Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hey there,

Anybody out there? I can hear the echoes in here, lol. I am home on a snowy and freezing night. I may resort to watching the Christmas movies that I dvr- ed during the holidays. Hope you are warm and having some fun.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #32  

Height: 5'2

Well, it's official. First WI after the holidays and I'm up 1.8 lbs but down 1.5 inches. Bizarre. Next week will be better! Sat down with my coach and came up with a goal weight - it's 3 lbs lighter than what I initially thought it should be so I'll have to wrap my brain around that one. I'm glad we did that today - it's gotten me excited about the future. Sooo glad I started this program when I did. So many New Years starting feeling defeated - but not this year! Thanks for being here and listening to all my crazy rants! Love reading about all your journeys.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #33  

Steph, 1.8 isn't bad at all! I can retain that in water from morning to night Setting a final goal does make it seem like there is a light at the end of the Phase 1 tunnel. I totally agree about feeling positive going into 2014.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey OctoberNewbs... I'm back! Was horrific getting to work today, and due to anxiety issues my *super awesome amazing* husband drove me in, but since he was working from home, I didn't get back from my clients until just now... and she has no internet! I felt so disconnected from the world today..

Slipfree and I were talking just yesterday about brain games that go on. I spent most of yesterday feeling ravenously hungry and wanted to eat everything in sight..I didn't... which was a challenge considering I still have cookies, biscuits, 3 loaves of home made bread (and this is my waterloo... fresh baked bread that my daughter begged for for christmas/new year). It's sitting on the counter in all it's white bread glory.. unhealthy, and mocking me.. calling my name.. but I ignore it.. put my headphones on, come here and talk to other people who have similar craziness.. makes me feel SO much better.

I've been beating myself up about not tracking lately, and by not tracking, I mean not writing it all down. Once a week I measure all veggies into 1 cup baggies, and the meats are all prepackaged as 4,6, or 8 oz pieces before they are put in the freezer. Taking all my supplements, vitamins, and walking too (although I didn't do that today.. with the temperature sitting around -8 (with the windchill) where I was, there was no way that I could go out there.. but yet, I still stick with that *one thing* I'm not doing and saying I'm a failure.. enough's enough brain!!!

Does anyone else have stuff like this going on??
Old 01-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #35  

Kawaii, I do not write down my food. I do measure and weigh everything. I do check off what I have eaten in my head. I have not been very critical of my self this time around, I am just happy the weight is coming off! I am also grateful that I do not have any goodies in this house! The grocery store was temptation enough.

Tonight, I ordered some EAS carb advantage shakes from drugstore.com. I drink a rtd on the way to work every morning. At the clinic, the shakes are $5.00 a piece. The EAS ones are 4 for $6.99.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #36  

Kawaii - I am pretty good at tracking what I eat. I write it down in my journal and also have starting logging it in My Fitness Pal. It's an app for your phone that you may find easier to use?
Old 01-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #37  

Good morning everyone,

Off to weigh in. It is -6 degrees outside, yuck!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #38  

Good luck at your WI Slipfree! That 1.8 I was stressing about yesterday is already gone. Down 2.2 this morning on my scale - must have just been retaining water. Doh!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Good luck at your WI Slipfree! That 1.8 I was stressing about yesterday is already gone. Down 2.2 this morning on my scale - must have just been retaining water. Doh!
Steph, I knew that would happen. Yay!

Well, weigh in was great. 193.5. Have not been to the clinic in a month, so their number was 16 pounds. My average loss per week is 3.5 and I am happy with that. I have lost 30.5 inches from my body. Pretty cool! They have given me permission to come every three weeks, which is good because that should take me to goal on my current plan. Good day so far, even though I have this yucky cold.

Last edited by Slipfree; 01-04-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree ---

CONGRATS!!!!! Very proud of u!!! Cant wait to catch up to u!!! That is so amazing. You should be thrilled! What a great New Year for u! Look at all the hard work u have done--it has paid off!!

AMAZING
Old 01-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #41  

Thanks Luccilove! You will be with me in no time at all. We are in it- to win it! We are all going to look so cute ( handsome for Jig) in our summer clothes
Old 01-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Steph....good job on losing the holiday weight. I took a couple of days off (ate some junk food, but didn't have alcohol) and may have gained a lb (according to my home scale). Now I'm working to get myself back into ketosis and get some exercise this week like I resolved to do.

Slipfree...16 lbs is really great especially considering how busy you were for the holidays! Your progress and positive attitude is really inspiring. You're getting so close to your goal!

Kawaii, I admire you for being able to resist the temptation of having all of those carbs around. I don't know if I would be able to resist. I haven't been great about writing my food down lately, but I think that's ok as long as we're measuring out what we eat and completely following protocol. The one time I did find the food journal useful was when I noticed my weigh ins were not what I'd hoped. My doctor and I looked at what changed in my eating and were able to pinpoint some possible causes to the slowdown in weight loss.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Steph, I knew that would happen. Yay!

Well, weigh in was great. 193.5. Have not been to the clinic in a month, so their number was 16 pounds. My average loss per week is 3.5 and I am happy with that. I have lost 30.5 inches from my body. Pretty cool! They have given me permission to come every three weeks, which is good because that should take me to goal on my current plan. Good day so far, even though I have this yucky cold.
Slip,

WAHOO!!! 16lbs!!!! that's AWESOME!!! you're firmly entrenched in Onederland!

Glad you'll be able to go in and do the weigh ins with them, and get the support you need with us! I feel better having vented. I realized I was crazy making. I'm eating OP, I'm doing all the work, if I only put into my mouth what I weigh and measure, who cares if I don't write it down every single day. They told me that I have a "wonderful journal"... because I *was* writing everything down... I will start to pick it up again if I need to.. but since I spend all the time weighing everything, I don't need to be *perfect*...

Hope you feel better soon!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #44  

Thanks Kookysuki! I think my final goal is going to be 160. I just do not want to say it to people, because now I am getting the "don't lose too much more". Really depends on whether it is a struggle as the weight gets lower. I have a large frame(Swedish), so I am never going to be petite. I think I have told all of you before that my Dad is 6'5 and my mom is 5'2. On my Dad's side the girls are 6 feet. On my Mom's, no one is over 5'2. I am in the middle, also the only girl that struggles with weight. But.... Not for long!

It is so nice that the social part of the holiday is over. Time to settle in, catch up on the laundry, get creative with my dinners and watch some UCONN basketball.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #45  

Kawaii, There is no "perfect". The author, SARK- wrote a fantastic tidbit called "the good girlfriend must die" I will bring it when we meet up.

I am trying to make this fit with my real life- I am not going to drink black coffee for the rest of my life! I am not a writer down-er(I don't even keep a check book, I do it in my head) I like something sweet every day (thank goodness for restricteds) This is the reality of my life. No perfection, even a little messy. But I am doing my best to keep moving forward, as are each one of you.

There are going to be times of struggle, failure and despair. Those are going to be the defining moment for us. How will we react? Will we fall back into the cycle that we depended on for so long? My reaction is - Heck no! But many others have. That is why I have been on the thread so much, for me, knowledge is power and gives me control. Seeing so many re starters that have gained it back, scares me to my core. The reality is that I am going to have to make this a conscious choice every day for the rest of my life. So there really is no end, even if Phase 1 ends. It can feel a bit overwhelming, so I am taking a few deep breaths and moving forward anyway.
Closed Thread