Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 08:12 AM   #76  

Smile

Thanks for the website! Just yesterday I ate a banana and had no idea how many calories were in it! Thankfully my mom has a nutrition book that has like every food in it, how many grams of suger it has, how many calories, and just about everything else you'd want to know! Bowflex...wow those commercials get annoying. lOl. Yeah, I'm curious if that really works! Yesterday I was only able to drink 30 ounces of water... I was trying to drink the last 34 ounces late last night, but my dad wouldn't let me because I would have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom... Haha. Well, tata for now.
*Laura*

{edit} I just tried that website Autumn suggested for how many calories to intake a day.. it said 1568. That's good, cuz I ate 1468 yesterday. I was hoping I wasn't over my limit. I think I'll drop it to 1500 though. It would be easier for me to remember.

Last edited by ae_chick92; 08-07-2005 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:23 PM   #77  
TreeHugger

Laura-
Good job on the weight loss! Are your parents supportive? I'm sure the running is a major help. It would be easy to put on weight during the summer when you are not excercising. I thought I lost 4 pounds, but it turned out to be about 1 pound of fat and 3 pounds of water, but I think I'm in one of my monthly water retaining cycles so the could be the extra water also. But I have lost a total of 3 1/2 inches! It's a good idea to take your measurments monthly to, because of the water retention issue. Now that your drinking more water, your scale may go up a little, but your not gaining weight!

Van-
Good luck with the bowflex, it better work for that price! I'm sure it does if that Yoga instructor suggested it. I'm going to purchase a tread mill in the next couple of weeks, I'm just not sure how much I want to put into it. I have a membership to the gym right now, but I may not be able to go as often when I start school.

Talk to y'all later!
Old 08-08-2005, 12:37 PM   #78  

Default Exercise Routine...

Yes, they're supportive. I started a new exercise routine. I am doing a Kickboxing Routine I found in a magazine + 20 pushups, 50 situps, & 50 jumping jacks. Hopefully this will help. I'll take my measurements today and check again in a little while. Good idea!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #79  
TreeHugger

You will lose verry fast if you do all this plus run in PE. You are burning so many calories and your age helps to. When you get older your metabolism slows dow. But you probably already know that, your parents sound like they are health concious! Keep up the good work and give your muscles 1 day to rest.

Talk to you soon!
Old 08-08-2005, 02:08 PM   #80  

I hope I lose fast! I am trying to lose 43 pounds by Christmas! Talk to ya later!
Old 08-08-2005, 02:46 PM   #81  

Where all do I need to measure....just waist, hips, and thigh? Or something?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #82  
TreeHugger

It is not physically possible to lose more that 1-2 pounds of actual fat per week. It seem slow, but the slower the better. You will keep it off. What's going on for Christmas?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #83  

Nothing really, I just think it would be awesome to be really skinny for the New Year, kinda to turn over a new leaf.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:27 PM   #84  

Smile

Thigh: 23 and a half inches
Chest: 40 inches
Upper Arm: 12 and a half inches
Waist: 40 inches
Hips: 41 inches

My ideal waist: 35.5 inches or below!!!

Last edited by ae_chick92; 08-08-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:23 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 193/193/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone, I have a few years on you guys and believe me it doesn't get any easier. When I was your age I could drop 10 lbs. no problem now, forget about it. If I even look at food I gain. LOL

I know what to eat but exercise is my problem. I joined a gym and would love to try Autumn's dad's workout routine. I carry most of my weight around the middle and up. How many lunges and how many reps? I would also like to post my goals the night before so that I wake up fresh and ready to go. Any takers?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:13 AM   #86  

aerodawn, Welcome! I carry most of my weight on my waist, too. That would be a good idea to post your goals the night b4.

To everyone else: Yesterday I only ate 950 calories, and I didn't realize it until around 11 at night when I was adding up my calories for the day. I was surprised at how little I ate.... Whoops!
Oh and good news!!!!! I woke up this morning and stepped on the scale, and I have lost 2 more pounds!! YAY! I am so proud of myself! Now I am really determined to keep to my diet/exercise. So I currently weigh at 161!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ae_chick92; 08-09-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:51 PM   #87  
Vanessa

Hey Everyone!!

Hey AEChick!!
Its great you are watching your calories but don't let them drop TOO low. You want to lose weight in a healthy way and cutting out too many calories isnt good. If your not hungry and still have a few hundred calories for the day, try to make the meals you do eat higher in calorie content. Like yesterday I ate breakfat, lunch and had a snack and still was left with 900 calories for dinner. So I ate Chicken Alfredo ( which is high in calories) but I didn't go over my 1655. I would say to try to at least consume 1100 at the least. I think Autumn is eating like 1200 which is ok. It just worries me when it drops below 1000. Just want to help you out and make sure you stay healthy!!!!

Everyone: I am sooooooo sick right now. Terrible sore throat and just lethargic. I am going to try and quit smoking ( My throat is so sore I can't even talk.....much less smoke). Now is the best time to do it. Wish me luck!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:52 PM   #88  
Vanessa

Hey Aero Dawn!!!!

WELCOME
!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:31 PM   #89  

Vanessa, yes please don't smoke! OK I don't want to sound rude but did you know that every cigarette you smoke takes off 11 minutes from your life?? You really need to get rid of this habit! I will pray for you!!!! Please stop smoking!!!! Your life depends on it! (literally!!!!) Smoking also causes lung cancer!!! OK sorry if I'm being rude....
Old 08-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #90  
Vanessa

You're not being rude. You are totally right. My boyfriends dad passed away last August from Lung Cancer. We should have quit then. It is really hard though. But I figure it's best to do it now when I'm sick and can't really do it and when I am trying to lose weight.
Closed Thread