Old 04-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Hi Sunflower so good to hear from you. Looks like you are doing well. I have been yoying between 141 and 143 for the last 4 weeks. I dont know why but I am stuck. I needed to loose another 10lbs by my next goal doesnt look like its happening. I was told I am not eating enough so I am strictly following protocol now. The result so far is A 2LBS weight gain Urghhh! so frustrated. I have a wedding the weekend of May 10th and I am hoping to be in the 30's by then
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:13 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

My progress is slow too as most weeks I don't lose. But I eat off plan sometimes so I know why and I accept that. I know that with my "cheats" I will lose slower and I'm OK with that. To be honest with you I'm terrified I'll reach goal and not be able to maintain it til the wedding August 3rd so I don't mind losing it slow lol. Makes sense?

I don't really have any answers for you to be honest. Are you getting all your oils in? Sometimes eating fattier meats might help, steak, pork chops, instead of chicken all the time.

May 10th is a few weeks away so it's quite doable. Are you having a restricted every single day? maybe switch it up, have your IP foods at different times of the day perhaps? whatever you do, do not give up! I'm sure you'll feeling super skinny in your clothes these days.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #348  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
My progress is slow too as most weeks I don't lose. But I eat off plan sometimes so I know why and I accept that. I know that with my "cheats" I will lose slower and I'm OK with that. To be honest with you I'm terrified I'll reach goal and not be able to maintain it til the wedding August 3rd so I don't mind losing it slow lol. Makes sense?

I don't really have any answers for you to be honest. Are you getting all your oils in? Sometimes eating fattier meats might help, steak, pork chops, instead of chicken all the time.

May 10th is a few weeks away so it's quite doable. Are you having a restricted every single day? maybe switch it up, have your IP foods at different times of the day perhaps? whatever you do, do not give up! I'm sure you'll feeling super skinny in your clothes these days.
To be honest I am not taking any restricted items at all. This time around I am only doing unrestricted. Taking all my oils in and drinking plenty of fluids. I am going to stick to it for 4 more weeks. That is when the wedding time starts. I am hoping to drop at least a lbs a week. That would bring me into the 130's and would make me so so happy.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #349  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Hey guys,
I'm still around trying to get maintenance to work for me. I haven't been following any particular plan, just trying to make sensible choices and limit my snacking as I tend to lose control quickly.
I caught the flu on Monday so was out for a couple of days. Feeling better now, and skinnier, thankfully. I haven't weighed myself for a few weeks, but trying not to since I've been working out usually a minimum of 4 times a week and can tell I'm getting a lot stronger. My clothes don't fit much if any tighter, but my stomach isn't as flat as it was during IP. I think that's just me not digesting certain foods though.

kdspirited - any chance you're not eating enough and maybe if you added a restricted in it would kick up your weight loss? I know for some people they need to cut out the restricteds, for others they lose better when they have them. Just an idea.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #350  

Hi guys
I'm still plugging along myself. I had such a stressful week, started a new job and so much to learn! I was in training all week. This week I had some fruit for energy, half an apple a day and some raspberries, one night I had half a cup of brown rice with my salmon and brocoli. Scale shows almost 134this morning so it's working for me. I really needed the extra brain power this week.

kspirited I think knm is correct. I remember cutting back on restricteds and not losing at all. I felt very very hungry too. I would add them back.

Knm I'm so glad you're not weighing yourself every day anymore. That to me is a huge victory. If you're eating less and working out and not over indulging every single day, you have maintenance under control IMO. The scale is not always a true measure of success. I have decided to get to 130 and possibly phase off so I could have a couple months of working out. Haven't fully decided yet. My wedding is fast approaching though.

Not sure I've decided if I'm going to have a free extras this weekend, I have 3 dinners to attend starting tonight, but my WI is tomorrow, so I am going to be good. I might allow myself a treat on Saturday but honestly I'm on a momentum right now so may not do so....

Have a great weekend everyone. It's long weekend yay
Old 04-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #351  

Hey KNM and Sunflower

I had dropped restricted items a while back. I think I am immune to this diet. I stopped loosing weight a long time ago on this diet with restricted. so now I do this diet with just the unrestricted items. I was not taking enough before because my stomach had shrunk and I could not take the third packet after dinner. But a week ago I added it back and behold I gained 2lbs. So been here since march 24th. back and forth the same 2lbs.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #352  

are you taking your pills regularly? the weeks I take my pills it really makes a difference on the scale. I hardly took them this week and didn't lose. My scale stayed the same at home but up .6 at my coach's.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #353  

Not really their pills. But I am taking alternatives. Maybe I should take their pills. I thought those pills are to make sure you dont loose important minerals and also to make sure you dont get constipation. I dont have constipation and I am taking pills for mineral losses just not the ones they prescribed
Old 04-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #354  

Ok Ladies I have some good news the scale is moving again. I lost a pound this week and now I am at the last threshold of the 140's I cant wait to break free and be in the 130's. I am also 2 lbs away from loosing 15lbs. This is no small feat. It has been very slow and as a result very expensive but worth it. I still have a long way to go 20lbs but I am determined to make it happen. How is everyone doing? Sunflower how are you progressing? KNM?
Old 05-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Wow this was on page 5!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #356  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Ok Ladies I have some good news the scale is moving again. I lost a pound this week and now I am at the last threshold of the 140's I cant wait to break free and be in the 130's. I am also 2 lbs away from loosing 15lbs. This is no small feat. It has been very slow and as a result very expensive but worth it. I still have a long way to go 20lbs but I am determined to make it happen. How is everyone doing? Sunflower how are you progressing? KNM?
Hi kdspirited - looks like you broke into the 130'syou must be feeling awesome.

I'm doing OK myself. Not sticking to the plan 100% like I should. Had gained a lb back but last week lost .6 and this week .8.
So scale is moving down slowly. I've been busy with work so haven't been on here much. I have decided that being in the 120's is too low for me. I will be happy if I get to 130. Perhaps after phasing off I might lose another 5 lbs and get to 125 which would be ideal. I would like to have a 5 lb range for maintenance but prefer being at the lower end of 125. We'll see. I told my coach I'm giving myself until the end of June. Two months to get to 125-130 and I'm phasing off just before the wedding. I will do the two weeks of phase II and one week of Phase III. Let's see how the next couple of months go. I'm growing very very tired of shakes/bars and want to eat fruit again, I miss it so much. Everyone now and then I have a couple raspberries in my IP cereal to cut the sweet taste and it's so yummy. I miss my mangoes, watermelon, grapes, bananas etc etc

How is everyone else doing?
Old 05-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #357  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
Hi kdspirited - looks like you broke into the 130'syou must be feeling awesome.

I'm doing OK myself. Not sticking to the plan 100% like I should. Had gained a lb back but last week lost .6 and this week .8.
So scale is moving down slowly. I've been busy with work so haven't been on here much. I have decided that being in the 120's is too low for me. I will be happy if I get to 130. Perhaps after phasing off I might lose another 5 lbs and get to 125 which would be ideal. I would like to have a 5 lb range for maintenance but prefer being at the lower end of 125. We'll see. I told my coach I'm giving myself until the end of June. Two months to get to 125-130 and I'm phasing off just before the wedding. I will do the two weeks of phase II and one week of Phase III. Let's see how the next couple of months go. I'm growing very very tired of shakes/bars and want to eat fruit again, I miss it so much. Everyone now and then I have a couple raspberries in my IP cereal to cut the sweet taste and it's so yummy. I miss my mangoes, watermelon, grapes, bananas etc etc

How is everyone else doing?
I hear ya it took me forever to loose the 14 lbs which shows me that it will take me forever to loose the other 19lbs I have to go. This month is going to be tough for me I have so many events coming up. I have a wedding this weekend in Cali my birthday next week then I have a bachelorette party over memorial day weekend and lastly another wedding. I dont think I will be able to sustain being OP. I think I am better off phasing off for May give my body a break. I might stick with generally the same idea of eating healthy just not 100% OP and working out like a fiend. In the hopes that I can maintain and then get back to IP once all this stuff is over in June.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #358  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Hey guys,
I'm still around. Doing okay. I've gained about 7 lbs since going into maintenance. I was feeling really down in the dumps about this, but starting to feel better. I'm not going to do IP again, at least not now. I'm trying to focus on the whole "clean eating" thing.

This last week I've avoided almost all processed foods and although the scale was only down about a pound, I feel much better. Most of the recipes were just okay (seemed like some flavor or seasoning was missing), but I still always felt satisfied and had no cravings afterwards, which I usually do. I even had clean eating desert recipes and didn't make any until last night, and the only reason I made one last night was because I didn't want my pineapple to go bad, not because I was craving sweets.

I think I need to continue focusing on eating healthy, fresh food, especially since I'm not willing to give up my workouts right now. I'm not exactly happy with my weight, but I need to learn how to maintain rather than crash diet and then have no idea what to do with myself afterwards (basically what I've been doing for the last two years).

I'm hoping to stop by to see my coach today or tomorrow to have her measure me. I'm curious if I've gained any inches or if most of my weight gain can truly be attributed to gaining muscle and the glycogen storage.

Anyways, that's where I'm at right now. Not exactly a positive, upbeat post, but I'm finally moving in the right direction again!

kdspirited - did you decide to phase off for May? Only suggestion I can give if that's what you decided is to not look at it as a free month. Maybe look at it as you're still on IP, but doing P2 or P3, and then you're allowed ONE and only ONE cheat day a week, and even at that maybe your cheat can only be between 6:00pm to 10:00pm that day. Too many times during my IP journey have I "phased off" for a few events only to go way overboard and have to start all over again. Obviously you'll make your own decision, but I think if you go into it with some rules for yourself you might be more successful during your IP break! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Sunflower - although you haven't been 100%, at least you've managed to maintain, that in itself is an accomplishment, at least in my mind! You need to do what works for you. Maybe if you're not going to be 100% anyways, try to shake up the plan for the next two months. Have one small serving of fruit a day for a week and then remove it the next week. Maybe that will shock your body to start losing again? I'm sure the 100%-ers will totally disagree and maybe that's not the best plan, I have no idea, but I know some people just need to adjust the plan slightly for a week or for a few days even and then get back at it and the body starts losing again. What if you tried P3 for a week?
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #359  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Hey guys,
I'm still around. Doing okay. I've gained about 7 lbs since going into maintenance. I was feeling really down in the dumps about this, but starting to feel better. I'm not going to do IP again, at least not now. I'm trying to focus on the whole "clean eating" thing.

This last week I've avoided almost all processed foods and although the scale was only down about a pound, I feel much better. Most of the recipes were just okay (seemed like some flavor or seasoning was missing), but I still always felt satisfied and had no cravings afterwards, which I usually do. I even had clean eating desert recipes and didn't make any until last night, and the only reason I made one last night was because I didn't want my pineapple to go bad, not because I was craving sweets.

I think I need to continue focusing on eating healthy, fresh food, especially since I'm not willing to give up my workouts right now. I'm not exactly happy with my weight, but I need to learn how to maintain rather than crash diet and then have no idea what to do with myself afterwards (basically what I've been doing for the last two years).

I'm hoping to stop by to see my coach today or tomorrow to have her measure me. I'm curious if I've gained any inches or if most of my weight gain can truly be attributed to gaining muscle and the glycogen storage.

Anyways, that's where I'm at right now. Not exactly a positive, upbeat post, but I'm finally moving in the right direction again!

kdspirited - did you decide to phase off for May? Only suggestion I can give if that's what you decided is to not look at it as a free month. Maybe look at it as you're still on IP, but doing P2 or P3, and then you're allowed ONE and only ONE cheat day a week, and even at that maybe your cheat can only be between 6:00pm to 10:00pm that day. Too many times during my IP journey have I "phased off" for a few events only to go way overboard and have to start all over again. Obviously you'll make your own decision, but I think if you go into it with some rules for yourself you might be more successful during your IP break! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Sunflower - although you haven't been 100%, at least you've managed to maintain, that in itself is an accomplishment, at least in my mind! You need to do what works for you. Maybe if you're not going to be 100% anyways, try to shake up the plan for the next two months. Have one small serving of fruit a day for a week and then remove it the next week. Maybe that will shock your body to start losing again? I'm sure the 100%-ers will totally disagree and maybe that's not the best plan, I have no idea, but I know some people just need to adjust the plan slightly for a week or for a few days even and then get back at it and the body starts losing again. What if you tried P3 for a week?
Hi KNM

That is my biggest fear gaining this weight back. I have decided that I will not totally go off plan. I will not eat things like desserts and such but I will enjoy a cocktail or a glass of wine at the wedding and for my birthday. I will work out everyday. This will be an experiement of sorts. I am with you. I need to learn to maintain without IP and learn to change my habbits for life
Old 05-11-2014, 11:07 PM   #360  

Hi Guys
Just bumping this thread up.
I'm doing OK myself. Lost another 1 this week but home scale only shows .5
Getting sick of the diet daily...but realize more than ever that I can never eat the way I did before. I'm scared of gaining this week back. I like how I feel in my clothes these days.
KNM I eat a bit of fruit every day, either a few strawberries or half an apple. I find it gives me some energy that I need while working and it's better than having sugar in other forms.
I have to start walking. I feel sluggish these days. My wedding is only 2 and a half months away, getting anxious that I will not lose the weight I want in time. But honestly, at this point, I don't care. If I stay or get to 130 I'll be very happy with that.