Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #91  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Big thank you to all of you for being on this thread and sharing your stories, most of you are so inspiring to me and give me the courage to go on!

I just want to share my story about my amazing weekend!

For the old members who already know me, they must know by now how much I struggle with being OP over the weekend, it was like I always mess up over the weekend, only to restart dieting on weekdays, and the circle went on and on.

Luckily, I have the best news: this weekend, I made it, against all odds!

On Saturday, my husband wanted to finish the deck he started building for his dad last weekend (the same weekend I messed up big time with my diet), so I wanted to be prepared this time. I packed my protein powder, my bar, my vitamins and I even took some veggies with me (in case my in-laws did not have what I needed in their fridge, cause last time, it was mostly tomatoes what they had), anyway... Once we arrived at my dad-in-law, I opened my bag and I found that all my protein powder was spelt all over!! Luckily, I almost always have an RTD for emergencies, and I did! Yoopie!!! Our day started good, until I ‘’welcome’’ my monthly ‘’gift’’ visiting me much earlier than it was supposed to on Wednesday!! God! It was a very rainy day, so I opted to stay inside most of the day letting the men do their job!

For lunch, they decided to go the local restaurant and order hamburgers, hot dogs and fries! I swear to God, by the time we got our order home, I never ever ever in my life have seen fries this greasy! The fat was dripping over the two layers of paper bag they were in! Come to think what we put in our bodies! The smell was enticing, but while everyone ate that, I was a good girl and drank my shake, some of my prepared veggies and I was contempt with just sticking to my diet and being strong!

By around 5 pm, I was starving! I couldn’t take it anymore, so I grabbed the lettuce that I packed with me in the morning and I ate all that was left from it! Hey… Lettuce is free, so don’t judge me, lol.

Came supper time, what did they want to have? Take a guess… Another junk greasy food: pizza it was!!! And yeah!!! That is very accommodating to Sandra!!! I asked my father-in-law’s wife to prepare me some boiled eggs. After she did and presented them to me, I found that they were the cutest eggs I’ve ever seen. My father-in-law lives on a farm and these eggs were freshly picked from their chicken! They looked nothing like the eggs we buy in store, they were tiny small, the colour of their shell was a pistachio kind of colour that I’ve never seen before on an egg, but anyway, she made me 5 small boiled eggs which equals I guess to about 3 normal sized eggs (well, normal to me, I meant, heheheh) and I prepared myself the best ever salad I made, I don’t know what was it about it, but I opened the pantry and saw lots of spices and herbs and I did my mix, adding a little bit of this and that, some apple cider vinegar, some olive oil and voila, my salad was amazing!

When I opened my computer back home on Sunday morning, I learnt about busymomx4 reaching her goal, I was so ecstatic for her, I was so inspired by her before and after pictures and it gave me the strength to go on with my day.

On Sunday night, after the exhausting weekend for my baby doing construction, he wanted to treat us to a date, nothing fancy, we decided to go to the movies to see Avengers, good movie by the way. We wouldn’t have made it in time if we had supper, so we went without eating. Hubby ordered a serving of nahos and cheese and a small bag of pop corn. Pop corn is my hugest weakness, I LOVE POP CORN, whether it is sweet or salty, I love this stuff, I swear to God that if I have to choose only two things to live on for the rest of my life, I would choose almonds and pop corn! And the pop corn that he ordered smelled heavenly, all this butter smell meted over them, OMG! How can I resist that? But I did! I really did! Not even one bite, nothing, I got my pleasure from only smelling them.

I did it, I really really did it!! Finally, I am there.

Sorry about writing this much, but there was a warning in my title

Hope everyone is doing well.
That's the ticket! WTG Sandra, for sticking 100% OP despite all those tempations. Congrats! .
Old 06-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #92  
Started IP 5/4/2012

S/C/G: 170.8 / 155.6 / 135

Height: 5'2"

Thank you Kaypix, that makes sense!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #93  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

It worked..cant believe it..made the rhubarb rice pudding with miracle rice..yep the rice did smell disgusting..but once rinsed and boiled and rinsed again ..mixed with the vanilla pudding with cinamon and rhubarb on top so yummy so surprised !!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #94  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I would not skip weigh I s for 90 days. I lime the feedback, good and bad.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #95  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Do you think when you measure the rhuburb before or after cooked it shrinks so much just wondering ?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #96  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Do you think when you measure the rhuburb before or after cooked it shrinks so much just wondering ?
Before....everything is before cooking....Meats, veggies...
Old 06-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #97  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Afternoon everyone..

Looks like there are a lot of winners on the board today in the battle of cravings....good job!

So...yesterday my DH bought me a mandolin slicer! HALLELUJAH!!! and i made sliced cucumber and i want to do the zucchini chips..how do you do them again?

Check the recipe section, they are in there...

I also bought ruhbarb yesterday and attempted to make a ruhbarb sauce using just ruhbarb and some xylitol for sweetner...hmmm i forgot that xylitol should not be consumed more than a little at a time...A river runs through me is the best way to describe my night last night and all day today so far... I cant stop going to the bathroom. Its the perfect laxative for those who have issues with the big C..it makes ya go... I feel like im on a freaking cleanse im going so much!!

My ruhbarb sauce turned into more of a ruhbarb soup cause i think i added too much water...but it was sure awesome to be able to eat ruhbarb for a veggie..it felt like dessert to me...

Im on day number 89 of a 90 day commitment challenge my family is doing. Each member of my family is doing a diet of there choice and the rules state that you have to be on plan 100% for the next 90 days in order to win a 2 night vacation at the spa of your choice...It feels like its taking forever..but im doing it..im on day 89..or day 2 if you prefer...Im not craving anything or finding it hard to stick to...the only thing i must laugh at, is that my DD keeps stealing my water bottle and drinking my Mio-Water...she thinks its juice and she likes it better than her juice..I suppose i should be happy that she is drinking water lol...

I need your opinion on this: Ive decided not to weigh myself every day like i was doing before, because it was getting me down, with the fluctuations and all...but what i was thinking was "maybe i could not weigh myself for the whole 90 days"...what do you think? Or do you think i should weigh once a week to make sure im on track? I mean if you do the diet 100% OP there is no reason to think that you could possibly be gaining weight...

Yes No??????
So....a couple observations and questions...

Are you doing IP??? If you are, you will be weighing in weekly...and meeting with your coach, so I have no idea how you would attempt to go 90 days without weighing. You refer to 100% OP and that would include weekly WI's like the rest of us are doing...

Also, the 90 day challenge, you are on day 2??? What did I miss?? You told us all that you started the 90 day challenge in a thread you started on May 26. Where did all those days go??
Old 06-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfawn View Post
CONGRATULATIONS - so exciting!!! I hope to join you this week......
I hope to join you both this week - last weigh in was 201.5 - I can't wait to get in the 100's!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #99  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Lala - I think it has to do with burning through our small carb stores and causing our bodies to burn muscle instead of fat for calories, as muscle is significantly more efficient and higher quality, and high intensity burns carbs, whereas low intensity burns fat and is less likely to touch our muscle.

I'm looking up shore excursions for our cruise in Alaska today, just bought the plane tickets this weekend and got a hotel for two nights before we ship out, and got them for freaking $56/night, in a hotel that runs $101 / night if you go through them, so feeling like a rock star there. Still irritatad about my low loss this week >.< but trying to focus on the fact that I'm OP and even a little loss is better than no loss at all.
What part of Alaska are you cruising too? Inner Passage or Outer Passage. I absolutely loved visiting my sister in Alaska when she lived there. You will see so many whales hopefully.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 200/182/130

Height: 5"2

Hello, everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum. Everyone seems very supportive of each other and full of advice. I just started IP Thursday and had a rough first few days, but I am finally feeling better and enjoying the IP food (thanks to the tips I found here). My official weigh-in is on Wednesday, but I sneaked a peek this morning on my own scale and was -8.8 lbs!!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Hello everybody! Well, I had my weigh-in after another month in maintenance, and I went up .5 pd, but I lost fat and gained muscle mass! So, I'm very happy. Totally amazing...

My coach also said that IP has closed at least 20 clinics for not performing correctly, so maybe they are actually listening to us. I told her about the coach who told someone that raw spinach was 'free' but canned spinach counted and she laughed. I love IP, but, like any organization, there is room for improvement, and the only way they will do that is by listening to their clients, so keep speaking up!

Don't have time at the moment to read all the posts - hope you all had great days...

Margaret
Old 06-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #102  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Omg I Am Hungry! Talk Me Off The Ledge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
What part of Alaska are you cruising too? Inner Passage or Outer Passage. I absolutely loved visiting my sister in Alaska when she lived there. You will see so many whales hopefully.
I'm doing the inner passage with DH for his 30th b-day, stops are...Seattle (duh, taking off from there), Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan and Victoria, finally ending in Vancouver, then taking the cascades Amtrak back that night to Seattle, spending one night, then flying home the next day. All in All we will leave the morning of the 14th and come home the night of the 24th, it'll be nice to take some time off for ourselves. We've never ACTUALLY gone on vacation, or a honey moon or anything longer than 3 days, and we've been married 7 years...our work schedules never allowed it.

~~~
That said, I'm STARVING, like, gonna die hungry chew a hole threw my desk (if it wasn't particle board...) hungry. I drank 3 bottles of water, no luck, ate my snack at 1:30, drank my shake at 3:30 and now I'm practically dying of hunger. I think it HAS to be psychological because I'm bored at work, but omg it still sucks I'm considering another bar, TALK ME DOWN PEOPLE, TALK ME DOWN!!!!! *Head thwacks the desk* I give up *sniffle* I can handle stress better than boredom I think...I might make a bigger than usual salad with dinner tonight to help compensate a bit...
Old 06-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

KaypixI would love to offer support and guidance but I just posted on the 100% thread about my battle with the bar and the bar won! This being hungry or addicted to eating can be such a killer somedays! Boredom is my enemy also. I have a job that is not real busy somedays and I can read or think about stuff and thinking gets me in deep do do. I wish you the very best and send good non-eating vibes. [
Old 06-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #104  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Talking Yeah!!

My husband has been so supportive I thought I would bake him his favorite cake. Spice cake w/ Whipped Cream Frosting.... Keep in mind this is my PMS week.

1. I mixed it & DID NOT lick bowl, spatula, or finger!!

2. Frosted it & DID NOT lick knife, finger, or anything!!!

I couldn't be more proud of me right now

Have a great evening everyone
Old 06-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #105  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Dear Lord... how does everyone and their SO's deal with the lovely ketosis "aroma"? Mine tells me it turns him off even if it is very very faint, and even if I make sure to shower and scrub every inch before I even go near him. Somehow, that doesn't lower his psychological barrier. He won't touch me at all It's destroying our couple and I don't want to give up IP because of a bf who can't be slightly tolerant towards some side effects of a diet that, for once, I have actual motivation in doing? I'm halfway to my goal and I feel tons better about myself already.
Closed Thread