Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #106  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Darralyn~ It's ok, just knowing you're there helps I'm seriously just bored out of my gourd! I'm trying to think of the fun stuff I'll do when I get home tonight, but that's gonna be bleh, sorting clothes, tagging and bagging for my garage sale next weekend, and then sitting and watching TV... I think I need to make some chips tonight for sure, probably spinach since that's all that's in my fridge for that kind of thing...

Do you know if I "had" to "cheat" is it better to do it with protein (i.e. egg whites fried in pam?) or veggies (i.e. sautee'd peppers)?
Old 06-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Kaypix I am sure protien would be the way to go; no carbs....
Old 06-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #108  
04/23/12~Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Dear Lord... how does everyone and their SO's deal with the lovely ketosis "aroma"? Mine tells me it turns him off even if it is very very faint, and even if I make sure to shower and scrub every inch before I even go near him. Somehow, that doesn't lower his psychological barrier. He won't touch me at all It's destroying our couple and I don't want to give up IP because of a bf who can't be slightly tolerant towards some side effects of a diet that, for once, I have actual motivation in doing? I'm halfway to my goal and I feel tons better about myself already.
How long have you been OP? Most of the symptoms reduce, my worst was my breath, but that subsided somewhere around week 4. I wear scented deoderant religiously and have taken a "sponge bath" before as well when I felt "Less than fresh"...oh and they make cleansers depending on where your "pew" is at, armpits vs "down there" vs ft etc. I believe.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #109  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

In finishing wk 4 tomorrow. I wear cocoa butter cream, deodorant, and I'm not normally a smelly girl at all. No one else has mentioned any funny smell either. Sorry if it's tmi but the pee residue also gives a funky smell you know where, and even if the scented wipes get rid of any odour it's still not enough. Bleh. I'm lucky not to have any breath issue though.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Dear Lord... how does everyone and their SO's deal with the lovely ketosis "aroma"? Mine tells me it turns him off even if it is very very faint, and even if I make sure to shower and scrub every inch before I even go near him. Somehow, that doesn't lower his psychological barrier. He won't touch me at all It's destroying our couple and I don't want to give up IP because of a bf who can't be slightly tolerant towards some side effects of a diet that, for once, I have actual motivation in doing? I'm halfway to my goal and I feel tons better about myself already.
just like kaypix said, there's several extra measures you can go to ...to try to fix the problem.. unfortunately i haven't had much luck.. first it was my breath.. god it turned ME off to have breath like that.. my husband would just say " ew stinky keto breath," and make a joke of it, but deep down i know he didn't want to kiss me lol. then that kind of subsided and i have smelly armpits, pretty much all the time. i feel like i can't scrub them hard enough or use water that's any hotter... then i load up on deodorant.. sometimes i put it on twice through out the day.. it sucks but it's just one of those things. these "symptoms" will go away eventually and we'll be skinny and we will feel good. have you talked to him about it??
Old 06-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #111  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
So....a couple observations and questions...

Are you doing IP??? If you are, you will be weighing in weekly...and meeting with your coach, so I have no idea how you would attempt to go 90 days without weighing. You refer to 100% OP and that would include weekly WI's like the rest of us are doing...

Also, the 90 day challenge, you are on day 2??? What did I miss?? You told us all that you started the 90 day challenge in a thread you started on May 26. Where did all those days go??
1) Im not doing IP with a coach..im doing IP alternatives..so i have no coach..just a scale at home... 100% OP to me, means following the diet to a T and weighing in at least once a week and charting progress.

2) The 90 day challenge didnt start until june 3rd as my family is doing it together, which means i didnt get to start until they started cause it wouldnt be fair game if i started early then them...So now that they got there own diet plans figured out..we have all started it officially.....see..yo got to play fair..after all ..it is for a nice 2 night vacation at a spa of choice!! I just hope i win!!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #112  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I'm doing the inner passage with DH for his 30th b-day, stops are...Seattle (duh, taking off from there), Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan and Victoria, finally ending in Vancouver, then taking the cascades Amtrak back that night to Seattle, spending one night, then flying home the next day. All in All we will leave the morning of the 14th and come home the night of the 24th, it'll be nice to take some time off for ourselves. We've never ACTUALLY gone on vacation, or a honey moon or anything longer than 3 days, and we've been married 7 years...our work schedules never allowed it.

~~~
That said, I'm STARVING, like, gonna die hungry chew a hole threw my desk (if it wasn't particle board...) hungry. I drank 3 bottles of water, no luck, ate my snack at 1:30, drank my shake at 3:30 and now I'm practically dying of hunger. I think it HAS to be psychological because I'm bored at work, but omg it still sucks I'm considering another bar, TALK ME DOWN PEOPLE, TALK ME DOWN!!!!! *Head thwacks the desk* I give up *sniffle* I can handle stress better than boredom I think...I might make a bigger than usual salad with dinner tonight to help compensate a bit...

First off!! You can do this! So do it!! Second off...your going to be visiting my hometown Victoria! Its a very nice port you dock at...make sure to take a walk along the waterfront at Ogden Point to the lighthouse....and stop by the ogden point cafe too!!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #113  
Porthardygurl

Someone help me!!! Tell me what to do to make this big D stop..a river is running through me..has been running all night and day....it doesnt seem to want to stop...how much poop can a person have inside them!!! seriously!!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #114  
04/23/12~Kara

I know a lot of people say don't use drugs, but pepto is a lifesaver. When I was preggers I could use Kaopectate which was gentler and had fewer yucks in it. Otherwise calcium and protein tend to "stop" you up, so...eat a steak and an extra Cal Mag? or Pot Cal?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARWBryan View Post
Hey guys! I'm new here. I'm struggling a bit. This is my third week on IP. The first week, I lost nothing, the second I lost 2.4. I'm discouraged because it seems that everyone is losing 5-10 in their first weeks and I'm just not there. Do any of you have any encouragement?
I was similar in the beginning too. People were loosing huge amounts and I could feel a difference in my body but when I got on the scale I would have a small loss. I discovered that everyone averages are different, unique for that person. I stopped comparing myself and began to learn my body. I also found out that those weeks when I saw little/ no loss was my body preparing for a big loss the next week. People say all the time on the boards that if you stick to the program it will come off. Hang in there. Your body is loosing its just not showing up on the scale yet.

NSV: I wanted to share my doctor's visit today. I am officially off Metformin! My doc says," Well I guess its no use seeing you for a while since youre loosing weight well". I am so excited cause no more blood work or follow ups for a while.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
I was similar in the beginning too. People were loosing huge amounts and I could feel a difference in my body but when I got on the scale I would have a small loss. I discovered that everyone averages are different, unique for that person. I stopped comparing myself and began to learn my body. I also found out that those weeks when I saw little/ no loss was my body preparing for a big loss the next week. People say all the time on the boards that if you stick to the program it will come off. Hang in there. Your body is loosing its just not showing up on the scale yet.

NSV: I wanted to share my doctor's visit today. I am officially off Metformin! My doc says," Well I guess its no use seeing you for a while since youre loosing weight well". I am so excited cause no more blood work or follow ups for a while.
Congratulations on the great check up!! This program really helped me, too!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #117  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Big thank you to all of you for being on this thread and sharing your stories, most of you are so inspiring to me and give me the courage to go on!

I just want to share my story about my amazing weekend!

I did it, I really really did it!! Finally, I am there.

Sorry about writing this much, but there was a warning in my title

Hope everyone is doing well.
Yayyyy ! Congrats ! Sounds like you were surrounded by temptation all weekend but you hung tough.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #118  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKJVA View Post
Good Morning Everyone...

I lost 100 pounds on IP in 2011 and got within 5 pounds of my goal and just stopped. I looked great, and felt great. I was soooooo focused and have not been able get back on the wagon.

I have been depressed about the weight I have gained. Over memorial day, I had someone ask me if I had a boob job. Yes, horrible comment...but it was enough of a kick in the butt to get me back on the wagon. I started again last week, stayed completely on program and have lost 7 pounds so far. I have that spark back again and am excited. I even had my coach throw away my old progress chart so I could start from scratch.

I lurked on the boards before...but really need support this time around. I am embarrassed on my gain and don't even want to tell friends and family I am doing it again. At least not until I start getting those compliments again that keep me motivated.

Thanks for "listening". Good luck to everyone today!

Kelly
I wouldn't mind if someone asked me if I had a boob job. I would understand that to mean that the girls must be looking mighty fine

Welcome back on the wagon. I guess if you lost 100lbs last year, you must have a pretty good grasp on how to make the program work for you.

If you don't mind sharing, I am curious to know, in retrospect, where you think you went wrong. Did you phase off? Of course this is my fear too, even though I am still a long ways from goal, I am already worried about maintenance.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy25 View Post
Hello, everyone! My official weigh-in is on Wednesday, but I sneaked a peek this morning on my own scale and was -8.8 lbs!!
Good job Daisy, keep up the good work! Cant wait to hear what it its by Wed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hello everybody! Well, I had my weigh-in after another month in maintenance, and I went up .5 pd, but I lost fat and gained muscle mass! So, I'm very happy. Totally amazing...

Don't have time at the moment to read all the posts - hope you all had great days...

Margaret
Pretty good job Sewman to be in maintenance and only gain .5. I hope to be like you when I get there; energy and all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
That said, I'm STARVING, like, gonna die hungry chew a hole threw my desk (if it wasn't particle board...) hungry. I drank 3 bottles of water, no luck, ate my snack at 1:30, drank my shake at 3:30 and now I'm practically dying of hunger. I think it HAS to be psychological because I'm bored at work, but omg it still sucks I'm considering another bar, TALK ME DOWN PEOPLE, TALK ME DOWN!!!!! *Head thwacks the desk* I give up *sniffle* ..
Always have me cracking up as usual with the visual! Look forward to the posts everyday. Helps talk me off the cliff when everyone is eating junk around me.

Quote:
Just hang in there. As someone mentioned earlier the smell gets better the further you get in the journey. Just get him good and desperate( if you know what I mean), he'll come running!

Thanks Darralyn.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #120  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

So I just got home from my first weigh in and to my shock and amazement..................

Thirteen Pounds.... Yep thats right 13lbs

This is such a boost for me its not even funny. I am rewarding myself with some Copper River Salmon and Green Beans. ( for those not in the pnw its like the Lamborgini of salmons.)

Closed Thread