Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Maddy so sorry for your loss.

I am having a bit up an upset stomach last night and today (Sat) I have picked up some bug. I have other things to be grateful for. I am having a great change a work that I am so thankful for, and I am down on the scale. A day of downhill skiing tomarrow with the 4 year old twins, as the weather in Manitoba has smartened up to -7.

My husband is being so supportive, made stir fry (3 times this week) with boc choy, celery, chicken and peppers, using the WF Asain stir fry sauce. I highly recommend this product for the vinegar taste disappears when cooking. Delish!

Last edited by dlr9774; 01-11-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Dlr- sorry that you have picked up a bug, but the rest of your post is great! Scale down positive job change, supportive husband and a day skiing with your kids, a whole bunch of nsv in one post. Congratulations on them all. Hope your stomach feels better soon.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Thank you everyone for all your support. I'm doing much better today. I made it through my emotional night and worked through my feelings with some very good conversation with a great friend . Had some good realizations while I was eating dinner that even though I was eating, it wasn't for comfort, or for solace, or anything else.. I stayed OP, didn't go for the kids snack cabinet or have any of the homemade bread in the freezer.. I did it.. I ate to fuel the body, and not to deaden my feelings.. that was an amazing NSV for me.

I love reading everyone's posts, and hope that tomorrow I'll be able to get some commentary in too!

Maddy
Old 01-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/150

Default Hey guys need ur HELP!

Yesterday when I was on my way to work (taking public transportation), I passed out. I don't know how it happened but I woke up on the ground and strange people around. The EMTs was asking questions and took me to nearest emergency room. I was in shock, scared, embarrassed and worried. After all the test that was ran on me, they told me that everything is good, blood pressure, sugar, heart, and catscan(due to me falling and hitting my head, I guess cuz it hurts) are all good and I know the results of the tests is due to IP. The question that kinda worries me is that the doctors couldn't tell what caused me to collapse. After telling them I'm on a diet, they told me to take it easy on it and I don't wanna cuz my wedding is this year and I have to see my fam and surprise them on how I look. What do you guys think I should do?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:50 AM   #155  

Oh Sweetness, so sorry to hear this news! You must have been so frightened. Hope the head improves quickly.

Questions:
What had you eaten prior to fainting?
Did you have water before you traveled?
Do you space your protein out throughout the day?
Have you been taking your salt, oil and supplements?
Have you been light headed before this?

I have been lightheaded on IP. Usually,when getting up quickly from sitting. I have a history of fainting (when I was younger), so I know the feeling. I put my head down and take some deep breaths. I mentioned this to my coach and she said salt and water are the key. I also make it a point to get up more slowly.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Oh Sweetness, so sorry to hear this news! You must have been so frightened. Hope the head improves quickly.

Questions:
What had you eaten prior to fainting?
Did you have water before you traveled?
Do you space your protein out throughout the day?
Have you been taking your salt, oil and supplements?
Have you been light headed before this?

I have been lightheaded on IP. Usually,when getting up quickly from sitting. I have a history of fainting (when I was younger), so I know the feeling. I put my head down and take some deep breaths. I mentioned this to my coach and she said salt and water are the key. I also make it a point to get up more slowly.
Thanks for hearing me out Slipfree, I did not drink or eat anything prior to leaving the house because it was 6am. I usually have my breakfast at 7:30 or 8:00am than lunch at 12pm, dinner at 5 and snack at 8. I take all my supplements everyday and I believe I'm taking enough salt. I have not felt light headed on the program and fainting is not common with me or family. I was. Terrified. Oh and I am not pregnant.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #157  

My IP coach says that you have to eat/drink within an hour of getting up. I am not a fan of this either, because I am not a morning person. I drink a ready to drink shake and 24 ounces of water before 7:15 am every day now. My fainting spells in the past had to do with low blood sugar levels. Do you end your day with a restricted?

Of course, I would hear you out, that what we are here for. There is an alternative IP version that your coach can tell you about for people with health concerns.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #158  

Quote:
My IP coach says that you have to eat/drink within an hour of getting up. I am not a fan of this either, because I am not a morning person. I drink a ready to drink shake and 24 ounces of water before 7:15 am every day now. My fainting spells in the past had to do with low blood sugar levels. Do you end your day with a restricted?

Of course, I would hear you out, that what we are here for. There is an alternative IP version that your coach can tell you about for people with health concerns.
❤️, aww thanks again, I love and trust u guys on here. I do end my day with a restricted (bar). I will talk with my coach about it on Monday.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:42 AM   #159  

Might be causing your blood sugar to spike and then drop low during the night.
Important thing is to listen to your Dr. and your coach.

Last edited by Slipfree; 01-12-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #160  

Quote:
Might be causing your blood sugar to spike and then drop low during the night.
Important thing is to listen to your Dr. and your coach.
It makes sense, and will do, thank you
Old 01-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Good Morning!

dlr-Hope you're feeling better! That's great your husband is chipping in a with the cooking and making you IP friendly meals.

Maddy, glad you're processing your feelings and getting some good support. It seems like not having food as a "friend" when I'm upset encourages me to seek healthier ways of dealing with my emotions like calling or emailing a friend.

Sweetness, I'm sorry to hear you passed out and had the ER visit. Glad everything was ok. It's probably a good time to review your food journal with your coach and/or doctor to make sure you're getting what you need nutritionally when you need it. I've been using the app MyFitnessPal which you can use instead of a paper food journal. It's pretty cool and it shows you the nutritional breakdown of what you're eating every day and week. It totals your protein, carbs, fats, vitamins, every day, so that would make it easy for a coach or doctor to review to see where you might be off nutritionally (if you are off). Hope you get some rest and get plenty of healthy foods and water today.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #162  

Quote:
Thanks Kooky.

The weather here is pouring rain, wind and fog. Got totally soaked when I went grocery shopping. So, since I am home tonight, I am cooking. Making the pork tenderloin basted in Dijon mustard and WF maple syrup topped with Herbs de Provence, purple cabbage with cider vin. and sautéed fresh spinach. Can you tell that I have had no veggies yet today?

Good news, the old chairs are gone and we are scheduled to get the new ones tomorrow! Will be so happy to have tall backed chairs to sit on in front of the fire. They will be my 60 pound reward. (15 before IP 45 on IP)

Hope all of you are having a wonderful OP day
Hope your dinner turned out well...sounds yummy! Was the cabbage raw with cider vinegar or did you make a vinagrette?

Yay for getting rid if the old chairs and the 60 lbs!

I hate cliches, but the one I kind of like is "in with the new, out with the old" because it feels so great to clean/purge things that aren't serving you anymore and replace them with happier and healthier things. This can apply with people too.

I'm jealous of your fire, but I'm glad you get to enjoy it, especially in your new chairs! I love my apartment, but it's the first place I've lived in many years that doesn't have a fireplace. The complex does have fire pits by the pool, so I should go sit by one of those sometime.

Also, please send some of your rain out this way...we have only had 3-4 small bouts of rain this winter, which is pretty scary. There has already been a pretty big fire in Big Sur, which is just south of where I live. Hopefully we get some rain and a lot of it in the next couple of months.

Last edited by KookySuki; 01-12-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #163  

Kooky, that dinner is delicious! No just IP okay, I would serve it to company and I am a foodie. I buy the red cabbage already chopped in a bag (lazy), sautée it in a small bit of garlic olive oil until softened and at the end add the cider vinegar. Yummy! But the pork loin is the best! I buy the little extra lean hormel pork loin, it makes about 2 servings. 3 if you have other protein during the day.

I am excited about the new chairs. Mainly getting them because my neck hurts and needs some support. Winters can get long in CT, end up spending a lot of time at home, so I am grateful for my cute little house and the fireplace. The weather is cooperating today, so the chair mission looks like a go!

I have a fire pit outside in the garden, I feel a bit like a caged bird during the winter. I am jealous of your weather, so take advantage of your outdoor firepit. Maybe you will meet a cute neighbor,lol.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #164  

Quote:
Kooky, that dinner is delicious! No just IP okay, I would serve it to company and I am a foodie. I buy the red cabbage already chopped in a bag (lazy), sautée it in a small bit of garlic olive oil until softened and at the end add the cider vinegar. Yummy! But the pork loin is the best! I buy the little extra lean hormel pork loin, it makes about 2 servings. 3 if you have other protein during the day.

I am excited about the new chairs. Mainly getting them because my neck hurts and needs some support. Winters can get long in CT, end up spending a lot of time at home, so I am grateful for my cute little house and the fireplace. The weather is cooperating today, so the chair mission looks like a go!

I have a fire pit outside in the garden, I feel a bit like a caged bird during the winter. I am jealous of your weather, so take advantage of your outdoor firepit. Maybe you will meet a cute neighbor,lol.
I'll have to try that meal when my mouth is fully healed. I'm not in any pain, but want to make sure I don't dislodge any of the surgical work that was done. These gum surgeries aren't that painful, but they are so expensive. I hope my periodontist is enjoying all of the money I've thrown his way. I think this was my last procedure, so let's hope this one heals and takes well, so that I can spend my money on more fun things.

You could be right about meeting a cute guy if I spend more time outside in my complex. Monterey has a large military population and there are also some grad schools here too, so there may be some cute, single guys in my complex....maybe. Lol. A lot of the guys seem to come here already married, but I have a lot of friends who managed to date and end up in happy relationships in this area. It seems daunting to me to enter the dating scene here because of the small population, but I need to be more optimistic/openminded.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Good Morning!

dlr-Hope you're feeling better! That's great your husband is chipping in a with the cooking and making you IP friendly meals.

Maddy, glad you're processing your feelings and getting some good support. It seems like not having food as a "friend" when I'm upset encourages me to seek healthier ways of dealing with my emotions like calling or emailing a friend.

Sweetness, I'm sorry to hear you passed out and had the ER visit. Glad everything was ok. It's probably a good time to review your food journal with your coach and/or doctor to make sure you're getting what you need nutritionally when you need it. I've been using the app MyFitnessPal which you can use instead of a paper food journal. It's pretty cool and it shows you the nutritional breakdown of what you're eating every day and week. It totals your protein, carbs, fats, vitamins, every day, so that would make it easy for a coach or doctor to review to see where you might be off nutritionally (if you are off). Hope you get some rest and get plenty of healthy foods and water today.
Thanks KookySuki, I just downloaded the app. I actually stopped writing in the journal cuz it was the same everyday but I'm gonna do it now.
Closed Thread