Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
this happened to me I weighed in on Wednesday dropping one pound then got on my Wii yesterday and dropped 4 from Wednesday...CRAZINESS I tell ya....lol

Looks like we have a lot of WI's today so make sure you log them into the challenge and GOOD LUCK to everyone. Seems like everyone is staying OP with little to no issues. I am going to my mom's until Monday, family reunion on Sunday so that should be interesting....lol....Have a great weekend everyone
I am looking at it as a head start for next week. Who knows, maybe next week I can be at 4 pounds... Ohh I love the dream.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Thanks for your service to our country, Teden...good luck this week! Just a question...why go down to only 2 cal mag? Just curious
my coach told me this could help with constipation....and at this point I'll try anything!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #78  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I saw this today. on Face Book. Looks good. I like the idea of lettuce wraps for a lunch box.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurge View Post
Has anybody come up with clever uses for the Soy Patty? I had tried to make breakfast sausage patties out of it but that didn't go so well. I have a box and I don't dislike it but I'd like some ideas on other things to do with it besides making a soy patty.
INDIAN SPICED SOY PATTIES (IP SOY PATTY): Have you tried these yet? Really good wrapped in lettuce leaves like a falafel. Here is a recipe which stretches the soy to make more portions for a bigger meal without cheating. This is also a nice way to hide the veggies.

INGREDIENTS
1 package IP Soy Patty
3 egg whites, beaten
Various chopped veggies (I use 1/4 cup cauliflower, 1/4 cup broccolli, and 1/8 cup onions plus about 1/2 stalk celery chopped)
1-3 tsp Indian spice powder. I use Garahm Masala or Chole Masala, but you can use just about any curry spice.
1 tsp olive oil

DIRECTIONS
1. Beat egg whites (not stiff)
2. Add IP Soy Patty package and mix
3. Add in spices. I use a heavy hand with the spice because I like the taste strong.
4. Add in vegetables. They should be cut fairly small so that you have little chunks, but not so big that the patty would not be able to cook evenly. Stir.
5. Add olive oil to heated pan. Spoon mixture onto pan. Should make 3-4 good sized patties.
6. You can either serve as patties or cut into pieces to make a lettuce wrap. (If you slice into longer thick strips, these are great to just wrap the lettuce around and pack into lunch boxes without any mess.)
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Joy--Your link includes "On a low-carb diet you may consume anywhere from 20 g to 150 g net carbs daily. University of Maryland Medical Center experts say you need at least 100 to 150 g of carbs to ensure adequate nutrition. No matter how many carbohydrates you include in your diet, try to limit carbs from sugary snack foods full of empty calories and choose nutrient-dense complex carbohydrates instead." My doctor was also concerned and advised against not being on a diet of less than 1200 calories daily. I felt my doctor was not up on the latest research and didn't know the relevant information on the IP diet, so I decided to go on IP.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/53...#ixzz1turrIHs3
Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #80  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
this happened to me I weighed in on Wednesday dropping one pound then got on my Wii yesterday and dropped 4 from Wednesday...CRAZINESS I tell ya....lol

Looks like we have a lot of WI's today so make sure you log them into the challenge and GOOD LUCK to everyone. Seems like everyone is staying OP with little to no issues. I am going to my mom's until Monday, family reunion on Sunday so that should be interesting....lol....Have a great weekend everyone
I bet some people will not recognize you right away. Have fun.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #81  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default I Made Turnip Chips That Tasted Good!!!

Morning everyone! Today's "daily" was slightly up, thinkin' it's cuz I ate my epic Turnip chips last night and they were super high salt, so I probably retained some water. I feel skinny today though, so woot!

I can officially say that I now can make chips out of turnips, bake them for forever, and then they turn out tasting like gourmet chips, and no sugar extra stuff, just sea salt and some chili powder, le' yum!!! I changed the recipe from the one I had and slimmed down the amount of oil used (used cooking spray w/ olive oil instead of "tossing" them in oil". My next adventure, to commence the next payday in May will be "Kale Chips"...gonna see which I like more. Now I can munch on something while watching TV without feeling guilty, woohoo! Again!

WI#2 will be in 3 days (Monday) So I'll be keeping an eye out for the Whoosh Fairy this weekend. Brought my walking shoes to work today instead of my normal sneakers, felt a little blister-ish after yesterday's walk, but I'm gonna be serious about this action, so that means I'll need my walkin' shoes every day for at least 20 minutes. I hope to get up to 45 min a day and use my full lunch break, but that won't be for a while...probably a few more weeks yet...and then, time to tone my inner thighs (yikes) and abs (double yikes!) one day at a time...

Sorry this is so long, but my day is just going so great that I want to get this all out before I forget...I realized that I couldn't be doing this diet with the walking at my former job. The hours were crazy, all my coworkers had food delivered every day (we were 911 dispatchers/call takers for the largest city in South Dakota, no lunch break, only 2 15min breaks that we had to stay on campus for), I worked 2PM-10PM Wednesday thru Sunday, never saw friends or family except DH and was VERY depressed. This new job, I get a solid hour for lunch, they never order in and only go out to eat usually, which is more of a pain than bringing my own lunches, are super supportive of what I'm doing, and there's a beautiful business-park area right by work so I can easily walk a mile circuit. I feel between all you amazing people and your ideas and this new job, I actually have a chance at succeeding with this diet.

Hearts to all of you!
~Kara
Old 05-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #82  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Oh yeah, forgot! DH went for his weigh in yesterday (first in two weeks - our coach was away) and he's down over 50lbs as well.

So the two of us together have lost 100lbs in two months. Insanity. Love it!

I keep thinking about how much more longevity we're getting out of everything - better gas mileage because there's 100lbs less being driven around in the car. Less stress on our mattress now that there's 100lbs less sleeping on it.

Makes me feel even better!
That is wonderful. I made my avatar a dumbbell because my son who is 9 asked how much 35#'s was when he heard I'd lost that much weight. I showed him a 35# dumbbell and he picked it up. He was Super Impressed and told me how proud he was, huge NSV for me. So that kinda stuck with me. I can't find a photo of a 57 pound dumbbell and my editing skill are not that strong. Hope to move it to a 60# one soon!

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-04-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 192.6/179/140

Height: 5'5"

OK what is the deal?! I have been looking after my mom since she had knee replacement surgery almost 2 weeks ago, as well as my own family, hubby and 3 boys as well as running my daycare, well, exhausted is not the word for it!
Last night I was absolutely beat by 7pm, my DH suggested I go to bed I would have but I like to stay up till I tuck my mom in for the night. So she doesn't fall and has everything she needs etc. etc. This usually happens around 10:30-11:00. So I ended up baking a pie for the family, for some reason I bake more when I'm dieting. Weird or what?
Anyway went to bed at 11:00 wiped out! I woke up WIDE AWAKE at 3 am WTH is with that! I'm on my 5th week, down 11 plus pounds and 11.5".
Anyone know what this is about? I love my sleep! Ideas?
P.S. still wide awake! LOL!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #84  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Back from WI#15 Down another 3 pounds and 11/2 inches. WHoot WHoot!
Gotta love IP.

Last edited by Tripmama; 05-04-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #85  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
That is wonderful. I made my avatar a dumbbell because my son who is 9 asked how much 35#'s was when he heard I'd lost that much weight. I showed him a 35# dumbbell and he picked it up. He was Super Impressed and told me how proud he was, huge NSV for me. So that kinda stuck with me. I can't find a photo of a 57 pound dumbbell and my editing skill are not that strong. Hope to move it to a 60# one soon!

HAHA! When I told my kickboxing instructor that I had lost 30 lbs she told me to imagine doing her class with 6 bags of potatoes attached to my body. OR 6 bags of flour!!!

It's crazy when you think about how much extra weight we once were carrying around
Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Hola my IP family!
Welcome to all the newbs Med22, Longhorn, Aud007 (I love to bake too, and am so missing it), Oojoy, Chikara and anyone I missed. You will love it here!

Carol - I meant to tell you the other day, you do not look old enough to have a son that old! How's he doing on the new program?

Sewmam - your energy is truly admirable! I can't believe how much you've accomplished over the last few weeks! Whew - you're making ME tired!

Tedon - You have my great admiration and thanks, and I am praying for you.

KBig - Your post gave me the biggest smile! I'm sooooooo missing my wine, but I'm with you - I will drink again! I will just look hot doing it!

Ya know, I never really thought about the wear and tear on my furniture or increased gas mileage.... hmmm.

NSV's to report: Two co-workers noticed my weight loss yesterday and said I was looking good (One even called me skinny, although I'm far from skinny)
and... I went through my old jean pile - you know the one's you used to love but can't fit into anymore? Well, they all fit! Two pairs are still a little snug, but I gained at least 4 pairs that I can start wearing now. Which is good, bc all of my "current" jeans are looking really baggy and saggy.

Fabulous Friday to all!!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #87  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
Joy--Your link includes "On a low-carb diet you may consume anywhere from 20 g to 150 g net carbs daily. University of Maryland Medical Center experts say you need at least 100 to 150 g of carbs to ensure adequate nutrition. No matter how many carbohydrates you include in your diet, try to limit carbs from sugary snack foods full of empty calories and choose nutrient-dense complex carbohydrates instead." My doctor was also concerned and advised against not being on a diet of less than 1200 calories daily. I felt my doctor was not up on the latest research and didn't know the relevant information on the IP diet, so I decided to go on IP.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/53...#ixzz1turrIHs3
Yep, I agree that not all doctors are up on latest research. Just wanted to give the link so you could see how fiber impacts your carb intake. Since IP makes no secret of being "unbalanced" I don't really pay attention to what studies say we should be getting, as the diet is not intended to be permanent.

Last edited by 0ojoyo0; 05-04-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Doing a little ... no make that a HUGE happy dance over here For the first time I had someone who doesn't know that I am dieting or anything about IP ask if I have lost weight !!!! So excited ! I know I can feel my clothes fitting differently and I know the scale is going down but I am beyond excited that it REALLY is showing !!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #89  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
HAHA! When I told my kickboxing instructor that I had lost 30 lbs she told me to imagine doing her class with 6 bags of potatoes attached to my body. OR 6 bags of flour!!!

It's crazy when you think about how much extra weight we once were carrying around
I like that I just pictured myself with bags of potatoes and flour. Obviously much easier to move around and to just breath with out the extra potatoes and flour.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #90  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

2nd weigh in this morning and I'm down another 4.6 pounds!
I can just feel Onederland in my future.
Closed Thread