Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #1  
❤♪ A Marie

S/C/G: 200/140/130

Height: 5'7''

Smile New Here..Currently on Atkins!

Hey guys! Nice to meet you. My name is Anah, I'm 25 years old and I decided to join this group to meet people like me, to gain knowledge about dieting that I haven't learned, and to gain hope for myself. I also feel it will help me dedicate myself more seeing others doing the same thing.

So, as for dieting, I know the in's and out's. I know what to eat, what not to eat, and what will make you lose the most weight, fastest. The thing is, some of us don't want to lose the MOST weight, fastest ; but to KEEP the weight off is the more important aspect! I do admit that at first, losing the weight quickly is important to me, and then maintaining a steady weight loss, which is why I'm currently doing the Atkin's diet. BLAH! Day 2, and I am ALREADY sick of meat. It makes me almost not want to eat, at all. I keep thinking "cupcake?" but then I remember, I'm going to Florida in less than a month and I am SUPER EXCITED to look good in a bikini! I've also been SO back and forth in weight that my skin on my stomach is a bit saggy, so therefore I have to be a "small" weight for my height to have my stomach look good. I'm 5'7 and I weigh 140, But I'd like to be 130 again. This is my "happy" weight. We all have different weights we are happy at - this is mine.

I'd like to keep in contact with people who are doing the Atkin's diet, people that are interested in having a "dieting" friend or simply just someone to talk to. I'm a mother of 2, I'm quite mature for my age, and I'd love to listen!
AnahAmplified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:56 AM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to 3FC!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #4  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

to this forum.

There are a bunch of people who are doing the low Carb/Atkins way of eating on this forum and there is a thread set out for it too with recipes and lots of nice information. I am sorry you are already getting tired of eating meat. There are so many low carb ways of preparing it, please check out the recipes. Please don't forget that you should eat up to 6 cups of (allowed) vegetables a day too! I hope that it works for you and that in time it becomes second nature.

I too am on Atkins and have done it several times in the past and did not "stick" with it as a eating lifestyle once I lost some weight. This time I am making a change in my eating habits. I feel so much better when I eat this way. Most importantly, my mind fog disappears and I feel more aware.

Wishing you well on your travels in weight loss and to Florida (Its cool here today.... high of 70 but lows this weekend in the 40's yikes!!)
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Hi there, and welcome !
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153/146/115 (HW of 198)

Height: 5'2

I Love Atkins in that It has definetly worked for me in terms of rapid weight loss. I have a lot of friends who do the program successfully too and can stick to it.

Unfortunately my body rebels. Last time I did it I lost 30 lbs, in two months, but wound up in the hospital due to frequent fainting spells, dark urine and extreme hair loss :-( I then gained 63 lbs over 5 months.

As such I always tell people that they should make sure they're REALLY careful if they go off of it!
Bex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!!! Atkins can be extremely tough for the first couple of weeks, especially if it's a completely new way of eating for you.

I lost nearly 100 lbs on it 10 years ago. Sadly, I gained it all back and then some. However, that was entirely my fault, not the Atkins plan. For some reason, I just decided to go back to my old habits and of course, the weight was more than happy to jump back on.

The plan I've worked out for myself this time isn't an "according to Hoyle" Aktins plan, but it does have a number of Atkins ideas in it. It really taught me a lot about "good" and "bad" carbs, and helped me make sense of how my body reacts to different foods and triggers.
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote