Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #46  
IP started 5.31.12

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone! I had WI#2 this morning and I lost another 6lbs!!! I was super excited!! Stocked up on some food and ready to start week 3. I may not post much but the support this group gives and the positive motivation is wonderful. Now back to the beginning of this thread to read how everyone is doing
Old 06-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #47  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Woo Hoo!!! That light has got to be getting brighter
What a big change in your pic Mooselover! I am too chicken to post pics but for those of you who do, you are looking great!!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 179/140/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'd go to the WI tomorrow. Your coach should be used to dealing with dieters who are experiencing these 'lulls', and hopefully be able to perk you up. Also you may have an unexpected weight loss which will totally jazz you!? Anyway....my two cents?... don't skip it.
-----------------------------------------------

All this talk about pee this morning. I'm going to chime in .... I, too, have bright yellow pee in the morning after taking my vitamin. And yes - it is quite a strong odour. And I can always see the difference the day after I've been eating asparagus - which I love and have been eating a lot.

Also the leg pain thing.... I've noticed that more in the past two weeks, and have occasionally taken a extra 1/2 potassium, and made sure to get my required sea salt into me. Seems to help.

I read yesterday in the 'hair loss' thread that several people start having this happened after a few months. I'm not really noticing hair loss yet - but about two weeks ago I started getting a really itchy scalp. And it's driving me crazy! I regularly take my daily oil requirement (co and evoo) and also my Omegas. My multi includes the B vitamins, including Biotin - but not anywhere near the 5,000 mcg daily that I saw noted on that other thread. Does anyone know whether this itchy scalp thing is another 'symptom' that might somehow relate to weight loss or associated hair loss? I've switched shampoo/conditioners, and a couple of days ago started using another different new dandruff formula (even though I can see no signs of dandruff) that also had almond oil in it thinking that might help .... I'm sitting here right now after having massaged a mixture of coconut oil & tea tree oil into my scalp. My scalp is 'marinating' - LOL - and I'll go shampoo it out after a while. If anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful. I'm afraid someone will think I've got head lice! (btw - I've checked for that too... can't see any signs.... nor can I think of anyway that I would have picked that - or anything similiar - up).

Yay!!! My switch to a 3 packet/day and no bars plan is working!! WI was this morning, and I'm so happy to report a -2.2 lb loss. Two more 'coffee mugs worth' of fat off of me! Also chuffed because my Omron scale tells me that my skeletal muscle percentage has increased by 2% since two weeks ago and my body fat percentage has lowered by that amount.

BTW - loving the newly posted pics. I'm not going to start naming names for fear I forget someone... but you are ALL looking so good! I haven't yet gotten up my courage to post a pic. I seem to have a 'thing' about posting my visual identity on the web..... maybe when I get to the half way point I'll be brave enough.......

That's all from me for now. Everybody have a great day.

GREAT advice evepet. I meet my coach with another gal and it does install an "I can do it" attitude again. Just comparing notes and bouncing ideas back and forth is so helpful.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #49  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post
Well today is 2nd day post surgery and still in pain, I cant eat much do to all the gas in my belly,but when I do eat it is my pudding or oatmeal, no way can I eat my veggies, too scared of more gas ! I just hope I dont gain ! Have a great day everyone !
I was just thinking about you!!! I heard the gas can be bad. Sorry about that. It will go away soon enough. Don't worry about your WI!!! Your healing correctly is more important. You will get back on track as soon as you feel like eating again. Get some rest!!! Keep me informed of how you are doing so I know what to expect.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #50  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Good morning everyone. I am feeling so blah this week. I ran out of my NoviLax and was without it for a few days. Ugh. Hopefully it will "do it's thing today"!!!

Good luck on all the WI's today!!! I will check back in a bit so I can read all about them. Love Wednesdays on here. So inspiring.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #51  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
What a big change in your pic Mooselover! I am too chicken to post pics but for those of you who do, you are looking great!!
Well Thank You The changes in myself are inspiring and I actually like the way I look now. I have avoided cameras for years and it feels good to not be afraid of them anymore. I suggest you try it. At least take the pictures and look at them yourself. Then post when you like what you see.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #52  

Default Lunch Help

So I left my lunch at home and have to go grab something. I know Zaxby's has some pretty good salad options. But I don't have any WF dressing with me? Will having a spoonful of regular dressing mess me up too much?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

It sure helps me to read all your posts. I look forward to reading about everyones journey. We are so lucky that we have this forum. It sure will help to keep me motivated...that's for sure!!!

Day 6 here I come! Wishing everyone a clean IP day!!!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #54  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Well today is 2nd day post surgery and still in pain, I cant eat much do to all the gas in my belly,but when I do eat it is my pudding or oatmeal, no way can I eat my veggies, too scared of more gas ! I just hope I dont gain ! Have a great day everyone !
Being a veteran of 3 c-sections, a hysterectomy and three other lower abdominal surgeries I can attest that walking around is the only way to get rid of the gas. I found that the first 3 or 4 steps would be the worst, but after those walking was sore but not painful, when the pain part returns it is time to sit down again. I forced myself to do this once every waking hour and the gas was gone by 36 hours after surgery. The first few times up it was only to the bathroom and down the hall, but by the end of the second day I was walking dow to the end of the block and back (total about 1/8 mile).

I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. My gut hurts for you.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #55  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
So, I am back in the saddle again. I lost 2 pounds this past week. I am very happy with that since I had a .5 gain last week and I had allot of stressors last weekend And its TOM.
So whooo hooooooo
Ride 'Em COWGIRL! Back in the saddle indeed - congrats on the loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning all! It must be a Wednesday with all the urine talk. Haha. You all make this journey much more fun! I'm looking forward to another closet clean out pretty soon. Its kind of nice and comfy to wear loose things, but when they are too big...out they go! That's another thing I love about this diet!
Don't wait too long for the closet cleanout. I had some cute shirts I was putting 'on hold' that I tried on this week for work and they are all too big now! Oh well - guess that means more shopping is in my future - darn it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon_Teacher View Post
I am wondering about the potassium/calcium tablet. I am on a medication that could interact with potassium. Anyway, the pharmacist said not to take a potassium pill with it. But, my question is, would just eating vegetables high in potassium be a good substitute? I have been doing some research on veggies high in potassium and could try to eat more of them.
I would definitely talk with your DOCTOR about this! A potassium imbalance can cause heart problems, and if you are taking a medication that interacts with it you may need to have more involved interaction regarding your supplements.

Quote:
I have been struggling since Friday, dont know what happened and why it feels like a struggle when I have been doing so well for weeks! WI is tomorrow and I dont even want to go (I check my weight on the scale every day so know where I stand). Should I just skip weigh in to another day and refocus?
Quote:
Wow.. ok.. We are driving to FL (Disney) in August and I was planning to use shakes during the day and dinners will be at restaurants in the area
GO TO WEIGH IN EVERY WEEK NO MATTER WHAT! I totally feel you on the struggling part, I had my own internal battle with the bored binge eating urge yesterday (I reported on yesterdays daily chat at 11pm), the only thing we can do is have a set of tools to handle each challenge. Just accept what happened, damage is done, step on the scale and confess to your coach. Figure out why and work on some strategies to avoid a future slip.

Your vacation plans sound good - you should still be able to do Phase 1 on that type of schedule (3 packets/day and dinner at night, maybe a 4th packet since you'll be doing a lot of walking at Disney). You may have less control at dinner going out to eat, but oh well - as long as you stay as OP as possible that's all you can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britne1 View Post
So I left my lunch at home and have to go grab something. I know Zaxby's has some pretty good salad options. But I don't have any WF dressing with me? Will having a spoonful of regular dressing mess me up too much?
Try to steer clear of the carby/sugary dressings - I don't know Zaxby's, but I've used lemon slices in a pinch before, and Subway and my work caf has EVOO and white vinegar available as well.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #56  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Woo Hoo!!! That light has got to be getting brighter
Quote:
(((SoSo)) I have had lower abdominal surgery a few times and can relate... You need to keep walking to get the surgical gas out and then you may start back slowly eating.. Take care of yourself
Old 06-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #57  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Oh, just wanted to say Happy Hump Day folks. This definitely feels like a 3rd Monday in a row this week for me....I've been having a bout of 'light insomnia' all week, but that usually comes during TOM so I'm not too surprised. Added a little extra coffee to my morning spinach smoothie.

I really had to fight my afternoon binge eating hungries yesterday. Stayed home with my son indoors due to thunderstorm warnings (and it never rained!), combined with TOM I believe, really got my old bored binge eating trigger revved up. I had my 3rd packet as an egg white recipe (and wanted more) and did have a 4th packet 2 hours after that (and wanted more), but thankfully since it was a workout day I was supposed to have the 4th packet anyways - and the workout killed my binge urge. I had a great grilled beef fajita & green onions dinner when I came home, and made a big pot of my favorite licorice tea just in case it came back (finished the ENTIRE pot!).

Last edited by LizRR; 06-13-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #58  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Morning! I had the herb and cheese omelette this morning, and I couldn't finish it It was good, but it was A LOT! I normally don't like eating eggs, but it was good. I am looking forward to my soy patty for lunch, though! Yum!! Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #59  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
How long does it take to phase off Dana? and do you plan on using packets during your vacation? We have a vacation planned in August and am curious how that works
My coach says one week phase 2, two weeks phase 3. However in my case she said just go right to phase 3 as really phase 2 is not that much of a step up from phase 1.

Before I tell you what I plan to do let me first say I have been on IP for almost eight months now and have gone on at least 3 trips/vacations while being OP. One of the trips was even a 7 day cruise which I stayed on a combination of phase one and two the entire trip and came home loosing 6 pounds. That was back in February when I was still losing a good amount of weight each week and I wanted to continue and not risk falling off the wagon. Now it's a different story. I'm hardly losing any weight anymore and both my coach and I think my body needs a break and so my goal is just to maintain for a month. That is the only reason I am phasing off, vacation or not. If I hadn't already been on this plan for so long and not losing right now, I wouldn't phase off, even for vacation. I will say traveling on phase 1 is a little difficult, so I personally recommend phase 2 for traveling as it means less IP foods to bring with you. When I have traveled in the past while on phase 1/2 I brought bars for breakfast, ate at restaurants for lunch and dinner having just protein and steamed veggies, and then brought RTD for my snack before bed.

My whole point in this is you don't have to phase off just because you are going on vacation. It's challenging to stay on while traveling for sure, but you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Morning everyone! Is it time to wake up and smell the urine? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Dana, my sister is phasing off for a little bit this summer too (Tripmama) and it really seems like the right thing to do. It will get you moving down the scale again. Just make sure to jump back on phase 1 but I know you will because you have done so well.
I remember her saying she was and her reasons, which is basically whats happening to me. I know come July 22 and my plane lands back in Austin, then I'm back to phase 1 to finish up
Quote:
The stomach bloating takes a while to finally go down. Walk a lot, it really does help you heal faster and really gets things moving again in the stomach area. I had the Da Vinci surgery so while they took all of my parts the pain was very minimal with 5 little incisions.

Last edited by DanafromAustin; 06-13-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #60  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hope you feel better and worry about healing. That's what is important.
Closed Thread