Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Still working the IP! Down 6 lbs this week....BMI 30.5......8 pounds until onderland!BRING IT ON!
That is an awesome BMI! Way to go!
at 135, My BMI is 28...
Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #392  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
I'm in Wisconsin!
ooooo wisconsin is one of the prettiest states i have ever visited!!! the farms there are kept so immaculate!!! i hope i get to visit there again one day!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #393  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Rainbow, how are you and how is your weather? Have things settled down for you?
the rain has slacked...but we have had rain all week....so flooding has been a problem with low areas....lots of roads closed, but nothing, and i mean nothing like the lower southern stated are facing!!

Old 08-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #394  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
I'm in Wisconsin!
In the winter we spend pretty much every weekend in Wisconsin. My daughter is on a junior alpine race team up there.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #395  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
In the winter we spend pretty much every weekend in Wisconsin. My daughter is on a junior alpine race team up there.
I figured you must have a reason to be in Wisconsin for the winter. Most find a reason not to be here, lol! I don't mind it so much.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 215/194.5/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone,

While I do not post, I am always reading everyone's posts...at work...shhh!

I went for my 4th weigh in today and lost exactly ZERO.sooooooooooo frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

I am 100% unwavering completely commited and have my eye on the goal! What happened?

I exercised every day since my last weigh in (except Tuesday...had a "preschool" meeting) and I lost zip, zero, zilch, nada.

My coach said that it is probably because I exercised...someone PLEASE explain this concept to me...shouldnt you lose more when exercising?

I am frustrated...that by no means I am stopping IP....I am definetly sticking with it at 100%...I am just so DAMN frustrated (sorry if I offended)ughhhhhh

I am glad that everyone seems to be fairing well in the wake of Isaac.

Thanks for letting me rant, and rave like a crazy person.

I will not be checking in over the weekend...baby and toddler hands always want to "push the buttons" on my lap top as soon as I get it out...but I will be back to check in on Tuesday and I am going to be more of a prescence in the weeks to come on this thread...cuz I am proud to be here, even if I lost 0this week!

DId I mention I lost zero
Old 08-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #397  

Quote:
Still working the IP! Down 6 lbs this week....BMI 30.5......8 pounds until onderland!BRING IT ON!
Awesome trip!!!!!! Way to go!!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #398  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdnTootsMom View Post
Hi Everyone,

I went for my 4th weigh in today and lost exactly ZERO.sooooooooooo frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

I am 100% unwavering completely commited and have my eye on the goal! What happened?

I exercised every day since my last weigh in (except Tuesday...had a "preschool" meeting) and I lost zip, zero, zilch, nada.

My coach said that it is probably because I exercised...someone PLEASE explain this concept to me...shouldnt you lose more when exercising?

I am frustrated...that by no means I am stopping IP....I am definetly sticking with it at 100%...I am just so DAMN frustrated (sorry if I offended)ughhhhhh

I will not be checking in over the weekend...baby and toddler hands always want to "push the buttons" on my lap top as soon as I get it out...but I will be back to check in on Tuesday and I am going to be more of a prescence in the weeks to come on this thread...cuz I am proud to be here, even if I lost 0this week!

You need to add in an extra packet if you are doing anything more than light exercise. Otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and prevent you from losing.

I think LizRR is the expert on exercising though.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #399  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quick update from Central Louisiana. (northwest) We've got rain and wind, but much better than we planned for. I'm fine, hunkered down. Thanks for your prayers and concern. My thoughts are with those who have had a much more difficult time than I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwethern View Post
Do y'all REALLY never cheat?! I'm so weak and get so hungry in the afternoon after being crazy busy teaching all day that I cave in Any encouragement and suggestions greatly appreciated. I SO want this to work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
Hope my journey helps you. My suggestion is to find your motivation and your mini goals to strive for. At the end of the day you are the only one that makes your choices moment by moment. You can do it...you just have to believe in yourself and stay committed to you.
mwethern, I know you already have gotten some amazing answers from people on this forum. Meadow, thank you for your beautiful words.

Just want to put my 2 cents in here. Yes, I'm tempted, but not very much. I actually have gotten used to the little "hunger" that tells me it's meal time. (It's happening now - so I'll eat some lunch.) But I haven't cheated at all since Day 1 in June. I'm really happy on this diet and happy with the strict protocol. I got into this because I had zero control. I hope I'm learning control now, because I do NOT want to do this again. Ditto with Meadow. Yes, it's expensive, but it is so well worth it when those clothes begin to fit! I've only lost 29 pounds thus far, but I can move better and quicker than I was moving.
Stick with it! You'll be glad you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuvs Mom View Post
I spoke to Lisa to this morning and she said that they were okay. They are still dealing with wind and tornado watch. Their power last night.came back on around 10:30 last night. I'm sure she is trying to catch up on sleep she missed out on. Thank-you for your concern and prayers.
Thanks, Wuvs Mom!

Quote:
YEA!!!!! WOWEEE!!!!

Last edited by joysh; 08-30-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yeah for 5 lbs! Sometimes it's inches, sometimes it's lbs, sometimes it's both!

I'm ALL over farmer's market's! This time of year I get almost everything there. I go to three different ones throughout the week...2 municipal farmer's markets that have hours one day/week and 1 farm market...buying straight from the farm! I made okra chips last nite. They'll be part of tonights snack Where is the dancing OKRA when we need one LOL
I don't think I've ever had okra. What does it taste like? Rutabaga too. Never had it either. I see lots of experimentation in my future!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #401  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I took a nap this afternoon and feel human again. The hurricane is pretty over here, and the sun coes out every now and then. There's no way that I can catch up with all the posts that I missed this week. I hope that you all are doing well. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #402  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Often times our bodies need a break somewhere between the 3rd or 4th week because we lost so much the first two weeks, so weight loss can be low to zero during that time. As for exercise, this diet is a little different. We are already on a low calorie diet and by exercising you are burning up even more calories. Your body will then try and hold onto what it has. As a result it can slow down your losses. On the days you work out have an extra IP either right before or after you workout. Or have 1/2 before and half after you workout. Your body really does need that extra protein on workout days. It's generally advised by most coaches not to exercise the first month. I personally weight lift 3x per week and some walking on the other days. I usually take a IP drink with me in the car and have it as soon as I'm done working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I took a nap this afternoon and feel human again. The hurricane is pretty over here, and the sun coes out every now and then. There's no way that I can catch up with all the posts that I missed this week. I hope that you all are doing well. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
Happy to hear from you and that Isaac has moved on.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

My coach said that I should not exercise because for our bodies, it is like burning the candle at both ends. The diet is too low in calories (700-900), and we can shut down the metabolism, going into starvation mode.
I am just starting phase 2 and she just gave me the go-ahead to do some Pilates 3 times a week.
That is why you have not lost.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #404  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
My coach said that I should not exercise because for our bodies, it is like burning the candle at both ends. The diet is too low in calories (700-900), and we can shut down the metabolism, going into starvation mode.
I am just starting phase 2 and she just gave me the go-ahead to do some Pilates 3 times a week.
That is why you have not lost.
My coach said the same thing. She said that I could walk, but that's it. My clinic allows exercise beginning in phase 3.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #405  

My coach said walking or LIGHT elliptical only in phase 1. No cardio. She said that if I am on the elliptical, I need to be able to sing along with the songs on my iPod. For my husbands sake, I do not sing.
Closed Thread