Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
One gift that this diet has given me is the energy and stamina to be more active with my kids - for all the other benefits, that is my favorite

This is awesome!

Holly, YOU lost 50 pounds. Don't worry about the stoopid clinic scale. YOU are doing this and you are doing it well.

LizRR, you're going to look great at your reunion! Blow 'em away, girl!

Oh darnit, time to get ready for work!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Height: 5'3"

The air quality in my neck of the woods has improved to "unhealthy". This is good news. Unfortunately, our neighbors to the north still have "hazardous" air and I am praying they get relief soon.

In other news, a good friend of mine started IP last week and today is her first WI. I am very excited for her. She was a real trooper getting through those first few days. I am so proud of her.

Last edited by Samkatmom; 09-19-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #18  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning and yay it's Wednesday. This last weekend I was a stress monkey and thank god I stayed OP. Still learning to see myself smaller. The funny thing is even at my heaviest I still didn't think I was huge, if I don't see a mirror I really think I am average. But the numbers and the image in the mirror don't lie. Saw my MIL on Monday and she had not seen me in person since the begining of July. She was quite surprised to see how much of a physical change it is. Well I keep on trucking and moving along.

Here's today's quote:

Reality check: you can never, ever, use weight loss to solve problems that are not related to your weight. At your goal weight or not, you still have to live with yourself and deal with your problems. You will still have the same husband, the same job, the same kids, and the same life. Losing weight is not a cure for life. ~Phillip C. McGraw,

This is where I struggle.... the weight loss is not the duct tape of my issues. It can't fix everything. ....
Old 09-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #19  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Hello Riss!

I've been working 0700-1500 and I used to lay in bed and check the forums while I waited for my chance at the bathroom. Now I am the first one in and out and I have not worked 3fc back into my schedule. I used to be one of the early birds here. I will try to be a coffee break person now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPeeps.

Off to a "crack of dawn" dentist appointment. What a way to start the day. It will be interesting to see if they say anything. I was there 6 months ago, 65 pounds heavier.

When I get home it's back to work even if it is at home. Yuck.

Everyone have a great OP day. Will check in periodically when I get disgusted with "real" work. That doesn't take much. Very stressful job.

Molly
Well if they're not impressed I know I am 65 pounds in six months is freaking Awesomeness! My boss just mentioned the other day that he can really tell the difference now.

Good luck to your friend and her surgery today. Prayers out to her. If you get stuck at the hospital I am sure you can find something healthy at the cafeteria, I'm thinking salad with some lean meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvhobbies View Post
well day 6 for me so far so good, weigh in tomorrow due to long hours of work on Fridays. No soda cravings, or even food cravings. Although when i eat the soups I think about crackers. I will get over it. One day at a time
It is truly one day at a time. I wish my Dad was still alive, I'd like to talk to him about his AA experiences and mine with food. I am sure may of the struggles are the same.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #20  

Good Morning to everyone. I'm loving the cooler temperatures here. I have a couple of NSV's today.. I started IP June 7th. 3 month check up blood work results came in yesterday, cholesterol down from a high of 262 to 185, thyroid improved enough to reduce medication dosage. The fun NSV, my husband and I went bike riding last night. Last time I got on it, I could barely make it a block without almost passing out. We rode twenty minutes (we got a late start) and I wasn't even tired when we got home. I am loving the energy, I really feel like I'm getting my life back. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Good Morning everyone!

This morning I am headed to the hospital to sit with the husband of a dear friend while she has her stomach scoped. About 4 years ago she had the lap band surgery, lost close to 150 pounds. Then she got pregnant and had some complications with the pregnancy and ended up delivering him naturally with the band full. Well they didn't know it at the time, but it created some problems and now 3 years later she is having major stomach issues. So today they are going to scope her to see what they have to do to correct this issue...there are basically two paths this could go, really bad and ok. It breaks my heart for her. Sadly, she has gained almost all if not more of her original weight back. I really she could have had IP as an option here 4 years ago. So please keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer or just keep her in your thoughts this morning that this will be an easy fix for her and will not require an open abdomen surgery. Thanks everyone.

I am going to the hospital prepared with my snack and a lot of water, hoping to be home before lunch.

Hope everyone has a great 100% OP IP day!!!
sorry to hear about your friend..my prayers will be with you and her family
Old 09-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #22  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
WIngnut, have fun watching the reactions at your appointment
Been wearing this boot on my foot so long now, that I forgot that would be everyone's focus. Oh well, no NSVs for me today.

Back to work.
Molly
Old 09-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Good Morning to everyone. I'm loving the cooler temperatures here. I have a couple of NSV's today.. I started IP June 7th. 3 month check up blood work results came in yesterday, cholesterol down from a high of 262 to 185, thyroid improved enough to reduce medication dosage. The fun NSV, my husband and I went bike riding last night. Last time I got on it, I could barely make it a block without almost passing out. We rode twenty minutes (we got a late start) and I wasn't even tired when we got home. I am loving the energy, I really feel like I'm getting my life back. Hope everyone has a great day.
WOW! That is awesome! I can't wait to have that energy you talk about and enjoy life!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #24  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Busy day...
DH and I are going to STOMP tonight, and out to dinner with friends. I am nervous because we are going to a Mexican restaurant.

HELP! I need suggestions for an OP dinner!
Love STOMP, I've seen it several times. Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Good morning!! I think I finally busted out of my 4 week plateau!!! I whooshed 5 lbs away overnight!!!! Yes!! Back at losing after a long 4 weeks of nothing!!
Great news! Have fun watching the scale move again.

Good morning everyone. A beautiful day here in Austin with temps in the mid 80's and lots of sunshine. Perfect time of year. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #25  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
...The funny thing is even at my heaviest I still didn't think I was huge, if I don't see a mirror I really think I am average. But the numbers and the image in the mirror don't lie....
This is something I struggle with- I have managed to live in a pretty profound state of denial about my weight for a very long time. I knew I was overweight, but I also had myself convinced that I wasn't "that bad" (whatever that means!). Now that I have lost a chunk of weight and I am feeling better, I have to keep reminding myself that while my progress is good, I am still obese and probably need to lose ~100 lbs more. I don't know how I got so disconnected from reality when it comes to my body, but I need to find a way to fix it.

Had a decent weigh in today, especially when you factor in the fact that I was binging on Nyquil and Dayquil last week, unaware that I was taking in an extra 60-80 carbs per day.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #26  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Looking forward to my WI tomorrow, and my work has an annual health risk assessment (for insurance purposes) where they measure all my stats. Can't wait to see all big strides in the right direction! Have a great day

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Good Morning!
Day of of Phase 3 - and having blueberries for breakfast was amazing. "What is this strange sweet taste on my tongue?" Blueberries in yogurt, plus scrambled egg whites on an english muffin with a little butter. HOORAY!

Was worried about the expected 2-5 pound gain in Phase 3 - but this is totally worth it.

Happy happy joy joy.

Wishing you all a grand day.
Your breakfast sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to that day . . .

Quote:
Happy hump day!

WIngnut, have fun watching the reactions at your appointment

WI Wednesday for me today - get to find out whether I add another trinket to my wrist (I get a little bracelet for every 10 pounds lost, so I have a visual reminder of how far I've come!) - if not this week, it should definitely happen next week!

It's a rainy, blustery day here in MA but the kids got to wear raincoats and rain boots on the walk to school so it was a slightly longer walk, thanks to puddle jumping, worm finding and such One gift that this diet has given me is the energy and stamina to be more active with my kids - for all the other benefits, that is my favorite

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Good luck on your WI. I'm also loving the energy and stamina I'm slowly finding it's definitely the best benefit of becoming healthier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Busy day...
DH and I are going to STOMP tonight, and out to dinner with friends. I am nervous because we are going to a Mexican restaurant.

HELP! I need suggestions for an OP dinner!
Fajitas! My mex restaurant makes a fajita salad. You could ask them to prepare it with less oil. I'm actually going there next week and will have this with a wedge of lime, hold the tortilla garnishes. Have fun at Stomp, sounds like a great evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Those are some great NSVs! I went for the first bike ride of the summer last weekend and it was amazing with wind in my face and blowing through my hair. I can't wait to go again.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Okay just curious here...does anyone feel weighloss slows down or have a gain when they are stressed or have lack of sleep? Just not feeling it this week and feel so bloated and no BM since Sunday. Take the NoviLax on a daily basis so thinking the stress from work and lack of sleep (about 4 hrs a night) might be contributing.

Any experiences to share or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANK YOU!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #28  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

Just got done with my WI down 3.8 in two weeks. 200.6lbs!!!! Sooooo close to onderland but that will have to wait until next week. My coach is leaving and I get a new coach next week. Oddly apprehensive about that. I have to see my doctor next week before my weigh in since I'm on day 19 of TOM and my old coach is concerned. Better to check it out I guess. Hope everyone's day is 100% OP and amazing!!!

Sassy
Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #29  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Sounds like everyone has a lot going on!

Mompattie, so happy that you are past your stall, way to go!

Mommahen, you and your friend and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Scorbett, sending good wishes for your WI, hope you get to add something pretty to your wrist!

I am actually looking forward to my WI this afternoon...on my scale this morning I am down 7 lbs from my WI last week, so even if I add 3-4lbs for an afternoon WI and clothes, I will still be down another 3-4lbs...very excited!!

Last edited by Bella73123; 09-19-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Nice to hear how well everyone is doing! One of the main things I look forward to is the having more energy part. I used to STAY in my yard (gardening and flowerbeds!) all the time and didn't get winded walking all over the ball parks I have to go to for my son's tournaments. I also want to be healthy so I can go to many more ball games!
My coach called today and rescheduled my first appointment for next Tuesday morning, since she had to cancel yesterday..I am a little dissapointed as I am eager to get started, but I am reading all your posts and trying to get what I need and get ready before Tuesday.
I hope the friend in the hospital has a positive report and doesn't have to have the abdomen surgery.
Have a good day everyone
Closed Thread