Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #271  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Lisa-- lucky you. I have never been sent home early for a snow day in years. There is a good possibility of another snow day tomorrow. I always think I'll get so much done but really don't. I had one kid say "I'll be back tomorrow, no matter what. My mom never lets me stay home. Not even when I'm really really sick". I had to bite my tongue as I have noticed that! His mom is home during the day, but he's a very..."busy"... boy LOL. That probably explains why I got nothing done today even though I only had 6 kids there.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #272  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Good afternoon everyone! Well, I am finally getting some of my medical issues figured out and THANK YOU to all of you who PMed me with concerns. You are amazing! I had a misdiagnosis and now I have a new doctor. I will probably have a hysterectomy in my future but for now I am on the pill AGAIN which my body doesn't like. Oh well. I did gain a few during my feel sorry for myself days and as soon as I started taking the pill but my new doctor approved me to go back onto phase 1. I am so relieved to be getting things figured out. I am on day 2 and feeling great. A friend of mine is starting IP tomorrow so I am excited to be going through this with her and able to help her. Sorry for my rambling. I am actually all caught up in classes and do not have any homework tonight so i thought I would check in versus lurk.
So glad they figured it out. So sorry about what you have been though

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Lisa-- lucky you. I have never been sent home early for a snow day in years. There is a good possibility of another snow day tomorrow. I always think I'll get so much done but really don't. I had one kid say "I'll be back tomorrow, no matter what. My mom never lets me stay home. Not even when I'm really really sick". I had to bite my tongue as I have noticed that! His mom is home during the day, but he's a very..."busy"... boy LOL. That probably explains why I got nothing done today even though I only had 6 kids there.
Ummm...I wasn't sent home, that was onmyway. It was an unseasonably warm 72 in St Louis today!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #273  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Good afternoon everyone! Well, I am finally getting some of my medical issues figured out and THANK YOU to all of you who PMed me with concerns. You are amazing! I had a misdiagnosis and now I have a new doctor. I will probably have a hysterectomy in my future but for now I am on the pill AGAIN which my body doesn't like. Oh well. I did gain a few during my feel sorry for myself days and as soon as I started taking the pill but my new doctor approved me to go back onto phase 1. I am so relieved to be getting things figured out. I am on day 2 and feeling great. A friend of mine is starting IP tomorrow so I am excited to be going through this with her and able to help her. Sorry for my rambling. I am actually all caught up in classes and do not have any homework tonight so i thought I would check in versus lurk.
HUGS Holly!!! I'm soooo glad they are sorting this out for you!!! Yeah that you're feeling better!!! Great job on the restart!!! glad you checked in, I was missing you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Good for you!!! I don't know if I would have been able to think that fast on my feet.

I hope you're happy...I snorted my coffee when I read the "panties on head" comment LOL
Awesome! I LOVE making people snort coffee.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #274  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Holly glad to see you back and that they figured out what was going on.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #275  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Starshine; I am so glad this new condo worked out for you. I always hate how hard it is to find somewhere to live when we have pets, My pets are my children, they are part of my family as I am sure so are yours. I am so glad for all of you
I just heard, and they changed their mind about me renting their condo. Now stressed, stressed, stressed. My pets have never done any damage to where I live, and when I move out, you'd never know a pet had ever lived there.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #276  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
I just heard, and they changed their mind about me renting their condo. Now stressed, stressed, stressed. My pets have never done any damage to where I live, and when I move out, you'd never know a pet had ever lived there.
Ugh. Sorry!
No stress! Just be methodical & you'll get it done. Overstressing won't help. You know what to do.
We have a long, sordid moving story that I won't get into but we've moved way too much the last several years.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #277  
Diane on track July 2014

NSV .... sort of. My wedding ring won't stay on. It's driving me nuts. This means my fingers are gettin' smaller (probably from all the typing on 3FC! -- just like Lisa's eyes are getting thinner too from the eye rolling! LOL...sorry, couldn't resist)

Probably don't want a new DH so I guess maybe I just get ring sized one day! LOL
Old 01-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #278  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone, it’s been a while since I’ve been able to check in here and I’ve missed you guys. Last weekend I was at my work conference and it went exceptionally well. 2 NSVs: 1. I didn’t drink even though there was lots of wine and other free cocktails around. At one point someone said I was boring and to go away (he was drunk) and other someone insisted on buying me a drink. I said you can but I won’t drink it – 9lbs from goal is way to close to screw it up now. 2. On the dessert buffet night (full on evening open bar / dessert extravaganza), I grabbed a bag of popcorn to carry around with me so no one would bug me about not eating anything. I offered it to others and used it for aromatherapy but didn’t have even one kernel. I knew the smell would be better than the taste.

After the conference I worked from my Mom’s place for a couple days while also attending family events leading up to my uncle’s funeral on Friday. I was tired and stressed about work and personal things so naturally I got sick again with a flu. I’m still suffering as of today but at least staying OP. Planning is the key. Saturday I got home late due to a 2 hour plane delay. I knew I would miss my planned dinner at home so I found a veggies tray in the airport, just had to throw out the carrots, and I had an emergency bar in my purse (I had my regular protein at lunch that day). I did end up with 2 restricteds in a day but that was a minor slip compared to the damage I could have done in the airport. Oh, found out that a co-worker and company VP was terminated the day before. Complete shock but goes with the territory of stress and insecurity currently at work.

I arrived home very late Saturday night so had a couple glasses of water and went quickly off to bed. Sunday morning woke up to frozen pipes (properly were frozen earlier in the week because of the extreme cold and lack of regular use in the house). My normal post-flight plan is to drink a ton of water all day to flush but I was scared of running of out of drinkable water and no bathroom to get rid of it! Thankfully it was all fixed by the afternoon but by then I was more than frazzled and had many loads of laundry to tackle. Monday morning was ready to face a day at work and my car wouldn’t start. Also frozen because I forgot to plug it in when I arrived home. I hate the cold!

That’s my news. I’ve tried to catch up on the 16 pages I was behind on in this thread. Sounds like a few ups and downs but overall everyone is doing well. So encouraging to have such a strong group of people to chat with. And some very funny comments too – laughter is good medicine.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #279  
Diane on track July 2014

WOW! You've had a busy go KitKat!! Congrats on staying OP! I love the "popcorn" idea so people wouldn't bug you.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #280  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ugh. Sorry!
No stress! Just be methodical & you'll get it done. Overstressing won't help. You know what to do.
We have a long, sordid moving story that I won't get into but we've moved way too much the last several years.
Thanks, Lisa. I so hope I can find a new place soon.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I am so sorry to here that. That was unfair to get your hopes up Try not to stress to much, just get to looking for a new home for all of you.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #282  

Quote:
Oh No!! Lisa`s right though. Stress and worry won`t get you anything but fluid retention! So try not to stress but that`s easier said than done. Thinking of you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
NSV .... sort of. My wedding ring won't stay on. It's driving me nuts. This means my fingers are gettin' smaller (probably from all the typing on 3FC! -- just like Lisa's eyes are getting thinner too from the eye rolling! LOL...sorry, couldn't resist)

Probably don't want a new DH so I guess maybe I just get ring sized one day! LOL
Mine either. It's been this way for a long time now, I've got it masking tape wrapped around the band to tighten it up. I need it adjusted but the local "rip off" jeweler wants $300!!! Geez Louise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Hi everyone, it’s been a while since I’ve been able to check in here and I’ve missed you guys. Last weekend I was at my work conference and it went exceptionally well. 2 NSVs: 1. I didn’t drink even though there was lots of wine and other free cocktails around. At one point someone said I was boring and to go away (he was drunk) and other someone insisted on buying me a drink. I said you can but I won’t drink it – 9lbs from goal is way to close to screw it up now. 2. On the dessert buffet night (full on evening open bar / dessert extravaganza), I grabbed a bag of popcorn to carry around with me so no one would bug me about not eating anything. I offered it to others and used it for aromatherapy but didn’t have even one kernel. I knew the smell would be better than the taste.

After the conference I worked from my Mom’s place for a couple days while also attending family events leading up to my uncle’s funeral on Friday. I was tired and stressed about work and personal things so naturally I got sick again with a flu. I’m still suffering as of today but at least staying OP. Planning is the key. Saturday I got home late due to a 2 hour plane delay. I knew I would miss my planned dinner at home so I found a veggies tray in the airport, just had to throw out the carrots, and I had an emergency bar in my purse (I had my regular protein at lunch that day). I did end up with 2 restricteds in a day but that was a minor slip compared to the damage I could have done in the airport. Oh, found out that a co-worker and company VP was terminated the day before. Complete shock but goes with the territory of stress and insecurity currently at work.

I arrived home very late Saturday night so had a couple glasses of water and went quickly off to bed. Sunday morning woke up to frozen pipes (properly were frozen earlier in the week because of the extreme cold and lack of regular use in the house). My normal post-flight plan is to drink a ton of water all day to flush but I was scared of running of out of drinkable water and no bathroom to get rid of it! Thankfully it was all fixed by the afternoon but by then I was more than frazzled and had many loads of laundry to tackle. Monday morning was ready to face a day at work and my car wouldn’t start. Also frozen because I forgot to plug it in when I arrived home. I hate the cold!

That’s my news. I’ve tried to catch up on the 16 pages I was behind on in this thread. Sounds like a few ups and downs but overall everyone is doing well. So encouraging to have such a strong group of people to chat with. And some very funny comments too – laughter is good medicine.
Glad you're back and have thawed out your pipes!! And WHOA on the popcorn!!! OMG that would be PURE TORTURE for me!!!! OMG OMG OMG! I could NEVER do that. Wowza. Popcorn is red light food for me FOR SURE! Good on ya dude though, but I'd just stick with my lemon water!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm with Mompattie on the popcorn. I do not think I could carry a bag around smelling it and not eat it. It was my favorite late night snack. I'm afraid of getting too close to it now!

Good for you. That's determination! and a great way to get people to back off!

Have a great day all.

I was hoping for a weather delay -but no such luck. In a teachers world that is the perfect combo - early closing - delayed opening the next day.

Thanks for the help updating my ticker.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #284  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Mine either. It's been this way for a long time now, I've got it masking tape wrapped around the band to tighten it up. I need it adjusted but the local "rip off" jeweler wants $300!!! Geez Louise!!
Somewhere I have some "ring sizers". They're thin metal and the ends have little clasps you fold around the ring edge. You set it inside your ring and then you don't have to use the masking tape! LOL

Look around if that interests you. If you can't find one, message me your address and I'll send you one if I can find 'em (now I'm on a mission!) Ithink I just bought them on ebay if you don't have them in a story btw if you want to try that route too
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #285  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
I was hoping for a weather delay -but no such luck. In a teachers world that is the perfect combo - early closing - delayed opening the next day.

Thanks for the help updating my ticker.
I was complimenting LISA on your lovely snowday yesterday! LOL I get another one today. Just not looking forward to the drive in to get there. It's too bad when busses cancel for unsafe driving, that they do not remember that the staff still has to drive there but I won't complain.

Have a good day all-- chat with you later. Car is de-iced so let the madness of the day begin!
Closed Thread