Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #1  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 7

Welcome to the Vol. 7 home of Fabulous at Fifty + !!
started by DanafromAustin

This is the place to share our thoughts, ideas, challenges, frustrations, and most importantly our joy of being 50+
LOVIN' LIFE and on IP. Welcome everyone!

Old 11-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

its getting close to that time again ladies...and since i will be away tomorrow and the weekend, thought i'd get a jump on the new thread

WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

WEIGHT ON MONDAY 11.26.2012 290.8
FINAL WEIGH IN: THURSDAY MORNING 11.29.2012 288.2

VITAMINS: yes yes yes
WATER: close to 80 ounces

WHAT I PLAN TO DO TO MAKE IT HAPPEN: stay focused, post, update my menu, pack my ip travel kit for the weekend!!

HOW SUCCESSFUL I WAS WITH MY PLAN TODAY: superb!!! 100% and on target!

posting in early because i am leaving tomorrow for the weekend...be back late sunday night!!

someone please volunteer to update the bootcamp board

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm actually getting to the point where my middle isn't bigger than my top. I'll post a pic update one of these days. I was gonna wait another month. Still have the same shirt but I bet It'll be the last pic in that shirt...

I'm sitting at my desk looking fondly at my wedding pics and can't wait til I'm THAT size (about 190) again but I was SQUEEZED into my dress. Someday that dress will be too big too! Hopefully by our 6th wedding anniversary on 7/7

Baby steps!
yes, baby steps add up!!!!! make sure you SAVE that top and just keep taking photos wearing it even as it falls off your shoulders!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

my mini bootcamp so far has yielded a 2.6 loss in 3 days!!!!!!!!!! and got me into a new decade!! yeah bootcamp!!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #5  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Congratulations Rainbow!!!! and I'm still chuckling at your poem! LOL

Lisa - nothing wrong with baby steps! You're doing great!

I've stayed OP today, but need to finish my supplements & water. I think my first P3 breakfast is going to be Peachy Bread Pudding (one of LizRR's recipes)!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #6  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Congratulations Rainbow!!!! and I'm still chuckling at your poem! LOL

Lisa - nothing wrong with baby steps! You're doing great!

I've stayed OP today, but need to finish my supplements & water. I think my first P3 breakfast is going to be Peachy Bread Pudding (one of LizRR's recipes)!
peaches...............................yummmmmmmmmm mmmmm
one day ....
Old 11-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

all packed for the family christmas party!! TSO 2morrow night and christmas presents on sat and church on sun....its gonna be an awesome weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #8  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Oops. Just posted in the old thread. Better close it down, Rainbow.

Molly
Old 11-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #9  
Feed Your Freedom

love u molly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
old thread now closed....thanks!!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Ok I admit it. I did not do so well today. Don't really know what happened but all my resolve went to h@@@ in a hand basket. And I am mad ar me. Ok tomorrow will be a new day. I'm over it TGIf for tomorrow! Got the grand boys starting at 3:30 tomorrow and a sick momma. Say a prayer for rhonduz pleazzzzzzzz!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #11  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Wow, yes, TFIG indeed, tomorrow. I probably did something silly tonight - if not off plan. I doused my beef and veggies with soy sauce, and my WI is tomorrow.... drink drink drink water!!! so I soak it all up for a day or two... ah well, it tasted great. I got my Wii today!! but it's going under the tree for Christmas. Still we had 14 days for returns, so wanted to make sure it worked it does.. I got to "box" for a few minutes just to make sure it worked. Got the ol' arm flaps going... I'll have to remember to wear my arm shapers! I'm excited about really getting to play with it.

Soooooo since Wii is Christmas... I may still get something special for the 100 lb mark (hopefully next week). Probably a bracelet I'm thinking.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Wow, yes, TFIG indeed, tomorrow. I probably did something silly tonight - if not off plan. I doused my beef and veggies with soy sauce, and my WI is tomorrow.... drink drink drink water!!! so I soak it all up for a day or two... ah well, it tasted great. I got my Wii today!! but it's going under the tree for Christmas. Still we had 14 days for returns, so wanted to make sure it worked it does.. I got to "box" for a few minutes just to make sure it worked. Got the ol' arm flaps going... I'll have to remember to wear my arm shapers! I'm excited about really getting to play with it.

Soooooo since Wii is Christmas... I may still get something special for the 100 lb mark (hopefully next week). Probably a bracelet I'm thinking.
Did you lose almost a100 pounds since June? That is amazing! You deserve a nice bracelet.
Good luck on the weigh-in
Old 11-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #13  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning Ladies! Congrats Rainbow on the 8's...Love the poem! Halfagain, you are amazing! Woo Hoo!

Weighed in last night at my brother's and I'm down 2.8 pounds for this week. I've passed my 1/2 way mark for pounds lost, to my first goal of 180! Five more to Onederland! I like the Boot Camp, revised version for me, keeps me accountable.

Have a wonderful day! We are supposed to hit 60 today...20 degrees two days ago and 60 today!

Last edited by AliKay; 11-30-2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Horrible spelling at 5am. :)
Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Rainbow, LOVE your poem! Wow - and wonderful chef AND a poet....aren't you the renaissance woman:-) As far as the shrinking boobs, my DAUGHTER walked into the house this week, gave me a hug and proceeded to make comments about my cute "mosquito bites" on my chest! Sweet, huh? LOL.

Well, I stayed OP yesterday, however, somewhere along the way, I totally forgot a packet. Even looking through what I posted yesterday, I didn't include a packet for lunch - and it wasn't until I was sitting at an LSU basketball game last night that I realized I had missed a packet. Mmmm - "menopausal moment" maybe? Grrrr.....

Today's menu:
Breakfast: 2 c coffee and IP RTU Vanilla Drink
Lunch : Cucumbers & IP Pina Colada Drink
Snack: IP Crispy Cereal Pancakes & Celestial Seasonings "Sugar Cookie" Tea
Dinner: (Going out for our 5 year dating anniversary, so not sure, but probably 8 oz filet and steamed veggies.) Going to be hard to resist one glass of wine to toast our anniversary - but am going to remain strong and order sparkling water with lemon!!!

Boyfriend has been so supportive of me in the endeavor, and tells everyone about my accomplishments, so I'm sure he'll be on board with me passing on the wine, even though we LOVE going to wine tastings and events.....but it will be there when I get to goal - and when my blood tests reveal drop in bp, glucose numbers and cholesterol!!!!!!

Have a happy Friday
Old 11-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
peaches...............................yummmmmmmmmm mmmmm
one day ....
Okay, we need to find a peach-flavored-sumthin-or-other!
Is there an alternative peachy drink?
Peach Mio? (the Mango-Peach tastes more like Mango to me. Haven't tried the Peach Tea yet. I'm a plain-unsweet tea girl so not sure about this one)

Ideas?
I can find subs for my other fav flavors: raspberry, strawberry (thanks WF) Blueberry, lemon, lime, cherry. But PEACH...<le sigh>....
I'm not even that big of an apple girl but I like the WF apple butter. WHERE's my peach? (remember "Where's the beef?") Oh my, I'm in a mood this morning...

Even tho I'm not to my next goal, I've started looking for my wii fit on ebay. With Christmas looming, I'm guessing prices will be going up. I'll get one when I find a good price & just keep it in a closet or the garage. It will get hooked up when I meet mini goal #4 (=205).

I took one of my (TWO!) exercise balls to work. I'm going to start using it for my desk chair, hoping I can increase core strength in this passive manner and start working on rehabbing my back. I have SI joint probs and I've been to PT for it in the past. I got into such bad shape through falls and injuries and then needing foot surgery and then recovery from foot surgery that the need for the exercises for the SI joint went on a back-burner. It is TIME to move forward with this. Back pain keeps holding me back. I can't even walk very far w/o back pain rearing its ugly head! grrrr

This is my first step toward adding some exercise back into my life. It amazes me that 5 years ago I was going to the gym every morning at 5 am (before my hip started hurting). How quickly we can go downhill

But now I'm headed up, up, up!!!

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-30-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Closed Thread