Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #136  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Just remember that exercise might make you more hungry. Time it do you have a good meal after!
I was having a full restricted before, a full non-restricted after, then my meal 2 hours after that - I was so hungry after lifting! I plan on picking it back up after the pollen passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I totally understand what you mean about some of the items being 'too good'... I feel that way about some of the alternative bars I've tried over the past 5 weeks or so. A couple of them were just too darned tasty - it felt more like eating a candy bar - and after eating my one bar the rest of them seemed to beckon to me. I didn't give in - but I don't really need that temptation. I'd rather go with a bar that is 'good' but not 'so good' that it's giving me a siren call to eat another one! Actually the Pure Protein bar is affecting me this way too (just got some last weekend). When I finish my supply up, I don't think I'm going to restock them. Some of my other alternative protein sources are better for me.

From what I've read of your posts this week, it's been a busy and exhausting one...what with your allergies, hubby away, etc. I hope you're able to have a restful weekend.
Omg, it was a tough fight! But I guess a lot of folks had the same struggle this week. Removing the temptation was necessary, it was hard not to polish off the whole box!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #137  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
You might remember a couple of weeks ago I posted that though I was staying OP 100% as far as following the written protocol, the veggie choices I gravitated to (almost every day the higher carb rutabaga, turnip and red peppers) as well as eating 1 daily restricted bar caused me to unwittingly be on the higher end of carb intake and that my theory was that this slowed my weight loss.

Before anyone says that I'm stressing or making this too hard, shouldn't question the protocol, etc - the only thing stressing me out is not understanding how I can be following protocol 100% and lose only a half pound, and I am absolutely not questioning the protocol or trying to manipulate it in any way If I was adding my own items, or coming up with my own combinations and measurements, then that would be a legitimate observation.[/I] And please, I am not saying that eating rutabagas, turnips, peppers and a restricted bar on a daily basis is not recommended. All of these ARE on the IP protocol and I'm sure many people do just fine with them. Nor am I saying my theory would extend to anyone other than myself.

However, the week before my last weigh-in (when I was testing my theory) I cut out all rutabagas, turnips, red peppers and restricteds for the week. I went from a 1 lb loss the previous week to a 3 lb loss that week. OK, interesting, but I was mostly just happy with the results and didn't put too much emphasis on whether it was due to my "theory" or not.

But, this past week, I went back to having a daily restricted bar, and lots of red peppers, though did not go back to the rutabagas and turnips. Still much higher total carbs than the previous week. I changed nothing else. Ate my veggies, drank my water, had my 3 protein packets per day. This week I went back to losing only .5 lbs.

While I'm sure this still isn't "proof" of anything, I do believe that some people are just more carb sensitive and may have to work within the program to find the best combination of allowable foods to maximize results.

For me, I'm going back to the lower carb veggie choices, and alas.....no restricteds .... at least for the foreseeable future. I will really miss my bars in the morning with my coffee! But I not only want to boost my weight loss, I also do not want to be following IP 100%, and spend upwards of $80 a week, just to lose a half pound. So, time to 'shake it up' - not unlike others who are told by their coach to switch things around a little to get past a plateau.

So, we'll see how next weigh-in goes with this new approach. I only find it interesting, and just wanted to share. Anyway, I want to be more of a threat in the Spring Challenge so had to do something!
Good post. In my opinion it's good that you tested yourself that way, and know better now what does work best for you. As you said, some of us are more carb sensitive than others, and will do better with weight loss by sticking to the lower end of the carb scale. Thanks for posting your results. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that I am another that needs to more closely keep to the lower end of the carb scale, as I've experienced quite slow weight loss since my first couple of weeks. I may have to 'bite the bullet' and give up my protein bars and higher carb veggies in order to get better results. I'm on alternatives, so my weekly cost is much lower. I'm sure I'd be more inclined to do what you're doing if I had a weekly cost of $125 for the weekly IP food items (cost of 4/day + hst in Ontario, Canada).
Old 05-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #138  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

2 questions cravy another cup of coffee..do you think it will affect weigh loss and has anyone found a 0 calorie 0 sugar 0 carb 0 fat creamer for coffee .im using vanilla r2g right now but just curious??
Old 05-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #139  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
2 questions cravy another cup of coffee..do you think it will affect weigh loss and has anyone found a 0 calorie 0 sugar 0 carb 0 fat creamer for coffee .im using vanilla r2g right now but just curious??
I don't think a 000 creamer exists Haddy. Unfortunately. That was my big bug-a-boo too. And I found using the vanilla RTD didn't work very well, as it took so much to even 'colour' the coffee. Although I do use it (actually I use EAS RTD because I'm on alternative products) in my tea, and it's not too bad there. At least workable, with just a tbsp per cup. The lack of a suitable 000 creamer made me resort to drinking my coffee black! Which became more palatable when I moved up to a premium coffee. I made that switch about 3 weeks ago, and now I'm enjoying my black coffee.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 267/261/164

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
FYI, My coach gave me an IP document page about constipation. It instructs the client to stop the calcium/magnesium m supplement; she said because it is a part of what can/does cause constipation. They have you substitute a 500mg magnesium supplement and also add stool softener.
Thanks for this information. This is a life saver. It is just so frustrating that the genarl information for IP is different with each clinic. It makes sense to do it this way. Question: Is is okay to do the potassium/calcium tablet? That way I will still be getting calcium. Also, at my PCP I was told all I need to take is the multi vitamin and the Omega 3. I don't think they understand that IP is unbalanced hence the reason for the supplements. However the info you gave is coming from an IP clinic, so I can accept that they are familiar with the protocol. thanks again
Old 05-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #141  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
WI #9 and I am down 4lb, 3.375", and .69%!

I was hoping to start my 2 week workout experiment, did Bodypump 2x this week (sat & tue), but my allergies are killing! I was taking my first restricted, choco soy puffs, I had to stop! I had to actively work to not eat the whole box - havent had to work so hard at not eating something since the start of IP.

Anyways, I am looking forward to some sleep this weekend, hope everyone stays OP.

Oh, forgot to confess - I had 2 packs of the soy puffs yesterday for lunch and snack. My first slip - don't want a repeat, that's why I am not getting them...too good!
great weigh in !!!! so happy for you
Old 05-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortcake224 View Post
Thanks for this information. This is a life saver. It is just so frustrating that the genarl information for IP is different with each clinic. It makes sense to do it this way. Question: Is is okay to do the potassium/calcium tablet? That way I will still be getting calcium. Also, at my PCP I was told all I need to take is the multi vitamin and the Omega 3. I don't think they understand that IP is unbalanced hence the reason for the supplements. However the info you gave is coming from an IP clinic, so I can accept that they are familiar with the protocol. thanks again
The page doesn't specifically say delete the potassium calcium - only the calcium magnesium. (Use personal potassium 500 mg dosage). My coach was silent about deleting or keeping the calcium magnesium. I assume the calcium dosage is okay in the CM but will ask her Tuesday.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post

For me, I'm going back to the lower carb veggie choices, and alas.....no restricteds .... at least for the foreseeable future. I will really miss my bars in the morning with my coffee! But I not only want to boost my weight loss, I also do not want to be following IP 100%, and spend upwards of $80 a week, just to lose a half pound. So, time to 'shake it up' - not unlike others who are told by their coach to switch things around a little to get past a plateau.
I have also struggled with a 1 lb weight loss 2 weeks in a row and am also going to use no restricted items to help me maximize my weight loss to "shake it up" for at least the near future.I am also going to look at total veggie carbs as part of my decision on what to eat daily. Since I am not on ketosis (recent test) I am hoping this change will help there too. I analyzed my net carbs, protein, and fat for that 2 week period (my calorie counter does not measure sugar and some other things) plus days I had a restricted. Every day I ate a restricted item the net carbs were in the 30-40 range. My age may be a factor and also possibly carb sensitive which is a term I have heard on this diet.

Last edited by qsuzi1; 05-04-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Just wanted to let everyone know that I tried the IP potato clam chowder recipe from the IP Finland Facebook page. Holy cow-the best IP meal I have ever had. And if you are not a celery lover- don't let that scare you away. I HATE celery, but figured I would give it a try in this dish. It was amazing. Definitely the easiest way I have ever incorporated 2C veggies into my lunch so far
Old 05-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #145  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
I am going to a social event tonight where there will be food stations from local restaurants as the dinner (and dessert). I don't know what they will be serving. Obviously I know to pass on the desserts but how should I handle the "unknown" area of food? Should I have a salad or a shake before going? Any advice would be appreciated.
I think having something to eat ahead of time is a great idea. Putting a snack in your purse or pocket might be a good idea, even if you don't use it, knowing you can may be comforting.

AWESOME

Keep up the hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
First weigh in results:

7 pounds lost and 5 inches lost!!

I LOVE IT! Here's to another 100% OP week!
Question?

I think I just read restricted items are 9 carbs or higher? I will go check the stickies too.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #146  

Height: 5'7

TGIF!!! So glad I have the weekend ahead of me. Just have to make it 45 minutes more and I'll be out of the office for the weekend.

WI#5 is tonight. So excited!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #147  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Default New IP products

My coach told me today that next week she will have in two new items! There is a new strawberry shortbread cookie (not sure if restricted or not but assume it is) and a chicken patty mix ( I think it is similar to the soy patty mix). I already put an order in to try each so I hope they are good. Has anyone else heard anything about them?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Woo Hoo! survived day 3...so much easier today. Friday is take out night. I ordered salad instead of fries and grilled swordfish instead of my usual fried seafood platter. I surprisingly was very satisfied. I know I can do this!!! Tonight was the test and it was easier than I thought.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday Everyone!
DanafromAustin - you mentioned Boot Camp Menu, what is that. I have been 100% OP for the past month but have only lost 9.2 lbs. Which is still good, I know but wondering if it could be better
Old 05-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #150  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

2 more pounds from the scale gone today! Getting close to that big marker- under 200. I lost 3 lbs. of body fat and gained almost 2 pounds of lean muscle so the walking at least five days a week is certainly helping and the extra protein at lunch. Doing those two things seem to have put a stop to me losing lean muscle at least for now. Yay team IP!
Closed Thread