Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 267/261/164

Height: 5'3"

I have a question - Are we only allowed 2 tsp. of olive oil a day, or is it in addition to salad dressing and cooking? Am I supposed to be cooking with "Pam" only? Please advise.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #152  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!
DanafromAustin - you mentioned Boot Camp Menu, what is that. I have been 100% OP for the past month but have only lost 9.2 lbs. Which is still good, I know but wondering if it could be better
I'm pretty sure I've read that 'Boot Camp Menu' means going totally with just the unrestricteds. Hopefully Dana or somebody will confirm in case I misunderstood.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #153  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Very exciting news today - I have a date for tomorrow. First time in 2 years (since I got divorced). Somebody I met through a co-worker is taking me on a cave tour. Somewhat odd choice for a first date, but I am really looking forward to exploring

Hope everyone has a great OP Friday!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday everyone! Just got my first order of Miracle Noodles in the mail today! I really want to try making a Pad Thai with them. I'll post a few pictures if it comes out good.

As for other things, stomach has been acting up a lot today so can't really say I've been 100% OP since I just haven't felt like eating. Hopefully this passes by tomorrow. Looking forward to a good weigh in for Monday's challenge.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #155  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!
DanafromAustin - you mentioned Boot Camp Menu, what is that. I have been 100% OP for the past month but have only lost 9.2 lbs. Which is still good, I know but wondering if it could be better
Evepet is right, it's only using unrestricted IP packets (no meat, chicken or fish protein) for all of your meals. You can have 4 to 5 packets per day (two at dinner if you want) and no restricted veggies. Soups, jelly, pudding and juices are the recommended foods for boot camp. Drink lots of water too. This is only recommended if you have hit a plateau and only to be used for 2 to 3 days max or until the scale moves.

I hesitated even mentioning boot camp at first because there are so many new people on this board now, and this isn't an alternative way of doing IP, but rather to be used if your weight has truly stalled or really slowed down for any length of time. I've been on IP for 7 months now, and have lost 85 pounds, and this is the first time I have ever needed to do boot camp. I really felt my body needed a shake up to get the scale moving again after so many months on this diet eating basically the same thing every day.

I have always lost just fine eating a restricted every morning, but if you feel your weight is a little too slow then you might try a week with no restricted in your diet. or have one just every other day, and see if that helps. However if you are loosing 9 to 10 pounds per month, then I think you are doing great.

Last edited by DanafromAustin; 05-04-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #156  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Very exciting news today - I have a date for tomorrow. First time in 2 years (since I got divorced). Somebody I met through a co-worker is taking me on a cave tour. Somewhat odd choice for a first date, but I am really looking forward to exploring

Sounds like the outdoors kind of guy. Have fun!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #157  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Woo Hoo! survived day 3...so much easier today. Friday is take out night. I ordered salad instead of fries and grilled swordfish instead of my usual fried seafood platter. I surprisingly was very satisfied. I know I can do this!!! Tonight was the test and it was easier than I thought.
Very good job! (Is "71" the year you were born? If so, me too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
2 more pounds from the scale gone today! Getting close to that big marker- under 200. I lost 3 lbs. of body fat and gained almost 2 pounds of lean muscle so the walking at least five days a week is certainly helping and the extra protein at lunch. Doing those two things seem to have put a stop to me losing lean muscle at least for now. Yay team IP!
Onderland is in your future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post

Let us all know how it goes! I love hearing about first dates!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I just bought a bag of broccoli-slaw at Whole Foods to make stir fry (yum!)
I have to painstakenly pick out the carrots before using it. Has anyone been able to buy it without the carrots? If not, I have a plan to buy a lot of packs, then spend an afternoon picking out all the carrots and then freezing the broccoli. It will be a chore, but definitely worth it.
You can make your own with a food processer, use the stems and the large grater setting.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Well, we did not win at the dog show today. But, we looked good losing!!
Bella groomed up beautifully!

I saw myself in a picture taken today and can not recognize myself! I tried to catch several acquaintances eye today to say hello. No go. I guess they don't realize it is me either.

After we returned home my friend and I ate at a buffet. dH joined us too. Can 't believe all That I found to eat there. Great salad bar! Baked fish and chicken, steamed brocolli and steamed cauliflower. Excited to know this option exists in town for us where there are many OP choices and unlimited salad too! Coffe for desert just awesome.

I had started losing a bit of weight prior to official IP start. From my highest weight to now....50 lbs gone. I carry 50lb bags of dog food in. Can't believe the work that is and I lost that much. The knees say, Hurray! iP is like a miracle for me. I am not the fastest loser, but still very respectable losses over time. Still in awe at the near miracle of it!

Last edited by Samba; 05-04-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Samba, Congrats! That is an amazing loss.
Glad you had fun at the show and found such a great place to eat OP.
Sounds like you have a great attitude toward this journey in your life!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Sorry I missed every one today! Congrats on all fof your successes!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Happy Friday everyone
Just started my first week of Phase II, it's been a long haul and I haven't been to this site for quite some time.

For all those Canadians out there, I went into Extra Foods yesterday and noticed a $1.00 off coupon for Mio!!! Not sure how long it has been available here but it was selling for 2.78 less the 1.00 so only 1.78/each. I paid close to $4.00 in Florida and ours doesn't contain propylene glycol which is a bonus!
On sale until the end of today May 4!
I was wodering what happened to you. You are doing awesome!!!

Pat
Old 05-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #163  

Height: 5'7

I had my WI#5 and wish it was bigger numbers, but it's a loss so I'll take it. 3 lbs and 2.5 inches.

I talked to my coach about my horrible mood before lunch (I force myself to hold out until noon each day) and my major drop in energy every day at 2pm. She suggested adding a bit more protein so I'll try that and see how it goes.

My BF was up a portion of a percent and I told her I did body pump on Monday last week. She definitely wants me to wait until I've been OP a bit longer before I do my class again. This makes me sad but doing some cardio for a while is better than nothing.

Last I brought up that I talked to the local IP rep about becoming a coach. She said the clinic is keeping an eye on me and can't wait to get me on coaching there! I'm thrilled!! They apparently just want me to go through all of the phases first! Woohoo!

Last edited by Soootiff; 05-04-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 142/128/112

Height: 5'5"

Cool Week 3 of IP, Day 1 of Forum!

Newbie here!

Week 1 went really well; stuck to plan 100%
Week 2 also went well, had to get creative with the veggies

Week 3: not as smooth. Traveled with clients for work and all meals were restaurant meals. By the time we got finished with meetings it was 10 pm and I hadn't had my 3rd IP packet. Not wanting to eat/ drink too late I skipped it. Two days in a row! Also concerned I didn't eat enough veggies. I need some help! Worried for weigh in Monday but am motivated to get right back on plan as soon as I get back home...

Huge confession: drank vodka on the rocks with old friends, finding it tough to resist temptation as a 20-something social gal. Bad dieter! But am going to a wedding tomorrow and am sticking to h2o. Lots of it! Where did the motivation run off to????
Old 05-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #165  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I love this diet!

I had a WI on Thursday....5 pounds flew away! There are so many ways that IP has improved my life: it's not so hard to move around, my clothes are looser, I'm losing that ball shape, I'm not in a sugar induced stupor, so I'm getting so much more done...

Now I can scoot off to read some more wonderful stories...
Closed Thread