Old 01-20-2016, 06:22 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Losingforgood - I never check to see if it says suitable for baking... I did try one of the new ones that I bought, and although they tasted fine, they did not come out like the quest powder does..

Cheryl -Yup! Know the feeling of that ice cream bar... But remember when we get back to real life that stuff will happen... Back on Phase 1 and put that in your rear view. I think that is a lesson I need to learn to...put those slips in the rear view..If it happens move on..

I really need to buckle down.. I have not been 100% and the scale is not budging.. I also feel it in my pants LOL. I only have about 3 pair of comfortable work pants and then of course leggins. But since I lost all the weight I have tried not to wear the leggins... Ugh. Wake UP
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #77  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Sue -- Come onto the straight and narrow -- one thing that rings true for me about this whole thing is -- the days will go by, whether I am doing the right things to manage my eating or not! So my graduation from coaching class, when I would like to be back at least at the weight I was when I began the training last June (160 by Mar 3rd), will arrive on the calendar, and I will look back over these days and weeks and I will either be very happy that I got back on the wagon, or very mad at myself that I let the days go by without following the program and letting momentary temptations pass by.

I did get back on track this week, and I have dropped a couple of pounds on the scale since I had the ice cream incident.... so I am pleased with myself.

Although -- I am down for the count with a bad respiratory infection and sinus headache and body aches that make sleep very fitful. Feeling pretty crummy and it seems like it's flu rather than just a cold/respiratory thing. Some diarrhea, to accompany the body aches... first time I have been sick since I started IP in July 2014. I am SO looking forward to putting THIS in the rearview mirror!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Great job getting back on track One.

I don't know why we do it to ourselves. If we're lucky the cheat will almost feel worth it while it's happening, and if we're REALLY, REALLY maybe for even a little after that. But usually I'm regretting it as I'm chewing! Then I feel guilty and crappy about myself! And that lasts longer than any good feelings I get from the cheat!

We can do this ladies!!
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Losingforgood - I never check to see if it says suitable for baking... I did try one of the new ones that I bought, and although they tasted fine, they did not come out like the quest powder does..

Cheryl -Yup! Know the feeling of that ice cream bar... But remember when we get back to real life that stuff will happen... Back on Phase 1 and put that in your rear view. I think that is a lesson I need to learn to...put those slips in the rear view..If it happens move on..

I really need to buckle down.. I have not been 100% and the scale is not budging.. I also feel it in my pants LOL. I only have about 3 pair of comfortable work pants and then of course leggins. But since I lost all the weight I have tried not to wear the leggins... Ugh. Wake UP
Thanks for your reply!
I guess its because I tried the QUEST first, and that spoiled me for any other haha.

But seriously, it was NASTY! What do you all mix your QUEST with for a shake? water ? or what would you suggest?
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:54 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

I mix my quest with 8oz of water and a cup of spinach. Very good
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:06 AM   #81  

I have not tried the quest powder as a shake.. I am in love with the peanut butter muffins so I just make big batches and freeze them..

Snowed in today so this will be a test of will power. Ugh... Gonna keep water by me at all times... Cheryl how are you doing? DC is getting piled on too.... They upped our snow total amounts last night to up to 2 feet! Ugh.... Fridge is stocked just hope we don't lose power. If we do I have to consolidate into the garage fridge on the generator cause that is easiest to plug in...but it is also much smaller and also full ... Let's hope for the best..
Old 01-23-2016, 11:45 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
I have not tried the quest powder as a shake.. I am in love with the peanut butter muffins so I just make big batches and freeze them..

Snowed in today so this will be a test of will power. Ugh... Gonna keep water by me at all times... Cheryl how are you doing? DC is getting piled on too.... They upped our snow total amounts last night to up to 2 feet! Ugh.... Fridge is stocked just hope we don't lose power. If we do I have to consolidate into the garage fridge on the generator cause that is easiest to plug in...but it is also much smaller and also full ... Let's hope for the best..
Great idea regarding the muffins... why do i make more work for myself than required? i can make SEVERAL pancakes at a time and just throw in the fridge!

now i have a burning question. Since i am so addicted TO those pancakes now, is there a limit per day? one large is one scoop... is it ok to have one in the morning and one in the evening as my snack?
Old 01-24-2016, 06:58 AM   #83  

I often use the muffins twice a day so I don't see the pancakes being any different. Eat away! My feeling is anytime I can find a chewy non restricted. I am all for it... I find myself needing somethings that I can chew.....shakes don't really cut it for me unless I am on the run in the car and I have no choice... I much prefer to have a food I can bite into....

Managed a totally on plan day yesterday even being snowed in.....We are under about 28 inches of snow right now maybe more. It was blowing around and I have been keeping a path clear for the dog in the yard LOL... Will have to clear the driveway when DH and DS awake.....So I will get some exercise today along with what will hopefully be another day on plan.

I am leaving for Dallas for business in March (4th) and I need to be back under 200. That is my goal. I have about 10 to lose before that trip, and then we are going to Hawaii in July.... I need to be at goal! I am counting on you guys to get me there LOL. We're in this together!
Old 01-24-2016, 10:03 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Sue - Those are great goals! Always helps when you have something specific to work towards.

Had my hand surgery last Thurs. All went well, cyst is gone and have been in little to no pain One side affect has been fluid retention and a little of the big C. I was up 4lbs on my Aria in 2 days. Nearly had a heart attack when I got on the scale yesterday. My pounds of fat and bf% did not change at my Fri IP WI at least. My hands still feel tight this morning. At least thing feel like they are starting to move along elsewhere.

Good to luck everyone who got hit with snow! Hope everyone is safe and sound. To a TX gal it kinda sounds like fun though!
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:24 PM   #85  
oneuh2

CenTxChk -- glad your surgery is done - my hand surgery was Dec 3 for carpal tunnel and I have been doing Physcial Therapy to break down scar tissue and rebuild the use of that hand. A bit slow going but it's working I think. I hope your recuperation is full and complete. It's a bummer to lose functionality in a hand - it affects everything!

Losingforgood- I agree with Sue about multiple batches of muffins or pancakes - should not be a problem, tho I usually make the pancakes fresh. I have some leftover cauliflower to grind down to rice texture and add to the batter for pancakes. This is a great variation on the pancake for me. But freezing or refrigerating extras for later consumption should be fine, and I think many have done more that one meal with the muffins or pancakes in the same day, and done that often. You should be fine.

This is my first time emerging from the snowstorm in DC area to sit down and actually post here on 3FC -- I think we got the full 24 inches, and maybe a couple more....I am so grateful to my neighbor with snow blower who cleared our sidewalk and driveway yesterday around noon, and then our handyman/yard guy from Guatemala appeared out of nowhere this morning with his brother - they cleared the driveway, including the apron area where the plows have driven a lot more snow/slush/icy stuff.... and they cleared the one car that lives outside next to the small garage and nice paths to the trash bins.
There is nothing like the helpful goodness of friends that appears when you need it... I could not be more grateful!!!

I have been sick for 5 days - the sinus and ear infection have just settled in without much indication of moving along.... I have no voice, and I cough miserably but do not get rid of any of the gunk that's gathering in my chest. And, I am totally in caregiver mode with no help - my best helper is stuck at her other job where she is resident manager for an autistic group home - the other staffers cannot seem to get out to come to the group house, so my person has been stuck there 24 hrs/day since Friday. I need some 24 hr care for my DH so that I can spend 24/day recuperating from my respiratory thing. Oh well.... hopefully we all return to normal from this storm without too much delay.

Like you, Sue, I have worried about how I would do with program during the storm - for me, there was no appetite for Wed, Thurs or Friday, so I actually had a nice 3 lb drop for the week. I was more interested in food yesterday and I ate things that are OP but I did not eat all the food required for daily intake. However, I have had LOTS of water - the decongestant/expectorant meds for this respiratory thing really make me feel dehydrated. A bit of the dreaded C since yesterday, too. I have strayed more today by having a yogurt and a few almonds... for some reason I had no taste for anything else, and I have indulged.

I am doing a good job posting my foibles to MFP, and seeing the calorie and nutrient results is really helpful feedback to keep me from just taking a pint of ice cream and a spoon and going completely off the reservation.
I just look forward to a return to more normal life so I can find no reasonable excuse to stray.

I am luckily down almost 12 lbs since Jan 3rd - this reflects a terrific start as a big chunk of my regain is gone, and I already feel the good signs of no bloat and general lack of interest in high sugar items. I am amazed when I can walk past those things without having any. The best part of ketosis for me is the dulled sense of cravings.

So as Sue says - I am depending on the interaction with my 3FC IPeeps to keep me going in the right direction and to hopefully meet my goal and shift to the maintenance protocol!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-24-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:25 PM   #86  

Losingforgood- I agree with Sue about multiple batches of muffins or pancakes - should not be a problem, tho I usually make the pancakes fresh. I have some leftover cauliflower to grind down to rice texture and add to the batter for pancakes. This is a great variation on the pancake for me. But freezing or refrigerating extras for later consumption should be fine, and I think many have done more that one meal with the muffins or pancakes in the same day, and done that often. You should be fine.

Thank you for that ! Good to know. I hope you will feel better soon
Old 01-25-2016, 02:07 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Cen, wishing your hand a speedy recovery.

One, great scale results, I hope you are feeling better soon. Sounds like you have great neighbours and friends.

Sue, I agree with Cen, having goals both short and long term certainly help keep us motivated. For me I am hoping to feel good in a LBD that I bought this fall in time for my anniversary at the end of March.

I hope everyone has a great OP day! We are worth it and food fixes nothing!!
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:49 PM   #88  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Cen, wishing your hand a speedy recovery.

Sue, I agree with Cen, having goals both short and long term certainly help keep us motivated. For me I am hoping to feel good in a LBD that I bought this fall in time for my anniversary at the end of March.
That was a popular song when I was in college..... "long cool woman in a black dress...."

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-25-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Cheryl- I hope you are feeling better! Saw you were logged into MFP. Come say hello!

Hand is doing great and FINALLY losing the fluid retention from the surgery. Down 6lbs since Sat. Geez, I've been peeing my brains out! Stitches come out Fri and planning to get back to the gym next week!

Would REALLY love to get down another 10 lbs but I miss working out too much. Plus, if I end up having plastic surgery this year, I will have several months to recuperate and P1 my heart out.

My goal is to make a couple appnts this week for consultations with some more docs. Thinking end of March/beginning of April would be a good time work-wise to be out... Who am I kidding, never a good time to be out of work. Making myself a priority this year...such a change from the last 20 yrs of my life!
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:32 AM   #90  

Cen - Glad the hand is on the mend....

Made my pilgrimage to the IP clinic that is about 30 minutes from me yesterday.. Stocked in for a good 2 weeks of 100% IP. Although I think I will continue to use the quest Peanut Butter Powder for morning muffins LOL. Just too good...

Cheryl - I will be back there towards the end of February if you want me to get you product. If you are ever on EBay they also sometimes have product. I have looked but for me since ther is a clinic 30 minutes away that I can shop at I have never bough from EBay..

Had a good day yesterday... I feel so much more in control now that I am surrounded with IP food and not alternates... Don't get me wrong I liked the alternative's, but too much LOL.. I think If I would have phased off correctly it would not have been an issue...But I didn't. I just ate what I wanted when I wanted it and hence, up goes the weight...

Live the program and Learn....