Old 02-21-2015, 01:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
When I did Ip before, we were allowed 1 oz of cheese per day, so I guess I'm following old protocol.
Whaaaaat, that would have made it so much easier for me! I miss cheese like you don't even know.

Also, hi. Another rebooter. I lost something like 40 pounds, last time, which was really nice. But I got diagnosed with arthritis (the autoimmune kind), which freaked me out... I knew something was wrong, but having a name and the knowledge it didn't have a cure was bad. Worse was the treatment: it's basically chemotherapy.

ANYWAY, I freaked out about that. So that freak out, combined with some travel, led me to jump out of IP without really doing the later phases. And, it turns out, I hadn't really changed my food habits. I gained back all of the pounds I lost, and some of them brought friends.

But now I'm more calm about the scary meds, and I'm living somewhere less stressful, and I'm ready to get in control, you know? So here I am, restarting.

I'm ready! I have some lovely veggies in my kitchen.

Last edited by the_magpie; 03-09-2015 at 07:35 PM.
the_magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:21 AM   #17  

I'm also a rebooter! Lost 52 pounds almost 2 years ago with no cheats at all. Now I'm trying to reboot and get off the 20ish pounds I put on. I really need to focus its not as easy as the first time around. I'm trying some alternatives to start with but I might need to go back to my coach for some motivation good luck everyone! We did this once we can do it again!
BEEGEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:40 AM   #18  

Quote:
When I did Ip before, we were allowed 1 oz of cheese per day, so I guess I'm following old protocol.
I have the protocols from 2011 & 2012 (I started in 2012).
I've not seen 1 oz cheese on any protocol - even the older ones -although some may have interpreted the milk that way.

It was 1 oz skim milk for coffee in the morning. That has been updated to 1 oz "regular" milk.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:33 AM   #19  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm also doing a combination of IP and Alternatives this time around. Several of the products from Nashua are identical to IP and half the price (or less than half). Others are comparable. I usually buy about one box (7 packets) of IP each week and often have a little visit with my coach. She is very supportive and fine with my choice to scale down the expensive IP products. I think her commitment is strong to support her clients and she knows that I had a long stint on IP my first time around.

I, too, don' t remember cheese being on the P1 protocol. I would have jumped on that one, because I'm a cheese lover. In fact, when I'm on maintenance I strictly watch my cheeses.

Good to see you all here. We can do this. I'm thankful we have this tool. Have a great day!

Last edited by joysh; 02-21-2015 at 09:36 AM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:47 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I belong in this thread as well. Lost 30 pounds in 2010 managed to stay within 10 pounds until last summer. Had some health issues and started taking 2 new medications. Gained 10 pounds very quickly seemed like overnight. I am determined now to lose the 20 pounds. I have such cute summer clothes hanging in the closet taking up space. A little tight last summer won't fit this summer. I need to step up and be strong. In 2010 I was 100% OP the whole time. Never cheated at all. That is the way my mind works. All or nothing. I can't have cheat days. My cheat day runs into cheat weeks. Last night friends stopped by for a glass of wine. I got the wine glasses out got me a bottle of ICE and poured that I to my glass. No one said anything and I was happy that I stayed strong. We can do this. I feel so much better on IP. No junk food.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Lisa
I can't enter my lose this weekend. Has something changed in the 25 challenge spread sheet?
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:02 AM   #22  

coffeebean: There are some answers to that on the challenge thread
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:06 AM   #23  
11/30/2015

S/C/G: 143/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

This thread is perfect! I thought I was the only one who had a hard time rebooting. I've rebooted a few times in the past year and could only be 100% for 2 weeks at the most. This time around, I decided to use a combination of alternatives and IP packets. I started this reboot a month ago and for week 1 I was 100% and lost 7 1/2 pounds, the 2nd week, I started adding normal dressing and a few croutons on my salad and lost another 2 1/2 pounds. I'm now starting week 5 and have been holding at a 10 pound loss. Has anyone added carbs back for a few weeks then go 100% for a few weeks on and a few weeks off? Wondering if I'm doing more harm than good. I know I can be 100% if it's for a short time.
Suzali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #24  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I have the protocols from 2011 & 2012 (I started in 2012).
I've not seen 1 oz cheese on any protocol - even the older ones -although some may have interpreted the milk that way.

It was 1 oz skim milk for coffee in the morning. That has been updated to 1 oz "regular" milk.
The protocol I followed would have been from 2010. New sheets came out in 2011, after I was already on the plan for a while. I don't have the sheet anymore, so I can't verify. TBH, it may have been an adaptation that came from someone's coach- as you say, in lieu of milk. I recall it being presented in terms of condiments- as in, a sprinkle of cheese on a salad, etc. I used to eat "tuna melt" or "Big Mac" in a bowl and that sort of thing with a bit of grated cheese on top. I also occasionally put a small amount into my salads and skip the oil & vinegar dressing.

I don't intend to misinform. It's not on the protocol now, and I'm certainly not saying anyone else should incorporate cheese. Consider it an adaptation. As with all adaptations, it's a measured risk and would be used very sparingly.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:16 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

I am rebooting b/c I have a pair of "tight pants" that I really want to wear! However, my coach is not with IP at this time & I'd have to start completely new with another coach. So I decided to go with alternatives. I do find keeping that food diary is a big help for me & drinking lots of water! I teach K & every morning 2 5th graders pop by my classroom to fill my large Tervis tumbler with ice...they are helping to keep me on track (one of the boys is my cousin's grandchild). I don't have too much to lose this time, but knew I needed to catch it before it got out of hand.
kkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:19 PM   #26  

Quote:
Cheese was never allowed on my original protocol sheet & my coach was adamant that cheese didn't count as the little bit of dairy that was allowed if you needed it in coffee & she said absolutely no cheese. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I was a no dairy on IP.

Last edited by kkids; 02-21-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

I am also a person who finds that I need to stay 100% OP or else I am tempted to take it too far. I really miss the glass or two of wine and have been tempted but decided that I can handle the relatively short period of time it's going to take to get the excess weight off. I have had numerous people ask me why I don't let myself have a "cheat day" now and then. Those cheat days can come when I get back on maintenance. I know I still need to work on the mental piece that obviously caused/causes me to regain weight that I lose, but for me right now I find I have to stick with it 100%.
Lori T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:02 PM   #28  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Hi! This is what I've been waiting for! Lost 35 pounds three years ago and lost it back slosly but surely.start last week and lost close to 10lbs this week! I knew I loved this diet.

On another note, anyone here ever made shakshuka??? Looking for a recipe if you have one!
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:07 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori T View Post
I am also a person who finds that I need to stay 100% OP or else I am tempted to take it too far. I really miss the glass or two of wine and have been tempted but decided that I can handle the relatively short period of time it's going to take to get the excess weight off. I have had numerous people ask me why I don't let myself have a "cheat day" now and then. Those cheat days can come when I get back on maintenance. I know I still need to work on the mental piece that obviously caused/causes me to regain weight that I lose, but for me right now I find I have to stick with it 100%.
I graduated from IP Dec 2013. I was great about having 1 cheat day a week most of last year, but found that wine isn't my friend. While I do enjoy a glass or 2, it makes me hungrier. I also think that it is very difficult to stick to the 5 oz rule - who drinks just 5 oz of wine? LOL I've told my guys at the WM garden center (where I check out) to not let me purchase a bottle of wine until after Easter I figure that will be about how long it takes to drop 10 or so pounds.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

I agree kkids…5 oz…really?! My wine rack is full and waiting for the day a bottle can be opened, but I'm thinking it will be closer to June. I'm a teacher, so by then I'm sure I'll be more than ready!
Lori T is offline   Reply With Quote