Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Yay!!!!!

And WOO HOO to all the WI's and missing pounds today!

Bella- I am so sorry for your fiance. My husband has been on the job loss train more than once - to the point where we finally sucked it up and had him go back to school full time to finish his degree (instead of working jobs that don't do anything for him and leave him wanting). You will get through it, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

I'll add my own WOO HOO for my weigh in today - 3.6 pounds gone forever, and it took 3.75 inches with it! We tallied up my total inches lost and it was 17 inches in 8 weeks. So amazing. It means I'll have to wait one more week before adding a pretty to my wrist..BUUUUUT it means I now reside in

ONEDERLAND!!!!
ONEDERFUL!!! You should be sooooooo proud!!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Hi IP'ers! It has been quite some time since I checked in. The last month has been horrible for my family; we learned early August that my youngest son may have a debilitating and fatal condition and of course, our lives went into total chaos. We found out earlier this month that while my baby does have something that requires further testing, the doctors don't think it is fatal or debilitating. I am so thankful. I know we will handle whatever comes up.

I am swamped at work and procrastinating and came on here and wanted to comment to Karen71 who asked about whether stress or lack of sleep slows down weight loss. I know it did for me. My losses were minimal during these past weeks where stress was at an all time high for me. I didn't cheat at all (meaning I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to), but I also didn't always eat all my packets, protein and/or veggies, take all my vitamins and didn't drink all my water. I was sleeping very little as well. I know something was wrong with my body - I didn't get my TOM either - just a little bit of spotting one day, then poof nothing. Honestly, I don't know how I managed to not run to my comfort foods, but really, I was not hungry. I was just constantly worried and stressed that I didn't register hunger or fatigue. You would think that I would have lost more weight since my intake was so little, but nope. I had 3 weeks where I didn't lose anything. Once we got our good news, I literally felt my body relax; and when I started to focus on myself and what I was eating, slept better,etc., I lost weight.

Just wanted to share because I am amazed at how the human body works, and that even though I know my weight loss essentially stalled, I am not going to give up.
BDMom - Thank you for responding, hun! I am so happy to hear that the doctor was originally wrong. I could not even imagine going through something like that. Prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #78  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Yay!!!!!

And WOO HOO to all the WI's and missing pounds today!

Bella- I am so sorry for your fiance. My husband has been on the job loss train more than once - to the point where we finally sucked it up and had him go back to school full time to finish his degree (instead of working jobs that don't do anything for him and leave him wanting). You will get through it, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

I'll add my own WOO HOO for my weigh in today - 3.6 pounds gone forever, and it took 3.75 inches with it! We tallied up my total inches lost and it was 17 inches in 8 weeks. So amazing. It means I'll have to wait one more week before adding a pretty to my wrist..BUUUUUT it means I now reside in

ONEDERLAND!!!!
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!!!!! So glad you hit that milestone, 2's gone forever!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #79  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks everyone! I had another realization - that I'm almost exactly halfway to my current goal. Seems so weird that it's only been 8 weeks and I'm already at the midway point of my weight loss!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Congrats on onederland, scorbett! Amazing job!!! Halfway to goal in 8 weeks is incredible!!

Last edited by djs06; 09-19-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #81  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
This is something I struggle with- I have managed to live in a pretty profound state of denial about my weight for a very long time. I knew I was overweight, but I also had myself convinced that I wasn't "that bad" (whatever that means!). Now that I have lost a chunk of weight and I am feeling better, I have to keep reminding myself that while my progress is good, I am still obese and probably need to lose ~100 lbs more. I don't know how I got so disconnected from reality when it comes to my body, but I need to find a way to fix it.

Had a decent weigh in today, especially when you factor in the fact that I was binging on Nyquil and Dayquil last week, unaware that I was taking in an extra 60-80 carbs per day.
Good job with your weigh in. Same height we are......and started pretty close to the same weight. I'm in it for the long haul also, but finding it so worth it!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #82  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Why do I do this to myself! Try out a new Phase 3 breakfast recipe, make it the night before...then torture myself until the morning with the smell...lol. I think the fact I have been Phase 1/2ing it this week doesnt help....

If you want to be tortured...something to look forward to tomorrow morning!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4474052-post90.html
Old 09-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #83  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Here is a recipe for Pumpkin Latte - and you can make the syrup yourself if you are so inclined! It calls for butter or GHEE - i don't think that is necessary.

Must be the time of year - this is the second time i've had this 'conversation' today.
http://www.healthylivinghowto.com/1/...s-pumpkin.html
You are my inspiration! You look ABSOLUTELY amazing!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
You are my inspiration! You look ABSOLUTELY amazing!
Angie- you just made my day (and week!) Thank you. All the IPers here inspire me.
Closed Thread