Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning, IPers!!
NSV: i've'd had to try on several pairs of slacks in order to find some pants to wear to work. My "too big" pile of clothes grows. Happiness!
Awesome NSV! I am running out of clothes myself, I am giving everything away, I forgot to save something as my "before" but then again I know where I was at..lol. I have gone to a Value Village in my area (Kent East Hill for those in WA State) and gotten some things. I really like that one in particular because it is very neat and clean and doesn't smell like a 2nd hand store lol. Got some slacks that don't quite fit yet, but will soon . I'm gonna check them out again for slacks in particular, I'm not done with my weight loss yet so don't want to spend too much now. Keep up the awesome NSVs!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I posted but I've been keeping it 100%! I need to update my ticker but I'm at work on my cell phone(don't want to use their computer).
Kbig: Sorry to hear about your rough night but glad your mom is doing better. Hope you finally got some rest & congrats on your weightloss under those circumstances. U go girl!
Ipdiva: love the new pic. You look very happy & beautiful!
Everyone have a wonderful week! Oh and congrats to those who are in the 50 lbs lost club!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloverParker View Post
As my pile of "too big" clothes continues to grow I was thinking about this yesterday myself -- was rather dreading dealing with eBay and they're expensive clothes and so didn't want to just donate. I realized I'd forgotten about consignment stores -- that'll be my next stop! I know, at least in my area, there are consignment stores for baby/kids clothes too . . .
An FYI, there is a clothing exchange on the forum, you could try that...I might be interested if you have my sizes, PM me..thanks.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Height: 5'6"

Samba, glad to have you back. When I have tough times (certainly not as tough as yours) , I try to think of it as practice for the future--for when I lose the weight and will spend my life dealing with whatever life throws at me. You passed the test very well!!

Last edited by Up North Girl; 06-04-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Sandraloosingwt: great job for staying OP, so proud of you! Keep it up!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #81  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
First day on IP. Or should I say first meal since it is only 9:50 am. Had Capp drink with coffee. OOOOH very bitter! Guess it will be an acquired taste! Here's to loosing big! Cheers!
I've found that mixing the drink packets up ahead and refrigerating makes them taste much better.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Happy Monday everyone ! Hope all has a great day ! My WI is tomorrow, I cant wait to see what that scale says !
Old 06-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!

Busy day today for me...I broke my glasses so I have to go shopping for some, hopefully one of those 2-for-1 deals so I'll have a spare the next time...

Yesterday was my first day at not forcing myself to paint or clean or jump up and down ladders all day, but to work on my mini artquilts. This is, by nature, more sedentary, and I found myself getting ansty, and got up to take 3 quick walks during the day. I don't know much about exercise and metabolism, but I'm thinking I must have rev'd up my metabolism in the past month of hard work and my body was used to it. Kind of a nice feeling...

Anyway, I go for my weigh-in after another month in maintenance. Have no idea what it will be, since I've worked so hard, yet had more snacks to keep me going. I bet the muscle mass will have increased. Whatever it is, I'll be happy. Just part of the journey...

Hope you all have a wonderful, OP, uplifting Monday!

Margaret
I lost my $200.00 pair of glasses so now I go to the Dollar Store and get them for, you guessed it, $1.00. I use them for reading and computer work. You are my hero, all the work you are doing around your house, and with Chronic Fatigue, my hat is off to you . You are one of the people I look forward to hearing from on a daily basis, your weight loss is awesome and your positive attitude really helps on those days when I am starving and grouchy. I am not going to cheat on this journey but reading the posts everyday makes it bearable on those crazy days, I'm no the only one feeling like that...to another OP day

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
Good morning! I don't know why I am wide awake right now. Been up since 6 and I don't have anywhere to be till Wednesday morning! I have a lot to do around the house and getting things organized, but have no motivation.

Tomorrow is my 7th WI. I so want it to take me into onederland. I am so close but I also have the big "c". I drank some green tea last night and hope that will help for me.

I have no clothes in my closet or drawers that fit! When I cleaned my attic I found one thing of clothes. There were a lot of jeans that are 12's and 14's so I will be set when I drop to those sizes but the rest of my clothes are 16w and I literally walk right out of them. Since I really have nothing to do but an interview until the beginning of July, I am just not going to buy anything!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. If it is WI day I hope you are a big loser!
I'm looking for some 16s right now, I will PM you. Keep up the awesome weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Day 6 for me! Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in. According to my scale, I have lost 6 lbs in 5 days I am so excited!!!

You're rocking this!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
GM IPeeps:

had a very stressful, and eventful weekend....

This is what went down:
my oldest nefew Graduated High School On Sat morn.

On Friday... 650 am went to work..
That eve, 6 pm hm out of the tstorms (and tornado warnings)
9pm My mom calls all upset and sez her BP is sky High. I end up taking my mom to the emergency room for high blood pressure and exhaustion.
4am listening to my mom say every 15mins...i think this is bad..and asks the doc if its cancer????? She has a complete emotional breakdown in the hospital... They had to give her a Sedative for her to calm down!!!

7am she is released with clean bill of health..blood pressure under control and .no cancer smh....had moms hm by 730am. Got my Nefew up (his lives with my mom)... put her back to bed

Went to WI#7 @8am... Im down 2.5lbs -24lbs loss in 7 weeks.
Went hm, showered, went back to my moms, picked up nefew dropped him off @the ceremony, went hm got dressed, My mom couldnt attend the graduation , but I did... (stil NO SLEEP been up for 36hrs). left the ceremony, went home and couldnt go to sleep. went to sleep @ 6pm woke up at 930pm !!!

and i didnt resort to the wrong foods to cope... I stay 100% OP... actually I didnt eat much during that time... but I did nibble on a caramel bar in the hospital... I keep one in the car at all times!!!
Awesome WI !! Sorry about your mom's health scare , it could be anxiety, I have had anxiety/panic issues for years and sometimes the health anxiety can be brutal, I have been feeling much better since doing IP, and also Self Motivation Tapes that my coach implements into her weight loss protocol. Time to get some sleep, keep up the great job, and just breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I'm so jealous.
Me too, but happily jealous, no pouting on this forum, lol
Old 06-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Carol, Darralyn, UpNorthGirl-- thank you for the encouragement. Made me tear up a bit. Yeah, I am still emotionally a bit ragged around the edges, it seems.

It is great to be back reading the posts. Wonder why that is so helpful? Well, any way, it is!! OP going good today.

My youngest son came to town. His drive is 100 miles round trip. He had a dental appointment for a tooth extraction. But, the dentist came down ill! I feel sorry for dentist. But, my son has an anxiety disorder. It plays into his dental phobia...thus the issues. Anyway, hate it that he actually braved up to doing it but then has to retry. We did get an eye appointment so got him new glasses and contacts. He has a job, but not great pay, so we wanted to help him out.

Great to hear of so many with weight losses and NSVs! To those who are struggling, dig deep and keep the faith no matter what! I keep telling myself this! Keep the posts coming. I am reading everything here today!
Old 06-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #85  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon everyone..

Looks like there are a lot of winners on the board today in the battle of cravings....good job!

So...yesterday my DH bought me a mandolin slicer! HALLELUJAH!!! and i made sliced cucumber and i want to do the zucchini chips..how do you do them again?

I also bought ruhbarb yesterday and attempted to make a ruhbarb sauce using just ruhbarb and some xylitol for sweetner...hmmm i forgot that xylitol should not be consumed more than a little at a time...A river runs through me is the best way to describe my night last night and all day today so far... I cant stop going to the bathroom. Its the perfect laxative for those who have issues with the big C..it makes ya go... I feel like im on a freaking cleanse im going so much!!

My ruhbarb sauce turned into more of a ruhbarb soup cause i think i added too much water...but it was sure awesome to be able to eat ruhbarb for a veggie..it felt like dessert to me...

Im on day number 89 of a 90 day commitment challenge my family is doing. Each member of my family is doing a diet of there choice and the rules state that you have to be on plan 100% for the next 90 days in order to win a 2 night vacation at the spa of your choice...It feels like its taking forever..but im doing it..im on day 89..or day 2 if you prefer...Im not craving anything or finding it hard to stick to...the only thing i must laugh at, is that my DD keeps stealing my water bottle and drinking my Mio-Water...she thinks its juice and she likes it better than her juice..I suppose i should be happy that she is drinking water lol...

I need your opinion on this: Ive decided not to weigh myself every day like i was doing before, because it was getting me down, with the fluctuations and all...but what i was thinking was "maybe i could not weigh myself for the whole 90 days"...what do you think? Or do you think i should weigh once a week to make sure im on track? I mean if you do the diet 100% OP there is no reason to think that you could possibly be gaining weight...

Yes No??????
Old 06-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #86  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
Awesome NSV! I am running out of clothes myself, I am giving everything away, I forgot to save something as my "before" but then again I know where I was at..lol. I have gone to a Value Village in my area (Kent East Hill for those in WA State) and gotten some things. I really like that one in particular because it is very neat and clean and doesn't smell like a 2nd hand store lol. Got some slacks that don't quite fit yet, but will soon . I'm gonna check them out again for slacks in particular, I'm not done with my weight loss yet so don't want to spend too much now. Keep up the awesome NSVs!
The one in Burien by 5 corners isn't too bad.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #87  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Busy day here but wanted to pop in and wish everyone weighing in today good luck.

My wee victory today was that I saw the 250's on the scale today for the first time in, um, forever!? At least that's how it feels. 259 never looked so good! Hoping my WI tomorrow goes well but I'm happy enough just seeing that magic 5!
WOW look at your new pic. you look GREAT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
So happy for you for getting to that part of your loss journey!!!! Woooohooo!!

I have been gone for awhile. Never a good sign!! Went to visit parents for a week. Then, my son got sick and had to have some care. Then, my brother became very ill but is better. These trips and stresses were disruptive! I was afraid of the travel and visit and it was hard. I was not able to be 100% OP . Nothing went terribly wrong as I did not eat things not allowed. But, I could not get to all my meal ingredients and had more meat than allowed. I passed on all the aunties desserts, etc. Diffcult time though.

Weighed today and scales say up 1lb. I am so needing cheering on and up!! I really am dedicated to my journey. Guess I will have to now count this as part of it, but I so want to get settled back in with my routine.
Samba
So sorry you have been going through such rough times lately. It sounds like you handeled your self well. Be kind to yourself.

I was thinking about you the other day, I was wondering where you were. I am glad you are back.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #88  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Going tomorrow to see the Doctor for my first IP Workshop!! And I can't wait!!!!!!!! Any advice for this newbie?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #89  
Started IP 5/4/2012

S/C/G: 170.8 / 155.6 / 135

Height: 5'2"

Does anyone know why we aren't supposed to do any high intensity exercise on IP?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #90  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Lala - I think it has to do with burning through our small carb stores and causing our bodies to burn muscle instead of fat for calories, as muscle is significantly more efficient and higher quality, and high intensity burns carbs, whereas low intensity burns fat and is less likely to touch our muscle.

I'm looking up shore excursions for our cruise in Alaska today, just bought the plane tickets this weekend and got a hotel for two nights before we ship out, and got them for freaking $56/night, in a hotel that runs $101 / night if you go through them, so feeling like a rock star there. Still irritatad about my low loss this week >.< but trying to focus on the fact that I'm OP and even a little loss is better than no loss at all.
Closed Thread