Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #16  

Height: 5 '6

Just a quick update: I ran into a store to grab a few things before my trip... now wearing a size 13 pants!! I know I'm saying a lot of Whee Hoo's this weekend but I'm happy!! LOL!

Last edited by Hiker88; 06-01-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #17  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Morning Luccilove, I have missed you Not sure if everyone wants to see what I am eating on Phase 3 here, but it is posted under Life After Phase 1- renew. I started the thread to get information but also as a resource for when all the Newbies get to Phase 3.

I did not feel guilty at all. This is the next step in this journey. It was great to have variety since I have eaten only Phase 1 foods for 7 months.

The process was helped by my shopping yesterday. I bought small tops, even an extra small and a size 8 Lilly Pulitzer skirt. I am satisfied with where I am now size wise. I am actually looking forward to a little more puffiness in my face from reintroducing carbs. Have had a lot of people tell me that I look too thin this week.

So how about celebrating our success for all the world to see:

Height: 5'7 Weight: 161

Sizes in Oct. Sizes in June

Jeans: 18 Jeans: 8

Dress: 16 Dress: 8

Carpris:16 Capris: 10

Tops:XL Tops: small

Bra: 38 ddd Bra: 34 dd

Shoe: 8.5 Shoe: 7.5
Wow this is so inspiring Slipfree! (Especially so, since we're the same height.) Gives me a lot to look forward to. Thanks for posting this thread, it's so motivating to see all the October newbies' successes!
Old 06-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Such a wonderful celebration of our successes so far!

Hiker- your posts all weekend have made me smile. I am so happy that you are happy!

Pishposh, this program works, you will be in Onederland in no time!

Schenectady, celebration is good for the soul I think we focus on what is still unfinished and we forget to feel gratitude for our blessings.

I am physically exhausted! Worked in the yard/garden for 6 hours. My body is going to be so sore, it hurts already
Old 06-01-2014, 08:17 PM   #19  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Hiker88 - thanks for that kindness...do not have all my stats but will post what I can. Maybe that will prove to anyone if you stick with it, even with 'detours' that it will work.

Weight: 297 before IP/270 IP/ current 185
Size dress: 24 before, 12 or 14 now
Pants: Never wore, now in 14
Tops: XL, now M
Shoes: 10, now 8.5 or 9
Wow Schenectady. What an inspiration. I've read of your struggles to stay OP and have commiserated and sympathised along with you. And look where you are today! Wearing a Medium top and now wearing pants. This is all super exciting and so wonderful to see that set backs can be overcome. Big congrats on your success so far. And please continue to inspire us!!
Old 06-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Lucci: Sounds like you are having a struggle right now, we have ALL been there. I read a quote the other day, something to the effect of, "The road is hardest right before we succeed". Totally made me think of our weight loss. Keep plugging along, the road will get easy again.

Slip: Glad you are embracing this new stage with a positive attitude! I have been following your P3 thread from the beginning, can't wait to post in there!

Hiker: So happy you made it to 80lbs gone forever before your trip!! Congrats!

Kooky: Your comment about getting a fake ID to be older cracked me up! Sorry your complex is getting louder.

Scheneclady: Welcome! Feel free to join in.

Back from a weekend of camping, stayed OP with my food!! Very happy with that. Did some thinking about my body and what I think about how I look, starting to like the "new" me! Feeling more confident about my weight loss and how I am looking. Did some shopping as well this weekend, picked up some shirts that are a size M and some shorts a size 10! I think they are both on the bigger end of there sizes(so not a true M or 10) but I am AMAZED to be even close to those sizes. Can't wait to wear them this week!

I LOVE the size comparisons everyone has done, of course I had to do mine too! LOL Amazing to see how much smaller we all are.

Sizes in Oct/ Sizes in June
Jeans: 24/12
Dress: not sure/14
Tops: 2X-3X/L or M
Bra: 44C/36C
Old 06-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #21  

Hi Want2b,

Congrats on staying OP and the smaller clothes!!! I love that you are feeling more confident about your body. We have had a lot of changes in our physical bodies. None of us are in our 20s, so we better learn to love what we've got. I have to work at not being so critical of myself. The things that are bugging me right now, are the skin under my arms and my eyelids! Neither area is going to change, so I know that I need to focus on the positives instead.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:20 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Yay Want2B for OP camping and smaller pants! You're doing a great job! I'm glad you're feeling happy about your choices and confident about your new body.

It's so great to read about everyone's successes and excitement ,and I look forward to hearing more!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

All of you have done so well.. how inspiring!! I noticed that most of you lost a shoe size also, I didn't even consider that your shoe size would change with weigh loss. Thanks for sharing!!
Old 06-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #24  

Hi everyone,

11.5 school days left! 2 more Mondays after today. Seems to be taking forever. I sound just like one of the kids. Field trip on Friday to the Renaissance Faire.

The weather here is beautiful today. Went to buy more plants. Lots of planting to do this weekend. Hoping to make that trip to the NYC Botanical Garden on Sat.

Going to a Maintenance class at my clinic on Thurs. looking forward to figuring out the next step.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful OP day.

Last edited by Slipfree; 06-02-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Slip: You are one busy lady!! I am counting down the days of work also, 14 for me.

Went to my friends house after work today, she is the one that got me started on IP. She hasn't seen me for 6 weeks, she said she really noticed a difference. Yah!! She was kind of surprised that I want to lose 14 more lbs. I am a total pear shape and still need to get rid of the tummy and butt, not sure that it will be gone in 14lbs! I am not sure the tummy and butt have much fat, I am thinking it may be loose skin, and no diet is going to help that. I am going to phase off at 145lbs anyway and maintain that for a while to see how I feel about myself. Who knows, maybe I will be totally happy there and that is where I will stay, if not I can always go back to doing what I am doing now and lose a few more. Oh the joys of a changing body! LOL. At least I am having to think of these things instead of worrying about health issues with my body.

Hope everyone is having an OP day.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #26  

Want2b- all week I have been getting, "the you have lost enough, when are you going to stop." Even our football coach said it to me today. I told him that I was done and am phasing off. Sometimes, I think, lost enough-compared to whom?

It is enough, because I am happy with my health and I think my upper body is getting too thin. But man, those thighs have not budged! And... Guess what? They ain't going anywhere
Old 06-03-2014, 06:38 AM   #27  

Good morning,

Have to say that I am enjoying Phase 3. Lots of energy to start the day.

Schenectady, any excuse to buy shoes is okay with me

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Everyone!

Slipfree- You're garden sounds like it is going to be beautiful! You've put so much work into it. You're probably carving out some nice muscles too. . Even though I have another week of P1, then a month of phasing off, I'm going to the P4 workshop at my clinic on Weds at the recommendation of my trainer. I think it will be good for me to see how the meals and typical days should look. I'm kind of nervous about reintroducing certain foods like dairy and wheat because I used to have acne before IP and wheat/dairy seemed to cause digestive issues for me. I'll need to do some research to minimize those items. I'm nervous about getting bloated and gassy and my skin breaking out again. I'll talk to my dr. about it if I can't figure it out.

Want2B- I feel the same way about my stomach, butt, and thighs, but I think a lot of it is extra skin, especially the stomach. My coach says it takes up to a year for the skin to rebound and regenerate. She and my doctor also encouraged me to start and exercise program for health purposes, but woth the added benefit of tightening up the areas I whine about being saggy.

schenectady & pishposh- Thanks for sharing your success!! You're both doing great! Welcome to our board!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by KookySuki; 06-03-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Going back to the gym for the first time in months. I do not work out really hard - just use the treadmill and recumbent bike for some cardio. We moved and I have finally found a place that is quiet and at comfortably at my level.

I may decide now to start some weight training. At my age, it is said to really make a difference in maintaining mobility in years to come. Besides, I have lots of extra skin that needs some muscles worked on underneath. I tried on some summer dresses with short sleeves and it threw me into a bit of a blue funk.

To reason that out, I remind myself that this was never an issue before ONLY because those arms were covered with fat! Fat plump arms do beat bat wings, but given the choice, I am going to work out and just look harder for dresses with slightly longer sleeves.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #30  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Love to see all of your size changes. You girls have done awesome. Inspires me so much. Wish I wouldn't have given up because I started with you all I could have been where you all are.
Closed Thread