Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #61  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
does any one have an alternative idea to a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte????

Use Vanilla RTD
Coffee
Davincci Pumpkin Pie Syrup S/F
Davincci Vanilla Syrup S/F

You Can also get gingerbread and egg nog syrups. They are made in the same factory as the Starbucks syrups.

If you can buy from a Coffee supply or where your local espresso stands buy from you will have the best choice. I know that outside of Seattle there is not an espresso stand every 5 feet but you should be able to find online or in a restaurant supply place.

http://www.davincigourmet.com/produc...avored_syrups/

has different syrups but uber expensive.

Last edited by Tigerlvr52; 09-19-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #62  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

That was really helpful!! Thank You :-D Im going to do that next time, im being a bad girl right now :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Use Vanilla RTD
Coffee
Davincci Pumpkin Pie Syrup S/F
Davincci Vanilla Syrup S/F

You Can also get gingerbread and egg nog syrups. They are made in the same factory as the Starbucks syrups.

If you can buy from a Coffee supply or where your local espresso stands buy from you will have the best choice. I know that outside of Seattle there is not an espresso stand every 5 feet but you should be able to find online or in a restaurant supply place.

http://www.davincigourmet.com/produc...avored_syrups/

has different syrups but uber expensive.

Last edited by jmuroff1; 09-19-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hi IP'ers! It has been quite some time since I checked in. The last month has been horrible for my family; we learned early August that my youngest son may have a debilitating and fatal condition and of course, our lives went into total chaos. We found out earlier this month that while my baby does have something that requires further testing, the doctors don't think it is fatal or debilitating. I am so thankful. I know we will handle whatever comes up.

I am swamped at work and procrastinating and came on here and wanted to comment to Karen71 who asked about whether stress or lack of sleep slows down weight loss. I know it did for me. My losses were minimal during these past weeks where stress was at an all time high for me. I didn't cheat at all (meaning I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to), but I also didn't always eat all my packets, protein and/or veggies, take all my vitamins and didn't drink all my water. I was sleeping very little as well. I know something was wrong with my body - I didn't get my TOM either - just a little bit of spotting one day, then poof nothing. Honestly, I don't know how I managed to not run to my comfort foods, but really, I was not hungry. I was just constantly worried and stressed that I didn't register hunger or fatigue. You would think that I would have lost more weight since my intake was so little, but nope. I had 3 weeks where I didn't lose anything. Once we got our good news, I literally felt my body relax; and when I started to focus on myself and what I was eating, slept better,etc., I lost weight.

Just wanted to share because I am amazed at how the human body works, and that even though I know my weight loss essentially stalled, I am not going to give up.

Last edited by Bdmom; 09-19-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Pumpkin Latte Recipe

Here is a recipe for Pumpkin Latte - and you can make the syrup yourself if you are so inclined! It calls for butter or GHEE - i don't think that is necessary.

Must be the time of year - this is the second time i've had this 'conversation' today.
http://www.healthylivinghowto.com/1/...s-pumpkin.html

Last edited by maddiefoofoo; 09-19-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: update receipe
Old 09-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #65  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Good morning!! I think I finally busted out of my 4 week plateau!!! I whooshed 5 lbs away overnight!!!! Yes!! Back at losing after a long 4 weeks of nothing!!
Yay!!!!!

And WOO HOO to all the WI's and missing pounds today!

Bella- I am so sorry for your fiance. My husband has been on the job loss train more than once - to the point where we finally sucked it up and had him go back to school full time to finish his degree (instead of working jobs that don't do anything for him and leave him wanting). You will get through it, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

I'll add my own WOO HOO for my weigh in today - 3.6 pounds gone forever, and it took 3.75 inches with it! We tallied up my total inches lost and it was 17 inches in 8 weeks. So amazing. It means I'll have to wait one more week before adding a pretty to my wrist..BUUUUUT it means I now reside in

ONEDERLAND!!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'll add my own WOO HOO for my weigh in today - 3.6 pounds gone forever, and it took 3.75 inches with it! We tallied up my total inches lost and it was 17 inches in 8 weeks. So amazing. It means I'll have to wait one more week before adding a pretty to my wrist..BUUUUUT it means I now reside in

ONEDERLAND!!!![/QUOTE]

WOOOOO HOOOO Happy DANCING carrots for you! Congratulations!!! You are awesome and amazing inspiration.

:c arrot:
Old 09-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Oh Happy Day...THANK YOU all for your wishes, prayers, good thoughts and love sent my way. My friend got the very best news! Something they never even considered. She has an ulcer at the base of her esophagus, no problem at all with her band. The doc actually said that her lap band is the best one he has ever seen this far post op. So they did biopsy it to make sure it is all okay...meds to mend the ulcer and she is good to go again and can get her band refilled and get back on the losing end of the game again. I was so thrilled when the doc came out to tell us his findings that I got all teary eyed again...for sure can feel the estrogen pumping out of my fat cells..that is twice in two days...I am NOT normally a crier. So thank you all again!!! The power of this group is unstoppable.

: hug:
Wow, that is fantastic news!! So happy for you, your friend, and her family :-)
Old 09-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #68  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
Well I have a NSV for YOU! Your posts are lovely and inspirational! Thank you for all the wisdom of your journey that you share!
That is a nice NSV. Thanks so much.

Molly
Old 09-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

some great NSV's & losses, Congrats

So sorry Bella about your fiance's job loss, you need to stay strong for him. I do think companies take advantage of employees, just because they can and there are alot of people looking for work. Actually, hubby came home last night and said his work trip was cancelled and the company was losing over 15K that they paid for the conference for him and & others to attend. Not to mention that I bought a ticket, so I could share his room and visit our daughter. grrrrr. he said cutbacks are coming again....He had a heartattack almost 2 years ago (at age 55), I swear it is the stress of never knowing if you are going or staying and even though he stayed, he got 3 peoples work.... Hopefully things are picking up, the housing market is showing improvement, so usually jobs are on the rise....
Old 09-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

oh for the spinach-shake people. I just had one made with Jay Rob Tropical Dreamsickle, Spinach, Ice, Cold H2O, a splash of Torani Coconut SF syrup, yummy, it was such a light pastel green
Old 09-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #71  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
Well...my day has just taken a gigantic turn for the worse. My fiancee just called to let me know that he lost his job. It's been a rollercoaster year for him and none of it good. He left a job in October that he had been at for over 4 years, for what looked like an amazing opportunity. He was there for 11 weeks, at 12 weeks his benefits and everything would have kicked in, and boom, they let him go..."restructuring" He was out of work until April and then finally took the first job someone offered him, which was not something that paid well, or that he enjoyed, but it was work none the less. He was there for a couple months when they decided that they couldn't justify having an extra person on staff...and he was let go. He found another job within a week this time, again not something that he had experience in, but it paid a little better and he found it quick so he went with it. Next week he would have been there 12 weeks and would start to get his benefits etc., and they let him go. Is this the new trend??? Promise people benefits and security after 3 months so they will take a lower paying position and then let them go just before everything kicks in?? So I guess our wedding is on hold again, and we are back to square one. So disappointing, but also it's been so difficult for him, I can only imagine how he is feeling...he's starting to question himself... I really hope he's able to find something again soon, something that he actually enjoys and wants to do. I miss the happy him...
So sorry Bella! I hope everything works out soon.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #72  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Yay!!!!!

Bella- I am so sorry for your fiance. My husband has been on the job loss train more than once - to the point where we finally sucked it up and had him go back to school full time to finish his degree (instead of working jobs that don't do anything for him and leave him wanting). You will get through it, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

ONEDERLAND!!!!
ONEDERLAND! Congrats!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Yay!!!!!

ONEDERLAND!!!!
Wow! That's a great WI. I can't wait for my first WI tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
Well...my day has just taken a gigantic turn for the worse. My fiancee just called to let me know that he lost his job. It's been a rollercoaster year for him and none of it good. He left a job in October that he had been at for over 4 years, for what looked like an amazing opportunity. He was there for 11 weeks, at 12 weeks his benefits and everything would have kicked in, and boom, they let him go..."restructuring" He was out of work until April and then finally took the first job someone offered him, which was not something that paid well, or that he enjoyed, but it was work none the less. He was there for a couple months when they decided that they couldn't justify having an extra person on staff...and he was let go. He found another job within a week this time, again not something that he had experience in, but it paid a little better and he found it quick so he went with it. Next week he would have been there 12 weeks and would start to get his benefits etc., and they let him go. Is this the new trend??? Promise people benefits and security after 3 months so they will take a lower paying position and then let them go just before everything kicks in?? So I guess our wedding is on hold again, and we are back to square one. So disappointing, but also it's been so difficult for him, I can only imagine how he is feeling...he's starting to question himself... I really hope he's able to find something again soon, something that he actually enjoys and wants to do. I miss the happy him...
Hang in there. I know it seems like good news is no where in sight, but as long as you have one another you guys can get through anything. Just keep giving him encouraging words. My fiance is trying to get full time fire and it is discouraging too. Somehow with support and love we survive. Hang in there! And you can always come to all of us for support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Oh Happy Day...THANK YOU all for your wishes, prayers, good thoughts and love sent my way. My friend got the very best news! Something they never even considered. She has an ulcer at the base of her esophagus, no problem at all with her band. The doc actually said that her lap band is the best one he has ever seen this far post op. So they did biopsy it to make sure it is all okay...meds to mend the ulcer and she is good to go again and can get her band refilled and get back on the losing end of the game again. I was so thrilled when the doc came out to tell us his findings that I got all teary eyed again...for sure can feel the estrogen pumping out of my fat cells..that is twice in two days...I am NOT normally a crier. So thank you all again!!! The power of this group is unstoppable.

: hug:
WHAT A SIGH OF RELIEF! Glad you were there!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #75  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Good Morning!
Day of of Phase 3 - and having blueberries for breakfast was amazing. "What is this strange sweet taste on my tongue?" Blueberries in yogurt, plus scrambled egg whites on an english muffin with a little butter. HOORAY!

Was worried about the expected 2-5 pound gain in Phase 3 - but this is totally worth it.

Happy happy joy joy.

Wishing you all a grand day.
You look amazing! I'm loving Phase 3 too!
Closed Thread