very busy

Liz - I for one can't wait until spring/summer when the melons are fresh again and we have a better variety of fruits to choose from. I'm pretty sick of apples, oranges, and bananas myself

Dionne - That is awesome to get Fat Tuesday off, Think I'll move to Alabama

Barbara - I'm not Catholic so when I read your post about fasting it took me a minute to realize the reason. So are you fasting? Do you give up juices and things as well? It would be hard to learn those new rituals when you didn't grow up with them.

Katie - Hope your busy day went okay! More than 1 child means an insane day for me. How many did you have?

Jill - So your COD suggested you go back to your diary and find a week that you lost a lot and follow those meal plans? Interesting, maybe that is what I need to do.

Cindy - At least they were grapes, could have been a huge bag of chips!

Debbie - Congrats on the loss!

Roberta - Jump right in! THe more the merrier

Tuesday - You crack me up!

Hi AmyLou, Nicole, Lettie, Dan, and anyone else out there that I'm missing. Hey were are Joni and Lynn?

As for me the scale started inching back down but I'm still battling the onslaught of TOM. I've not been doing great with my water either so that is my big goal for today! DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops, for to say that I hope you are feeling better Tina!

Last edited by Katy66; 02-06-2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Tina
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #77  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone!! Just a quick check in to let you all know that I'm still around. Been terribly busy at work - what's up with that? Don't they know I need to be on this site daily? Anyway, will check back in later after the boss leaves and I have more time to chat. Stay POP today!! And welcome to all the newbies to this thread.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Happy Hump Day everybody!!!

Day 2 of TO for me and so far so good. I survived yesterday without even feeling too awfully hungry.

Kimberly!! Congrats on the 30 pounds chickie, thats awesome!

Cindy- A whole bag of grapes? Ack, that would make my tummy hurt but as Katy said, at least it wasn’t a whole bag of Cheetos! LOL

Lettie- I work at one of our local high school and let me tell ya, we all count down the days until we have a break. I LOVE having the summer off. The school system is the only place I’ve worked since I had kids. Perfect schedule, when they had a day off, I had a day off. Hang in there!!

Cindy-hang tough chickie!!!

Tuesday-Remember, its not a number that makes you healthy!

Barbara-Wheres pics of you in your smoking hot dress?

Dan- The snow always skips us too, I’m in East TN, right in the valley of the Cumberland Mountains and the Smokeys so the snow tends to hop over us. I would love to have just one good snow to get out and play in! It was 73 here yesterday!

Roberta and Jill-Glad you found out where all the craziness on the site happens! LOL

Tina-Send snow our way please!!!!!

Hi Katie and Katy and Nicole, Cecilia, Dawn(Red velvet cake, yummm), Liz, Liza, Dionne, Jillian, Amy, Debbie, Paula, Tuesday, Jill, Laurie…..WHEW that was quite a list! LOL
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #79  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning everyone!

I'm going to get a workout in ( I neglected to do that yesterday...)

But wanted to send you all POP wishes.

If you are lurking and haven't posted in a while please say hi! There are a lot of faces I miss
ahem,
Lynn
Michelle
Angie
Carrie????
Shannon
Kristen!!
TINA (emmy's mommy)
Joni??

Where ya all been??

Laurie, Tina, Katy, Kim- so good to see you this morning!

Hi Cindy, KimPolar, Kimberly R, and everyone out there!

Tina-hope you feel better soon! I wish I could experience a snow day!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #80  

Height: 5'7"

TONS of snow here. I can't believe they made us come to work. I had a foot of snow on my car this morning and I got stuck in the Starbucks parking lot.

I had the craziest dreams last night. I know that drug addicts sometimes have dream when they are detoxing called "user dreams". It's a dream where they can see themselves using drugs and then they wake up and it feels like they used. It's a total brain trick.

Anyway, I totally had one last night. I dreamt that someone had brought these beautiful, pink iced Valentine's Day sugar cookies to my house and I ate all of them. In my dream they were huge, the biggest cookies ever! I woke up feeling guilty until I got my bearings together and realized that it was just a dream and I didn't actually cheat on my diet.

Isn't that nuts??? Shows how psychological this whole food thing really is.

Been POP all week. Walked on the treadmill last night for 21 minutes. For some reason it almost killed me. It was a lot harder than it has been lately. My knee was cracking (I had ACL reconstructive surgery last year) and my back started to hurt about 5 minutes in. It kind of sucked actually, but I'm glad I stuck it out.

Parades?? Mardi Gras?? That sounds awesome. All of the floats would get stuck in the snow here!!! Have I mentioned that I can’t wait for Florida?

Debbie – that is so funny that you asked “what have you done today to make you feel proud”. I had that song in my head all last night from TBL. It is so inspiring. Does anyone know who sings it? OMG! I wonder if that’s what triggered my crazy dream…….the chocolate candy eating challenge. I haven’t watched the ending yet so don’t give it away!!

Amy - your new picture is HOT! Lookin’ good girl! I can relate to the senioritis. I almost jumped out a widow my last semester of business school. It’s a killer. I think I read somewhere on here that you are in law school?

Katy - that’s what my COD suggested. I’m doing pretty well so far. But my kitchen stinks like fish since that’s what has been for dinner the last two nights. Was looking forward to WI today, but with all the snow I don’t know if I’m going to make it over there. It was hard enough getting to work.

Wow…….that was really long. I type really fast and apparently have a lot to say today!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #81  
Katy66

Hi Jill, Amy, Kim and Laurie.....
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #82  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. i have today and tomorrow off, but then i have to work fri night, sat and sunday. oh well. it's nice to have a break during the week.
not much going on here with me. been working out (pilates, elliptical, weights) and alternating the workouts during the week. been trying to get all my food in, but still not really feeling it that much. but at least i'm trying.

not much else happening. hope everyone is having a good week.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Jill - OMG i dreamt of chocolates lastnight also. I dreamt that i ate a 2 piece kit kat then had another 2 piece in my mouth when i stopped to think "what the **** am i doing eating chocolates" but as horrible as it is i still ate it. LOL thank goodness it was a dream. Thats funny, i wonder now if that song triggers chocolate fantasies. LOL.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #84  

I've made a discovery, when you gain weight after a Tummy tuck your tummy stays nice and flat (which is a good thing) but the weight sticks to other places! LOL I've gained 5 pounds and no its not water, I wish. It seems to have settled in my upper abs ugh!! Soo 2 days of TO then my butt is going to be POP even if it kills me. I will NOT gain this weight back especially right before bathing suit time rolls around again! LOL
Old 02-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #85  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

hello everyone did anyone have any damage from all of the storms last night? this has been such an odd winter. a few days ago it was 75 degrees here.....and then, snow.....then freezing rain.......you just never know what you might get around here. i have heard that my hometown in Wisconsin is supposed to get hammered with snow.

anyway.....i am going to do my taxes today, so i may or may not be here much........ we'll see........

have a great day everyone
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #86  

Hi Nicole!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #87  
Blue w/lites - No COD

S/C/G: 208/157/150

Good morning everyone!

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks, but I've been lurking. I guess I'm feeling guilty about the 4-5 pounds I've put on & can't seem to take off. I've just been down in the dumps lately & I can't pull myself out of it. I guess it's the winter blues. I've got to get on the ball, I go on my cruise in 17 days.

Kim - You & I are the same height & right around the same weight right now. I haven't changed my ticker but I've been yoyoing around 161 the last couple of weeks. I can't seem to get below 157 & it's making me crazy. I look at other people around my height & taller and they can get down lower. I know it all depends on body type & age, but it makes me wonder why I struggle & can't be happy at the size I am now. Maybe a tummy tuck would make me feel better. hehe

Jill & Debbie - Funny dreams! I guess you dream about your addictions, huh? I guess I would be dreaming about chips & salsa. That temptation on TBL was too funny!

Amy - I like your new picture.

Roberta - I felt the same way about posting here. In a way, I guess I still do. Everyone seems to know each other so well & it feels like I'm butting in.

Hi Katy, Nicole, Jillian, Laurie & Tina.

You guys always do such a great job with personals. What do you do - go through & make a list of everything that you want to address?

I hope everyone has a POP day.
okie in il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #88  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Oh, guys, I'm just so bummed. DH shipped out Monday to Alabama to work storm claims from last week. We were told that he would be there for 2-3 weeks. Then last night, the same area was hammered with storms. A tornado actually touched down a half-mile from his hotel last night! So now, I don't know how long he'll be away - could be up to 6 weeks at a stretch.

I didn't sleep well last night. Around 10:30, our area got hit with high winds and rain and I didn't want to go to sleep until it had passed. Then DD coughed all night - deep, awful-sounding coughing. I'm pretty sure it's allergies, so I started her back on her alergy meds this morning. Then, DS's teacher brought him to my class about an hour ago to tell me that he doesn't feel well, so he's on the couch in my classroom, sleeping. He doesn't have fever, but he's very pale and says his tummy hurts. Just what I need when DH is away - two sick kids!

The inspection on our old house is this morning. I hope that goes well.

I accidentally left my lunch at home this morning, so I'm starving! What a day!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #89  

Awww Felicia, hang in there honey!!!

Becky-I got down to 157, then started creeping up a little and it doesnt seem to want to come back off and its frustrating!! My tummy tuck was one of the most amazing things I've ever done. I hated the way my stomach looked so bad that I dont think I could ever lost enough weight to be happy. DH promised that when I lost the weight he would pay for it so I said time to pay up dude! LOL
NEVER be afraid to post on here. The way to get to know people is to just jump right in...OFTEN! Nothing is usually off limits around here! LOL Just have fun getting to know everybody!

Personals, I dont always do them, in fact I rarely do them. When I do, I open a WORD document and reply to people as I read through posts then just copy and paste to the forum. Sure makes things easier than trying to remember what all you read.

Last edited by MomOfThreeTeens; 02-06-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Katy, Well, I think the "fasting" is not really so super strict for Catholics, as they allow "meager meals", but since we are going out for a big dinner tonight, I'm just kind of ignoring the fact that it is ash wednesday. I have been to Mass on Ash Wednesday every year since I converted though, so I feel a little bad about it. I decided that my DD birthday is more important to me today. Which means that I will have to really stick to the no meat on Fridays this year. I think I will give up alcohol for Lent too... Last time I did that I totally drank a whole bottle of wine on Holy Thursday though... as that is the official end of lent. Good Friday that year was not so good really...
I figure eating more fish and not drinking will help me tip the scale back down a bit, and I can guilt my DH into doing that with me... LOL.

Amy, I'm glad that you are not too stressed out. So you are done with Law school soon? I recall having senioritis really bad at the end of engineering school. When it looked like I was going to make it. There was about a 3% graduation rate, so 97% of the people who started flunked out (most moved to other majors and did fine). I recall sitting in a room at the beginning and there were 30 people in there starting the program, and they said, the odds are that only one of you will make it. Look around and decide if you think it will be you. So anyway, I was so relieved to make it through, it was hard to keep focused at the end.

Kim, Great to have you back, and focused again. Heres to getting back to goal weight. We can do it. I need to get brave and get back on the scale... but I keep putting it off... I'm pretty sure it is going to be bad...

Debbie, At the end of the 90 minute spin on Sunday (90 minutes is a long long time to be pushed so hard) the instructor played the TBL theme song. I about cried as I was proud of myself for doing it. So all week I've had that song stuck in my head.

Nicole, I put off doing the taxes until late... but then again, I'm almost 100% sure that I will be writing a check and not receiving one, so it is easy to say, later.. We got an accountant for the first time last year to do our taxes, but then he just didn't get my DD's taxes even filed, and we didn't find out for months later. She was so upset. So I bought the turbo tax this year and will tackle it. Last year we had a lot of complex things. This year I think it will be relatively simple.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote