Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/188/132

Height: 5'5

Smile I'm new!!!!

Hi everyone!!

I started Ideal Protein 4 days ago......lost 5 pounds as of today The first day I had a massive headache, which I think was from the lack of caffine...and by yesterday I had to force myself to eat because I am not hungry at all....So far my biggest problems is that I hate Salads....I hope I can get use to them.....I am not a big vegetable eater so this may be difficult....But I have noticed I have alot more energy and feel better since I havent eaten any junk......
louisianagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 263/Ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the weight loss & good luck on your journey.
Xaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:17 AM   #3  

Thanks Xaria......

I would like to post a little more about myself.....I did not have a weight problem until I had two c-sections, after that I could not control the weight...I have been on so many different diets and nothing works....Last yr I managed to lose 70 pounds but in March I had to have a total hysterectomy and after that all the weight came back...My drs say it came back so fast because of the imbalance of hormones and now they tell me that I have insulin resistance, which makes it extremely hard to lose weight....from everything I have been told and my own research....Ideal Protein is suppose to help ppl like me who are insulin resistant....I feel so depressed all the time because of the weight, its so hard on my joints, just feel bad all the time, so if anybody had any suggestions that may help about this program, please let me know....it helps so much to have support....I dont have any support at home, my kids and husband want me to lose weight but they dont want me to stop buying junk food or change the way I cook.... its very frustrating!!

Last edited by louisianagirl; 03-21-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:31 AM   #4  

great to know you... just enjoy your stay here!

Last edited by Matthewop; 03-21-2011 at 04:33 AM.
Matthewop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #5  

Hey! So, I'm not a big salad fan either... I made lettuce wraps last night though, and chopped up every veggie imaginable and it helped to not really recognize what exactly it was... I used a ton of bean sprouts, and added chicken. It was so good! Maybe something like that will help you! Be creative! Good luck!!!
singleinthecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/174/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Note to self: "Courage and Focus"

Hi louisianagirl, and new IP enthusiast.
It's all up to you! But you can receive some encouragement here.
I read the testimonials here and on the IP website with photos to keep motivated. This is week 10, 32 pounds lost for me and apparently I need to eat a little more protein for my needs - I like reading this website because of the personal info.
Also, keep making adjustments and you'll find your pace with IP and what veggies work for you.
Would it help to cut veggies into small pieces and saute with soy sauce and the daily meat portion as a stir fry. I like that.
Welcome and stay with it. I don't have the added challenge of dealing with the family's separate meal needs, but get the kids involved in eating healthier, watch Biggest Loser and such to include them in shopping, meal planning and learning about what we consume, where it comes from. You know all this and it's a good time to make it part of your entire lifestyle.
Hope I don't sound preachy, just telling myself to keep with it!

Best of all things to you,
Belinda
240/192/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Thanks Xaria......

I would like to post a little more about myself.....I did not have a weight problem until I had two c-sections, after that I could not control the weight...I have been on so many different diets and nothing works....Last yr I managed to lose 70 pounds but in March I had to have a total hysterectomy and after that all the weight came back...My drs say it came back so fast because of the imbalance of hormones and now they tell me that I have insulin resistance, which makes it extremely hard to lose weight....from everything I have been told and my own research....Ideal Protein is suppose to help ppl like me who are insulin resistant....I feel so depressed all the time because of the weight, its so hard on my joints, just feel bad all the time, so if anybody had any suggestions that may help about this program, please let me know....it helps so much to have support....I dont have any support at home, my kids and husband want me to lose weight but they dont want me to stop buying junk food or change the way I cook.... its very frustrating!!
FitMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #7  

Sometimes I am indifferent to salads....I don't mind them but they don't always sound too appetizing. This is especially true if I'm really hungry and want something filling. Salad doesn't ever sound like it would do the job, but oddly it does. Last night I made a green salad, fried up some turkey bacon til it was crispy and crumbled it on top of the salad (the turkey bacon seems to crisp better if I cook it in its original strip form and then crumble it after. If I chop it up then try to fry it, it stays softer and doesn't seem to get that crisp to it). I chopped up some green and red pepper to sprinkle on top and added some sliced mushrooms. Then I boiled two eggs for seven minutes so the yolk was done but not overly dry and halved them and put them on the plate with the salad for a little added protein and filler. I drizzled some ranch over the salad and it was SO GOOD. Plus, I felt very full and satisfied afterward but not bloated like I would have been if I had eaten carb heavy food.
RiverWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Hi everyone!!

I started Ideal Protein 4 days ago......lost 5 pounds as of today The first day I had a massive headache, which I think was from the lack of caffine...and by yesterday I had to force myself to eat because I am not hungry at all....So far my biggest problems is that I hate Salads....I hope I can get use to them.....I am not a big vegetable eater so this may be difficult....But I have noticed I have alot more energy and feel better since I havent eaten any junk......
Hi and Welcome! I'm new, too. In fact, I don't think I've ever posted about IP here... I just started about 10 days ago and lost 7 lbs the first week. I am aiming for 4 lbs this week... guess we'll see. :-) I LOVE this program.... I feel so much better already. My moods are better, my knees hurt less, my sleeping has improved and I'm not hungry. My coach is amazing, so that helps. So far I like all the food I've tried. What's your fav IP food?

Jayden
Jayden Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Talking another newbie

Hi! I am also new to IP, my third weigh in is tonight! I've lost 8.5 lbs in two weeks, so guess I'm doing ok. Just curious about the coaches. All mine has done is weigh and measure me and sell me IP food. I guess I expected a little more guidance. Is this normal?

Mamabear
mamabearone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #10  

Thanks, everyone for the welcome......I really like this site, it helps so much to know how everyone else is doing.....

Jayden, I guess since this is my first week, they have limited the IP foods that I can have but probably the chocolate is my favorite, I really like the raspberry jello too...when I picked out my foods they were out of alot of the choices Today my salad was pretty good.....lettuce, red cabbage, mushrooms, bell pepper and broccoli......My biggest problems is getting all that water in everyday...

Sounds like you are off to a good start!!!!

Victoria

Last edited by louisianagirl; 03-21-2011 at 06:41 PM.