Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #196  

Height: 5 '6

Thanks Slip and good morning! I've had family visiting all weekend and on Friday I cooked a turkey for my sister and bro-inlaw, my parents and an uncle and aunt... Turkey is so easy because first of all, I love it and then I just have a big salad. I have to admit that the stuffing and cream corn looked pretty good but I left it alone!!

Of course my parents are supportive of my weight loss so its not hard to have them here as they don't expect junk food when visiting... they eat pretty healthy anyway... have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Happy Easter or Passover! Today's an easy day for me food wise because I am staying home. We celebrate Easter on Palm Sunday, so we can have most of our extended family together. I am glad, because this is my last day of vacation and I get to relax!

I wish you strength and happiness as you navigate the holiday. Remember the satisfaction from the taste of food is fleeting.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #198  

Good evening Newbies!

Just made a delicious dinner! Pork tenderloin basted in Dijon with dill, garlic, tarragon, shallots and sea salt. sides: Sautéed mushrooms, roasted fennel and cucumbers with Evoo and cider vinegar. Best part, plenty leftover for tomorrow. Love when I get a break from cooking!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #199  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Good evening Newbies!

Just made a delicious dinner! Pork tenderloin basted in Dijon with dill, garlic, tarragon, shallots and sea salt. sides: Sautéed mushrooms, roasted fennel and cucumbers with Evoo and cider vinegar. Best part, plenty leftover for tomorrow. Love when I get a break from cooking!
mmmm, That sounds delish Slipfree, I've been slow cooking a roast and just put the vegis in... can't wait for it to be done... smells wonderful and yes... I look forward to the left overs
Old 04-21-2014, 12:27 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hiker: "You look AMAZING" never gets old! Enjoy the comments.

Slip: Dinner sounds delish!

Went to a friends house for Easter dinner, turkey and lots of veggies, so that was good. Actually glad to not have to cook and for the fact that I don't have any left overs, I LOVE turkey. Probably would have eaten too much tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:12 AM   #201  

Good morning,

Back to work today. Off to educate the youth hope that each of you had a great weekend and are on track for a OP week. Less than a month until my phase off start date!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #202  

I have to work today due to a major safety audit tomorrow but the staff has another day off... I will enjoy the peace and quiet without my phone ringing and constant traffic into my office with questions! It should be quite productive....

Last edited by Hiker88; 04-21-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone,

Hope you're all having a good OP day! Having myself a quiet reflection day. Got my pre-op testing and stuff done, and I met with the anesthesiologist this morning. I'll be having my surgery tomorrow, and I'll have either my hubby or best friend check in so that you guys know I'm ok. Hopefully by end of day tomorrow I'll be feeling up to posting online

to all who want them..

Oh, Slip, the clothes you gave me? all the tops fit now.. and I'm wearing one of the sweaters.. got LOTS of compliments too..
Old 04-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #204  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Morning everyone,

Hope you're all having a good OP day! Having myself a quiet reflection day. Got my pre-op testing and stuff done, and I met with the anesthesiologist this morning. I'll be having my surgery tomorrow, and I'll have either my hubby or best friend check in so that you guys know I'm ok. Hopefully by end of day tomorrow I'll be feeling up to posting online

to all who want them..

Oh, Slip, the clothes you gave me? all the tops fit now.. and I'm wearing one of the sweaters.. got LOTS of compliments too..
We will all be thinking of you!! So glad you have arranged for us to be updated!! I will be checking anxiously!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: Less then a month till you phase off, gave me goosebumps reading that. So happy for you.

Hiker: Did you have a quiet, productive day? I hope so.

Kawaii: Good luck and glad someone will keep us posted.

Worked this morning, off with my kids this afternoon! And the sun is shining! Got to love it.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #206  

Hi,

Kawaii, so glad that you are enjoying the clothes! We should not be wearing sweaters though .

Clothes are so perplexing! The size 10 shorts from American Eagle, 2 pairs fit, 2 longer pairs don't (by a lot). Irritating, because now I have to return them to the store.

Want2b, thanks! I am hoping for 10-15 pounds before the phase off is done. Thankfully, I have had a bit of a whoosh this past week. TOM currently so the numbers should be better next week. My goal is to fit in size 10 easily. (Except those AE skinny Bermudas, that is never going to happen for any girl with hips)
Enjoy your afternoon with your kids.

We never have the day after Easter off. Just not a tradition around here.

Hiker, good luck with the audit. Hope you got everything accomplished.

Pretty good day at school. Flew by fast. I am glad that dinner is pretty much ready to heat up. I am tired from going to bed late and getting up at the crack of dawn.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:42 PM   #207  

Can't sleep.. nervous about tomorrow morning. I desperately want a cocoa, but I've had all 3 packets today. I just "feel better" when I have warm liquids.. I might drink it anyways.. not like I'm going to be able to get my 3 packets in tomorrow! I guess I am a bit more nervous about tomorrow than I thought. I'll be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:30, and a friend is going to get in touch with Kooky and Slip.

Thanks all for being my friend.. feeling a big melancholy.. blargh..
Old 04-22-2014, 01:53 AM   #208  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Good luck tomorrow Kawaii! I'll be sending good vibes your way!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #209  

Good morning,

Thoughts and prayers going out to Kawaii! Soon you will be back at spin and Zumba class .

Everyone else have a wonderful OP day.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #210  

Hey all! Maddy here. Surgery went well. They were able to do it laparoscopically!!!!! I'll be home later tonight. Had an adverse reaction to the anesthesia. Got really nauseous, so I'll be drinking some Gatorade type stuff so long as its sugar free. The recovery nurses were amazing, they saw my weight loss total and asked if it was a typo.. Told them no, and one of the recovery nurses started to cry. It was a very touching moment. She went out of her way to find foods that were on my meal plan. Even on lots of meds,I remembered to ask about sugar, carbs, fats. Go me!

Hugs to all,
Maddy
Closed Thread