Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #121  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
Here is a link to the recipe. I have only tried it with broccoli & cheese soup, I only use 1 egg white and I add a bit of water to make it a thick batter consistency. Make sure you really Pam your baking paper or wax paper because mine stuck the first time

oooh thank you for this. It is nice that I can have a 'bread' while on this plan!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #122  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Thanks for the info, Thurge.

I don't get to Atlanta a lot. We live right by Callaway Gardens. I like staying down here in the quiet country. I do go visit a friend in Griffin occasionally, so we'll have to make that one of our trips out exploring.

As for recipes. I like it pretty simple, just add a little water and microwave till soft and then add a little WF strawberry syrup. I grew up with it and pretty much always ate it just stewed with a tiny bit of sweetener.

Here is one using the cereal which is not restricted. I know how you feel about saving your restricted to your favorites.

Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Molly
Now this sounds really good. I am gonna have to try it. Thanks Molly. by the way, I love your new pic.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #123  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Been away for a few days.. Stressed with the painting and moving my mother's stuff around (de packing the pack rat) went off plan for a few days. Then I found myself all blocked up Funny enough I lost 2lbs at weigh in today.

Today is the 1st day I feel more focused and will remain back OP

Lately I have found myself feeling very thirsty and tired even though I am drinking 14 eight ounce glasses a day? Anyone had that experience while on IP? This is week 3 for me.

Congratulations to all who lost this week
Old 04-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #124  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
That is funny because I was reading to the end of the thread to see if anyone posted this recipe. I read the whole thread to keep occupied so i wouldn't bite into my delish rhubarb cake before it cools! It is best with a small pinch of salt.
I always seem to overdo that.

Chloe and evepet; the one place in Canada which always seems to have rhubarb is Safeway. I am always scared when I go there that they will not have it anymore and I buy bags of it each time.

Pat
Thanks Pat. I've been trying to check whether we even have a Safeway in this area, and it seems as if we don't. From what I've been able to see on the internet, Safeway is bigger out west? I used to live in B.C., which would explain why I'm familiar with the Safeway name. There are a few locations in Northern Ontario, but I'm more in the Central part - not all that far NE of Toronto. Doesn't seem to be an option for me - but hopefully I'll luck out at FarmBoy tomorrow.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #125  
Started IP 3/28/12

S/C/G: 140/128/115

Height: 5'2"

Question

How much stevia can you use in per day?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Evening all!

Any good advice for me? I am planning to go out of town for a conference for 5 days. My plan is to take my food with me but I will be eating out all week. Need some suggestions- nervous about it!

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #127  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody

Running out bright & early to Whole Foods to finally get some Rhubarb. I have checked every local store around me and noone has it so I am taking the 40 minute ride to get it.. I hope thay have it.

Have a great OP day
Be sure and post how you liked it. I have been looking for rhubarb to try some of the recipes I have found on here, but I am having trouble locating it, too. I plan to look for it this weekend when I travel out of town.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #128  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

WI was not so great today. All afternoon I felt like I was swelling up (TOM soon), and I ended up down by .2lbs

It is disappointing to see that number, and I won't even update my signature for that. However, since I am convinced that this is just water, not a bad loss week I'll keep going full steam ahead and expect a real woosh moment next week. Darn, was really hoping for official onederland. Next week then, maybe.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #129  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Are egg whites allowed in phase 1?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Thanks Pat. I've been trying to check whether we even have a Safeway in this area, and it seems as if we don't. From what I've been able to see on the internet, Safeway is bigger out west? I used to live in B.C., which would explain why I'm familiar with the Safeway name. There are a few locations in Northern Ontario, but I'm more in the Central part - not all that far NE of Toronto. Doesn't seem to be an option for me - but hopefully I'll luck out at FarmBoy tomorrow.
Oh I forgot about that. I'm originally from Nova Scotia, I hadn't seen Safeways til I came to Alberta.

Pat
Old 04-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volly View Post
Are egg whites allowed in phase 1?
Yes, two a day are allowed.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Can someone explain why we need to be careful about eating things that are a little higher in salt, yet part of the diet includes consuming a 1/2 tsp of sea salt per day? Why could you not consume the salt from the foods you eat instead? Why would one cause retention and the other not?
I know the sea salt is concidered much better because of the minerals. So you have to get that in but I don't think we are supposed to get more than that.

In the recipe I mentioned the salt because I think at one time I read it posted with 1/8 teaspoon of salt and it tasted too salty. Wing posted it with "a pinch" of salt and that is all it needs for taste reasons.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #133  
New to diets and blogs ..

S/C/G: 158/158/115

Height: 5'2

Wink New to Ideal Protein .... Starting today

Hi All,

I just signed up today. Tomorrow is going to be my first day on IP. Although I Have had weight issues for the last 3 years, I have never resorted to dieting, as I have always felt as if they do not work.

Im 100% set and ready to start this new journey tomorrow. I use to be 110 pounds just over 3 years ago, and now weight 158. I am not tall at all, so it doesnt help. I just want feel better, be healthier, be more active and also get back my confidence since this heavy weight gain.

For my first day tomorrow, do you have any tips and or suggestions?
I really do want to do this, and I am glad i have found this group, as I am not sure where else to turn to for support.

Look forward to hearing any tips from anyone ...

Thanks,

Dee :-)
Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
Hi All,

I just signed up today. Tomorrow is going to be my first day on IP. Although I Have had weight issues for the last 3 years, I have never resorted to dieting, as I have always felt as if they do not work.

Im 100% set and ready to start this new journey tomorrow. I use to be 110 pounds just over 3 years ago, and now weight 158. I am not tall at all, so it doesnt help. I just want feel better, be healthier, be more active and also get back my confidence since this heavy weight gain.

For my first day tomorrow, do you have any tips and or suggestions?
I really do want to do this, and I am glad i have found this group, as I am not sure where else to turn to for support.

Look forward to hearing any tips from anyone ...

Thanks,

Dee :-)
Welcome Dee! You might want to post in the chat tomorrow too, since this thread will be closed and people would not be able to respond to you.

Anyway, if your clinic sells individual packets, it's a great way to experiment until you find your favorites. Taste buds change too, so even if you hate one at first, wait a month and see what you think. Walden Farms products are used by alot of people too, as they have 0 cal, 0 fat, 0 sugars, 0 carbs...

Drink lots of water and basically do what they tell you - get your vegees, salt, oil, packets and meat protein in, and the supplements. There are many people on here with big hearts and lots of experience to help. Great resource here!

Good luck!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:42 AM   #135  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volly View Post
Be sure and post how you liked it. I have been looking for rhubarb to try some of the recipes I have found on here, but I am having trouble locating it, too. I plan to look for it this weekend when I travel out of town.
Volly, I used the recipe from CassiR.. and I loved it, it felt like I was eating fruit. it was tart, but with the strawberry syrup, it had that sweet/ tart taste that I like. I am glad I picked up 10 bags of it yesterday, I am going to try the recipe from molly with the cereal this weekend. It was definetly worth the trip to get it.
Closed Thread