Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 09:37 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I am enjoying my vacation. We have had temps in the 60s and mostly sunshine. Food has not been great but I will be back on track on Monday. I can feel my body gaining energy again, it is wonderful.

Jenny, you would have liked my cousin. He was a life long social worker and therapist. He was a volunteer with the Red Cross and was called upon to provide support at Ground Zero, Sandy Hook and many other traumatic events. I really admired his dedication and kindness. He has a great son and his grandson is a whirlwind of happy energy. I see the next generations carrying on his kind lessons.

Want2b, your Vegas trip sounds fantastic! I think that life in maintenance requires some planned breaks, big difference from a constant slide.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #122  

First day in the garden. Temps in the high 60s. Gorgeous day!

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Slip - your cousin sounds like he had such a lovely heart and spirit. him being gone must be such a huge loss for his family, friends, and the community.
Where are you having your vacation? I'm relieved to hear that you are feeling your energy retun. I imagine it is going to take some time. Enjoy the warmth of the sun and the granden.

Want2b- glad Vegas was good. Where are you off to next?

Hi to Hawaii, Liana, Steph, Lucci, Greatful4 and everyone else.

I had a great weekend, lots of activity and after my long run today spent the rest of it reading and hanging out. Been falling asleep really early 930 and 1030 this weekend. Is anyone else finding that they are really tired at night? During the week I'm pretty consistent with 1030 but one night last week was 830.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:53 PM   #124  

Height: 5'2

Want2be - I love Vegas. We usually make a trip every year but doesn't look like it's happening in 2015. Enjoy!

Slip - Glad to hear you're feeling better. The weather here was beautiful as well and I enjoyed going for a little run this morning. I'd love to get some gardening/yardwork done but we are planning to get a driveway/walkway poured sometime this summer so no point in trying to get the landscaping figured out just yet.

Jenny - I slept 9 hours the past two nights. I stayed home both nights because I wanted to go to bed lol. When is your triathalon?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #125  

Steph, ok that's a relief I'm not the only one getting lots of sleep. I have a 1/2 marathon in two weeks and then planning in a tri June 13 if I can get a bike figured out. Next Sunday I'm going a little indoor tri at a friend's gym for fun.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello peeps! I too have been tired and in bed early. Last night I woke up at 2 and had stomach pains. I was up for over an hour. Today I am still sick. Hopefully this will pass soon. Take care.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #127  

Hi all,

Jenny, you are so inspiring! A 1/2 and a Tri! Wow!!! As for my vacation, I stayed home but getting away from school was wonderful.

Steph, best laid plans... Hope you get some sleep tonight. Our nice weather has moved on and we are in the midst of 3 days of cool rain.

Want2b- sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hope it passes quickly.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi all;

Just back from a 2 week holiday. It was a great break! I needed it. But, the weight is not good. I am the highest weight that I've been since I went on maintenance, 5lbs past my scream weight. So, I am not a happy camper to say the least. But, I am back at trying to get this extra weight off and exercise. It has definitely been my eating and the bad carbs so I'm back at portion control and eating healthy. Its been great reading your posts. I'm glad that things are better Slip. And Jenny you are doing great. Hope that you are feeling better Want2B! Hi Steph and Lucci, Liana and everyone!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:50 PM   #129  

Holy smokes Jenny, you are doing amazing. I would love to do a mini tri but it's the swimming that turns me off. I guess the running and biking might be a bi-athalon? I ran outside for the first time yesterday this season and I am slightly sore today. It's very sad how quickly your fitness can leave you when you stop exercising! It was only intervals too - lame!
Old 04-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Holy smokes Jenny, you are doing amazing. I would love to do a mini tri but it's the swimming that turns me off. I guess the running and biking might be a bi-athalon? I ran outside for the first time yesterday this season and I am slightly sore today. It's very sad how quickly your fitness can leave you when you stop exercising! It was only intervals too - lame!
Way to go Jenny on your trying a tri, lol!
Steph: it's called a duathlon (since biathlon has been coopted by x-country ski & shoot races). You should be able to find some on the Internet if it's something you want to get into. http://www.xterracanmore.ca/ http://www.footstock.ca/duathlonRelay.php - this one's over now but next year??
There's also team triathlons when you have 2 other teammates and each of you do one leg. I did that years ago as a cyclist on a team (since I'm not a comfortable swimmer and running has always been painful for me). Doing it as a team is actually lots of fun!

Hi Hawaii, wondered where you were

Liana
Old 04-21-2015, 08:51 PM   #131  

Wow Liana, thanks for the info! I'm hoping to ride my bike more often this summer but now that I'm at the IP clinic quite a bit as well as working my regular job 4 days/week it might be tricky to fit in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Way to go Jenny on your trying a tri, lol!
Steph: it's called a duathlon (since biathlon has been coopted by x-country ski & shoot races). You should be able to find some on the Internet if it's something you want to get into. http://www.xterracanmore.ca/ http://www.footstock.ca/duathlonRelay.php - this one's over now but next year??
There's also team triathlons when you have 2 other teammates and each of you do one leg. I did that years ago as a cyclist on a team (since I'm not a comfortable swimmer and running has always been painful for me). Doing it as a team is actually lots of fun!

Hi Hawaii, wondered where you were

Liana
Old 04-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #132  

TGIF!

Thankfully, the week flew by quickly. We are back to chilly temperatures here in CT, come on spring! I am waiting for some warmth.

Had an okay week food wise but have not been eating as cleanly as before. Going to try to shape up my regime- really want to be at goal for my year anniversary in June.

How about all of you?
Old 04-25-2015, 07:13 AM   #133  

Morning,

Slip, glad to hear your vacation was great. Are you feeling fully recovered yet?
I have no doubt you will get to your goal for June. Eating clean seems to work really well for you (me to) and you are great at keeping calm and carrying on. June is your first year of maintaince right?

Steph - I have friends that are doing team tri's and they just work out what leg they want. Good for you got getting back out running.
How is your clinic going?

Hawaii- where did you go on vacation? You'll get the up lbs off and I'm sure a lot of it salt.

Liana - trying a tri. I think I'll like it. A little nervous about biking on the road. I may be looking to you for some cycling advice.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hi to everyone else
Old 04-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #134  

Hi all,

Jenny, I am feeling much better. I do feel calm about where I am. I am feeling an urgency to clean up my behavior. Have been letting my emotions/stress affect my food choices. For me, this can be a slippery slope.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:04 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Glad you are getting back to emotional calmness and physical health as well, Slip! It's tough when you are trying to get it back together on both fronts...I can appreciate your feelings...
Hi everyone else!
I will be headed down to Vancouver area (White Rock actually) to help nurse DH's mom back to a better blood count and see if we can figure out what's going on with her physically. I have to work the next couple of days but will be offline I think until middle of next week. Send me willpower dust to keep to my food plan while I'm there, as there won't be much in the way of accountability...

Liana
Closed Thread