Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
i'm pretty chatty today, i guess...but since i'm on here... For those of you who are on alternatives-- a friend of mine is about to start the protocol but can't afford the start up fee and monthly expenses for IP products. I told her there were alternatives out there. I know of the EAS shakes and i know there are IP bars on nashua, but are there any other products that you all can tell me about that you know are "IP approved?" I tried to do a little research for her but i know by how much time i've already spent looking at ingredients and nutritional information that i just don't have enough time in the day to make her a grocery list... so if you guys can tell me some brand/types of food that i could pass on, that'd be a HUGE help!! thanks!
I use the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Shakes and the PureProtein Bars as well as the Detour Bars. I really love them.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Darralyn, girl you better loosen up those purse strings and buy new size 8's, before your size 10 pants fall down and you accidently show everybody your business

You are doing great, keep up the great work
Lol ..love it and I agree time for new pants or cute undies in case the pants drop..lol
Old 06-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #93  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Well, the day isn't going as I had planned. Had a spinach smoothie this am (very good thank you for the suggestion LizRR), then planned to eat at 1130, well emergency C-section later just finishing my Blue-Cran-Granita drink. Glad I got my veggies in early. I had planned on going home and doing my protein meal at lunch since I'll be at a ball game tonight, now I have to rethink my plan, hmmmmm.

Kids got out today (last day) at 1200 and have been txting and calling me all afternoon. Hard to respond in the OR, can't wait for DH to get home from out of town this afternoon! Just in time for us to splint into three different direction for ball (is that possible?)

Have a great afternoon and eve IP peeps.

Shawna
Old 06-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #94  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi!

Hello all,

It is my first time posting on here, I have been using the forum quite a bit for advice and answers to my questions, it has saved me a lot of phone calls to my coach! I figured I'd register to be able to get my own ticker at some point!

I'm in the middle of my 4th week on IP, and so far I LOVE the results. My in-laws were shocked to see me after only 2 weeks I'm having really bad nausea for the last 3 days or so, and I'm not exactly sure how to get rid of it. I used to eat a couple soda crackers, but those are off-limits now hehe. I've never been off ketosis since the start. If anyone has any tips they would be more than welcome to share them!

Hope everyone is having great success
Old 06-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #95  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
i'm pretty chatty today, i guess...but since i'm on here... For those of you who are on alternatives-- a friend of mine is about to start the protocol but can't afford the start up fee and monthly expenses for IP products. I told her there were alternatives out there. I know of the EAS shakes and i know there are IP bars on nashua, but are there any other products that you all can tell me about that you know are "IP approved?" I tried to do a little research for her but i know by how much time i've already spent looking at ingredients and nutritional information that i just don't have enough time in the day to make her a grocery list... so if you guys can tell me some brand/types of food that i could pass on, that'd be a HUGE help!! thanks!
Hey I'm just responding to yours first. My blog has a basic list of the brands that we've talked about on the forums for alternatives. I need to read up more on them and actually do their write ups, but that will get her at least started for products.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #96  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

So DH and I were talking after his comment and he asked me what one of my mini goals were, ( if I have not said it yet but my DH is really supportive and amazing) I told him when I got to onederland then I was going to go get some old school pin up shots done. Since I have not visited that land since early high school it's a great thing for me. His eyes lit up and he said " yes yes you can do it... did you eat your veggies" Aparantly that is a goal he is really wanting me to get to....
Old 06-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #97  

S/C/G: ?/?/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! TGIF!!!!

Question...when did the weightloss start to slow down? I know it is different for everyone but just curious.

I am starting week 5 and so glad I made through a month. Official WI 4 is tomorrow but I know that I made my first goal of 20lbs earlier than planned. Just wondering now since I lost that so quickly if the rest will be slower.

I was also told not to exercise...my chiropractor/coach is a good friend so I think I might be the guinea pig to see how someone who does not exercise does vs someone who does (starting on week 3).

Going to be a rainy weekend but that means nice and quiet with no sports. WOO HOO! looking forward to the break.

Hope everyone has a great OP Friday!
im at week 9.. week 6 -1, week 7 -2 now back at -4 & -5 per week. not sure what was going on.. but glad seems back on track.. iv got 100 to lose.. 9 weeks down 46lbs & 32 inches did notice after week 7 like the inches really dropped. course im in for the inches..
all have a great weekend
Old 06-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #98  
04/23/12~Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
So DH and I were talking after his comment and he asked me what one of my mini goals were, ( if I have not said it yet but my DH is really supportive and amazing) I told him when I got to onederland then I was going to go get some old school pin up shots done. Since I have not visited that land since early high school it's a great thing for me. His eyes lit up and he said " yes yes you can do it... did you eat your veggies" Aparantly that is a goal he is really wanting me to get to....
DH are sweet like that aren't they? Mine offered lingere...somehow I don't see how that's more for me than it is for HIS appreciation of my changes...but...ok...when they're supportive like yours is too that's just awesome Does he ever ask "Is that allowed?"
Old 06-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #99  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Hahaha- that sounds like it would be a lot of fun to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
I use the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Shakes and the PureProtein Bars as well as the Detour Bars. I really love them.
I looked at the nutrition for the pureprotein bars and they seem really high in cabrs... what do you usually use from them and where do you buy them?
Old 06-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #100  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Just checking in. Have had a good day. I'm 1/3 of the way to goal. 100#'s is my next goal. I want it by July 1st!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #101  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hi all!
So here is a very sad tale. I have to go clothes shopping. I am down to my size 10 work slacks and they are getting pretty baggy so I need to shop. I really dislike shopping almost as much as I dislike spending money. Maybe they go together. My tops are all larges now (a little busty) and I will be OK there for awhile but need pants, jeans and shorts..
I really hate weighing at home my scales say I am down 22 lbs since starting IP and the clinic scales only say 19 lost. I guess the food in stomach and clothes make a difference; I weigh naked and on an empty stomach at home. I can really see and feel the difference in size but it sure seems like things in the scale dept are slow; but I am an older woman and have been a yo yo dieter all my life, so I am sure my metabolizim is totally screwed up. I am just happy to me losing period!
I love this site and love all you who are here to cheerlead and be inspirations to all of us!! Thanks!
We're about the same age, and I too have been a yo-yoer for many years. I'm realizing now that I've severely messed up my metabolism, and between that and being menopausal, the weight just doesn't come off as quickly as it used to. I love reading diet-related books - keeps me focused - and I recently read 'The Dukan Diet'. Interesting. He specifically talks about how the combination of menopause + frequent yo-yoing can create a slow weight loss situation for most of us. What I particularly found interesting was his description of what we do to ourselves with these repeated diets, regaining of the weight, etc. I can't begin to reiterate it, it was quite scientific - but it made absolute sense to me as I read it. End result is that we certainly didn't do ourselves any favor with the yo-yoing. This time around, the weight has to STAY OFF! This has got to be my last diet!

BTW.... when I do my 'official' WIs here at home (I don't have a coach & I'm using alternatives) I do it first thing after I get up in the morning, after using the bathroom, and in the nude. I've noticed that my weight easily fluctuates by +2-3 lbs by the afternoon of that same day. I'd say it's likely that the difference in your two WI #s is just due to the extra water and food in your tummy by the time of your weight-in at the clinic.

Last edited by evepet; 06-01-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: added info
Old 06-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #102  
04/23/12~Kara

I want to be 175 by June 10th...Why the 10th? I do'nt know, but why the heck not. More importantly I want to be 170 by the end of June, family reunion July 9th so I want to look good (not frumpy) for the reunion...I start losing frump around 175 or so...
Old 06-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Today is the first day that I have heard anybody mention hair loss, is this a common thing on IP, cause I sure don't want to lose my hair. Please if anybody has any info post it here.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #104  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Hello all,

It is my first time posting on here, I have been using the forum quite a bit for advice and answers to my questions, it has saved me a lot of phone calls to my coach! I figured I'd register to be able to get my own ticker at some point!

I'm in the middle of my 4th week on IP, and so far I LOVE the results. My in-laws were shocked to see me after only 2 weeks I'm having really bad nausea for the last 3 days or so, and I'm not exactly sure how to get rid of it. I used to eat a couple soda crackers, but those are off-limits now hehe. I've never been off ketosis since the start. If anyone has any tips they would be more than welcome to share them!

Hope everyone is having great success
Hello,

Make sure you are pregnant or not, because I have heard lots of people saying they experienced headaches the first week, but I am not quite sure if some have mentioned nausea.

Good luck
Old 06-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Today is the first day that I have heard anybody mention hair loss, is this a common thing on IP, cause I sure don't want to lose my hair. Please if anybody has any info post it here.
It's been mentioned a few times. Hair loss can be thyroid or hormone related. I started taking Biotin everyday. Good for hair and nails.
Closed Thread