Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #16  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Okay I'm getting ready to leave for the day. I hope you all have an awesome OP day. FYI: If the scale does not cooperate today I may start stripping down and scaring everyone else out of the clinic. If you hear screams of horror and giggles you know why.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Smile

i didn't know about the 2 free egg whites - that's great news!
I'm just here to say good morning - here in eastern PA, near Philly , we woke to an absolutely beautiful blue sky breezy day. I wanted to share that yesterday I went on a field trip with my son's class to Independence hall and the constitution center in Philly. 1.5 mile walking tour got me some good exercise; i got to 'relearn' some American history AND - i am proud to say i AVOIDED the philly soft pretzels! I 'felt' all of you with me. I love love love soft pretzels, but I bought one for my son and got myself a bottle of water only. We had a box lunch; I ate the grilled chicken and lettuce/tomato and gave the roll to my boy, along with the chips and cookie. It felt good. Thanks for being here!
Renee
Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

So I had WI #5 yesterday and I am down another 3.5 pounds ... bringing me to 20 pounds total !!! Yay!!! I can't even say I wish I wish I was losing faster because I am just SO happy I am losing. Whatever it is I'll take it!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 194/162.4/130

Height: 5'3"

WI is Saturday, not sure how great it'll be since I've had to remain sedentary this week because of these shingles and pain. Hopefully I'll feel better soon and get back to walking and exercising. Need to work on my water intake too...congrats to everyone on the WI and to finding old new clothes....what a great feeling!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 222/187/140

[quote=Sewmam;4336500]
Yesterday, I had to force myself to paint my back enclosed porch. I'm not even hormonal, as I am in menopause, but I just felt so weary and tired of this working so hard business. I know that if I don't push myself, nothing will get done and I will get no closer to my goal of selling the house, moving somewhere warm, living in a small place with no upkeep so I can focus on my art and music. I'm just so tired. I'm always so tired and have felt like this for over 12 years. Sorry...I needed to moan a bit. I really do try to stay upbeat but sometimes the pity-party will eek out, like it or not!

Sewmam...I don't post much, but read everyday and I really look forward to your posts! No matter what you pull yourself up by your bootstraps and keep on, keeping on! I really admire that. Thank you for my daily inspiration!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Pretty: nice WI! Congrats!
Thanks Dakin, have a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Prettyone- Great job!! I have my 3rd WI on Saturday, hope I continue to lose! Make it a great day!
Thanks Dizzyjean, good luck on your WI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Awesome! It's TOM for me as well, so that put a stall on my weight loss this week. But I stepped on the scale this morning, and it's moving in the right direction again.
Thanks Oojoy I was surprised to see that the week before and the week on I actually lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Pretty, GREAT WI, awesome.
Thanks shathom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!!!

Dropped off a bunch of stuff at Salvation Army yesterday and got some groceries. Seems like I live at the grocery store these days...

Yesterday, I had to force myself to paint my back enclosed porch. I'm not even hormonal, as I am in menopause, but I just felt so weary and tired of this working so hard business. I know that if I don't push myself, nothing will get done and I will get no closer to my goal of selling the house, moving somewhere warm, living in a small place with no upkeep so I can focus on my art and music. I'm just so tired. I'm always so tired and have felt like this for over 12 years. Sorry...I needed to moan a bit. I really do try to stay upbeat but sometimes the pity-party will eek out, like it or not!

So, back to the porch today, full steam ahead. Maybe get started on the basement. Have a load of recycling in the truck for the next time I go into town. It still amazes me that in this day and age, the garbage haulers in rural areas do not take recycling.

Prettyone: congrats on your progress !!! You have such a lovely smile!
Thanks Sewmam. Smiling is something I do without knowing. Life makes me smile. I feel the same way Im going to the store more and more but the weight is dropping so Im not complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Prettyone!!!

You got rid of that tire you wanted to! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I knew you would do it. And 23.25 inches lost is wonderful. I sat in a chair yesterday, with my duty belt on that I could not have a few months ago. It was snug but not uncomfortable. You must be feeling similar things too.
Thanks usmcvet. Yes I did and I even did a lil dance for my coach lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Whooo hoooo pretty. congrats!!!!! .
Thanks Cadu. Thanks to your post the other day I've been doing much better with measuring my veggies.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #22  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Morning,
Can I just say how much I love to grill! Last night I grilled a pork tenderloin and turnip and rutabaga fries yummy. All is going well on IP lovin' being a loser.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Does the "I'm always snacky" feeling EVER go away? I've been IP for two weeks and I really feel like I'm going crazy every day because I can't stop feeling snacky. Yesterday was horrible for it and I ate SO much lettuce I think I'm going to turn into a head of romaine.

Please, please, please tell me it will pass soon.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #24  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
Good morning,
Yesterday was my first weigh in down 7.5 pounds. But today I stepped on the scale and I'm up a pound!! I was feeling amazing yesterday, lots of energy. Now today I'm just bummed out. I didn't change anything yesterday compared to any other day.
Morning Mama21: So our bodies can fluctuate easily a pound or more on a given day, so don't let it get you down. Actually, they say it's better to not weigh daily. I am at this point but I'm also noting whether I exercise, what I eat for dinner, whether I eat a restricted etc. to look for trends and patterns. I was up 1.6 pounds on Tuesday this week (WI is Monday) and I didn't let it get to me, just noted what I had eaten on Monday and worked out a little "extra" (I mowed the lawn for 45 minutes+walked my 2 miles). Use the numbers as a guide IF YOU MUST WEIGH DAILY, but don't let them rule you, especially when your body is still acclimating to this new style of energy. Oh, and if you had a little extra salt any time in the evening, you'll retain water sometimes and THAT can add on extra weight for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
I have a question about egg whites. I see a lot recipes or discussions about using egg whites. I was checking out the nutritional statement which says that the whites only have 0.2 g fat and 0 carbs and sugar and 6g protein. Could this be used is phase 1? I like egg white omelets and thought this would be a nice lunch with an IP protein drink.
Have a great OP day!!!
I hear some people use egg whites in place of a packet once and a while, but otherwise I think it is ... 2 or 3 whole eggs for your "dinner" protein portion? I forget as I'm technically not on IP. "Poultry: (skinless)Chicken,Fowl,Quails,Turkey,(2)WholeEggs, WildBirds" from one of the IP Phase I sheets, not sure how old it is, Wuv might have a more up to date sheet or one of the other folks here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
I went from a tight 12 to a comfortable 4-6!!! And to top it all off it is long weekend in Canada this weekend. Could life get any better?
PEIslandGirl: I notice we are the same height (in theory). Do you know if you are a "small" or "medium" build? I don't think I've ever been a 4/6 in my life, but if getting to 140 (current goal 135, might change as I get closer) would get me from the size I am now (14ish) to a 6, I'd do a happy dance. I'm a medium frame (did the wrist measurement thing) with "child bearing hips" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Awesome! It's TOM for me as well, so that put a stall on my weight loss this week. But I stepped on the scale this morning, and it's moving in the right direction again.
Kind of creepy, TOM crept up on me early this month too, plus the DAILY spotting I've had this whole freaking time (gah!!!) Actually had cramps this morning, but the scale said -2.2 lbs from yesterday, so I'll suffer the cramps and call it strength building
Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!! I haven't stepped out, but It looks beautiful outside.

My youngest son is here for a visit. He is 23. It is so great to have him here a couple of days!! I will be busy visiting with him today.

Lost 1.6 lbs this week. I sometimes wish my losses would be giganto, but I am really working on acceptance! I am going to think that, at this time, that is the perfect loss for me! When a significant amount needs to be lost, it is the gradual change over time that is important. I know this, but sometimes I feel greedy. Really am asking for some contentment with the process and trust in it today!

Hope everyone finds joy along the way today! We all deserve it!

Last edited by Samba; 05-17-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #26  
04/23/12~Kara

I'm awake!! i'm awake!! and I'm Caffeinated!!!!!!! Oh god I forget sometimes what it is like to have coffee in the morning. Last ... um... 4 mornings I've had my scoop of shake stuff in hot coffee or made it into a frappuccino. Today was the first day I didn't use the blender, and I'll admit, I like the blender more! It turns out sooo good and foamy foamy fun-ness, how can I go wrong with that right? Even without the ice it's cool to make it be foamy and add to coffee and have the coffee feel like a latte (as opposed to frappuccino)

Enough of coffee talk...man I'm hyper, ugh! I found out I'm down 2.2 lbs from yesterday (thinking maybe C visited me Tuesday from Monday's debauchery, and didn't leave til AFTER weigh in yesterday). I also found out that despite me HATING how mad and "b**chy I am all the time, DH apparently finds it super um...cookie-baking material... lol. He said it's good for me to stand up to him (I'm super submissive to him normally, it's sad). So now I'm hoping after I lose the weight I'll have enough of this feeling to be able to have it be a somewhat habit with him, just not the rest of the world. Also, DH took the wheels off my motorcycle tonight and is taking them down to get the tires replaced (tires were 5 years old, that's dangerous on a sport bike), so as of tomorrow, I GET TO RIDE MY MOTORCYCLE AGAIN!!! Haven't ridden since LAST september and oh my gosh I totally have "the itch"!

So overall - my day is kind of going super, and I PRAY it stays that way, just for today. The world can suck tomorrow, but today I really want to ride on this emotional high.

Happy OP Day for everyone I hope, good luck on your weigh ins and if I see the Whoosh fairy I'll send her your way!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #27  
04/23/12~Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

My youngest son is here for a visit. He is 23. It is so great to have him here a couple of days!! I will be busy visiting with him today.

Lost 1.6 lbs this week. I sometimes wish my losses would be giganto, but I am really working on acceptance! I am going to think that, at this time, that is the perfect loss for me! When a significant amount needs to be lost, it is the gradual change over time that is important. I know this, but sometimes I feel greedy. Really am asking for some contentment with the process and trust in it today!

Haha, your son is the same age as one of our "adopted" kids. He's 22 (or will be soon), me and DH are 27/29 respectively but he acts like he's 12 (the friend, not DH) so we call him our kid. 1.6 LBS is still a great loss, and you're within like 20 pounds of goal, so loss might slow down. Still though, 1.6 is a good number, better than a + or a 0
Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyminny26 View Post
WI is Saturday, not sure how great it'll be since I've had to remain sedentary this week because of these shingles and pain. Hopefully I'll feel better soon and get back to walking and exercising. Need to work on my water intake too...congrats to everyone on the WI and to finding old new clothes....what a great feeling!!!
Hope you are feeling better soon, too! Good luck Saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
So I had WI #5 yesterday and I am down another 3.5 pounds ... bringing me to 20 pounds total !!! Yay!!! I can't even say I wish I wish I was losing faster because I am just SO happy I am losing. Whatever it is I'll take it!
I love your attitude and your weight loss!! You are doing great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
i didn't know about the 2 free egg whites - that's great news!
I'm just here to say good morning - here in eastern PA, near Philly , we woke to an absolutely beautiful blue sky breezy day. I wanted to share that yesterday I went on a field trip with my son's class to Independence hall and the constitution center in Philly. 1.5 mile walking tour got me some good exercise; i got to 'relearn' some American history AND - i am proud to say i AVOIDED the philly soft pretzels! I 'felt' all of you with me. I love love love soft pretzels, but I bought one for my son and got myself a bottle of water only. We had a box lunch; I ate the grilled chicken and lettuce/tomato and gave the roll to my boy, along with the chips and cookie. It felt good. Thanks for being here!
Renee
Sounds like a fun field trip!! Good for you excersizing your will power so well! You deserve a cheer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Okay I'm getting ready to leave for the day. I hope you all have an awesome OP day. FYI: If the scale does not cooperate today I may start stripping down and scaring everyone else out of the clinic. If you hear screams of horror and giggles you know why.
Now that really would be funny; but I am afraid they would cart you off to jail!!lol Oh, that's right you're the police chief!! Hope your scale reads well with clothes on
Old 05-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

I like your attitude!! It is hard not to want more but you are right we just need to be contented with what is. I wish I was losing faster but have to just be thankful that the scales are going down instead of up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I'm awake!! i'm awake!! and I'm Caffeinated!!!!!!! Oh god I forget sometimes what it is like to have coffee in the morning. Last ... um... 4 mornings I've had my scoop of shake stuff in hot coffee or made it into a frappuccino. Today was the first day I didn't use the blender, and I'll admit, I like the blender more! It turns out sooo good and foamy foamy fun-ness, how can I go wrong with that right? Even without the ice it's cool to make it be foamy and add to coffee and have the coffee feel like a latte (as opposed to frappuccino)

Enough of coffee talk...man I'm hyper, ugh! I found out I'm down 2.2 lbs from yesterday (thinking maybe C visited me Tuesday from Monday's debauchery, and didn't leave til AFTER weigh in yesterday). I also found out that despite me HATING how mad and "b**chy I am all the time, DH apparently finds it super um...cookie-baking material... lol. He said it's good for me to stand up to him (I'm super submissive to him normally, it's sad). So now I'm hoping after I lose the weight I'll have enough of this feeling to be able to have it be a somewhat habit with him, just not the rest of the world. Also, DH took the wheels off my motorcycle tonight and is taking them down to get the tires replaced (tires were 5 years old, that's dangerous on a sport bike), so as of tomorrow, I GET TO RIDE MY MOTORCYCLE AGAIN!!! Haven't ridden since LAST september and oh my gosh I totally have "the itch"!

So overall - my day is kind of going super, and I PRAY it stays that way, just for today. The world can suck tomorrow, but today I really want to ride on this emotional high.

Happy OP Day for everyone I hope, good luck on your weigh ins and if I see the Whoosh fairy I'll send her your way!
Have fun on that bike (if it works out). I too used to ride when I was younger, it started out off road trail bikes to Harley road riding with my ex. He used to flat track race so we went all over the US racing for a number of years. I love the smell of Castrol motoroil and the throaty purr of a big twin Harely.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #30  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Hey everyone! Happy thursday!

I am so excited for today- I am getting my hair cut and colored for the first time since on IP. I feel like its my mini-makeover!! I actually think I am going to hit my goal this week (I sneak peeked at my scaled and got butterflies).

After the cut/color I am doing a hair trial for my wedding!

Gah so exciting!!!!! I am in such a good mood and hope some of this will rub off on everyone else here!!!
Closed Thread