Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
So happy for you! Congrats!
Thanks Ducksmy even after beating myself up all week. When I went to WI she was like just think this is all fat. Its going to start rolling. I guess looking at the overall pic I felt better
Old 05-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Good Day all. Thrilled with my first WI and looking forward to the next week. Loving all the tips, advice and recipes on the site here. As a man, I didnt really do a lot of 'cooking' just a lot of eating and as the only person in the family doing the diet, I am now cooking. Takes a lot more work and preparation that a good ole box of KD and a hot dog LOL. You women that do the cooking deserve more credit than we give you (at least in my case).

Only been on the site for a few days, but am amazed to see the varied information between coaches, centers, and countries. You would think a company as large as IP would be able to get their chit together in a much more organized fashion...For me this is the ONLY negative I have seen, so I guess I can live with that.

Again, to all of you posting the great recipes, it is very appreciated!
Welcome to this site. It is fabulous, and the diet is fantastic!! I have never stuck it anything for 8 weeks ever....still going strong, even while traveling to Baltimore for the weekend....my NSV!!
I agree on the coaches, soooo many different opinions for sure, mine so far are so good!
Good luck in the cooking department, I used to hate cooking, now I don't mind it at all, but yes a lot of work! My favorites the IP pancakes made with wild berry drink mix....fab!

Good luck on your journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by med22 View Post
Hello Everyone! I am excited for another new day! Once again I am new to this and I am looking forward to all the great support and advice! My second WI is tomorrow and I am hoping for good results! I am happy to say I am OP 100% and have not even been close to cheating. The mango drinks really help me! I usually have one for breakfast unless I have oatmeal and one for my snack. Pretty tasty! Looking forward to a nice grilled chicken salad for dinner! I hope everyone has a great day and have successful WI!

Welcome and good luck on your weigh, great loss on your first, way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiipa View Post
Well, here I go. A three day trip tp Space Camp in Alabama (yes, the one that was shot at yesterday) with 300 5th graders. The shakes and snacks are packed. We shall see if I can stay on program with the cafeteria food provided or if I have to sneak away to Walmart
Have a great OP day
Good luck with the caf. food! Those temptations can be tough, but u can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Good morning everyone!! It's Friday!!

I am off to the dog show. We are showing our young German Shepherd that my friend and I bred. Another friend is handling her for us. The handler is also my fellow IPer who got me started on this journey. We have trained a lot of dogs and now lost a lot of weight together!

It is so great to see the new people joining the board. This has been a great place for me.

My dog and IP friend just got back from our IP clinic. It was a 24 hour drive! Normally, I get my packets shipped. She brought me back some RTDs as there was no mailing to be done. Looking forward to trying them.

Now it is time to get the rest of the dogs situated and then off to the show!

Good luck at the dog show, hope she does well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikara View Post
Happy Friday everyone! Had WI #1 last night and am down 5.2 lbs! Woot woot!! DH was 11.8 lbs down so all in all it has been a fabulous week (minus the occasional desire to kill someone!).

Have a great weekend and remember...it's never worth it to cheat even a little bit on IP no matter what you have going on! If you can make it through a party or a big event then you will be that much closer to your goal - a NEW YOU!!
Great loss for both of you, and thanks for the reminder of the importance of staying OP!!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Good morning everyone! Day 4 and I woke up feeling a little run down. Just shaky and week feeling. Oh well, that's life I guess. I have my first WI tomorrow and I'm excited to see the results! I decided to start on May 1, but my WIs are on Saturdays, so this won't be a full week, but it'll be nice to see where I am this early in the game. I hope everyone has a great day!
I found day 4 to be the hardest of them all so I totally sympathize! Feels like you have the flu, almost? Yup, I feel (felt) your pain!

All I can say is that I PROMISE YOU it gets better. Short term pain for long term loss!! Hang in there.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #49  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdycty View Post
UGH I just realized that I forgot my IP drink for breakfast and lunch at home today.
Lunch is not really a big deal because I have my salad...but what do I do about breakfast????
HELP WHAT DO I DO????
Can you order anything for delivery? Or ask to take lunch early and go pick something up? I keep lots of IP and Proto Thin (alternatives) in a desk drawer at work along with a second shaker and some stuff in my truck.

Hard boiled eggs work well for me in a pinch some convenience store have them. I'm sure a restaurant could make them. Good luck and don't beat yourself up. This is how we all learn.

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-04-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I've been on the diet 1 week today. I've been told that this is the hardest week. Haha, I sure hope so. I've been hungry, bu adjusting. First WI today...We'll see how its working. I do like the drinks, they are easy to drink, so I don't have to spend too much time thinking about food(though I do anyway).
Thanks to all who post on the forum. This is very encouraging, and will help me alot to be a part of the group. Thanks, all!
It was the hardest for me, it gets to be second nature for most! Good uck on your second week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
Today is WI day! I am finding that I am really excited about WI day! I try to keep in mind that no matter what the scale says any loss is a great thing but of course I am also saying "Please, please, please let me be in the 180's."

Have a great day everyone!
Good luck any loss is a good loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good Morning. Just had my herb and cheese omelet with mushrooms, red pepper and a few banana peppers. Awesome and filling.

I hope everyone has a great day and stays OP! Keep up the hard work. Last. Right I resisted the urge to eat before bed. It was hard but I exercised my willpower it hasn't been used too much for years. So that's a NSV for me, resisting the desire to eat when I know I'm not hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Good for you! I also had a hard time staying away from the fridge last night, but I did it. Great NSV!
Great job to both both of you for not snacking!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
Very disappointing WI #7- no loss and last week was only 1.6 I only have 1.5 weeks left to get down to 156 for my military weigh in. Making some big changes this week:
  • starting the cleanse
  • using EVOO as a dressing instead of cooking with it
  • measuring my salt
  • measuring my veggies (I have gotten bad about this...)
  • no more extracts (I was using alcohol free), very limited WF products, no more baking powder
  • decreasing cal mag to 2/day
I have been 100% OP this whole time! My coach is concerned that stress has something to do with it. I am supposed to go to Afghanistan in July (I have a 3 year old and an 18 months old...makes it very hard to leave!)- we were already trying to get pregnant before we found out using fertility meds, so we have continued with that in hopes that I get pregnant before July but we havent had any luck so far in the past 3 months, I have to be within military standards by next week or I will be ineligible to go and my career will be affected, our house is for sale so we can try to move closer to my parents before I have to leave, etc, etc. The good thing is, IP has given me something to focus on so I dont spend so much time worrying about things I have no control over!

My coach is going to an IP conference in Chicago this weekend, I hope she finds out some good info This is going to be a BIG week for me!!
Sounds like you have a lot of stress! Makes it harder trying to meet a weight with a dead line. Hope your changes are a success!! Good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good morning All.

WI went well yesterday so far all together I have lost 13 lbs and 15.75 inches since I started on 4/20/12. Of course I was looking for a double digit lost but I will take a 3 lbs solid fat loss this time I gained 1 lean mass. Overall things are going well. Thanks again for the encouragement and keeping me on my toes. You guys rock!~
Great weight loss......keep going your doing great!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #51  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to all the great WIs I've noticed above. Everyone is doing so well. I just love it! And hugs to all the newbies out there who are 'suffering' through their first week - that is definitely the hardest part. Have faith - keep strongly 100% on program - keep your eye on the long-term prize - and keep on truckin'.

There must have been something in the air last night... I've been generally quite satisfied with my meals, etc., but for some reason I also experienced a moment of temptation last night and really wanted a second protein bar. The nutritional values of the alternate bars I was contemplating wouldn't have done too much harm to me carb/sugar/fat/cals wise, but I knew I didn't *need* it - and I did talk myself out of it. I had a cup of decaf tea instead and soon forgot about it. But the temptation flared it's ugly little head.

I had a great NSV moment this morning as I got dressed. I pulled on the bottoms of a lounger-type outfit I haven't worn for about 3 weeks. They have a draw-string waist and there hadn't been a lot of extra 'wiggle-room' around the waist. Ditto the top, which is tunic style and buttons up the front. It was definitely snug over belly.
This morning... I had to draw that drawstring in a whole bunch of inches! I was amazed! I knew I've been 'feeling' slimmer, but I haven't been measuring my inches - only the lbs on the scale. I put on the tunic top and buttoned it up, and was thrilled to be able to collect up several loose inches of fabric around my middle! 3 weeks ago there was no way for that - it went around me and buttoned, but definitely without those inches of fabric to spare. Whoohoo! Feels good!

I also was looking at my coffee mug this morning, and reminding myself that while I've 'only' lost just shy of 15 lbs total to date, that means that I've 'released' the equivalent of probably about 10 coffee-mug-sized bunches of fat from my body! (I'm allowing close to 5 lbs for water loss in week 1). When I look at things that way... well - I feel darned proud of myself and definitely motiviated and positive about shedding that next 15 lbs... and more until I hit my goal.

I'm still experimenting with my waffle iron today (yesterday's experiment was a bit of a disaster - I won't go there - LOL). Hopefully today's turns out better!

Wishing everyone a great 100% IP Day. You can do it!! WE can do it!!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

TGIF ... IPeeps! well my friend is giving her Cinco De' Drinko annual bash. I dont think Imma go .. I dont think Im strong enuf to be around 100 drinking celebratory folks and not have ANY ALCOHOL.

going to dinner and not ordering wine is easy. going to a drinking party and not drinking.... I know my limitations... its more important for me to stay OP than to drink right now.

Oh well I will drink again .... I will be a size 8 drinking tho!

TGIF!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Good Day all. Thrilled with my first WI and looking forward to the next week. Loving all the tips, advice and recipes on the site here. As a man, I didnt really do a lot of 'cooking' just a lot of eating and as the only person in the family doing the diet, I am now cooking. Takes a lot more work and preparation that a good ole box of KD and a hot dog LOL. You women that do the cooking deserve more credit than we give you (at least in my case).

Only been on the site for a few days, but am amazed to see the varied information between coaches, centers, and countries. You would think a company as large as IP would be able to get their chit together in a much more organized fashion...For me this is the ONLY negative I have seen, so I guess I can live with that.

Again, to all of you posting the great recipes, it is very appreciated!
I totally agree, we should all be on the same page.

Last edited by ProteinGal; 05-04-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Orignally posted by evepet
I also was looking at my coffee mug this morning, and reminding myself that while I've 'only' lost just shy of 15 lbs total to date, that means that I've 'released' the equivalent of probably about 10 coffee-mug-sized bunches of fat from my body! (I'm allowing close to 5 lbs for water loss in week 1). When I look at things that way... well - I feel darned proud of myself and definitely motiviated and positive about shedding that next 15 lbs... and more until I hit my goal.
You have done great!! I look at your stats we are close; but I have been a slow loser. Only lost 5 lbs combined in first two weeks but now last WI was down 5.5...So I am thinking maybe I really was (as my ex used to say) full of s**t. lol
Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdycty View Post
I am already at work, no leaving...
Hard boiled eggs ? Omelet with veggies if possible.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
Good Morning! I have my first weigh in today at lunch! SUPER excited! I have noticed my clothes are not so tight so hopefully that means a significant loss!! Good luck to everyone else today with weigh ins! I will share my results after I get back!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Good luck on the weigh in....the first is usually always a goody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offkilter View Post
Last night I was so close to cheating. I was SO tired, craving bread, and just had had a really rough day. Then my baby walked for the first time! We'd all had a bad day (baby was fussy all day, hubby had new job plans fall through). But his walking just put us all in good spirits. He was laughing so hard as he toddled back and forth between DH and me he was falling down. So I can't say I enjoyed my dinner (I really actually kind of hated it), but with my better mood I didn't cheat.
Good for you for not cheating. Little ones first steps are so special. Get ready to start running

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
Getting ready to go in for my 2nd weigh in this morning. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for all the encouraging posts. It's fun and motivating to sit and read others who are going through the same challenges.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Morning all!!
Sounds like a lot of us had trouble staying OP last night. I so wanted another restricted bar after having my one. I just went to bed to forget about it. A big NSV for all of us that overcame those temptations! One day at a time!
Agree....great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
I don't think my weight is moving downwards very much this week, so if anyone finds the woosh fairy please send her to my place as I would really like to get into the 180's next week. It is a gorgeous Friday morning here in Brampton, Ont. Canada, the sun is shining and it is already 16 degress Celsius. I would like to wish everyone a great OP weekend.

Good luck, it will likely move but if not that is ok.....inches are waiting away I am sure! I hear it is nice back home, I am in Baltimore visiting my brother this weekend. So far a little cool and foggy, but when I checked the weather on Wednesday it was suppose to be 31.......waiting patiently for that
Old 05-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #57  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Good Friday morning. I am feeling so excited today. Starting at a new clinic and have spoken to the coach twice all ready on the phone. I'm sorry to be leaving the centre I started at but the coach there just wasn't doing it for me. She ran a spa plus the IP and didn't seem to have time for me,even when I had a booked appointment. I have 5 lbs left to goal and want to loose about 10 beyond that while on the other phases.
Last night I had a NSV I saw my upper arms in the mirror and realized they were so much smaller. I've been running my hand down them since. Now if only that rool around my tummy wile disappear!
Have a great day everyone,and yes you are all wonderful
Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Have you tried the diet teas, a lot of people on this forum swear by them (I have been lucky so far and haven't needed them), just a thought.
My SIL, who's also on IP, is having terrible problems with constipation and our coach gave her a product called Florilax? Something that's IP approved and is supposed to help. Maybe check with your coach to see if they have something similar to offer you?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #59  

Well traveling to Baltimore went well. OP all the way. Got here last night ordered pizza for supper for the kids and my sister and brother, and I had fish and veggies that I brought with me. Yay me. I was sooooo worried about traveling and dieting....so far so good.

I seem to be super moody tho....hard to deal with especially with 4 young kids and finding patients. I swear my husband needs a reward for the swings he is subjected to. I feel fantastic other than that tho.....8 weeks and no cheats......crazy....unheard of for me!!

Good luck to the weighers today....and staying 100% op
Old 05-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #60  

Oh yeah, forgot! DH went for his weigh in yesterday (first in two weeks - our coach was away) and he's down over 50lbs as well.

So the two of us together have lost 100lbs in two months. Insanity. Love it!

I keep thinking about how much more longevity we're getting out of everything - better gas mileage because there's 100lbs less being driven around in the car. Less stress on our mattress now that there's 100lbs less sleeping on it.

Makes me feel even better!
Closed Thread