Old 02-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #151  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang..

Believe it or not, the little place they have me staying in actually has internet access, so I thought I'd drop in to say hi..

WOW.. You can't believe the snow here.. I guess if you were standing in the middle of a field, you might have had 3 feet fall around you.. But in the residential areas. there are drifts 10 feet tall in some areas.. They are literally having to dig paths down streets just to get cars through.. It's amazing here. If I was a kid, I'd be having SO much fun..

I know this may not sound like a big deal to some of you, especially if you live in Canada, but this is quite a strange situation for us here in New Mexico.. Even though Chama usually gets quite a bit of snow, they never get this much at once!

Gotta get some work done, so I'll talk to you all later... Trying to stay POP, but the only thing they had for dinner here that was on plan was the green beans.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:18 AM   #152  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Liza- oh yeah... that is MUCH better! i usually WI in the morning so that works. i'm so nervous to meet you! hahaha!

okay... i had quite a nice day today. i'm pretty sure i got in all of my food... still no exercise, but i was active. i work at an afterschool program for crying out loud... i get payed to run around and play! i'm so happy it's friday, though. (well... almost!) LOST is on! ahhhhhhhh!!!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Well, I made my goal for Vday.
I would reward myself with a treat but I already did yesterday when I had a Costco berry sundae for lunch. Actually, I had eaten my lunch by 11:15, had my afternoon snack by 1 and the sundae was just dessert. By 5PM I had just one protein left and a big sulk. I ate some peanut butter had some light popcorn and went to bed early.
Guess you could say yesterday was stressful. I apparently failed my first ever mammogram and had to go in for an ultrasound. Intellectually I knew there would be no problems but for some reason I could not breath. In classic response I started searching for something to put in my mouth. Damn, other people exercise I have to eat!
The technician said I had a cyst that caused a shadow. The doctor will get back to me but she thought it was a "clean" right boob (that is my favorite one).
Sorry for sharing I just needed to get this out of my system. T
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #154  
Katie

Height: 5'1

As opposed to a filthy right boob? I'm sure that everything is fine.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning

Nothing new here, OP as always. I'm glad its friday, i've been sooo tired lately that i cant wait to get to bed at night but that could be because i dont ever get to sleep before 11:30pm & i wake up multiple times at night. Oh well.

Tuesday - Congrats on reaching your v-day goal. WTG on 5lbs to go. sounds like the u/s went well. Hopefully the doc will call with good news.

Hope everyone has a POP day!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #156  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone,

I am going to weigh in later this morning. I am hoping to see the 175 mark. My scale here at home says I made it. I had a horrible afternoon yesterday. I had to go get my DS from school because he was sick and take him to the doctor. He is really congested and the doctor gave him an antibiotic and decongestant. The pharmacy took forever. When I got home I ran over one of my cats. I didn't even know that I had hit him until about 15 minutes after I got home. It is a good thing that I had a chocolate lite. After I found him, I wanted chocolate really bad and just wanted to eat. I just ate my lite and drank water. I am definitely an emotional eater. We have about 7 cats but he was one of my favorites. Another thing that made it worse was my hubby wasn't even here. I had to pick him up at the airport at 9:30 last night. So, I had to wait to get him buried.

I hope that today is a better day. Well, I guess that I have spread enough bad news today. I will try to post my WI weight later.

Stay POP.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #157  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey Debbie,

We must have been posting at the same time. I feel your pain on being tired. I too never get in bed before 11:30 and my 21 month old usually gets me up not long after I have fell asleep. When she wakes me up now, I have just given up on sitting up with her and trying to get her to sleep in her bed. I am usually so tired that I just put her in our bed. Let me tell you that doesn't make for a good nights sleep either. As you know, you will get to get sleep again at some point in your life. I just keep telling myself that it won't be this way forever. It makes me reconsider having a third child sometimes.

Continue to stay POP.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #158  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I am back at work today. I went and WI this morning at COD. Our tax refund came in yesterday, and COD was having an Open house, so I caved and bought 5 weeks of lites... So that dropped me to Plan 3. I got a good deal @ $10 per box. If I decide to stay with the lites in 5 weeks, I will go to a cheaper alternative, Pria or Luna.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #159  
Katie

Oh, Dionne, so sorry about your kitty. I know how much it hurts to lose them.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #160  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning all!

I'm off to work but hope you all have a POP day and more importantly a POP weekend! We have our formal "ball" on Sat for my school. I'm planning on staying POP-I just really can't handle another off weekend. It should be fun nonetheless! I"m excited to get dressed up and go dancin!

Dan-glad you are able to check in-stay safe up there!

Michelle-SO good to see you! Hope you don't get any sickness from the kiddies.

Felicia-hope you are handling single motherhood ok for the time being. SOunds rough! I'll be thinking about ya.

Dionne- so sorry to hear about kitty. I would have been a wreck!!!

Tues-sorry to hear about your stress. I hope you get a clean boob report soon!! No turning to food!! You will be just fine!

Kimberly-I think you will enjoy having the lites as an easy sweet treat!

Hi Barbara!
Hi Nicole!
Hi Katie!

ok-off to work (yuck)!!

POP DAY!!! POP WEEKEND!!

Last edited by amylou7777; 02-08-2008 at 11:19 AM.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #161  
Katie

Hey Amy! We are gonna want to see pictures of you all dressed up, got it?

Have any of you seen the movie "Across the Universe"? We saw it at the theater and loved it. It came out on DVD this week, so we are having a little party tonight to watch with some friends. If you are a Beetles fan, you will LOVE this movie! I have been rocking out to the soundtrack for months now.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #162  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all J

Debbie……..I know what you mean about not wanting to screw up BF by offering a bottle. Some kids do just fine with both……others, not so much. I had to laugh about your line on forcing your youngest to be born. I think that is some personality type in itself. My youngest DS was the same way……and he was super fussy……..and oh so manipulative in his sweet innocent baby ways. He is just a sweetie now. With all but one of my kids, I went straight from the breast to the cup. It is sooo nice to not have to deal with the bottle dilemma. I started offering a cup to my kids at about age 5 to 6 months. I offered them both a sippy and a regular cup. It is messy to let them learn to sip from a regular cup that young, but it you use water and a bib, it is not too bad. It is super nice when you are out somewhere and they are thirsty, and you cannot locate their, “special,” cup. Also……..going from 3 to 4 kids was no big deal for me. The way I look at it, once you have three kids, you are already outnumbered……. But, my kids are spaced out a bit different than yours are……..so it is really hard to say. I did have daycare kids years ago that were all around the same ages…….and that was difficult, but manageable……….however…….they all went home at 5:00. So…….I wish I had a more definitive answer for you………but I have a feeling you can handle it J Do you have any babysitters or family around you?

How did WI go Dionne?

Oh, Katie……..how I love Mexican food…….

Laurie….did you manage to stay OP yesterday?

Hi Michie and Kelly,….good to see you!!!

Yes, Barbara……..I did get my taxes done. Apparently, the state of Missouri thinks we are rich . This is the first year EVER that we have had to pay the state. DH did make quite a bit more money this year than last though, so I guess I just need to be thankful for that J. There are so many less fortunate that us……….but sometimes that is hard to see when we feel like we are constantly juggling our finances…..

Dawn…….you would be surprised to see how many toddlers are walking up and down the aisles of airplanes, flirting with other passengers. I am sure she will be fine……especially if you can keep your own stress level at bay ( I know that is one of the biggest struggles of motherhood).

Liza………the bunting is just adorable!!!! I am so glad you posted a picture. I will try to find some extra minutes later and post a picture of the sweater/bonnet/bootie set I made for my granddaughter……..HOLY CRAP that seems weird to type…..

Hooray Kim#2………it is so empowering to be back in control, isn’t it? You will be fine this weekend…….just keep remembering that food is for fuel…and how good you feel today!!!!

Grandma Cindy……I have always loved snow…….and I really miss it!!!

Dan……..take a little bit of time…..go buy a sled (if you can find one)…..and be a kid for a little while. Life it too short…….enjoy!!!!

Tuesday……….I do the same damn thing…..stress eat!!! I hope everything is ok……..I know it can be sooooooo scary!!!! Keep us posted…..and don’t apologize for sharing……that is what we are here for J

Debbie……….isn’t it amazing the amount of sleep you can learn to live on when you have babes in the house?

Oh, Dionne……that ia horrible about your cat. I hope today is a better day for you!!! And you my friend, had a total NSV (non scale victory)……you may have eaten out of stress…..but you stayed OP. That deserves on heck of a whoooohoooooo!!!

Kimberly………if lites work well for you……..use them. Don’t feel bad about spending the money on yourself…..YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!! Every stinkin’ penny!!!!!

Amylou……..wanna shoot for a 0.2 lb loss over the weekend with me? When I set myself a weekend goal….I almost always stay OP.

Big hellos to anyone I may have missed. I have three kids (my own) home today as two of them have the day off of school…….so keep your fingers crossed for me that they don’t argue too much J Have a great POP day everyone!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Dionne - Dylan (the baby) sleeps with us in the bed and i'm so glad we got a king size bed. he's moving around so much more now. My oldest slept with us until he was a little over 3yrs old. That wasnt fun while i was preggo with my 2nd because i would always get kicked in the stomach or back. If Dylan wasnt so congested right now i would be trying to get him to nap in his crib so i can transition him but he's not even sleeping much right now so i'll have to wait until he's better. I dont think i'll be getting a full nights sleep for another 2-3 yrs . We're planning to start trying for baby #4 when Dylan turns 1 so its going to be a while. I rather do it now while i'm young because when i get older i'll have way less patience. DH has older boys duties at night so if they wake up he has to go get them back to sleep. I couldnt handle it all on my own. So sorry to hear about your cat. Hope you have a better day today.

Nicole - I think i'm going to straight to sippy with Dylan also, no more bottles. We had the hardest time getting my oldest to drink his milk in a sippy, i think he was about 3 when he finally did it but he was taking juice from the sippy since he was about 6mo just not milk & when we took the bottle away from my 2nd he stopped drinking milk completely. Its been about 5mos since he stopped drinking milk and he lost weight but he's still doing ok. The baby really didnt want to come out. I was 40weeks 5days preggo and he was just being stubborn so i had to be induced which i regret because i think he just wasnt ready and thats the reason he was a very fussy baby. Who knows. I hope he wont be stubborn with everything. LOL. I'm outnumbered in so many ways so we're hoping to change that with baby #4. The only reason we're even having another is because we really want a girl but if it doesnt happen it doesnt happen and that would be it for us. My mom does live close by but she's probably going to move back to NY so then we wont have any family here in FL. Its hard but i manage on my own.

LOL i hope your kiddos dont give you too much trouble today.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #164  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Emily Lashea!!! Where are you?!?!?
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #165  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning everyone. Finally Friday!!! This has been an extremely long week for me. And stressful too. And no, I was not OP yesterday. Am trying today but am struggling. There is a cheesecake in the refrigerator that has been calling to me all morning.

I have been really struggling to keep my head above water lately. When I first started on LAWL in May 2007 I was so diligent about staying OP and not eating anything off plan. I think the first time I went off plan was in October at a b'day party for my grandson. And my weight loss completely stalled in October too. I was at 175 then and am now. Since the COD closed, I just cannot seem to get motivated to eat according to plan. I truly think I am bored and end up looking for any excuse to eat something "different". And calories, salt content, sugar, fat, all the bad stuff be damned. I don't care - I simply eat it. And I've completely stopped exercising. I'm hoping that when we get the eliptical next week that I will again be able to focus on the big picture and get my motivation back. I'm still trying but struggling. I keep sticking around these boards because you all give me a reason to at least attempt to stay OP. If not for you I'm sure I would have gained all my weight back plus some. Enough of my sob story. I just need to put on my big girl panties and get back on track. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

I'll check back in later to do some personals. My head is just not in it right now.

Last edited by chiquita623; 02-08-2008 at 12:50 PM.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote