Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 01:09 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Thanks Kookysuki! I think my final goal is going to be 160. I just do not want to say it to people, because now I am getting the "don't lose too much more". Really depends on whether it is a struggle as the weight gets lower. I have a large frame(Swedish), so I am never going to be petite. I think I have told all of you before that my Dad is 6'5 and my mom is 5'2. On my Dad's side the girls are 6 feet. On my Mom's, no one is over 5'2. I am in the middle, also the only girl that struggles with weight. But.... Not for long!

It is so nice that the social part of the holiday is over. Time to settle in, catch up on the laundry, get creative with my dinners and watch some UCONN basketball.
That's funny because I'm part Swedish too and have a similar, solid frame, but unfortunately not the height that usually comes along with that heritage because my mom's side of the family is more Native American/Misc European decent. All of the women on my mom's side have struggled with weight at some time or another, as well as diabetes, PCOS. Because of the heavy diabetic tendencies in my family, I really need to maintain a slimmer figure, eat right, and exercise to avoid becoming diabetic like my mom, her two sisters, my grandma, and my dad too, who is diabetic due to his weight.

I have my goal tentatively set at 145 which is what I weighed when I started college in 2000. I'm just going to see how I look and feel and listen to my doctor about what my ultimate ideal weight should be.

It's funny how people make those comments about what they think you should weigh. I experience that sometimes, but I'm not to the point where anyone tells me to stop losing weight. Since I'm close to the 30 lbs point, I am getting compliments, but I don't think people are worried about me starving yet.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #47  

Height: 5'2

Slipfee - 16 lbs in one month?! Over Christmas?! You deserve a medal of honor buddy.

Kookysuki - ahh that 1lb will probably be gone by tomorrow. I felt bad about not being 100% over the holidays but I bet in past years I put on upwards of 10 lbs while being completely out of control with my eating. I have to consider that this year was a huge improvement. Small victories! And I have to ask - why no more black coffee???
Old 01-04-2014, 03:51 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Steph, I do not like black coffee. And I need and love coffee! My clinic allows 2 ounces of half and half and I use it (one ounce during the week days) I also use Torani no cal syrup. Lots of people try to cut out the sweet in life, that is not happening for me- long haul. I would be miserable.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #49  

Quote:
Steph, I do not like black coffee. And I need and love coffee! My clinic allows 2 ounces of half and half and I use it (one ounce during the week days) I also use Torani no cal syrup. Lots of people try to cut out the sweet in life, that is not happening for me- long haul. I would be miserable.
Is that 2 ounces per day of half & half? I would LOVE to have that instead of the skim milk in my coffee. Skim milk sucks in my opinion and has an off taste to it. Do you have to use fat free half and half?
Old 01-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Slipfee - 16 lbs in one month?! Over Christmas?! You deserve a medal of honor buddy.

Kookysuki - ahh that 1lb will probably be gone by tomorrow. I felt bad about not being 100% over the holidays but I bet in past years I put on upwards of 10 lbs while being completely out of control with my eating. I have to consider that this year was a huge improvement. Small victories! And I have to ask - why no more black coffee???
Thanks Steph...I think it should be gone soon, hopefully with a couple other lbs.

I am feeling some of the going back into ketosis/detox side effects today that I think you mentioned earlier this week. Feeling a little nauseous, low energy, and have a headache. I'm going to drink lot of water today and remember this side effect of cheating on IP. It always comes back to bite us even if we cheat just for a couple of meals.

We're back OP though and will be posting some good losses soon. I know it.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #51  

Real half and half. Fat free and reg. milk have more sugar. All coaches are different but I am sticking to this,until the scale stops moving.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #52  

Height: 5'2

Oh, hahaha. I have always taken my coffee black so no problems here on that front!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #53  

Quote:
Real half and half. Fat free and reg. milk have more sugar. All coaches are different but I am sticking to this,until the scale stops moving.
Woohoo! That makes me day! I always thought it was strange that a small amount of half & half wasn't allowed because it's lower carb than milk. I'm going to switch immediately. I just got a nice French press for Christmas and I was sad thinking about putting skim milk in my coffee. I don't mind 2% milk at all, but skim has a weird/offensive taste to it and doesn't blend well with the coffee. I'm going to copy your plan of using it instead until the scale stops moving.

According to Google 1 fl oz = 2 tbsps, so that's plenty. A little half and half goes a long way. Thanks Slipfree!! Another helpful tip to make this experience better.

Last edited by KookySuki; 01-04-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #54  

Glad that I made your life easier today. Are you on Pinterest? Weight No Longer had some great resources on there. Recipes, Before and After, inspirational quotes.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slipfree: Wow! Way to go with your weight loss. That is awesome, especially over Christmas. You are right, we are ALL going to rock those summer clothes!! Can't wait.

KookySuzi: I too have diabetics in my family and that scares me too. This is one of the main reasons I am doing this.

Stephascope: Don't beat yourself up over the holiday indulges, like you said you were so much better than other years and in the big picture that is what matters, improvements all the time, no matter how small make a big difference.

I agree with Slipfree, even once I get to goal, controling my weight is still going to be a constant battle. I have been on IP for 12wks and I could slip back into my old ways so easily. I don't like feeling like that but I don't think that is going to go away. I come here and read posts LOTS to keep my head in the game.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #56  

Want2bskinnyagain, you are almost in Onederland! Thanks for the support. The saying, "if you always do,what you always did, you will always get, what you always got." comes to mind about making permanent changes.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #57  

Quote:
Glad that I made your life easier today. Are you on Pinterest? Weight No Longer had some great resources on there. Recipes, Before and After, inspirational quotes.
Wow, there are a lot of recipes I want to try. I've been eating the same stuff a lot, so I need to switch things up. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:43 PM   #58  

wanttobeskinnyagain...you're doing great! Congrats on losing 35 lbs! I agree that reading these boards helps as a motivator to stay on track and the people are supportive and helpful.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/150

I would love to purchase the garlic and herb chips but I don't know where, my clinic doesn't have them and I have been asking them for it in a while. Help please?!?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #60  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness0915 View Post
I would love to purchase the garlic and herb chips but I don't know where, my clinic doesn't have them and I have been asking them for it in a while. Help please?!?
Everyone is out of them right now. Hoping to hear they are available again soon! I also hear they will be coming out with some new flavours. Its so great they are unrestricted!
Closed Thread