Old 05-03-2016, 08:02 PM   #166  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

So glad to hear from the gang, and I am so glad that people are finding approaches that fit well with where they are right now. There are few problems in this world that have only one effective solution.

I went to the office today - much easier to get thru the day without eating an extra packet or extra anything! I am not fond of the crowd I work with these days, but there is something good for me about leaving the house (and kitchen) behind and focusing attention someplace else for 8 hours....

Wore my fitbit today and I will probably have about 7000 steps for today... not the 10K goal I want to meet, but for someone who has been sitting for months, it's a start.

I have also challenged myself to do 30 squats a day for a month. I don't know about you guys but when I was at my lowest weight, my glutes were loose skin and flab... no muscle tone at all. So I am working on them this time as I lose, hoping there will be something there besides deflated flesh when I reach goal. ....was that TMI??...

ta ta for now,
cheryl
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:48 PM   #167  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Cheryl - Consider adding lunges too. They'll work your hamstrings while the squats will work your quads. Pay attention to proper technique!
Squats - stick butt out as you go down with head up - your body should not lean over your toes.
For lunges, ensure your back is straight vs hunched over.
This will give you a great leg workout.

I am going to start incorporating Miracle Noodles. Has anyone tried them? I found good info at lowcarbyum.com and ketodietapp.com in regards to how to prepare and recipes for them. They have Miracle Rice for which I am going to make rice pudding. I had made Rice pudding on IP with cauliflower which I thought was decent. Curious to see how I like it with Miracle Rice...I love rice pudding!!!
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:21 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Ro22: Miracle noodles are great! I have had to be gluten free for many years so they've always been my go-to for Chow Mein or 'spaghetti'. I also like the Explore Asian noodles as they have lots of protein 15-18 g per serving, taste good and are a bit more 'pasta-like' than the Miracle Noodles. They also have a lot of fibre so very low in carbs. My general plan in maintenance was/is HFLC but I do better if I separate the fats & carbs like IP Maintenance. When I combine them more I start to head off into cheats (what I call bad combinations that set up cravings for me).

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:06 PM   #169  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Liana - Thanks for the alternative suggestion. I'll check into those as I had read that Miracle Noodles were more geared towards a noodle replacement (e.g. Asian and soups) than as a pasta replacement, when a pasta alternative is what I am seeking.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:46 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Ro and Liane - I to eat the miracle noodles and rice. When I was winging it on IP but could not allow carbs, that was my go to on pasta night LOL... I also liked that I could do that rice with dinner and eat like a normal person LOL...

WI today on my new program. My Aria still has me under 230, but I WI at 1 after lunch so I am sure it will be over...that's OK because in my mind I know I have dipped back under lol
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:31 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Ladies!

Just popped in to see what's been going on here lately and imagine my surprise to see all of these wonderful ladies back! Yay! So proud of all of you for finding new WL methods instead of giving up! IP is so hard long term!

Not much to update here. 6wks post surgery. Things continue to heal well, just slowly. Still no working out. Intermittent P1 days here and there but not allowed to go into full blown ketosis. My weight is up about 10 lbs over goal. I usually hover 5 lbs over goal and such little activity the last month and a half hasn't helped. Trying to eat really clean on maintenance. April and May are alway crazy busy months with lots of social events....and food! Gah! Kills me. My birthday is on Friday and we are going camping this weekend with other families. Need to find the strength not to eat all the crap that usually comes with these fun days.
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

CenTxChk: Nothing like barbequeing your veggies in a grill pan. Makes them taste awesome - maybe a bit of help with meal planning.
Do you 'camp' in a trailer with normal kitchen, or are you a tent/campstove-on-the-picnic-table sort of person? If you are in a camper/trailer with a little fridge, no problem, lol.
A little more difficult when you have to think about veggies as keepers w/o refrigeration. Maybe it's the roast-over-the-campfire treats that are the problem, eh?

DH & I are tenters (just graduated to a stand up model - no longer backpacker tiny) but we cook on a campstove set up under a tarp. Two burners - one for hot water (tea, bullion, coffee, dishcleaning water) and the other for our one-pot meals. This means lots of stew type dinners with cucumbers & celery on the side as those veggies last best for fresh salad type meals.

Have fun.... the way things are going this year I don't think we will have time to camp unless DH gets hernia surgery and I get my ankle metal taken out at close to the same time. What a couple of cripples, lol.
*my apologies to anyone offended by my non-PC terminology*

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:13 PM   #173  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Sue - Congrats on gettin to next "decade". Thanks for input on the miracle stuff. I have 2 boxes from Amazon so I hope I like them.

CTC - Good to hear from you. Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Congrats on following through and maintenance success! Happy early birthday!!!

I am quite bummed today. As you guys may recall, I was working on a presidential campaign. My candidate dropped out last night. This started 6 months ago - it is a tough pill to swallow. I was emotional today - I left work in the middle of the afternoon to workout to alleviate the emotions. I didn't sleep last night so I didn't feel like getting up this morning to workout so was happy to get this in this afternoon and not have to go tonight. I left Indianapolis yesterday morning as I had a feeling and didn't want to be there last night but it was still a gut-punch. In spite of the emotions and sleep disruption, I am going strong on my diet/exercise. Looking forward to nicer weather this weekend to get out and golf - get a great workout in walking the course and so peaceful.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:34 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Ro sorry about your stress, but choosing to work out instead of eating is a step in the right direction....

SO I know it has been a while since I logged on, but the whole look of the site has changed for me and I can't change my stats! Ugh.. I am on my IPad...will try to log from my laptop today and see what the problem is.

Was down 5 yesterday at WI... Scale moved further away from that 230 number this morning.... Now I just need to keep on moving...
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:37 AM   #175  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Sue - I am on an IPad and went to see if I could figure out how to change my stats. Click your UserID and then your profile is in a series of tabs. Your stats and such are in the About Me tab. There is a pencil icon next to each set of info that if you click will allow you to edit that piece of info. For me, my stats were the first thing listed in the About Me tab. I didn't actually edit mine as I just wanted to see if I could figure it out given your post as I am on an IPad. Hope that works for you!