Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations to everyone resisting the urge to eat last night!!

Congratulations on all the great weight loss this week!!

I so appreciate this forum THANK YOU ALL for being here for each other!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Have you tried the diet teas, a lot of people on this forum swear by them (I have been lucky so far and haven't needed them), just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
My SIL, who's also on IP, is having terrible problems with constipation and our coach gave her a product called Florilax? Something that's IP approved and is supposed to help. Maybe check with your coach to see if they have something similar to offer you?
Thank you. My clinic gave me Novi-Lax a while ago and it was helping most of the time until I started p2. I may look into the tea if things dont get "moving" this next week with phase 3. Most of my breakfast meals I have planned out have around 15-24g of fiber JUST in the breakfast.. on top of the rest of the day I should be getting a LOT of fiber.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #63  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Had to share. So my boss just asked me, "Did you know today was National Star Wars Day?" We had a good laugh over it.

May the fourth be with you all!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud007 View Post
And for the food blog, I have started to adapt my recipes to be IP proofed.
Can you share with us your food blog so we can see your IP adaptations??

Quote:
Originally Posted by med22 View Post
Hello Everyone! I am excited for another new day! Once again I am new to this and I am looking forward to all the great support and advice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Good Day all. Thrilled with my first WI and looking forward to the next week. Loving all the tips, advice and recipes on the site here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post
Good morning everyone. As a newbie I appreciate all of the information and support. I am so glad that I found this site
Welcome to you! This is a great site!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
Very disappointing WI #7- no loss and last week was only 1.6 I only have 1.5 weeks left to get down to 156 for my military weigh in. Making some big changes this week:
  • starting the cleanse
  • using EVOO as a dressing instead of cooking with it
  • measuring my salt
  • measuring my veggies (I have gotten bad about this...)
  • no more extracts (I was using alcohol free), very limited WF products, no more baking powder
  • decreasing cal mag to 2/day
I have been 100% OP this whole time! My coach is concerned that stress has something to do with it. I am supposed to go to Afghanistan in July (I have a 3 year old and an 18 months old...makes it very hard to leave!)- we were already trying to get pregnant before we found out using fertility meds, so we have continued with that in hopes that I get pregnant before July but we havent had any luck so far in the past 3 months, I have to be within military standards by next week or I will be ineligible to go and my career will be affected, our house is for sale so we can try to move closer to my parents before I have to leave, etc, etc. The good thing is, IP has given me something to focus on so I dont spend so much time worrying about things I have no control over!

My coach is going to an IP conference in Chicago this weekend, I hope she finds out some good info This is going to be a BIG week for me!!
Thanks for your service to our country, Teden...good luck this week! Just a question...why go down to only 2 cal mag? Just curious!

As for me, looking forward to WI #5 tomorrow on my 30th birthday! I'm asking for the whoosh fairy!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Oh yeah, forgot! DH went for his weigh in yesterday (first in two weeks - our coach was away) and he's down over 50lbs as well.

So the two of us together have lost 100lbs in two months. Insanity. Love it!

I keep thinking about how much more longevity we're getting out of everything - better gas mileage because there's 100lbs less being driven around in the car. Less stress on our mattress now that there's 100lbs less sleeping on it.

Makes me feel even better!
You are so funny, I never thought about losing weight and saving gas. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 390/312/220

Height: 6'

Has anybody come up with clever uses for the Soy Patty? I had tried to make breakfast sausage patties out of it but that didn't go so well. I have a box and I don't dislike it but I'd like some ideas on other things to do with it besides making a soy patty.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Down 2.4 this week. I was hoping to get to 3 pounds but did not. The funny thing is today I weighed myself at home and I was down 1 pound from yesterday morning. So here's to a good week. Only 2 pounds to go to get to my 3 pound weekly loss goal!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'4

Good Morning, everyone!!! I just got back from my WI, and even though I felt like I hadn't lost anything (and may have cheated with a beer on a date earlier this week), I am down 4 more lbs!!! Finally down into the 140's, which I haven't seen in 8 years! I had a really difficult week trying to stay OP, and I definitely couldn't have done it without reading through everyone else's trials and successes every day. You all are the best, and now I have a renewed energy to see this through until the end! Thank you, all of you!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #69  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
Down 2.4 this week. I was hoping to get to 3 pounds but did not. The funny thing is today I weighed myself at home and I was down 1 pound from yesterday morning. So here's to a good week. Only 2 pounds to go to get to my 3 pound weekly loss goal!
this happened to me I weighed in on Wednesday dropping one pound then got on my Wii yesterday and dropped 4 from Wednesday...CRAZINESS I tell ya....lol

Looks like we have a lot of WI's today so make sure you log them into the challenge and GOOD LUCK to everyone. Seems like everyone is staying OP with little to no issues. I am going to my mom's until Monday, family reunion on Sunday so that should be interesting....lol....Have a great weekend everyone
Old 05-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #70  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I keep thinking about how much more longevity we're getting out of everything - better gas mileage because there's 100lbs less being driven around in the car. Less stress on our mattress now that there's 100lbs less sleeping on it.
Thanks, gave us a good laugh as DH and I are in the car now on the way to our Michigan cottage. I've lost 45 lbs and DH 10. His was not intended as he needs to gain at least 10 and then some. Hmm. With gas prices, better gass mileage would be great.

As for the mattress, we have a waterbed. Before I started, I could not get out of it over the frame without DH getting on and displacing enough water to raise me high enough. Now, 45 lbs less,it's not a problem. NSV.

Almost time for the Subway stop. Sure would be lost on the road without their salad. Makes it soooooo easy.

Check in later. Really cool being able to check on the road with our new netbook.

Molly
Old 05-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

What are the maximum daily carbs that we are not to exceed? I quickly Scanned Dr. Tran's book and also searched for specific carb posts but was unsuccessful finding the information. I also analyzed a recent week of daily carbs and was surprised that I was above 40 carbs for 5 of those days. I now know that 1 cup of cauliflower has 5 carbs and 1 cup of broccoli has 11 carbs. Many days I was eating 2 cups of both or a total of 32 carbs for just the veggies.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #72  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
What are the maximum daily carbs that we are not to exceed? I quickly Scanned Dr. Tran's book and also searched for specific carb posts but was unsuccessful finding the information. I also analyzed a recent week of daily carbs and was surprised that I was above 40 carbs for 5 of those days. I now know that 1 cup of cauliflower has 5 carbs and 1 cup of broccoli has 11 carbs. Many days I was eating 2 cups of both or a total of 32 carbs for just the veggies.
40 is the max you should be getting in
Old 05-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #73  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
I just had this freak out last night. You need to also take a look at your fiber, because that cancels out the carbs. Like I had 51g of carbs yesterday, but I also had 15g of fiber, so I had 36 net carbs. This website will explain things better than I can. http://www.livestrong.com/article/53...ual-net-carbs/
Old 05-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Thanks Wuv and Joy - just when I thought I knew many things I found there is still some learning I need to do. I am more confident now that I can get into, and stay in, ketosis.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to all the losers! WTG!

May the 4th be with you! hehe
Closed Thread