Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #31  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Good morning IPers
I have been struggling since Friday, dont know what happened and why it feels like a struggle when I have been doing so well for weeks! WI is tomorrow and I dont even want to go (I check my weight on the scale every day so know where I stand). Should I just skip weigh in to another day and refocus?
~sigh~ It has been a very blah week ~sigh~
I'd go to the WI tomorrow. Your coach should be used to dealing with dieters who are experiencing these 'lulls', and hopefully be able to perk you up. Also you may have an unexpected weight loss which will totally jazz you!? Anyway....my two cents?... don't skip it.
-----------------------------------------------

All this talk about pee this morning. I'm going to chime in .... I, too, have bright yellow pee in the morning after taking my vitamin. And yes - it is quite a strong odour. And I can always see the difference the day after I've been eating asparagus - which I love and have been eating a lot.

Also the leg pain thing.... I've noticed that more in the past two weeks, and have occasionally taken a extra 1/2 potassium, and made sure to get my required sea salt into me. Seems to help.

I read yesterday in the 'hair loss' thread that several people start having this happened after a few months. I'm not really noticing hair loss yet - but about two weeks ago I started getting a really itchy scalp. And it's driving me crazy! I regularly take my daily oil requirement (co and evoo) and also my Omegas. My multi includes the B vitamins, including Biotin - but not anywhere near the 5,000 mcg daily that I saw noted on that other thread. Does anyone know whether this itchy scalp thing is another 'symptom' that might somehow relate to weight loss or associated hair loss? I've switched shampoo/conditioners, and a couple of days ago started using another different new dandruff formula (even though I can see no signs of dandruff) that also had almond oil in it thinking that might help .... I'm sitting here right now after having massaged a mixture of coconut oil & tea tree oil into my scalp. My scalp is 'marinating' - LOL - and I'll go shampoo it out after a while. If anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful. I'm afraid someone will think I've got head lice! (btw - I've checked for that too... can't see any signs.... nor can I think of anyway that I would have picked that - or anything similiar - up).

Yay!!! My switch to a 3 packet/day and no bars plan is working!! WI was this morning, and I'm so happy to report a -2.2 lb loss. Two more 'coffee mugs worth' of fat off of me! Also chuffed because my Omron scale tells me that my skeletal muscle percentage has increased by 2% since two weeks ago and my body fat percentage has lowered by that amount.

BTW - loving the newly posted pics. I'm not going to start naming names for fear I forget someone... but you are ALL looking so good! I haven't yet gotten up my courage to post a pic. I seem to have a 'thing' about posting my visual identity on the web..... maybe when I get to the half way point I'll be brave enough.......

That's all from me for now. Everybody have a great day.

Last edited by evepet; 06-13-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #32  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
4 weeks- two weeks for phase 2, two weeks for phase 3. You don't HAVE to phase off though. You can easily travel and still be on plan. I'm traveling in next week and plan on staying right on plan!
Wow.. ok.. We are driving to FL (Disney) in August and I was planning to use shakes during the day and dinners will be at restaurants in the area
Old 06-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Morning everyone! Is it time to wake up and smell the urine? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Dana, my sister is phasing off for a little bit this summer too (Tripmama) and it really seems like the right thing to do. It will get you moving down the scale again. Just make sure to jump back on phase 1 but I know you will because you have done so well.

I haven't been able to get the groove of summer yet. It messed up my eating schedule and I don't like that. I need to refocus and get my eating schedule back on track. I haven't cheated but find that suddenly it is 9:00 pm and I haven't eaten dinner or last protein...so time to focus again and get my summer on!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone, I hope that everyone's WI's will be good. I have my WI tonight, I feel pretty good about it. This morning I put on a pair of white capri's that are a size 14 which were very snug 2 weeks ago but today they fit perfectly very comfortable. Yesterday a delivery guy came into the office who I havn't seen since I started IP and he said "girl you have lost a ton of weight, how did you do it?" I proceed to thank him for noticing and he said he couldn't help but notice, then he wanted to know how I did it so I told him it was a life style change through Ideal Protein, he had me write it down for him. It feels so good when you have people really notice. This is in regards to some posts yesterday about buying items too small to give you incentive. I am going on a caribbean cruise in January and will need smaller clothes then, but the problem is I won't be able to find any at that time so I have been buying some items in smaller sizes now before the selection is all gone. And that includes a really nice bathing suit, I hope they all fit in Jan. Well congrats to all the big losers out there and keep truckin.

Caren
Old 06-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Evepet, funny you should mention itchy scalp, mine is too! I wonder why?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #36  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'd go to the WI tomorrow. Your coach should be used to dealing with dieters who are experiencing these 'lulls', and hopefully be able to perk you up. Also you may have an unexpected weight loss which will totally jazz you!? Anyway....my two cents?... don't skip it.
-----------------------------------------------

All this talk about pee this morning. I'm going to chime in .... I, too, have bright yellow pee in the morning after taking my vitamin. And yes - it is quite a strong odour.

Also the leg pain thing.... I've noticed that more in the past two weeks, and have occasionally taken a extra 1/2 potassium, and made sure to get my required sea salt into me. Seems to help.

I read yesterday in the 'hair loss' thread that several people start having this happened after a few months. I'm not really noticing hair loss yet - but about two weeks ago I started getting a really itchy scalp. And it's driving me crazy! I regularly take my daily oil requirement (co and evoo) and also my Omegas. My multi includes the B vitamins, including Biotin - but not anywhere near the 5,000 mcg daily that I saw noted on that other thread. Does anyone know whether this itchy scalp thing is another 'symptom' that might somehow relate to weight loss or associated hair loss? I've switched shampoo/conditioners, and a couple of days ago started using another different new dandruff formula (even though I can see no signs of dandruff) that also had almond oil in it thinking that might help .... I'm sitting here right now after having massaged a mixture of coconut oil & tea tree oil into my scalp. My scalp is 'marinating' - LOL - and I'll go shampoo it out after a while. If anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful. I'm afraid someone will think I've got head lice! (btw - I've checked for that too... can't see any signs.... nor can I think of anyway that I would have picked that - or anything similiar - up).

Yay!!! My 3 packet/week and no bars mission is working!! WI was this morning, and I'm so happy to report a -2.2 lb loss. Two more 'coffee mugs worth' of fat off of me! Also chuffed because my Omron scale tells me that my skeletal muscle percentage has increased by 2% since two weeks ago and my body fat percentage has lowered by that amount.

BTW - loving the newly posted pics. I'm not going to start naming names for fear I forget someone... but you are ALL looking so good! I haven't yet gotten up my courage to post a pic. I seem to have a 'thing' about posting my visual identity on the web..... maybe when I get to the half way point I'll be brave enough.......

That's all from me for now. Everybody have a great day.
Thanks evepet.. I dont know if I am ready for that yet but will see how I feel later today..

and thanks for the visual of your hair marinating
Old 06-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #37  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon_Teacher View Post
Good morning everyone. Today I was down another 1/2 pound. Every little bit counts, right?
I am wondering about the potassium/calcium tablet. I am on a medication that could interact with potassium. Anyway, the pharmacist said not to take a potassium pill with it. But, my question is, would just eating vegetables high in potassium be a good substitute? I have been doing some research on veggies high in potassium and could try to eat more of them.
I need the potassium and I take extra or else I get leg cramps. Spinach has quite a bit of potassium. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #38  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Good morning everyone, I hope that everyone's WI's will be good. I have my WI tonight, I feel pretty good about it. This morning I put on a pair of white capri's that are a size 14 which were very snug 2 weeks ago but today they fit perfectly very comfortable. Yesterday a delivery guy came into the office who I havn't seen since I started IP and he said "girl you have lost a ton of weight, how did you do it?" I proceed to thank him for noticing and he said he couldn't help but notice, then he wanted to know how I did it so I told him it was a life style change through Ideal Protein, he had me write it down for him. It feels so good when you have people really notice. This is in regards to some posts yesterday about buying items too small to give you incentive. I am going on a caribbean cruise in January and will need smaller clothes then, but the problem is I won't be able to find any at that time so I have been buying some items in smaller sizes now before the selection is all gone. And that includes a really nice bathing suit, I hope they all fit in Jan. Well congrats to all the big losers out there and keep truckin.

Caren
What a great NSV Caren.
Sounds like you're going to look smashing on your caribbean cruise - both re your body's new slim weight and the clothes on it.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #39  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Evepet, funny you should mention itchy scalp, mine is too! I wonder why?
I believe you mentioned this in a post yesterday, and it was what made me wonder if it's somehow associated with our recent weight loss. I didn't consider the possibility at first.

I hope someone reading today's chat has some ideas.... I don't know whether it's just thinking about my itchy scalp, but I feel like my whole body is starting to feel 'itchier' than normal!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #40  
- 15lbs and counting!

S/C/G: 183.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Back from vacation!

Hi girls! I haven't posted since last week as we took the kiddos on a mini vacation. I was so nervous having my first trip on IP...especially since we were traveling with friends and I would have the temptation to drink. Full confession: I had two drinks each night. ACK! BUT...I stayed on plan with food, etc.

I was down 1.8 when I got home on Sunday!!! Thank goodness. I'm sure it would have been a greater loss if I hadn't indulged, but I am not going to beat myself up.

At today's weigh-in I was down 3.5lbs from last week. So in total that makes 9 lbs since I started the plan 12 days ago. Not too shabby!!

My hubby packed my vitamins in the cooler by mistake one afternoon on vacation and they of course were destroyed, so I was off-plan with my supplements all weekend. Finally getting back on track. I am going to stay STRONG this week! I just want to see the 160's on the scale SO bad. I am going to try to stick to more shakes and packets and less bars/snacks and see how I do with that change.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Can't wait to read more numbers today. Carol, your June photo is amazing!! Your face is so skinny!!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Keira
Old 06-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #41  

Congrats to everyone for your successes. My WI was yesterday, down an additional 3.2 lbs. for a total of 69.4...sooooo close to hitting 70, but I know I have it to look forward to next week. Even better, my husband went to the seminar last night and signed up...he starts on this journey with me on Saturday. I'm so excited to watch him enjoy the benefits of the program right along with me.

I'm staying on the program for 2 more weeks then I'm taking the month of July off. I will be on vacation nearly 3 weeks out of the month including a cruise, and I just know I won't mess with packets and shakes, etc. But, I'm actually looking forward to August 1st to be back OP 100% and restart this journey.

Thanks for everyone sharing their stories...it definitely helps to stay on track.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #42  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning friends,

I am so exicted for those who have weighed in so far this week and wish the woosh fairy to visit those with WI today.

My coach does not allow me to have any restricted products at all and I even some days eat extra chicken if I am hungry. It's really helped keep me on track 100%.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #43  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody

So, I am back in the saddle again. I lost 2 pounds this past week. I am very happy with that since I had a .5 gain last week and I had allot of stressors last weekend And its TOM.
So whooo hooooooo

I hope everyone has a great day.
Woo Hoo!!! That light has got to be getting brighter
Old 06-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Today was WI#4. In about 24 hrs it should be TOM and I've been bloated all week and feel big (compared to my last 3 WI's where I feel "skinnier"). Well, to my amazement I am -1.8 for a total of 18.8 in a month. I am SOOOOOO thankful to this diet. I didn't want my coach to measure because of my bloatedness but she did and I lost 1/2 inch everywhere except I lost 3/4inch in my hips. Needless to say I keep getting more clothes from the back of the closet these days. I am so happy for this plan and this board I recently have joined. I read more than I post and I can't thank everyone enough!

Have a wonderful day wherever you are...it's a nice day in Chicago!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Well today is 2nd day post surgery and still in pain, I cant eat much do to all the gas in my belly,but when I do eat it is my pudding or oatmeal, no way can I eat my veggies, too scared of more gas ! I just hope I dont gain ! Have a great day everyone !
Closed Thread