Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Riss, you look great in your new pic.

Good Morning everyone

Went to the doc yesterday for my back and he sent me for an x-ray. We will see what they find tomorrow. In the meantime he gave me pain meds and muscle relaxers which make me feel a little loopy but they do take the edge off the pain. I also have to take it easy and use a heating pad. Oh what a shame I am ordered to lay around alot. LOL.

Have a great day Everybody and good luck at all the WI's today.

Thank you Carol. I don't think it is a very flattering photo, but it will do for now. Hopefully I will get a better on here in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I hope your little girl is OK

Thanks. Almost there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Rissmo - your photos are wonderful - hope your little girl is okay. I go to a rheumy too...Margaret
She is doing okay. It was her 3 month check up. She is a special needs child and 2 years ago she was diagnosed with a rare Auto Immune disease known as Scleroderma. There are 3 types of it, Morphea, which just affects the skin, Linear which leaves rings in the middle section and systemic which affects the skin and internal organs, she was diagnosed with the systemic as well as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus and Raynod's disease (they are all in the same family) Scleroderma is a disease where her skin hardens, it looks like ring worm, a lavender ring with a real hard shiney center. It will stay like that for about 5 years and then it softens and leaves this dark circle scar. She has 4 places on her body right now. We have had to become the type of parents that when she says something is wrong we have to take her in immediately to be checked. If she has problems breathing it could be hardening her lungs, but as long as her oxygen level stays at 99% we are okay. If she has problems swallowing it could be affecting her esophogus, problems with bowl movement, it could be affecting those, etc.... but they said that it would probably affect her lungs first. There is no cure for this, they can only treat the symptoms. They said that it was rare for her to have this type of disease and even rarer for her to have it at this age. Usually it is just the morphea kind that is seen. There is a thing that they could do as far as stem cell transplants, but she would have to go thru severe radical radiation to kill her system out and then they would do the stem cell. But it does not cure it, it just slows down the process and I do not want to put her thru all of that. She is on medication right now for the arthritis, she has it in her hands bad. Now they are sending her to a Neurologist because she has been having bad headaches which are more frequent and she has been having shakeing spells. So we will see what the say about this.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #17  

Quote:
Well I found a fat Chihuahua! Lost 7.2# for a total if 82.4# in 9 weeks. Whoo hoo!
You are doing FABULOUS!!! Way to go!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #18  

Quote:
Well I found a fat Chihuahua! Lost 7.2# for a total if 82.4# in 9 weeks. Whoo hoo!
WOOO HOOOO!!!! See I told you not to worry!! You are rocking this plan. So very proud of you!!!!!!!! Now send the Woosh Fairy my way please.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #19  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone, today is WI #7, last week I was "debbie downer" this week, the scale is moving again. I'll report the official tally this afternoon after WI.

Congrats USMCVET, you should be getting a phone call from animal control with all the Chihuahua's you've been losing LOL! So proud of your success, rock on!

Cadu, please feel better soon

Rissmo, hope your little one is better soon and here's something for you and the Whoosh Fairy!

Wishing everyone an OP day!

Smooches!

Last edited by shathom; 05-31-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #20  

Good morning!! It's a sunny and gorgeous day in Sask today! Birds singing, just home from an 11 k bike ride, and having my choc shake on the deck in the sun!!! Congrat to those good WIs and staying OP!! I love IP I find it fits in well with my lifestyle. And more than that, I love this board!!! Thanks to all of you for sharing and supporting and encouraging!! I love it here
Old 05-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #21  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

NSV last night. I went out to my truck last night to get something g. My son went with me. Walking back up the hill to the house Jack said Dad you're faster now. It took me a moment to understand. He meant I was walking up the hill faster. Jack is my biggest cheerleader!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All

Havent had much time to be on the boards but wanted to at least stop in and say Good Morning and Congrats to all the WI losses. Today I have my WI with my normal coach so we shall see. TOM is around the corner lurking soooooooo wish me luck. Have a good 100% OP day!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #23  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

I am starting back on IP (modified plan for cost reasons) Monday! Was on the diet from June 2010, fell off in January 2011 when I started planning my wedding - too much cake tasting going on to diet! After the wedding we got pregnant, and I now have a beautiful 5 week old little boy, and some extra unwanted weight!
It's going to be hard because I'm so exhausted right now, and harder because my husband won't diet and needs separate meals cooked, but if I don't start now I never will!!!
We have a trip to the beach planned for the first week of August and I would like to be down 30 pounds by then - I'm also breastfeeding so I hop that helps speed things along.
I didn't see any familiar faces in the board, so hello to everyone else, from the looks of it you're all doing amazing!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Rissmo, hope your little one is better soon and here's something for you and the Whoosh Fairy!

Wishing everyone an OP day!

Smooches!

Thank you. I am going to hold onto the and the Woosh Fairy until Tuesday. Unless someone needs them and I will gladly pass them on but would like them back for my weigh in. We don't have a fairy smilie so the wizard will have to do.

usmcvet: it's so good to have a cheerleader. My daughter made the comment the other day that I looked like a teenager now.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #25  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Hi everyone!

I am starting back on IP (modified plan for cost reasons) Monday! Was on the diet from June 2010, fell off in January 2011 when I started planning my wedding - too much cake tasting going on to diet! After the wedding we got pregnant, and I now have a beautiful 5 week old little boy, and some extra unwanted weight!
It's going to be hard because I'm so exhausted right now, and harder because my husband won't diet and needs separate meals cooked, but if I don't start now I never will!!!
We have a trip to the beach planned for the first week of August and I would like to be down 30 pounds by then - I'm also breastfeeding so I hop that helps speed things along.
I didn't see any familiar faces in the board, so hello to everyone else, from the looks of it you're all doing amazing!
Welcome back! Make sure you're getting enough calories while you're breast feeding. You might check with a lactation nurse or la leche league. I breast fed both of my kids for a year each, and I remember that the calorie requirements for breast feeding are higher than normal.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
WOO HOO!! Aren't you glad you did WI! It will make this next week much easier. Keep going - it's awesome.

[/QUOTE]She is on medication right now for the arthritis, she has it in her hands bad. Now they are sending her to a Neurologist because she has been having bad headaches which are more frequent and she has been having shakeing spells. So we will see what the say about this.[/QUOTE]

Riss - I will keep your little gal in my prayers. Glad she's got a Mommy and Daddy that love her and take care of her so well.

[QUOTE=TaylorMayde;4353513]Hi everyone!

My husband won't diet either - but I don't cook two meals. If I cook stir-fry, that is something everyone can eat - if I cook a piece of meat with veggies and lettuce, I cook the same thing for him, and add a potato and toast. Makes life much easier. Also, when I reached maintenance, will make it easier, because it needs to be a lifestyle change.

Good luck! You can do it. Congratulations on your new baby!!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning everyone!!

It feels like fall here! I had to start the furnace to take the chill off here.

My daughter wants to start the program with me! Excited - it will be good for her to lose some pounds before heading off to her first year of college.

. . . but boy - going to be an expensive year!!

Good luck to everyone today - on your WI's, and all other ventures you are undertaking today!

Have an OP day everyone. I'll check in later.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:22 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Default this may get a little TMI at the end (riskayy alert!) sorry but i had to tell someone

Wow Kay , thank you so much for the info/ comparisons! That makes me feel alot better. I emailed my clinic to see if they had heard the same thing about the jicama, but i more than likely won't get an answer until i ask in person at my weigh in on tuesday.

Well, I just checked my email and they sent me my before pictures per my request at my last weigh in. i wanted to do a before and after for my signature. I'm also going to print them out and put it on the fridge, so any time i think about doing something off program or something unhealthy on phase 2-4, i'll be reminded with my fat pic. It's enough for me. anyway I'm so happy for everyone's losses for the week so far! Keep up the good work! One pound at a time. I showed my husband my ticker and my dancing carrots last night and I said " I can't believe the stars are on that side of it now." His response was so cute. He said, "Oh man, you have so many carrots, and when you first started 3FC, you always envied the people with the tickers half way down or close to the end of the sliders..and you always said 'i'll never have that many carrots' ... and now you do!!" haha i love when he speaks my [our] language

on that note, and this is gonna get a little riskay.... but lately , he's really been appreciating my entire body more. I mean, we always had a pretty good sex life, but my god... i have to turn this guy down sometimes now... never would have been like that months ago with our once a week fling. He was taking his time noticing my hip bones, collar bones, shoulder blades...all these things that have been hiding under pounds of fat before... he's loving it and so am i. It's a whole new ball game all around. He's much happier, I'm much happier-- and healthier, so much healthier than before! The only thing that i'm self conscious about at all anymore is my "pouch" from the baby. Loose skin sucks, but i know there's not much i can do about it, and damn it i'm gonna wear it proudly

Hope this wasn't too much for an early morning update. lol. have a great OP day everyone!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

ucmsvet - congrats on dropping a puppy!! Amazing news!!! And your little boy sounds awesome.

sewmam - your dedication to getting things done constantly astounds me. Now that you've shared pictures of your renovated self, maybe you'll consider showing some of all your hard work around the house?

rissimo - you're poor, poor little girl. Sounds heartbreaking! I hope you can get some good direction and advice for her. You're in my thoughts.

cadu - rest up and let those meds do their thing! Hoping you get some answers - and relief! - soon.

prettyone, hyrysk and shathom - good luck at WI today!

taylormade - welcome back and congrats on your little one! As SewingMomma said be sure to take in extra calories as you're still breastfeeding.

kbig - here's hoping your theory is right and you have a great loss on Saturday. I'm just getting TOM back since I've been losing (I have PCOS and haven't had TOM in my life for two years now) so I'm also really trying to spot those patterns now that she's returned.

Big hellos to anyone I may have missed.

Not much new with me. Very much looking forward to this weekend - my 20th high school reunion. We were joking around about bringing our grad/prom dresses along for a fashion show so I pulled mine out of the closet yesterday for fun to try it on and it fell off me. Wasn't just a bit big - fell off. Insane. I weigh less now than I did at 18. I'm having a hard time even wrapping my brain around it, really. But at least I'm finally moving in the right direction.

Happy Thursday, all!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #30  

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone! I hope you all ave a great day! I have a day of house cleaning and then a Wii fit competition with my daughter. It is amazing how being down 20+ pounds can make such a difference in activity levels. Off to drink my choc shake.

Holly
Closed Thread