Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I am super nervous too! However, more than anything I just want my pants to feel good again, so if it means body shifting and not neccessarily scale shifting, I am ok with that. This is the first time since phasing off that I am really doing P1, like truly the way it was designed. Even my P1 days after a free day were not "true" P1 days. They usually involved no packets and usually included things like nuts and cheese.

But today is the end of Day 3, 100% OP. No added extras, just straight up P1 the way it was written. I am starting to get into ketosis, but not fully there yet. Hopefully by tomorrow because I am really struggling with hunger. Everything is going fine, but I am sick of being hungry!

I am also doing things a little different this time because of my schedule, so I am hoping that will not hinder me. The first time I did IP, I was working out in the evening and eating my restricted mid-afternoon. Now my schedule has changed, and I am working out in the morning (first thing) and eating my restricted at dinner.

Darbs- you have done so many OP days, and I can only imagine how frustrating it is. Have you ever looked into the Carb Sensitive Program? Their P1 is very similar to ours, but with (2) servings of nuts added a serving of fruit at breakfast. I had gotten to the point that I could use this style of day to lose, especially after a weekend that had gotten a little crazy. Maybe you could give this a try? It is kind of like a place between P1 and P3. Something to think about.

So 3 days down, I will check my weight on Saturday morning, as this will be my official weigh day.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello All! Just checking in as I plan to be posting again next week.
Some of you know that I've never truly decided on my goal. I phased off in June mostly because I knew I wouldn't be able to be faithfully OP over the summer and because I was plateauing. The plan is to come back for October to see what I can do. I've been pleased to be maintaining at 2 lbs over my goal all summer, and I have been pretty lenient with my diet and wine.
Sooo, push over please, make some room, I'm snuggling in with y'all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Thanks Darbs!

Hi everyone! After my first reboot (9 days 100%) I lost and am now only 4 over. I'm actually looking forward to my next one (after my 40th BD in Oct). I'm learning not to overdo my cheat days and to keep them to one per week! I feel more in control and am loving it!!! WOO HOO!!!

Happy Rebooting to everyone!!!
I'm hoping for a similar kick start! I love seeing names I recognize. You were one of the first people I ever 'talked' to on 3FC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I am on day 23 of phase 1 without a single cheat. I did have extra protein this weekend to make up for the hiking I did. The first 4-5 days I dropped about 6 pounds....but since then I have gone up .4 then down .6...then up .2 than down .4 then up 1.2....etc etc...I am exactly where I was 18 days ago....I have no explanation...mathematically it is impossible.

I am still 8 above my pre-summer weight which was 7 above my goal weight, which was 5 above my lowest weight...you get the picture...that is a possible 20 pounds to lose....so I should not be stalled like this.

I really just want the 8 to get me to my pre-summer weight and I will be happy.
Darbs.... here's hoping that the scale catches up with your effort soon! You know that you're doing what you should be... now your body just has to comply! Sending positive energy your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
I have been warned about 'swell h_ll' after surgery and I will take your advice and not weigh! The recovery is going to be hard but the results will be worth it.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. You are going to love your new body! I had a breast reduction several years ago and found the recovery to be easier than they had predicted. BTW, I still love that I had it done. I'm perkier now than I was during my 20's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Day 2 done. 100% OP. I am still hungry so even though it is barely 8 pm on the east coast, I am considering going to bed.

Hopefully tomorrow will be my last day of hunger. Usually by day 4 things start to turn around.
Jenny... you're reminding me of how much I'm going to hate the first 3 days.... wish I could blink and be on day 4 with you!

See you all next week!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #33  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Darbs. Sounds good. Give yourself a break. You have come a long way. Dieting, especially low carb, can be depressing. And the slowness in the loss can be very draining mentally. Maybe add some vitamin d to your days too, as the days get shorter.

Definitely keep in touch with us!

The morning my dh and I were discussing October-we are both supposed to be doing phase 1-me mainly to support him. He says to me, you, know, I'm happy at this weight, I feel good....he has dropped from about 270 to 240 and is pretty muscular, but he could definitely lose 20 more of belly fat!

And I am killing myself to lose 5 pounds...not sure how this perspective got so screwed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaM39 View Post
Momto2cs and Darbs, you're making me feel very nervous (lol)!! I was hoping to be done with my reboot in a couple of weeks, but now after reading your posts I'm afraid that it may take much longer!

Do both of you just track more than calories? I track calories and carbs. I discovered the first time around that I have a "magic" carb count (34-35) and if I stay in that range the scale drops, anything more than that and there's very little movement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Darbs- Hang in there! I was feeling the same exact way you described a few weeks ago. I am slowly feeling less anxious and emotional and irritated. I am not sure if I am feeling better because I have lose 17lbs since feeling my worst, or if it is the Welbutrin the Dr. put me on, or a combination. I started yoga last night, I am sore and look like a hot mess doing it, but I am going to keep it up. Hang in there. Do what works for you, go to phase 3 for a bit. You might still lose weekly in phase 3! This is a forever battle for us, we have to live a happy, healthy life no matter how we do it!
Quote:
Don't beat yourself up, Darbs... it's a long, hard road and you should be proud of how far you have come instead of focusing on where you want to get to. This is what I have been trying to do and seems to help.

I was really wanting to be 145 lbs before my surgery but here I sit at 155 lbs this morning and I think, I feel good, I look good, I am strong, I am healthy and I'm not going to make myself feel bad over a few pounds. Ultimately, the number on the scale does not define me!

HUGS!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I am in the same boat. I am 5 pounds above goal weight, I was 7. Phase 1 just doesn't seem to kick in this time. But I realized if I eat the way you just described I can lose about a half a pound a week. I'm not in ketosis but the carb monster has not come back full force.

So I will eat that way and realize at this lower weight I don't need to lose as quickly.

I think size 8 is tough with pants fitting because many brands are small 6-8 and medium 10-12s. So with a bit of a gain at size 8 I am between sizes. I cheated and bought some 8s with elastic waists, helps too with the mad rush to the bathroom as I travel from school to school each day.

So lets work on that eating plan and aim for about a half pound to 1 pound a week.
Actually I am a little stoked today because I went out to dinner last night and chose carefully and am down a smidge today. So I'm thinking my body has adjusted to super low cal and doesn't want to budge so I need a bit more and am planning about the amount you suggested.

Let's keep on keeping on! '
Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I am super nervous too! However, more than anything I just want my pants to feel good again, so if it means body shifting and not neccessarily scale shifting, I am ok with that. This is the first time since phasing off that I am really doing P1, like truly the way it was designed. Even my P1 days after a free day were not "true" P1 days. They usually involved no packets and usually included things like nuts and cheese.

But today is the end of Day 3, 100% OP. No added extras, just straight up P1 the way it was written. I am starting to get into ketosis, but not fully there yet. Hopefully by tomorrow because I am really struggling with hunger. Everything is going fine, but I am sick of being hungry!

I am also doing things a little different this time because of my schedule, so I am hoping that will not hinder me. The first time I did IP, I was working out in the evening and eating my restricted mid-afternoon. Now my schedule has changed, and I am working out in the morning (first thing) and eating my restricted at dinner.

Darbs- you have done so many OP days, and I can only imagine how frustrating it is. Have you ever looked into the Carb Sensitive Program? Their P1 is very similar to ours, but with (2) servings of nuts added a serving of fruit at breakfast. I had gotten to the point that I could use this style of day to lose, especially after a weekend that had gotten a little crazy. Maybe you could give this a try? It is kind of like a place between P1 and P3. Something to think about.

So 3 days down, I will check my weight on Saturday morning, as this will be my official weigh day.
As Jenny said this is the first time since I originally phased off (17 months ago) that I followed phase 1 perfect 100%...not a bite, lick, or taste. That scale would not budge, but the last 2-3 days everyone has been dropping compliments..."go away eat it, you've got room to spare you look so great" and "you must be back to your low, you look awesome".....but I am 20 pounds above my low.....I gained about 4-5 from my low when I originally phased off, but that put me right at goal weight...so I am 15 above my goal weight. My plan is to do more cardio and to eat phase 2/3 with no packets and to have an off night once a week. I will still be here daily or every other to check in with you ladies....working on my third year on this site...it has helped me stay focused....

Most of all...I weigh 63 pounds less than I did 2 and a half years ago!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/137.2/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Most of all...I weigh 63 pounds less than I did 2 and a half years ago!
Darbs, you should be very proud of your accomplishments and even though you are frustrated/disappointed, you have done an amazing job!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #35  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Darbs, you should be very proud of your accomplishments and even though you are frustrated/disappointed, you have done an amazing job!

I agree!!!

When I feel down about not reaching my ultimate goal of losing 100 lbs, my husband reminds me that I have lost close to 90 lbs since my heaviest and that is something to be proud about!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Hello All! Just checking in as I plan to be posting again next week.
Some of you know that I've never truly decided on my goal. I phased off in June mostly because I knew I wouldn't be able to be faithfully OP over the summer and because I was plateauing. The plan is to come back for October to see what I can do. I've been pleased to be maintaining at 2 lbs over my goal all summer, and I have been pretty lenient with my diet and wine.
Sooo, push over please, make some room, I'm snuggling in with y'all.

I'm hoping for a similar kick start! I love seeing names I recognize. You were one of the first people I ever 'talked' to on 3FC!
hi! Nice to "see" you again! Maintaining at 2 lbs over is great! I'm currently 4/5 over. I did my reboot but got off too soon, but it was for an event I had planned.

There's plenty of room for ya in here!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #37  

Quote:
Quote:
I agree!!!

When I feel down about not reaching my ultimate goal of losing 100 lbs, my husband reminds me that I have lost close to 90 lbs since my heaviest and that is something to be proud about!

Thanks ladies....I have spent four weeks talking so negative to myself....I had to snap out of it.

I ate 1628 calories yesterday.....SCALE DOWN 1 POUND TODAY

I am in such a great mood...been a few weeks coming.!

here is my eating plan for 80% of the time:

eggs and a small portion of meat for breakfast or maybe a high fiber english muffin thingie

salad with chicken and low-cal/low-carb yogurt dressing

meat and veggie with 1/2 serving of high fiber carb with dinner and also some cheese or such (I will limit the amount of fat and carb I combine)

snacks: dark chocolate (just one square), nuts (measured), greek yogurt, berries, or a bar (no fake sugar)

One night a week....if I am faithful all week....and stay with in my calorie count....I will enjoy some wine and a "heavier" meal out...nothing over the top.

I am hoping to drop 10 pounds by Thanksgiving.

Let's see.

Do you mind if I still use this daily....it really helps?

Have a great day all
Old 09-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #38  

Of course not! It's your thread!

Day 4 and the hunger is subsiding. Thank goodness! I am anxious to check the scale, but am trying to hold off until Saturday. I am hoping I can at least be back down in the 130's. I think I will mentally feel better to get out of the 140's, which is quite far over my ceiling. Although the one thing I am not really looking forward to is my first weekend being OP. It has been a LONG time. But I am starting to feel over the hump, so not wanting to get kicked out of ketosis should be a pretty good motivator.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

We are all extremely self critical. I know I obsess more now than I did at 180 pounds. Insane.

I was actually looking at cookies the other day and thinking maybe I would never eat one again...not sure that is reasonable!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #40  

True that momto2. I am so self critical now. I beat myself up over a few pounds on a regular basis. Now, I am rebooting and my pants are tight, so there is some justification these days, but in maintenance, I would go crazy over 6/10 of pound! It would ruin my day! Nuts.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Darbs
I'm hoping your revised diet works-I would much prefer that to my current stare!

I'm going to a fancy event Saturday. If I can ever figure out pics I will post one!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
I'm going to a fancy event Saturday. If I can ever figure out pics I will post one!
If you go to tinypic dot com (NOT tinypicS with an S), you can upload a picture to that site and it will give you a bulletin board code to paste here. Just because I want to see pictures!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #43  

Quote:
Darbs
I'm hoping your revised diet works-I would much prefer that to my current stare!

Scale is dropping now...2 days in a row...yesterday around 1400 calories

My fitness pall says 1650 calories a day to lose 1 pound a week (no exercise in the equation)
Old 09-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Scale is dropping now...2 days in a row...yesterday around 1400 calories

My fitness pall says 1650 calories a day to lose 1 pound a week (no exercise in the equation)
Your body must have been in starvation mode. Glad to hear the increase in calories has got the scale moving again!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #45  

4 days down! Perfectly OP. Finally hitting ketosis, thank goodness. I am anxious to weigh in tomorrow.

Darbs- that is so great that the scale is moving again! I am so happy for you! Sometimes you need to shake things up.
Closed Thread