Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #76  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Default Rhubarb - found it!

All this talk about rhubarb today got me determined to locate some in my city. I went to yellowpages.ca and got the listing of supermarkets... and called each and everyone. Finally found ONE of the major chains of supermarkets that regularly stocks frozen rhubarb. Guess what my errand will be tomorrow!? You got it... a major stock up on frozen rhubarb. It's a supermarket I've never gone to as it's quite far away from me, but it will be worth the trip tomorrow. (Who would have ever thought we'd be going to such extremes to locate.......... rhubarb!)
Old 04-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Yeah, I've been trying to do that. I have at least 70oz of water a day now, cut my coffee to a cup a day, don't drink soft drinks anyway, and most carbs I can't really have. We've been doing it halfway, I guess, to get us ready for it. When I start IP (alternative), I want it to be all or nothing, if that makes sense, and the vacation makes me nervous for that.
Then wait until the vacation is over. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feasted on some of my favorite foods/beverages before I started IP. If you try to start while on vacation, you may be setting yourself up for failure. I don't think I could have done that.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #78  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Hey IP experts...just a question...I'm reading Dr. Tran's book and on page 28 it says the protein diet is only recommended for 2-4 weeks...I figure he must have revised this with the IP protocol because I don't know anyone who was done in 2-4 weeks (I'm just getting started with weight loss in week 3...) Just curious if anyone knows why or what the current standard is.
That book was written a few years back many changes have been made to the program since it was written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
Well,funally I'm back. I've been busy travelling for the Easter W/E and then right back to the 12 hr shifts and did 6 in a row. I'm off today and really getting my game on to be totally 100%. I note that I have been slipping off program . Yesterday I went to the clinic to get my food,but the coach didn't have time to weigh or measure me. I was disappointed,but even more determined to get back on track. I love coming here and get the motivation that you all offer in your posts. Keep up the great work everyone,and let's see less of ourselves!
I just don't understand some of these coaches.....it drives me crazy!!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #79  
Started IP 5-1-15

S/C/G: 210/196/160

Height: 5'5

Default Newbie with a scale question

I did try the search function first as i know this has probably been adressed. This is 3rd week OP and weigh in coming Monday. Lost 6.6 first week 4 second week and the scale has not budged a bit this week. Is it typical for the scale to JUMP or is it usually a daily increment? I've not slacked off so Im not sure what is happening. Should I stay off the scale every day?
Old 04-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #80  

S/C/G: See Ticker....getting there!

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi67 View Post
I did try the search function first as i know this has probably been adressed. This is 3rd week OP and weigh in coming Monday. Lost 6.6 first week 4 second week and the scale has not budged a bit this week. Is it typical for the scale to JUMP or is it usually a daily increment? I've not slacked off so Im not sure what is happening. Should I stay off the scale every day?
I'm in my third week as well. I lost 4 pounds my first week, 5 my second....but I lost that very early in my second week. I was at the -9 mark since the middle of the second week until this morning...JUST dropped 2 pounds. It might not even show at the dr.'s office b/c I'll be wearing clothes. ha ha
Anyway, I'm in a similar boat and I think we should stay off of the scale. I am NOT going to weigh myself until I go to the dr. on Monday. Hey - if we can finally control the food we eat, then I'm sure we can control weighing ourselves! I used to go months w/out stepping on the scale b/c it made me so sad....

Good luck to you!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning.

Today is the Big Day. Im going to my Ideal Protein workshop to start my journey, wish me luck. And as always Good Luck to Everyone on their goals!
Prettyone,

You will love this diet! Stop in here daily, you will learn so much, get great tips and support! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
Some times even though I'm OP my weight loss slows or even reverses temporarily. I begin to wonder whether the amount of WF products and stevia I consume causes it? I'm not sure but, I don't think it is. Suddenly I dropped 7 lbs over 4 days.
You're right, the body does what it wants to do, we just have to trust in the diet and it does work! Look at my stats. I keep the weekly change in my signature so folks can see them - I gained during 2 weeks - and still over 10 weeks have lost 25 pounds - half of what I will lose. So there are fluctuations - including gains but it all works out. Just stay OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
Had my second WI yesterday and lost 5.5 pounds !! So excited ... AND it was a surprise because I stayed off the scale for the entire week ... YAY!!!!!
Way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody!

Back to work I go, pulling vines, clearing out the carport for pressure washing tomorrow! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
How are you today? You were the first one I thought of when I opened the daily thread. Hope all the house prep work is going well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marie View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I have been weighing myself every day...need to stop! :0

I have a greek dressing which is less than 1 carb. The fat and calorie content is the same as using oil on my salad. I need to look again at the nutrition facts to see what kind of oil is used. Anyway, I had some last night on a salad and it was really, really good. I added 1 oz of feta (didn't have any milk yesterday!).

Anyone else experiment with other dressings besides WF and olive oil/vinegar?
Are we allowed feta? It is tasty but I haven't had any during phase 1. If its OK, I need to know! (I don't have a coach to ask amnd I don't recall seeing it on the protocol sheet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn04 View Post
I am soo ready for the weekend. I have a baby shower to go to. Please let there be a vegetable tray or I will be forced to roll in with a protein shake and a salad
Bring your own food, you will be glad you did! Bring a favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
SCORE!! lol, they had the Rhubarb and I bought 10 packs of it, a guy in the aisle chuckled and said you sure do like that stuff huh? I said I dont know yet, I never tried it. He looked a littled puzzled

It took me an hour to get there and an hour home so i stocked up.
LOL! Sounds like something I would do. So far, I haven't found any rhubarb within an hour of my home...will continue to look. Great recipe ideas here today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12 View Post
Sure Cassie! Since we have the same stats, I look up your weekly stats and it's usually a pretty good gauge on what I can expect for that week.

Since I saw a very tiny loss this week, to give my body a shakeup, I am wondering if I should not skip the 1 restricted food each day and just stick to the unrestricted foods for a while. Is it allowed to select only IP drinks or puddings for Phase1 along with the required veggies, meat and water? I am not a fan of the soups..I am already drinking more than 100oz water each day, so not sure what else to do. I so want to blame my hypothyroidism for the slow loss
I have hypothyroidism too, and am now stable in terms of my thyroid med. Are you stable in that regard or still working on getting the best dose for your condition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaB50NFabulous View Post
I guess it was my bodies week to catch up. I gained 3 lbs even though I was 100% OP. Hopefully next week will be much better!
I gained 2 pounds twice but look what happened next. See weight loss listing below. Your body will make up for it as long as you have been 100% OP.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marie View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I have been weighing myself every day...need to stop! :0

I have a greek dressing which is less than 1 carb. The fat and calorie content is the same as using oil on my salad. I need to look again at the nutrition facts to see what kind of oil is used. Anyway, I had some last night on a salad and it was really, really good. I added 1 oz of feta (didn't have any milk yesterday!).

Anyone else experiment with other dressings besides WF and olive oil/vinegar?
I have used newmans own light oil and vinegar the whole time. No issues.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklady231 View Post
Good Luck to you! This is a fantastic program!
Thank you so much. I have tried just about everything.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi67 View Post

YES!!! Stay off the scale!!! It will only frustrate you and the numbers can fluctuate throughout the day....the only # that matters is the official weigh in anyway!!! Its hard, but YOU CAN DO IT!!! If you can change your eating lifestyle, you can change your weighing habits too!!!!

Also - its typical to see the 3rd and/or 4th week slow a little, but after that, it'll start moving right along!!!!!

Good luck to you!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Thank you so much. I plan to give it my all. I really need for this to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Welcome and good luck! This has been a great journey for me and I think it will be for you too!

Good Morning Lilone!

I do too! But I love my coffee!

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

I had DH hide the scale this week. I am so addicted to it but I want to be surprised at my next weigh-in. I will let you know how it goes!

Welcome and I hope you feel better soon!

I had one new lamb this morning! I still have 2 more ewes to go! I love babies, they are so cute!
I hope everyone has a great day, stay motivated because summer is almost here!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #86  

S/C/G: See Ticker....getting there!

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=Chloe222;4300800]Prettyone,

Are we allowed feta? It is tasty but I haven't had any during phase 1. If its OK, I need to know! (I don't have a coach to ask amnd I don't recall seeing it on the protocol sheet.)

I can't say that it's allowed and wouldn't want to sway anyone who isn't comfortable with a little bit of experimenting...but.....It's on the alternative plan, 60 g per day, and I'm just using a generous sprinkle in place of any other dairy. I don't drink any milk, which we are allowed, and I've read about coaches allowing a tiny bit of cheese in place of the milk. Slippery slope, but it made SUCH a difference in my salad last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I have used newmans own light oil and vinegar the whole time. No issues.
Thanks. Good to know. I don't want to start sneaking things in, slippery slope again, but I couldn't see why this wouldn't be allowed since it is <1 carb and the same calories and fat as oil and vinegar. I looked at the ingredients at lunch and it's soybean oil, vinegar, and spices.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #87  
Started IP 5-1-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyflower View Post
YES!!! Stay off the scale!!! It will only frustrate you and the numbers can fluctuate throughout the day....the only # that matters is the official weigh in anyway!!! Its hard, but YOU CAN DO IT!!! If you can change your eating lifestyle, you can change your weighing habits too!!!!

Also - its typical to see the 3rd and/or 4th week slow a little, but after that, it'll start moving right along!!!!!

Good luck to you!!!
I feel great, its not getting easier seeing my family eat some of the foods I used to love but Im NOT craving them. As long as I see results, Im in! I can deal with slow weeks if it moves in the same direction. I love this site and I know it will motivate me even more. Good Luck Monday!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #88  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Default rhubard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
OMG... I almost did the same thing this week. Our nearest whole foods is 40 miles away. Luckily, I told my mom about my plan and she told my that my grandmother had some rhubarb in her freezer. Score! I still can't find kale though...let us know if you find anything fun!
Any great reciepes on how to eat it??
Old 04-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #89  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
Had my second WI yesterday and lost 5.5 pounds !! So excited ... AND it was a surprise because I stayed off the scale for the entire week ... YAY!!!!!
Good Job!!! the is awesome!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #90  
Started IP 5-1-15

[QUOTE=Manda Marie;4300824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Prettyone,

I can't say that it's allowed and wouldn't want to sway anyone who isn't comfortable with a little bit of experimenting...but.....It's on the alternative plan, 60 g per day, and I'm just using a generous sprinkle in place of any other dairy. I don't drink any milk, which we are allowed, and I've read about coaches allowing a tiny bit of cheese in place of the milk. Slippery slope, but it made SUCH a difference in my salad last night.

Thanks. Good to know. I don't want to start sneaking things in, slippery slope again, but I couldn't see why this wouldn't be allowed since it is <1 carb and the same calories and fat as oil and vinegar. I looked at the ingredients at lunch and it's soybean oil, vinegar, and spices.
My Coach says NO CHEESE. She is pretty strict but Im not quite ready to experiment yet. As she says..."why do you want to prolong phase 1?" Do what works for you and track results. Then you will know for sure. Good Luck!!
Closed Thread