Old 02-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #46  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Hello all! I'm not in maintenance but I've been lurking and reading all of your posts (partly for info and partly cause ya'll make me laugh). Anyways, I've been wondering how well I will be able to maintain and I've come to the conclusion that maintenance is like backing up a trailer...When I first was learning to back up a truck and trailer, I thought I just had to aim the trailer straight and back up...it took me a few attempts to realize that you have to constantly make adjustments as you back up...it will never just go straight! So I expect that I will have to continue to weigh myself (I do it daily now anyways) and make corrections as needed (i.e. P1 days). Does that sound about right?

I also helps to look at your rear end often!
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Can't wait to hear this!

I have no clue what that sauce is your DH made but it sounds good!
My husband's version of Chimi churri sauce. Taste great with steak. I've added it to hamburg meat for hamburgers and used it as a dip for fried tofu. SO GOOD!!!

Apple cider vinegar
EVOO
Fresh garlic
Fresh Cilantro
Hot peppers (Serrano and jalapenos)
lemon juice (edit to add this)
Little bit of water to thin it out depending on how thin you want it (edit to add this)
salt and pepper to taste

(I'll edit when he gets back in the house with whatever else is in it and measurements...)

He has no idea how much of everything he uses. Well, he did use 9 cloves of garlic and it was A LOT!!!

Last edited by New Englander; 02-01-2013 at 05:13 PM.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
One of the problems with cooking with EVOO is the EV part. You typically pay lots more for the "extra virgin" which is the first squeeze and contains the most flavor. Then you heat it up in a pan and it starts to break down and you loose the special flavors that makes the extra virgin worth it's price. So if you are going to fry with it, don't bother buying the extra virgin quality, just buy regular ol' olive oil.

That being said, grape seed oil, which is OP, can get to much higher temperatures than olive oil and has some other qualities too that make it a better choice for frying. I think you use less of it as well as less of it gets absorbed into the food. So you might consider using grape seed oil instead of olive oil for frying, and save your EVOO for direct use on salads and such.

I have a big tub of coconut oil from when I had house guests. It is super expensive. Not sure why...
Oh, I watch Rachel Ray too much and automatically say EVOO...I do just use OO to fry my food. I will check out grape seed oil! Thanks I never looked into that.

Thanks for the great information!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi- Thanks so much for the encouragement! I was awful last night. I thought I had the house stripped of any temptations but it surprises me what I will stoop to. Like Oprah eating the hotdog buns with maple syrup. I feel like I need to go to a professional detox center. I've decided to go to my hide out - a bedroom in the basement that I'm supposed to be quilting in.
Determined - You are doing great! I know how tough it is to diet in grad school, especially when studying for tests. And the wine slide - Yep. That is what happens to me now. Happened last night! Have you ever tried your coffee with some of the vanilla RTD in it? That's what I've started doing. I definitely am a half and half girl too.
Healthy Angie - You had an exceptionally bad day! How is your eye?
Mrs.Kuby - yes, you've got it about maintenance. It's like back up a trailer - on a hill! I have never gone through all 4 phases - which may be my problem. When ever I got five lbs up, I would phase 1 or 2 for a little while. It worked for a year to a year and a half. Now I manged to get up 18 lbs up, which is 7 lbs over my original goal but 18 or 19 over the lowest I was able to get on IP. I'm a snug size 10 and I loved being a loose size 8 or 6. My DS is getting married in September and I want to be that low in time to get a nice mother of the groom dress. You'll find your way.
We are going into my bewitching hours now. Thanks again for the encouragement! Hope you all have a nice evening/weekend. I'm sure I'll be lurking tonight!
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #50  

Healthyangie I'll let you know what my coach says for sure and lets see how it compares to what you're doing!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays to plan!! I keep telling myself how I have done this before and I can do it again We have all built up a great momentum and shouldn't break it - we are worth getting back to our goals
xolina13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Deelee- hang in there girl! One day at a time! Yes, I have tried the vanilla rtd with coffee- worked very well for me the first time around- tastes change-so weird- I dint like it anymore. I do use the packets of the ideal protein vanilla or chocolate drink with coffee but really miss the half and half! You can do this- keep posting and just get through today.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Good morning Melissa

We are a balmy -9.2!!!! Such a change from -40

Today is my "weekend" as we work 4 - 10 hour days. Think I'll have to head to our local Rexall and see if they have any Protidiet products as some people have mentioned, but even though it is nicer outside I still want to hibernate
Same temp here today. It is such a relief when that bitter cold breaks you feel like you are on vacation!

Does Rexall sell protidiet? I have to order them online. I don't usually go to Rexall (well except to see the Oilers) so I am not sure what they have. It would be good if you do get some.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #53  

[QUOTE=

So my morning - skunk sprayed the front of my house - puking (oops- vomitting) and eyes watering, the neighbors dog chased the cat up a pine tree - I fell from 10 feet on to the ladder trying to save him - when I finally did, he scratched my eye ... my house smells - my animals all smell, I have a headache and my ribs are bruised .... Why can't we get "do over" mornings?

drive 'er today ladies and don't get those gitch in a bunch if something goes wrong - 'eh?[/QUOTE]

OMG!!! I won't say I hope the rest of your day went better, I hope the whole rest of your life goes better!!!.

All of that action plus the awful smell should have been enough to dislodge a few pounds, eh?

Last edited by patns; 02-01-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Same temp here today. It is such a relief when that bitter cold breaks you feel like you are on vacation!

Does Rexall sell protidiet? I have to order them online. I don't usually go to Rexall (well except to see the Oilers) so I am not sure what they have. It would be good if you do get some.
Hi Pat, I had planned to go by the Rexall but never did, can't really see them carrying anything but who knows.

Funny thing you mentioned about going to Rexall for the games, girlfriend of mine was heading through Edmonton once and said "holy cow that Rexall is huge" and then before realizing what came out of her mouth she realized it was the stadium - she felt pretty stupid... I thought it was rather amusing!
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 165/137.2/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolina13 View Post
Healthyangie I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays to plan!! I keep telling myself how I have done this before and I can do it again We have all built up a great momentum and shouldn't break it - we are worth getting back to our goals
xolina, I think you've just nailed it! I just love how you are always so positive, you keep me motivated!

Deelee, good for you for sticking it out and getting through it. Just think in a week from now how fantastic you're going to feel.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and for those Canucks out there, make sure to bundle up, keep warm and put your tuques on!
MelissaM39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Hi Pat, I had planned to go by the Rexall but never did, can't really see them carrying anything but who knows.

Funny thing you mentioned about going to Rexall for the games, girlfriend of mine was heading through Edmonton once and said "holy cow that Rexall is huge" and then before realizing what came out of her mouth she realized it was the stadium - she felt pretty stupid... I thought it was rather amusing!

Wait till she sees the new one they are planning. It will be a showstopper!

I life east of the city and work on the eastside and am usually not to keen to venture further in. But I am catsitting for my daughter and she lives right downtown. It has gone üp"to -3 so I will take a walk down to the Rexall on Jasper and let you know what I find.

Last edited by patns; 02-02-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi - I made it through last night! All the encouragement helped. Thank you all. Tonight we are supposed to go to our monthly card group. There is always a lot of great food. And a few food bullies. Quite honestly, I don't enjoy these people that much. Especially without wine. On the other hand - our social life does seem to be dwindling. And we stay up later. Diet wise, I really shouldn't go. I will bring a big green salad with chicken in it. Sigh...another hurdle. Hope everyone is doing well.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaM39 View Post
xolina,
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and for those Canucks out there, make sure to bundle up, keep warm and put your tuques on!
Will do, how many are wondering.... what the heck is a toque???
Old 02-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Wait till she sees the new one they are planning. It will be a showstopper!

I life east of the city and work on the eastside and am usually not to keen to venture further in. But I am catsitting for my daughter and she lives right downtown. It has gone üp"to -3 so I will take a walk down to the Rexall on Jasper and let you know what I find.
Hey sounds good! My daughter lives downtown as well
Old 02-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Hi - I made it through last night! All the encouragement helped. Thank you all. Tonight we are supposed to go to our monthly card group. There is always a lot of great food. And a few food bullies. Quite honestly, I don't enjoy these people that much. Especially without wine. On the other hand - our social life does seem to be dwindling. And we stay up later. Diet wise, I really shouldn't go. I will bring a big green salad with chicken in it. Sigh...another hurdle. Hope everyone is doing well.
Pre-planning definitely helps and it sounds like you are prepared. Bring out your frustrations on the card you are creating.... could be interesting