Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Hi -
I'm back. I need to lose about 18 lbs. I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder 5 weeks ago. The first time I did IP was 1 1/2 year ago after I had surgery on my left rotator cuff. It was helpful because I had cleared my schedule of all social obligations and hibernated for the first six weeks. This time, about a week after my surgery my mother came down with pneumonia and had to be moved to the nursing care section in the retirement community my parents live in. They both have Alzheimers to a certain extent. My dad can't remember where she is, can't seem to find her room on his own, yada,yada. I won't bore you with all the details but I have had to be there a lot and it has been very stressful. DM is doing a lot better. My shoulder seems more sore for a longer period of time than I remember from last time. I know it is not an ideal time to get back on plan but I really have to. Lately, I've come to enjoy a glass of wine (or two!) every evening with my DH. Between the empty nest and crazy, unhappy parents, I really just want to escape reality now. Sigh. I know seeing the needle on the scale go down will perk me up. I just have to bite the bullet for a couple of days and do it! I never thought giving up the glass of wine would be hard for me. Oops. I probably wasn't supposed to mention that on this site. Sorry. I won't do it again. I came back here to have my *ss kicked - again! Hope you are all doing well!
So sorry to hear about your folks. I'm totally with you on the wine tho.... DH and I are recent empty nesters and open an bottle almost nightly with the awesome gourmet, but mostly healthy meals we're cooking now that our finicky daughters have moved out. I came here a week ago planning to go P1 until Thanksgiving... but am checking in a week later to confess that I still haven't gone P1 yet. A big part of that is wine, (I should probably be more embarrassed than I am to admit.)

Capricious: I miss a personal photo. You are so gorgeous and I liked seeing your face while I read your quotes. I agree that if you're focused and work hard... good things will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post

My grand plans for October have deteriorated. But now that the holiday is done I am re committing to a stricter October! I feel like a broken record...
I hear ya... (see above) Let's jump in together!! Ready... set.... GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I am going 100%...bought all the supplements (spent 190 bucks). Using the meal journal from my coach. Going to give it 2 weeks and see what happens. I will be updating daily.
You too Darbs... get on the edge with Momto2Cs and me and let's get back into it. (Mostly just trying to get myself psyched here... but if you'll help get me motivated, that's great!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Does anyone track using myfitnesspal?

I use myfatsecret to track both food and exercise. (However, not religiously recently.)
Old 10-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Had my first official IP weigh in today. Very happy with my results. I've gone down another 5 so I am at 154. 9 pounds above goal, 14 above where I really liked being. Happy to be heading in the right direction.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Yay cap! Sounds great. I always wanted to get down to 140, but those last 5 pounds never seemed to want to budge!

Day 1 for the millionth time done again! I might just need to embrace 150 and forget about it, but I will give it a few more weeks to really see!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #124  

Yay cap! Sounds great. I always wanted to get down to 140, but those last 5 pounds never seemed to want to budge!

Day 1 for the millionth time done again! I might just need to embrace 150 and forget about it, but I will give it a few more weeks to really see!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #125  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

You too Darbs... get on the edge with Momto2Cs and me and let's get back into it. (Mostly just trying to get myself psyched here... but if you'll help get me motivated, that's great!)

I am on board 100%. I almost settled at this weight. I am starting month 18 since I reached my goal weight...over the course of the first 12 months I settled with an extra 5-6 pounds and didn't worry much about it because it was easy to maintain. Then when I gained the 10 in June and never lost it (but also never gained more)...I thought I would lose it in September with alternatives...then they didn't work...so I thought oh well...I will just live with this size/weight....a 10 (and some of those were tight). Then it hit me...NO FREAKIN WAY!

I went to my clinic yesterday and got all the supplements, journals, food, etc.

Today down 2.8 pounds from yesterday morning (although...only down .8 from where I was maintaining)...was up a couple from weekend wine.

Yes, empty nest has led to gourmet fun cooking with drinks for the hubby and I.

Ready to get this done.

Sorry have to run...lunch over...students arriving

have ketosis info to tell you all.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #126  

Sounds good. Are you sure you want to weigh every day?? It's too mentally challenging when you are trying to lose!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Well I'm on day two, yesterday I was 100% until the evening when my dh cut up the big block of Jalapeno Havarti from Costco and I had a few small slices. So far so good with today and hope to keep it up, making turkey soup for supper less the carrots - should be ok
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Today is a happy day. I didn't fall down in Zumba!! Didn't even feel dizzy... woooohooo!
Darbs- it's so funny what we'll talk ourselves into. Good for you for jumping on it!!
Thin4me- it is much harder to stay motivated closer to goal. Good luck with today- you can do it!
Thanks for the props mom2cs. I am itching to get out of the 150's to be honest. Don't want to be because typically the more you want something the longer the fates seem to dangle it overhead but I'm hoping 2 weeks will leave me on the other side.
Dakin- thank you for the compliment. I will add a personal pic again when I download some newer photos from my phone... Have you started rebooting?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

[QUOTE=capricious;4494082]Thin4me- it is much harder to stay motivated closer to goal. Good luck with today- you can do it!
QUOTE]

Thanks! Any suggestions to make a 100% op turkey soup? Thinking turkey, onions, celery, but not sure what else....
Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #130  

Diced turnip or rutabaga
Old 10-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hi Ladies! Still plugging along in P1, although I am a bit discouraged because I did my "mid-week check" and I am the same as I was on Saturday. I know, we have all been through it and I have to give it time, yada yada yada. I know all that. But it still doesn't stop me from feeling defeated by the scale. It is all just a head game, but there really is something about seeing the scale move.

I have committed to at least 3 more weeks on P1, just ordered a bunch of IP products. So, hopefully if the scale doesn't move this week, it will start moving again next week. I at least feel better because my clothes are fitting pretty normal again, which was truly the catalyst for my going back on P1. But it is nice to be rewarded with pounds lost. I shouldn't get ahead of myself, my true WI isn't until Saturday. But it is a bummer when you see the same weight as 4 days ago.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

have ketosis info to tell you all.[/QUOTE]

Don't keep us in suspense any longer!! Can't wait to hear this info!

Last edited by Minch; 10-10-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #133  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Oh sorry...no biggie...but as you all know I went into ketosis the beginning of September (around the 7th). I was in ketosis the whole month using alternatives and then calorie/carb counting and lost nothing. I cheated on September 29th and then went back to calorie/carb counting (but ate whole grains once a day)...then I cheated with extra carbs this past weekend....

well when I went to my clinic on Tuesday and got my foods I started right away and felt in ketosis....by the end of the day I knew I was...no hunger, breath, urine smell, taste in mouth, no headaches.....crazy

but I am convinced I must have never gotten out (probably the highest net carbs I ever hit was around 60).

So crazy, but anyways

I had to hop on and off the scale 4 times this morning and have my husband check it...down 3 pounds that is a total of 5.8 in 2 days.

I do have 15 more to get to where I want so it should be coming off quick. Not sure if it is the IP foods or that I stopped the Seasonale...oh well...love it...lowest number I have seen since June.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #134  

That's great darbs
After 2 days of phase 1 I am up 1.5 pounds. I have had 2 days of pretty intense workouts, so I assume some is water retention, but really! Plus, I have 3 more hard gym days planned, so if that's it I may just be floating above 150 for a while.

I will try to stay off the scale again until next week. I have my size 4 "gal pants" to measure by and they are still too tight to wear comfortably!

I find it now only ever takes me a day or 2 to get back in ketosis. I always try to keep carbs to a minimum, and I work out intensely enough that I would be suprised if much glycogen can be stored...

Today I have a tough morning bootcamp, and will then head in to work for a few hours to bank some time as my kids nanny is taking a 3 month leave starting next week and I will be trying to work around our terrible school schedule.

Barring unforeseen events I will Zumba tonight as one kis had dodgeball and I will be at the gym anyway!

It's days like today that I struggle with being hungry. I much prefer an evening workout! I have an extra salad packed in case of emergencies!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Darbs- it is probably a combination of both. That is such awesome news about the scale! It feels so good when you see it moving in the right direction, doesn't it?

I am still plugging along trying to get some scale movement by Saturday (official WI). My clothes are feeling so much better, so I am not too worked up about the scale not budging this week, but it is such a great reward after being on P1 all week
Closed Thread