Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Feel better Slip

Want2be - sounds like you've got a good plan. I will often do my WI the day after I run. I'm a daily weigher at home still.

Home for the next 2 days with the kids. Weight has been all over the place since this week I feel eating has been on track. Will try to monitor more closely and see. Knees are still sore from long run on the weekend.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:36 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, still pretty sick. Left the Drs. on Friday with three prescriptions. Hopefully, I will be on the mend soon. Hope you are all well.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:47 AM   #63  

Happy Saturday,

Yikes Slip, you've got a dozie of a bug. The meds should kick in soon and hopefully bring you some relief. Send healthy vibes your way.

I didn't get to my WI last Friday, too many other appts and running around with the kids. Scale at home is the same as last Friday and I imagine inches the same. I still want to see the number below 162 and I haven't been there for a month. Still thinking lean muscle so note sure if the number will come down.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Hi all! Happy Sunday to everyone.

Slipfree hope you are doing better and getting the rest you need.

I am feeling better. Did a lot of tests this week. I got a surprising diagnose right after 1 test. The radiologist told me right away. I have GERD or acid reflux--which is weird as I have none of the symptoms. It also weakened my esophagus a bit. Must of had it for a while. Does anyone else have this?But it is treatable. I am assuming they will be put me on a medicine.

So the more I go for tests the less I think it is my gallbladder even though I do have gallstones in it as I had a test done and it works and contracts above normal and there are no stones or blockages in ducts.

Monday I go to the ortho surgeon about my shoulder--I bet he has me go to physical therapy first.

I am hanging in there with P1 but this weekend I was sick of the diet but I will keep plugging along. I am done about 20lbs since mid January.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #65  

Hey everybody!

I am finally starting to feel better! Should have gone to the Dr.'s sooner. Ended up getting a bacterial skin infection under my nose from using the cheap school tissue (got chapped) and getting some staph or strep germ. Am on Meds, for a month. I look so pretty!!! :P

Luccilove, congrats on the 20 pounds! Yay you! Glad that they have come up with a diagnosis for you. I hope they come up with a plan to help the issue.

Jenny, I think you are doing fine. Good luck with your upcoming race. I really admire your stick to it with exercise. Wish mine would kick in!

Food was not great while I was sick. Phase 1 today. TOM is finally ending, so I will weigh in-in a couple of days. Clothes are not feeling tight though.

Missed you all!
Old 03-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree-welcome back. Glad u are on the mend

Saw ortho surgeon today. I don't need surgery on my shoulder-just some PT Physical Therapy. He said my posture is terrible and I need to work on that. Which I know about.

Have 2nd opinion with Gastro dr tomorrow. I will be happy when I have no more Doctors to tell with for a bit.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Lucci: Hope the shoulder is better soon. Glad you don't need surgery.

Slip: How are you feeling? Have the meds kicked in yet? Hope you are on the mend.

I went to the gym today, my first workout after getting the plan from the trainer. Took less time then she thought it would, made me wonder if I didn't do it right. Lol. Super glad I was the only one there, I have this fear of people seeing me at the gym. Like they will wonder what I am doing there or see me doing the exercises wrong. Silly I know. Hopefully the more I go the less I will feel like that. My eating has been pretty bad lately, seems like such a roller coaster. Today is a 100% day, hopefully I can string a week or so of them together. I have been feeling very tired lately, I think the stress of this part time job is getting to me. Only 4 more days to go, then back to my play school job. I have been enjoying the work just not the early mornings, and the pressure I put on myself to do well at this job. Lol. On a happy note, went shopping yesterday and got a pair of Silver capri's, 2 pairs of jeans and some really cute dressy tops. Can't wait for the weather to get nicer to wear the clothes. So much more fun to shop when you know you can go into any store and find clothes that fit.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:45 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi all;

Well, I continue to struggle with my up lbs. I'm just over my scream weight and need to get some weight off but I need to get back at having more strict days once again. And that means getting my head in the game which with not feeling great here and there is hard. I just got over the last virus and am now dealing with a nasty cough, sore throat and stuffiness. I am glad that you are feeling better Slip.

I did manage to have a good exercise week last week and had a great run on Sunday. I felt so good and was hoping to put in a good week but will try and rest and get over this cold first. The struggle continues but my clothes are still fitting so that's a good sign. But, I would love to get 5-10lbs off. I stay determined! Have a great day all! I have been reading all of your posts and it helps me continue the fight!
Old 03-24-2015, 06:40 PM   #69  

Hawaii, have you been to the dr.? I really wish I had gone earlier rather than trying to tough it out. May have saved myself some misery(ugly skin infection on face and 7th graders is not a good combo for my vanity)

Had a terrible food weekend, but have been back on track this weekend. Progress not perfection, my friends.

Want2b- not feeling 100%, but much better than last week! Sorry that the temp job is causing you stress. Glad that it is almost over. When is your trip? Your cute new clothes will come in handy!

Luccilove, what did the gastro. Dr. have to say?

Hi Liana, Steph and Kooky!
Old 03-24-2015, 08:21 PM   #70  

Slip, glad you're feeling better. You got hit hard last week. Thanks for the good luck on the race I'm excited and nervous.

Hawaii - yikes the illness are making their rounds this winter. I hope your feeling better. Dial it back in the exercise. My coach says if your cold is in your chest no running. It is so hard to stick to a plan when you're not feeling well. Hang in there.

Want2b - sounds like you picked up some great clothes. Great work getting to the gym and doing your program. I'm sure it will get easier the more you do it and I'm sure people will be too focused on their own exercise to look at what you're doing. What is your play school job?

Lucci - great news on no surgery. Glad that you're feeling better.

Going to start tracking my food again with MFP and make sure I'm on track. Eating pretty much on plan and will be curious to be measured again on Friday.

This maintainence requires a lot of work! Have said that I will also add that it is worth it and it's comforting to know that we are all working at it all the time
Old 03-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hawaii: Hope you are feeling better. Up pounds are never fun, I seem to have them a lot. A work in progress for sure.

Slip: Glad you are feeling a bit better. We have a trip to Las Vegas planned for April 9th and then we go away for DH's work on April 28th. Looking forward to both of those, sunshine and warm weather!

Jenny: I am a play school teacher. Fun job but exhausting too. You are so right about maintaining being a lot of work. But it is so nice to have others to share the journey with. Knowing I am not alone in my struggles helps a lot.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #72  

Hi,

Food has not been good Comfort food, I guess. Still exhausted and feeling ugly with this thing on my face. No excuses, just my reality for today. This too shall pass.

Want2b- so envious of your two vacations! Sure wish the sun would shine a little here. Spring break for us is the 3rd week in April.

Hawaii and Jenny- it does feel like endless work some of the time- Caring about it, at least. But, I am sure I spent just as much time feeling miserable about my weight at 237 pounds.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:22 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Slip; No, I haven't gone to the Dr.,I have a full blown head cold. I think I am on the mend. Yesterday wasn't a great day. My eating still isn't good. I am sitting right at scream weight, some of it is definitely water. I was one lb down yesterday. I made a big pot of chicken soup yesterday, am hoping it will help me get over this cold quicker.

Jenny; so this week I've been not moving too far, meaning no exercise. I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday as my hubby went for his first outdoor run of the year. I'm hoping that I will get one in next week. You continue to inspire me with your exercise and doing well in maintenance.

Want2B; Vegas sounds fun and getting away. We are chatting about getting away right now for a much needed break. Yes, the up lbs aren't fun but I continue to work at getting them off and not panicking.

Lucci; Glad that you are not needing surgery and hope that things will settle down soon with the Dr. visits.

Hi Steph and Liana, Kooki and everyone else that reads this board. I keep plugging away and want to get down some lbs . Chocolate has been the devil lately. I need to do some clean eating and portion watching which is what my goal is. I seem to be craving comfort food with this cold! Have a great day.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:14 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi gals, I've just been totally vegging due to bad muscle pain (explanations elsewhere in my usual posting threads, lol) so very little exercise for me - slow walking is about it and only when I need to go to the stores to get something.
Needless to say I have been feeling sorry for myself, and not thinking clearly with the night eating scenario. I haven't even posted it in my food diary because I do great thru the day and think things are going well and close off my diary, when suddenly late in the evening BAM! I am hit from behind with evil Craisins and Cheese. I am at a few lbs higher than my happy weight still, but considering what has been happening doing OK with the scale. I just need to get back to my 'no night snackies unless working', and 'do not combine the fats & higher carbs in one HIGH CALORIE snack'.

*heavy sigh*

Oh well, kids will be back in school soon and that means the pool will again be available for us exercisers.

Liana
Old 03-28-2015, 09:40 AM   #75  

Morning ladies,

Liana, sending you lots of healing thoughts and energy and hope your flare up ends soon. Does the pool help? I haven't caught my son's cold, this is a first for me.

Hawaii - your chicken soup sounds yum. Hope your feeling better soon.

Slip you've had a hard few weeks. Like you said it will get better but I'm sure when you're in the middle of feeling it all that can seem like forever.

Want2b - that is an exhausting job you have but an important one. You must have built up a strong immune system after working with the little ones for so long.

I'm taking it easy today, slept in and then ate breakfast in bed. I haven't done that in years. Had a good WI yesterday, top of range but inches at lowest of range. I'm going to drink lots of water today to get well hydrated and take it easy, maybe a short walk, but want to have rested legs for the race tomorrow.

Have a great Saturday
Closed Thread