3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   November starts ? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289775-november-starts.html)

kpw30 11-22-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may1954 (Post 4888451)
I just tried it with spinach as I didn't have any Kale. I really liked the taste!
Thanks everyone for all the great ideas!

Are they crunchy?

may1954 11-22-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpw30 (Post 4888457)
Are they crunchy?


no, not after 15min. /300 degrees, but I put them back in for a few more minutes and they got crunchier...I'll try 20min next time. Plus I think I sprayed a little bit too much Olivio spray on them and they were a little soggy...so next time I'll measure the olive oil exactly or get olive oil spray.
All in all they still tasted good...better than just eating plain veggies to me.

kpw30 11-22-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may1954 (Post 4888460)
no, not after 15min. /300 degrees, but I put them back in for a few more minutes and they got crunchier...I'll try 20min next time. Plus I think I sprayed a little bit too much Olivio spray on them and they were a little soggy...so next time I'll measure the olive oil exactly or get olive oil spray.
All in all they still tasted good...better than just eating plain veggies to me.

Thanks. I'm going to do the kale chips first...hoping for some crunch :-)

calypso58 11-22-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may1954 (Post 4888460)
no, not after 15min. /300 degrees, but I put them back in for a few more minutes and they got crunchier...I'll try 20min next time. Plus I think I sprayed a little bit too much Olivio spray on them and they were a little soggy...so next time I'll measure the olive oil exactly or get olive oil spray.
All in all they still tasted good...better than just eating plain veggies to me.

I saw a recipe to just put 2 drops of olive oil in a bowl with 2 cups of spinach. I'm going to try it tonight for dinner. The kale was really crunchy.

may1954 11-22-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4888471)
I saw a recipe to just put 2 drops of olive oil in a bowl with 2 cups of spinach. I'm going to try it tonight for dinner. The kale was really crunchy.

uh oh...2 drops of olive oil? Ok, I definitely know why mine came out soggy now! Boy, I really need exact measurements...left up to my own estimate I am way off!!!!!

SkinnyChiz 11-22-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4888035)
Skinny,
How do you make these? Are you making them in a dehydrator?


I didn't even cook until I started this diet... probably why I need the diet... and I've spent more on cooking devices than I have on IP products ... lol

low in the oven, about 300 ....I keep checking them .
a little olive oil , your choice of spices on partchment paper.
and Voila!

calypso58 11-22-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyChiz (Post 4888589)
low in the oven, about 300 ....I keep checking them .
a little olive oil , your choice of spices on partchment paper.
and Voila!

Thanks! I tried turnip fries tonight based on your recommendation. They were awesome :carrot:

SkinnyChiz 11-22-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4888602)
Thanks! I tried turnip fries tonight based on your recommendation. They were awesome :carrot:

I know right life changing :)
Glad you enjoyed them !

kpw30 11-22-2013 10:43 PM

I tried the kale chips tonight based on everyone's tips...baked at 300 for exactly 15 minutes, little spritz of evoo on parchment paper. They were good! I over seasoned a little bit, and they were a little bitter (do you all remove the center rib?), but overall tasty and crispy. Thanks everyone!

calypso58 11-23-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpw30 (Post 4888625)
I tried the kale chips tonight based on everyone's tips...baked at 300 for exactly 15 minutes, little spritz of evoo on parchment paper. They were good! I over seasoned a little bit, and they were a little bitter (do you all remove the center rib?), but overall tasty and crispy. Thanks everyone!

Yes. Remove the center stalk. I think that is the bitter part.

kpw30 11-23-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4888654)
Yes. Remove the center stalk. I think that is the bitter part.

Thank you, I'll definitely do that next time I make them.

OohLexi 11-23-2013 10:21 AM

I've found that I really enjoy roasted cauliflower. That stuff is amazing, with just a little bit of lemon juice and some evoo. I also threw in some minced garlic.

Since trying the WF products.. I've fallen in looooove with the Honey BBQ sauce.. I could drink that. :P :carrot:

workingmom11 11-23-2013 03:30 PM

started on Tuesday and my couch texted me that she has to go out of town so I had to go buy more food since she wont be back for my WI- I talked her in to weighing me and after 3.5 days OP I lost 2.8lbs and 2". I am so excited I can wait to see what I lose next:)

calypso58 11-23-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by workingmom11 (Post 4888930)
started on Tuesday and my couch texted me that she has to go out of town so I had to go buy more food since she wont be back for my WI- I talked her in to weighing me and after 3.5 days OP I lost 2.8lbs and 2". I am so excited I can wait to see what I lose next:)

Congratulations workingmom! You are on your way! :carrot:

workingmom11 11-23-2013 07:36 PM

Thank you - These forums help alot too;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.



Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2