Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:42 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Good Morning--

Sorry I have not written - didnt feel like it but was reading everyone's postings. It is nice because everyone keeps me going. It is great an d appreciated.

I am feeling better - I think I just felt BLAH with all the weird weather we have been having like most of you - hot cold snow rain, etc. I might have had a little bug or something. I also seem to get VERY cold as of late even in the house when the heat it is high. Guess the more weight we loose the more insulation is gone - just not use to that.

Had my WI today I lost 2 lbs so I am 203 and back to normal weight before cruise. I am very nervous about hitting under 200 as I have not been that for at least 10-15 yrs if not more. It might have been in college or high school. I am trying not to think about it because this would be my first BIG goal for me. Dont want to jinx it!

My tongue is back to bothering me again so we (drs, coaches, etc) can confirm it is the diet. It took me about a good 10 days for it to come back again while being on IP. It is annoying but I will live with it for now. My hair is also getting thin or coming out- I have thin hair anyways. I know the hair can happen on any low carb diet.

So my next step is maybe to do some sort of exercise. What are you all doing? Dont want to do anything crazy - I am sort of afraid of doing it cause I dont want to gain weight but I know if I do it will be muscle. I also know that weights will helps with flabbiness (Is this even a word?)

Sweetness--Sorry to hear what happened--maybe your blood pressure was low. My drs told me to start to watch out for that - you get dizzy, light headed etc. Hope you feel better

Slipfree-I LOVE IKEA but have had problems sometimes with delivery and stuff but their stuff is nice and not that expensive

Have a great day!!!!
In the ambulance my pressure was good and also in the emergency room. I don't know if it dropped at the moment.?!idk!?
Old 01-13-2014, 10:46 PM   #182  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Sweetness, I would be cautios/nervous for a while too. What about going to your Dr? They may do more testing to figure out why it happened.

Slipfree, you are so close to onderland!!! An NSV a month late is better than never!!LOL Got to love kids.

Lucciloce, as far as exercise goes, I am walking on the treadmill for 30 min and doing light weights, 3 times a week. Just taking it slow for now until I get used to it, or the weightloss slows, we will see but it does make me feel good.

I had a HUGE day today! LOL I went to another town with a couple of friends for shopping and lunch, stayed OP. I also got 2 pairs of jeans in a size 18!!!! I can't even remember how many years it has been since I was an 18! And I bought a sweater, size XL, I am out of the 2-3X!! Wow, still can't believe the clothes fit.
My doctor says everything looks good but wants me to change my diet and eat 6 times a day. I can't do that, I've been doing so well on this diet, this one actually works for me, but she said that I need more calories in my diet.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #183  

I've seen a lot of people posting about being cold. Be sure to get thyroid checked. Not just TSH but complete thyroid panel. Numbers shouldn't just be in normal range they should be optimal. A lot of docs discount thyroid changes as long as they're still in range.
IP affected my thyroid

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-13-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:53 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Sweetness, I think your doctor is saying that because she doesn't realize that when you're in ketosis you don't need as many calories because your body is converting fat into energy. Maybe you could get some literature on the diet from your coach that explains the low calorie approach? Or you might be able to do phase 2 instead? I would talk to both your coach and doctor about what you can do. I agree that eating 800-900 calories per day is low, but supposedly we're getting enough energy through the burning of fat for energy. Nutritionally, we're getting what we need through the plan & supplements. I know I'm not a doctor, but I'm thinking your doctor might need the literature on your diet.

Last edited by KookySuki; 01-13-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:54 PM   #185  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Want2bskinnyagain- we are both in Onederland already, next stop goal! Yay, for your NSV. So nice to buy smaller clothes. Glad you had such a fun OP day.

Sweetness, glad that the pain is lessening. Have you thought of adding another packet? I understand your fear.
Slipfree- I have thought about it and might do it cuz in the beginning of this protocol I was taking 2 restrictions and after doing research (which was last month) I started taking it the right way. I lost a lot of weight doing it the wrong way but I did not pass out. Hope it works, Pray for me 🙏
Old 01-14-2014, 06:54 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Sweetness: Scary stuff wow hope the additional restricted helps!!
Lisa: I am one that gets cold, my body temperature changes notably when I'm on this diet. Do you think its not normal and indicates something wrong?

I had weigh in yesterday, I love how you can control this diet I am aiming to loose about 2 to 2.5 a week instead of the 3 to 4 I was losing prior to surgery, so I'm eating more and yup lost 2.4 and 2.5 inches how's that for right on target

Everyone have a great Tuesday!!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Sweetness, I think your doctor is saying that because she doesn't realize that when you're in ketosis you don't need as many calories because your body is converting fat into energy. Maybe you could get some literature on the diet from your coach that explains the low calorie approach? Or you might be able to do phase 2 instead? I would talk to both your coach and doctor about what you can do. I agree that eating 800-900 calories per day is low, but supposedly we're getting enough energy through the burning of fat for energy. Nutritionally, we're getting what we need through the plan & supplements. I know I'm not a doctor, but I'm thinking your doctor might need the literature on your diet.
KookySuki, ur right. She doesn't know my diet in detail which is bad on my part.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #188  

It's not your fault. I would just fax or email her office some info on the diet and how it works and see if she's ok with it. Maybe adding the extra packet will help you feel better and will give you more calories to make the dr. comfortable.

Every day on that My Fitness Pal app it tells me I don't get enough calories when I usually get between 800-900 on IP. The app says I should get 1,200 in order to lose 2 lbs per week. The dr. is probably thinking IP is some kind of crash diet since the calories are low.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #189  

Quote:
It's not your fault. I would just fax or email her office some info on the diet and how it works and see if she's ok with it. Maybe adding the extra packet will help you feel better and will give you more calories to make the dr. comfortable.

Every day on that My Fitness Pal app it tells me I don't get enough calories when I usually get between 800-900 on IP. The app says I should get 1,200 in order to lose 2 lbs per week. The dr. is probably thinking IP is some kind of crash diet since the calories are low.
Yes that's exactly what she thinks! I will add the extra packet and see what happens cuz I gotta reach my goal! 😜
Old 01-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #190  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness0915 View Post
Yes that's exactly what she thinks! I will add the extra packet and see what happens cuz I gotta reach my goal! 😜
Hopefully you'll feel better with the extra packet and get your doctor's approval. Maybe you could look into a second opinion if you're not really close with this doctor. I'm by no means suggesting you ignore medical advice and I don't know your health history, but if you're in good health, I don't understand why the doctor wouldn't be ok with you continuing with P1 with the extra packet. P1 is strict and low calorie by design, but it's temporary and P2 & 3 phase you back into eating a healthy diet without relying on the packets as much.

Hope you get a resolution to this that is positive for your health and goals.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #191  

Quote:
Hopefully you'll feel better with the extra packet and get your doctor's approval. Maybe you could look into a second opinion if you're not really close with this doctor. I'm by no means suggesting you ignore medical advice and I don't know your health history, but if you're in good health, I don't understand why the doctor wouldn't be ok with you continuing with P1 with the extra packet. P1 is strict and low calorie by design, but it's temporary and P2 & 3 phase you back into eating a healthy diet without relying on the packets as much.

Hope you get a resolution to this that is positive for your health and goals.
Thank you so much KookySuki. Ur info are very helpful and I appreciate your concern. I am so great full for this blog because u guys are the only one that can understand what I'm going through physically, mentally, and emotionally. ❤️
Old 01-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness0915 View Post
Thank you so much KookySuki. Ur info are very helpful and I appreciate your concern. I am so great full for this blog because u guys are the only one that can understand what I'm going through physically, mentally, and emotionally. ❤️
Anytime...likewise! I would be really bummed if I had a doctor telling me to go off IP because I'm doing so well with it, but fortunately my doctor has an IP clinic in his office, so it was his idea that I go on it because my last blood work was showing insulin resistance & other weight related issues. Plus I weighed in at 244 at my physical, so he discussed with me that I needed to get the weight off or I would end up diabetic like both of my parents. This is the abbreviated version. He was very tactful and gentle talking to me about these issues.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Ok question for the gang--

Do any of you get the email and watch the IP videos with receipes and info? So sometimes I feel they use stuff that is not on the P1 list. So does anyone use baking powder, egg whites (besides using them for ur 8oz meal), I cant believe it is not butter, etc? Same goes for the cookbook-there is rack of lamb in there!

What do u use and has it helped, hurt, or been neutral for u? I am just wondering - no judging just curious. I bought I cant believe its not butter to spritz on stuff that is why I ask!

Last night I realized I am really getting sick of the lunch stuff mainly the soups--I think I am having a mid-life IP crash--does that make sense? I was whining to my husband how I want bread and I am sick of veggies and soup. I was venting and he just nods his head.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Luccilove, I personally feel "if it's not broke don't fix it" You have done so well so far so why would you want to change what you are doing? I think if you have been using other products from the start then keep using them, just my opinion.
As far as lunch goes have you tried looking up recipes for packets on 3FC? It is amazing what some people are doing with them. Or what about talking to your coach, they may have some ideas too.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:39 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Hi everyone,

Luccilove, I have used the extra egg whites and baking powder to make the zucchini muffins or mug cake. Have used the icbinb spray a couple of times on veggies. For lunch, I have a boiled egg, cup of veggies and a bit later my packet or restricted. Have not noticed any detrimental effects. Some people rave about the potato purée muffins.

Kooky, I admire your dr. For gently having that discussion with you. He provided the spark toward changing your life.

Sweetness, a reg. packet is prob. Better than a restricted. What has your coach said?

Kcdoe- congrats on your loss! I am cold too, but school this year has the temp. set lower, so I think that may play a part.

Kawaii, Hope that you had a good day.
Closed Thread