Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #106  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
I always thought I was medium frame until I lost weight and now according to my wrist I am small frame, I still think I am more the medium frame. My shape would be hour glass but I am all legs with a short waist - so that might make a difference. I have in the past been up to a 14-16, so I think it is more that possible for you to get down to a 6!
Talk about motivating, hooray! I think I was a 7 in my freshman year of high school...maybe 8th grade (middle school) but was a 9/11 for most of high school. My doctor says I'm a "Pear" shape body, which sucks lol, so much rather be hour glass I think. I have to wear "long" pants or they are up to my ankles and that bugs me, and my torso is "medium" to shortish, currently i'm 36/34/45 (yikes!) lol but I know I lose weight from the top to the bottom.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #107  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Looks like the afternoon WI's were successful. USMC congrats on reaching a new milestone, it has gone by quickly hasn't it? On to the next one now!!...WOOHOOO
Old 05-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk33 View Post

Sewmam...I don't post much, but read everyday and I really look forward to your posts! No matter what you pull yourself up by your bootstraps and keep on, keeping on! I really admire that. Thank you for my daily inspiration!
Why thank you my dear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Morning,
Can I just say how much I love to grill! Last night I grilled a pork tenderloin and turnip and rutabaga fries yummy. All is going well on IP lovin' being a loser.
ohhhh....I was thinking of grilling some fish for dinner and now I know what else I'll grill- my turnips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Good morning all!! I haven't stepped out, but It looks beautiful outside.

My youngest son is here for a visit. He is 23. It is so great to have him here a couple of days!! I will be busy visiting with him today.
Hello Samba - hope you found your joy today with your son.

Kaypix: as usual, you crack me up!

---

Well, I think the bloody back porch is finally done. I got some wood and patched up a couple spots, caulked, painted the outside. Got the two doors painted too. Am trying to rally this evening, so I can do work out what songs I'll play for the dulcimer festival in a few weeks. It's so easy to just go to sleep when I'm this tired!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #109  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Ok, so I am going to share with y'all something I find really funny. I joined a Dating site right? Well I make my profile out with hobbies and all of that jazz then let everyone know that I am a BBW but I am a smaller one cuz I have loss 156lbs in the last year. I have gotten a few email from some guys but not asking me out, they wanna know how I did it....lmao....not ONE has even remotely said something about going on a date....I think this is funny as heck. 3 guys have already called my clinic to sign up....lmao....how funny is that?
Old 05-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

I forgot to ask my coach at this week's weigh-in...does ice tea count towards my water intake for the day? If so, how much does it count for? By that I mean could I drink 64 oz of ice tea (not that I would) and say I've met my water goal?
Old 05-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #111  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

have a wonderful evening all

Last edited by shathom; 05-17-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: testing signature
Old 05-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #112  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
Just dropped in to say good morning. Actually feeling pretty good today, feel like i have tons of energy actually!!!. I have to say i'm really liking IP. I didn't think i was going to get past week 2 with all the headaches but this is week 3 and i've been headache free for 3 days now!!

I have a question about egg whites. I see a lot recipes or discussions about using egg whites. I was checking out the nutritional statement which says that the whites only have 0.2 g fat and 0 carbs and sugar and 6g protein. Could this be used is phase 1? I like egg white omelets and thought this would be a nice lunch with an IP protein drink.

Have a great OP day!!!
My coach allows one egg white per day. I have made some of the recipes with only one, and they seem to turn our pretty good. Glad you're liking IP...me too!

WI #9 last night and lost a pound. As alot of you have said, a loss is still a loss. Still staying 100% OP.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #113  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I made it to my weekly goal and squeaked into the 300's, by a fat 5.6 # Chiuaua!

I need to work again this week on getting in my veggies and drinking enough water. My coach was great. I walked in and she hit me with a couple of nice complements. She was right too the measurements showed another inch down in my chest and my belly. I also need to work on eating only one restricted a day. I'm not sure about you all but I still need a mid morning snack, I bought extra vanilla and chocolate shakes, I love them and they are quick and easy. I think that is why I will pull out a protein bar or another restricted snack because doesn't need a trip to the stove or microwave. I also added the wild berry yogurt drink, pretty good at only 4 carbs. Two of my FB friends went to an informational meeting at the clinic I go to. I don't know who yet but I am excited about that. It is nice to know others will be joining us on this IP journey. A cool bonus which I was not aware of was a free box for every referral who joins. My coach sent me away with a box of wild berry yogurt drink mix today even though they've not joined yet. Sweet!
Wow, you are doing an amazing job. I always look forward to your post. A big congrats on hitting the 3's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
I forgot to ask my coach at this week's weigh-in...does ice tea count towards my water intake for the day? If so, how much does it count for? By that I mean could I drink 64 oz of ice tea (not that I would) and say I've met my water goal?
As long as the tea is decalf you can count it as water.

So many great WI's today, congrats to all of you!!!

Today marks 7 months 100% on IP for me. I had a nice me NSV today which was a nice treat. I ran into several people I know who I have't seen for awhile. They couldn't get over the change in me. They all wanted to know my secret. They asked if I was done and when I told them I still wanted to loose another 40 pounds plus they all looked shocked. They obvisously haven't seen my thighs.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
My coach said no - they prefer water - She told me I could use caffeine free - but caffeine is a diuretic and needs to be replaced by water.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #115  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

Today marks 7 months 100% on IP for me. I had a nice me NSV today which was a nice treat. I ran into several people I know who I have't seen for awhile. They couldn't get over the change in me. They all wanted to know my secret. They asked if I was done and when I told them I still wanted to loose another 40 pounds plus they all looked shocked. They obvisously haven't seen my thighs.
I get that a lot from people. They ask, "Where is it going to come from?" I'm like, "Hello! I weigh 180 pounds. That's nowhere near thin!"
Old 05-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #116  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Yeah, unfortunately my "cookie baking" has been stalled out due to life being a little hectic right now, but I know "eventually" it'll calm down enough to get a whole "batch" going lol! Let me know how the container garden goes with the peppers. I really want to plant some but my biggest container is only about 14" across and 12" deep, so I think that'd be too small?
~And icing on the cake, I GOT MY SIGNATURE LINE TODAY!!!!!! *JUMP JUMP JUMP*
When things 'jive' so that you can devote time and attention to a whole 'batch' of cookie baking, just think how you can doubly enjoy it.... knowing all the benefits you'll be reaping! LOL.

And your container sounds big enough to me for a pepper plant. On the YouTube videos they were using some that were around that size. I think it would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Ach! I forgot! Do we count actual carbs or net carbs? I'm doing alternative and am trying to avoid anything higher than 10 ACTUAL carbs...but people at the nutrition store are bragging up stuff that has 25 ACTUAL carbs but breaks down to like, 4 NET carbs... I so confused!!!!
Net carbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Well, I think the bloody back porch is finally done. I got some wood and patched up a couple spots, caulked, painted the outside. Got the two doors painted too. Am trying to rally this evening, so I can do work out what songs I'll play for the dulcimer festival in a few weeks. It's so easy to just go to sleep when I'm this tired!
I can't help but think of all the free time you're going to have once you get your house all ship-shape for selling. You've been driving yourself so hard these past weeks... You won't know what to do with yourself!

---------------------

Another perk today! My local supermarket now has MIO! No more going to an out of the way store for it... restocking can just be part of my regular grocery shopping now. Love it. I feel truly blessed today... lots of progress with my gardening.... found Pure Protein Vanilla Creme Shakes which I love!... and my regular supermarket stocks MIO! Woo-hoo!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #117  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Ok, so I am going to share with y'all something I find really funny. I joined a Dating site right? Well I make my profile out with hobbies and all of that jazz then let everyone know that I am a BBW but I am a smaller one cuz I have loss 156lbs in the last year. I have gotten a few email from some guys but not asking me out, they wanna know how I did it....lmao....not ONE has even remotely said something about going on a date....I think this is funny as heck. 3 guys have already called my clinic to sign up....lmao....how funny is that?
Well you are a pretty inspirational woman! Hey does that mean 3 boxes of IP for you from your clinic?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #118  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Looks like the afternoon WI's were successful. USMC congrats on reaching a new milestone, it has gone by quickly hasn't it? On to the next one now!!...WOOHOOO
Thank you wuv, it has gone fast, so fast I am worried it will stop but it has not. I would have been crushed if I had not broken into the 300's and I was disappointed at the difference between my scale at 392 and the clinics scale at 399. BUT I MADE IT out from the big nasty 400's I actually cried in the shower a few happy tears this morning, I also obsessed over the scale. I got on at least four times this morning. I still have quite a way to go but it seems so doable now when just two months ago it was "impossible" and depressing to think about it and I thought about it constantly.

NSV tonight for me a few actually. I am my the den leader for my son Jack and tonight was our last meeting. I took the boys and my girls our for a cremee (soft serve ice cream) tonight. I knew I would be okay not having one, NSV#1. One of the boys suggested we walk to the Cremee stand, something that I would not have done 2 months ago, it would have been too hard. We walked down ordered ice cream, walked to the park and the kids ate and played. All three of my kids came up to me when they could not finish theirs. All three times I said that's okay, just throw it away, Daddy can't have any. 2 months ago I would have eaten at least one of them if not all three! For me the walking and then standing around was the biggest NSV yet. I even spoke to Jack as we walked back to the church where we have our meetings and said hey buddy did you notice I'm not having any trouble walking and keeping up with you! He smiled and I asked him how much he weighed. He thought it was 72#'s, which I knew. Then I told him how much I'd lost and I was less than a pound away from loosing a whole Jack.

Thanks for listening to my babbling. As a good friend of mine would say, Smooches!

We went to Simply Subs their maple Cremee was a popular flavor tonight. http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/545619

http://simplysubs.us/
Old 05-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #119  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

We don't have MIO here, but today I found some water flavors that are 0/0/0 and made with splenda, not aspartame. They're okay, right?

I don't even plan to drink them anyway, they make me feel too full for some reason, I'm about to explode lol, I plan on using them to make my own jello
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

USMCVET - I remember sitting down and thinking that I could not possibly loose 120 pounds on my own and that I was going to have to get surgery to ever get thin. And then I decided to give this a shot and it has been pretty easy so far. I think this website helps so much. You have done so well already I know that we both will go the distance. Actually, I look forward to going there with you, you are fun and full of energy!
Closed Thread