Katie

Height: 5'1

Ooooh, Lettie it would be fun!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #33  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Katie I just wanted to say that I finally logged in and looked at your progress pics today! You look great! I just wanted to let you the results are awesome! Keep it up!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #34  
Katie

Thanks Cecilia!

Lynn- Come out come out wherever you are!

Nicole- Yes, nuts indeed!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #35  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Debbie – thanks for the recipes. The first one you sent me is similar to the one I have and the one I think I’m going to try and make. I’m also making a carrot cake, which is my absolute favorite, but I thought the Red Velvet would look great.

Nicole – I don’t think I ever congratulated you on your future granddaughter. Like everyone else posted, God has a plan, he knows what he’s doing, you and your family just have to have faith in what’s ahead. I’m sure you’ll make a great grandmother and it will probably strengthen the bond between you and your daughter that much more. Congratulations once again!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #36  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambejaly5 View Post
Dan - this one is for you....... This weekend my teenagers had a scavenger hunt with their church group. They broke up into teams and had to find the things on their lists. Then they had to take pictures of them and get back to the church. Things like ... get someone to sing the Oscar Meyer weiner song....a picket fence...... a church member wearing overalls and a hat... but no shoes pushing a wheel barrow with all the teens in it..... well the team with my kids stopped by the house and since my husband wasn't home I got to be the one in overalls, etc. after that picture they needed one of them all in a tree. We have 12 acres of woods so that was not a problem either. so they headed to our valley to one of the better climbing trees..... well their youth leader said, "Amber.... why don't you drive my truck down there." that would be my 15 y/o DD...... I thought.... hmmmm that doesnt' sound like a good idea... but said nothing. well she ended up side swiping a tree, giving his newer pick up a nice big dent and removing the side mirror. He was very nice about it and told her not to be upset. She told him she would pay for it and he said, no, no,no don't worry..... But now I am wondering what is my responsibility..... I was back in the house when it happened. and didn't even hear about it until they had left, finished their hunt and had come back home....... so I never even spoke to their leader. I dont' have the money to fix it. and he should not have had an unlicensed teen drive his truck......... grrrrr. I wanted my husband to handle it, call the guy and talk with him...... but he was just mad that the guy let her drive his truck anyway.
Well, that's "youth leaders" for you.. Heart's in the right place, even if the brain isn't..

Seriously though.. I'm so glad she wasn't hurt.. Not being a lawyer, I can only tell you what I think.. As far as responsibility on your part.. NADA... HE let her drive it. HE knew she is only 15 and thus, not legal to drive. The fact that she offered to pay for it may come up at somepoint, but I think your DH needs to have a talk to him or the pastor. Letting a 15 year old drive a truck like that shows a lack of responsibility. Of course, that's the parent in me talking.. Had this been me when I was a kid in my church's youth group, I would have jumped at the chance to drive...

Yeah.. Where's Lynn??
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Lettie, Your 15 yo DD could not possibly have any idea how much something like that is likely to cost. So her offer to pay for it, well she just didn't even really know what she was offering, since really she is only 15. He said to not worry about it, so put it in God's hands. I have trouble with that sometimes, as I put it in God's hands, but then take it back out to worry about it some more. I hope your job gets better. I have to focus on enjoying the people that I like and try to avoid being annoyed by those who seem to be put on earth to teach the rest of us patience and humility.

Katie, 20 kids!!!!! oh my. I know not all full time, but 12 at a time is a lot too. Is that counting your own children too? Wow... I was overwhelmed staying at home with just my one child when she was young, so I just can't imagine.

Lynn, come back... We need your discipline to keep us in line. We need you to make us "be real" with ourselves. Since I'm so very good at denial when it comes to food intake.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #38  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Katie........I have to share a very quick story with you, back from when I did home daycare. I was certified by my county, not lisenced, so I could only have 6 kids.....which was plenty for me........anyway...........one day, I was checking my e-mail during business hours, and my 2 yr (at the time) DD gave herself and two of her friends super short haircuts!!!! I was right there......and she was that quick. . I was sooooooo embarrased. After DD having butch bangs for almost 2 full years, I realized that she cut her hair, and everyone elses she could get her hands on, cuz she hated the way hair felt on her forehead. To this day, she will not wear bangs..........luckily I have talked her into growing them out instead of scalping herself in front.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #39  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Nicole- I have not ever tasted fondant. I just think that the cakes are really pretty.

Dawn- I have never baked a red velvet cake so I am no help. Sorry.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #40  
Katie

Oh, I had a 3 little girls do that a few years ago, my younger DD included. It was a terrible day, that is for sure.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #41  
Katie

Barbara- I would have eaten the dessert too, LOL. That is not including my kids, however my school kids don't get home until 5:00 and most of my daycare kids are gone by then.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:26 PM   #42  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Ok, LAWL needs to come out with a red velvet or carrot cake bar now... mmmmm! I made a HUGE red velvet cake for my daughter's sweet 16 last September. It tasted yummy but spreading the icing was a little messy as the pretty white cream cheese ended up smeared with red.

So I went to COD today for my WI and didn't expect to see any loss. I was just hoping to not have a gain because I was for the most part very careful with my food over the weekend.. but I didn't get any exercise in. I was down 1.8!!!!

And more on the good news front. I woke up in the middle of the night to an extra warm lump on my bed against my back. I turned around to find Oliver purring away all snuggled up against me! That's a big change from hiding and hissing when I try to touch him! He even followed Mini-Me around this morning meowing and purring at her just like he did before this paw incident. Yay!

Ok, back to work. Stay POP everyone!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:43 PM   #43  
Katie

Great job on the loss Liza! Also, wonderful news about Oliver!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #44  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

liza--so glad that kitty is starting to get better.

not much to report for me today. just got home from work. snowed here today..ick.
gotta work at 5am tomorrow, then off for 2 days then work the rest of the weekend. gotta find some time to go to COD in there somewhere. not really feeling going there much anymore, since i'm doing just fine holding myself accountable...thinking about ditching them, but not sure. i only use them to get a journal when i need a new one..that's about it. still undecided about that, but we'll see. it's just so far out of my way all the time and only a quick 2min visit. any thoughts?

ok, gonna go for today. hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. i'm off at 11am and i'm going to do some pilates, start a new book and rest after that.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, How many more weight loss weeks do you have left? I seem to remember that you bought some more not long before you decided that you were moving. It seems a shame to not go when you paid for it.

Liza, Good loss. Must be all those short stints exercising starting to make a difference finally, or your body finally adjusting to the new plan. Glad Oscar is acting more his old self.

Katie, Thanks, it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who can not be trusted to sit in front of that chocolate truffle cake drizzled with raspberry sauce(I just went and looked at their menu to see what that irresistable thing was). I guess that is the difference with day care kids, you get to send them home.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote