Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #136  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Thanks everyone...a think I finally got my pictures to show up better!
Wow!!!! Looking great!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #137  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: W200/175/145

Height: 5'5"/44yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
Can someone explain the cooked onion thing to me? Does that mean no heating of the onion at all or just do not carmelize? What about baking them in something?

I understand that carmelized onions are more likely to spike blood sugar, but don't know where the line is.
My sheet says (direct quote) "Onions (raw only)" regarding onions on the Select Veggies list. I take this to mean raw = no cooking at all. I do grill green onions and leeks, I hate raw onions. I have used onion flakes in my big Mac in a bowl though.

Last edited by LizRR; 06-13-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
WI #13 today and down 1.75 pounds and 1.2 inches. Slower week but a loss is a loss. Great new pictures everyone. You inspired me to have my DH take a picture to see if I could see a difference. Will try to do it each month now.
Thanks for posting pics. You look awesome!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #139  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh For the love of Doughnuts....no wonder.. I had no idea that cucumber was free now!! I only thought pickles were free...Lol..okay got to switch my veggies up a bit more...

Thanks Patns and MomPattie for the help...ive got packets from nashua arriving on monday..so i will stay put with the shakes till then...Maybe i will add in another shake then since im supposed to have three packets...that will probably help... Thanks again!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #140  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Had a delicious dinner soup tonight by experiment..here is the recipe!!!

For Phase 1-4 Delicious roasted zuchhini garlic soup!!! Tastes creamy without the cream!

2 cups of raw zucchini
1 cup of low sodium no carb chicken broth
EVOO -as much or as little as you need
Minced Garlic 1 tbsp

Take 2 cups of raw zucchini and heat it up in a hot pan that has EVOO on the bottom... wait till the zucchini is changing color and is getting a grill color to it and flip it over..sprinkle with a little sea salt.

While cooking zucchini...add to blender, 1 cup of hot chicken broth and 1tbsp of minced fresh garlic. Add zucchini into blender and liquify
(Hold the lid down as its hot and pressure tends to build)

Your result should be a beautiful green soup that tastes nutty and rich and creamy..if you feel inclined to do so, you can add an oz of dairy to make it even creamier. But it tastes pretty creamy without it anyway!!! Its delicious! Makes about 1 mug full
Old 06-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #141  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Had a delicious dinner soup tonight by experiment..here is the recipe!!!

For Phase 1-4 Delicious roasted zuchhini garlic soup!!! Tastes creamy without the cream!

2 cups of raw zucchini
1 cup of low sodium no carb chicken broth
EVOO -as much or as little as you need
Minced Garlic 1 tbsp

Take 2 cups of raw zucchini and heat it up in a hot pan that has EVOO on the bottom... wait till the zucchini is changing color and is getting a grill color to it and flip it over..sprinkle with a little sea salt.

While cooking zucchini...add to blender, 1 cup of hot chicken broth and 1tbsp of minced fresh garlic. Add zucchini into blender and liquify
(Hold the lid down as its hot and pressure tends to build)

Your result should be a beautiful green soup that tastes nutty and rich and creamy..if you feel inclined to do so, you can add an oz of dairy to make it even creamier. But it tastes pretty creamy without it anyway!!! Its delicious! Makes about 1 mug full
Sounds yummy
Closed Thread