Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 01:09 AM   #31  
TreeHugger

I just finnished my workout and I want to scream! I don't like leg-lifts, lunges or situps. I can only do 9 SU, 10 L and 35 LL. It's kind of like food, the stuff that tastes the worst is the best for you.

Today I weighed my self, took my measurements and ppictures of me in my swimsuit. I'm going to do this every month and I want to invite you all to join me so we can track our progress together. Next month when I get my second set of pictures I will start a folder in the pictures section of this forum. I need ideas of what to name it. A name that will be easy for all of us to remember.

Gotta go now, talk to y'all later :P
Old 07-27-2005, 01:13 AM   #32  
TreeHugger

Oh, here is my info:
Hight: 5'4"
Weight: 155 pnds
Chest: 36"
Waist: 34"
Hips: 40 1/2"
Thy: 24" (ideal wais size!)
Upper Arm: 13"

Anyone else brave enough????
Old 07-27-2005, 09:44 AM   #33  
Vanessa

I' ll do it Autumn! I had actually thought of doing that as well. But where on each part of the body do you do measurements? Like at what part of you thigh do you measure? Or waist? I have a polaroid and already have a few pics. I put mine up on my bathroom mirror so everyday I can see then and say "Oh, gotta tone that area" or " Oh, better start working on those arms"!! It really helps!!! But don't forget to bring them down when guests come!!! ( yes.........I forgot once!! I think I looked like a tomato I was so red)
Old 07-27-2005, 10:52 AM   #34  
Me on the Left!! <3

I'll also measure myself when I get home from work today & most likely post it up tomorrow!! Im super scared though!! I have to admit.. as far as taking pictures.. I dont know about that!! ehhh! Maybe next month when im at least 10 pounds lighter.. lol Autumn said that we should stop with the name calling... so im going to shut my mouth & not say another word!!
Todays plan: 5 small meals, 3 hours apart... 30 mins treadmill/30 mins elliptical... some squats, lunges & leglifts.. and dont forget the abs!! Today is going to be a tough day for me! But I gotta get to it!!

Hope all ur days are going great!! Bye!!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:04 AM   #35  
Vanessa

Hi Everyone!!

I totally love the group we have here!! Hopefully we will all be a great support for everyone!!

One thing I have noticed is no one is attempting to drink water. If you are not a 8 glasses a day girl ( like me ) that will help with weight loss too.
I bought a 64 ounce jug and fill it everynight before bed. In the morning I have my cup o' joe and the I CAN NOT have anything else until the water is gone. I do admit I feel more energetic!! And by the time I finish it all.....it's dinner time so I have a glass of milk and bedtime tea and that's it. I have totally cut out soda!!

Just a suggestion girls..........
Old 07-27-2005, 11:16 AM   #36  
Me on the Left!! <3

I was just thinking about that... i have a liter of water here at work.. And i was trying to figure out how many cups are in a liter.. so that i will know how many of these bottles to drink.. I think its like 2 Liters to equal a little more than 8 cups. Im not sure... I could be wrong Water is really good for weight loss!! I used to drink cups & cups of water each day.. and i used to have to go to the restroom every 20-30 mins.. but now we are remodeling the bathrooms in the office.. so I have to walk across the street to use the restroom or go next door to the hotel. And I cant leave the office unoccupied like 16 times a day!! I would get in trouble.. so i try not to drink as much water during the day as I regular would before. At least until we get the bathrooms working again!!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #37  
Vanessa

I'm not sure how many liters there are. I just know it is 8 , 8 oz. glasses a day ( 64 ounces). A lot of stores....WALMART, etc.....sell jugs just for the purpose of drinking 8 glasses a day.

Yeah....your bathroom situation kinda sucks.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:07 PM   #38  
TreeHugger

Good morning girls
Vanessa: I measure the largest area of my upper thy and the largest part of my upper arm (the bye, bye arm area). Thats the area of the arm that waves bye, bye with you! LOL.

All I drink is water. 2 32 oz liters of water is 64 oz (8 glasses). Out here in the desert they tell us to drink a gallon a day! Talk about water retention!

Goal for the day:
3 sets 15 each-
Pully push downs - arms, stomach
Incline press - chest
Barbell raise - sholders
Back Biceps - Back sige of leg and glutes
Lat pull downs - upper back
Reverse curls - biceps and top of lower arm
Lunges
Situps
Leg lifts
Old 07-27-2005, 01:14 PM   #39  

chest-39
waist-38 (3 1/4 less than 1 week ago!)
thighs-23 (1/2 inch less)
hips-41 (1 inch less)

I heart callanetics!!!

I have lost 5lbs to date but I am moe excited about the inches...that means smaller sizes!!!!

everyone kutg
Old 07-27-2005, 10:00 PM   #40  
Vanessa

I'm going ot the store tomorrow to get a measure thing ( i don't what they are called )

Oh, I went to the gym today and worked on the eliptical machine for 30 minutes. I didn't do any weight lifting because I went to a differnt gym then I normally do and there were way to many people in there. So I came home and did pilates instead.

Oh.....I lost a pound too!! WOO HOO!! Not much but it's a start!!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:40 AM   #41  
TreeHugger

I'm sorry, I'm ******ed, I don't know what callanetics or kutg means??? Congradulations on your weight and inch loss!!!! You too Van! I lost a pound myself! In only to days! I'm proud of myself sticking to this detox diet. Today, I thought I was going to pass out. I didn't plan on being at school for so long and I forgot to bring food with me. Between that and the HEEEEAT!!!, I got a little faint. I'm better now and finnished my goal for the day.

Keep up the good work ladies!

Daisy, don't feel pressured to post any measurements or pics, It's no biggie - just a suggestion.

Have a great night everyone
Old 07-28-2005, 10:47 AM   #42  

Thumbs up

hello every one ......am farukh from pakistan! CAN I TOO join ur group?
a lil abt me....
i am 25 and weight alot heavier then wat i shud witha height of 5.4'
i have been gaining and loosing weight for 6-7 yrs now....i cant n do not know how to maintain my weight!
my lowest weight has been 127 and heighest 183!
currently i weight 165....i dont want to diet and workout like mad...i want a healthy change & i want it for life!
tho i'm working and am a pretty active person...still i am too lazy to "WORKOUT"
i'm slowly bringing change in my life...
i started with healthy eating plan on the 13th n as yet i ahve lost 4 pounds
i have joined an aerobics class and today will be my first day
my problem is PERSISTENCE...i lose weight and i gain it bac in a couple of months.
all my friends are slim n gorgeous which amkes me feel THE ODD ONE OUT!!!
this time my best friend (who's my age, of my height, mum of a 4 yr old & weighs 120 pounds) has kinda teamed up with me, to give me support and encourage me. i tell her abt how much /less i ate and for how long i worked out .... so he is kinda monitoring me ..... whcih is a GR8 help.
man im sick of this weight
i hope all of us who r working hard loose these extra layers of adipose tissues and live a healthy happy life
wish u all a very best of luck!
farukh!

Last edited by farukh; 07-28-2005 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #43  
TreeHugger

Welcome Farukh If you want to be health y 4 life, you are doing the right thing by changing your eating habbits. "Eat to live", not "Live to eat". If you have already lodt 4 pounds Great! Keep with it! If you find arobics is to much take a brisk walk up to 5 miles a day or a minimum of 30 minuted a day. Give yourself one day a week that you can have a food that you're craving. Don't make it a binge day though. It's hard I know, I binge eat for comfort. I have been on a body cleansing diet for 3 days now and have already lost 1 pound and feel great and in control of my life. I look forward to chatting with you Have a great day.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:49 PM   #44  
Vanessa

Smile

Hey Autumn!!

Hey Everyone!!

OK, so I need some help everyone!!

I'm on this new calorie kick. I went to this website where you put in your age, current weight, height, and how much excercise a day you do, and it calculates how many calories you need to stay at your current weight. It says by cutting out only 750 calories a day....you can drop 1-2 lbs. a week. To keep my current weight I need 2405 calories a day. But by eating only 1655 calories, I can lose more weight. I thought 750 calories was a lot but I researched more and came up with this.

At my old office, we ate out ALOT!!!
A BIG mac meal with a diet coke is 799 calories!!! But if I would have opted for a Bacon Ranch Salad for only 260 calories ( this includes a diet coke)......I would save 539 calories right there. Plus on top of that.....every morning I had a Grande Java Chip from Starbucks with whipped cream. This alone came to 510 calories. But if I chose just an iced coffee for 80 calories.....I'd save 430 calories. I would have saved a total of 969 calories a day by just making better choices!!!!! And I'd still be able to enjoy fast food and my starbucks!!

I just want to see what everyone thinks. For years we've heard people say "LESS CALORIES" but does it really work. And Autumn...............with your dads background.............is this a healthy way to diet???

Let me know everyone!!!! It sure is something to think about!!!!

Oh and that website to do the calorie calculator is:

http://www.inch-aweigh.com/dcn.php

Everyone have a good day!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #45  
Vanessa

Welcome Farukh!!
Of course you can join our group!!!!!

We really have some great people here with similar goals!!

Hope we can be of support and assistance to you!!

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!
Closed Thread